• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

so who is...

crifer

Smash Lord
the best dk player in your opinion?
i mean the game is out in the states since a while,
i´ve seen some nice dk´s but.....so who´s the best?

itsthebigfoot

Smash Lord
according to a few people I'm the best in socal, but then again, I'm the only known dk main in socal, so I kinda have it stacked in my favor, there hasn't been enough time/tourneys to determine the best, a few big names are Kyle and Tom, Bum, CBK (he sucks though, he just placed well by camping), Riot, Darkrain, and Ultra-Luigi (who seconds dk, but he's in socal so apparently his dk is not as good as mine, his luigis better than my dk though), although there are plenty of dks popping up, like axelol and ripple, so we won't know for a while

Nokonoko

Smash Apprentice
bigfoot said:
CBK (he sucks though, he just placed well by camping)
How do you camp without projectiles …? I don’t know much about Brawl competitive play.

itsaxelol

Smash Ace
bigfoot right now is the best dk ive played. he might find that surprising considering how gross our button lag set was though >_>

to be fair, i havent played any other mainstream dk, just a handful of random good ones

TTT

Smash Journeyman
oh thx guys that's kool don't mention me sucky DK player walking through don't mind me

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
I think that I'm tied for best DK online with kyle because he's the only other DK that bats me half the time everyone else I beat 3-5 or 2-3. our gmes are too epic kyle

but rest assured I am just as good as kyle, bum, bigfoot and riot off-line.

and how am I not a big name like kyle or bum when I'm just as good as them? I should be at least mentioned as one of the top people. <--- dosen't sound so modest

Tx3Fate

Smash Cadet
not modest sounding at all. :p

I don't think I do too poorly with DK, but haven't played enough guys to see how I stack up. Id like to see how you roll ripple, ive played against a lot of the kids in nyc crews and some of the better players in the online scene and have done well. Then again, I still think Bum is the best DK in the nation - but thats just me.

goodoldganon

Smash Champion
I'd love to see how I match up, but I'm in the middle of a move now. Hopefully sometime here soon I can play Kyle, Ripple, or Bigfoot. I'd like to think I'm a great DK player. I do very well against Bizzarro Flame, if you keep up with Ganondorf's game.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
send me a friend request ganon. whenever your done moving I'll be on waiting for you

TierWhore

Smash Journeyman
I haven't played many DKs, but Bum Eli and I rep it in NY. Idk who's better, me or Eli, but i know for a fact that bum is. Bum is definitely the best player in NY overall, though he mains like everyone now. His dk is broken. Too bad NY doesn't have many videos up, i feel like there's a decent DK community here.

itsthebigfoot

Smash Lord
TTT you were kinda included in the new players popping up, I have never heard of you before online allisbrawl, so not many people know your name

and ripple, tournaments are 10x different, place well there and then you could say you're up there with everyone, also, dittos don't prove who is better, i used to win or come close in falcon dittos to people who were way better than me, and lose to people who don't play falcon at all, it's just different. if you can do well against other characters, then you're good. also, most dks are great online, some rely too much on tilts and bair's to do well online though, tournaments are different

EDIT: you can camp with anyone, regardless of projectiles, cbk just ran and charged his bpunch, occasionally hit his cstick or did a back air, occasionally being once per opponents stock

HOHO420

Smash Apprentice
Idk, I know sum pretty sick dks. Other then the ones in this forum. You should go to tourneys n see the dks there, its a massacre. But thats around here, idk where you guys live if theres alot of dk mainers or tourneys.

The Pope

Smash Apprentice
I hope my name will eventually be up there with the big guns when I enter tournies. I'm a DK main so that's my dream for competitive smash. I haven't been to a tournie yet because of college but I'll be going to a couple when the summer hits. I always get really good props online when I play my DK but online isn't really the best place to test your mettle. We all know lag is God tier.

TierWhore

Smash Journeyman
Just returned from another NYC weekly, and I must concur:

Bum.

And get at me for having bum complement me in my signature
VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
I still have a LOT to learn and wouldn't think it right to see my name on the list. I still lose tournament matches all the time, while people like Bum and Bigfoot place high in well-respected areas.

Jmex

Smash Lord
NNID
Jmex25
3DS FC
4613-8799-3599
I hope my name will eventually be up there with the big guns when I enter tournies. I'm a DK main so that's my dream for competitive smash. I haven't been to a tournie yet because of college but I'll be going to a couple when the summer hits. I always get really good props online when I play my DK but online isn't really the best place to test your mettle. We all know lag is God tier.
I know exactly what you mean, The only tourney that i have been able to go to since brawls launch was Aznforce's tourney that took place at Lake Forest (It was fun btw). I went all DK there, although i was only able to participate in doubles with a friend that goes to school with me (Something came up at the last min).... Anyways, besides that i haven't been able to go to anything... Hopefully in the next few months ill be completely done with college and ill be able to attend local tourney's more often.

PS: I know playing doubles vs. singles is alot different but i thought i would put up a vid anyway.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=SjlRwbfuHg0

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
PS: I know playing doubles vs. singles is alot different but i thought i would put up a vid anyway.
On that note, I got 1st in a Doubles tournament this weekend and then proceeded to get 17th place in the Singles tournament... =/

but doubles >>> singles anyways. =) so much more fun.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
so, tom... I still have yet to ever play you online, in fact, I've never even seen you online. and is the sig rotator working for you or not?

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
actually, when i log into the sig rotator url, it doesnt work T_T im going to try it again later tonight.

i cant play wifi again until June 1st x.x

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
does it say that you can't login to it or the rotator url doesn't work. send me a PM about it.

Jmex

Smash Lord
NNID
Jmex25
3DS FC
4613-8799-3599
On that note, I got 1st in a Doubles tournament this weekend and then proceeded to get 17th place in the Singles tournament... =/

I have to agree with you on that one... Randomness = Fun

itsthebigfoot

Smash Lord

really? i get wrecked in doubles, might be because i play with random #19 though. for singles, just hope you get matched up against metaknights, it's a free win for the big ol monkey if you can space your fsmash

jmex, if you're going to ucla 6 i'll see you there, my crews going to wreck dbr and dsf's new crew there :D

Jmex

Smash Lord
NNID
Jmex25
3DS FC
4613-8799-3599
really? i get wrecked in doubles, might be because i play with random #19 though. for singles, just hope you get matched up against metaknights, it's a free win for the big ol monkey if you can space your fsmash

jmex, if you're going to ucla 6 i'll see you there, my crews going to wreck dbr and dsf's new crew there :D
Awesome, ill def try to make it... If not ill for sure go to the next one... Last week and a half of my term to i really got to finish up some last minute projects...

Top Bottom