• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

So who here will be try to main Corrin when he comes out?

Chapter Serf

Ace Skell Pilot
Premium
NNID
ChapterSerf
3DS FC
3969-7074-2956
I might. I did say I was going to body @Raziek with her when she came out.

My hands write checks over Skype the rest of me can't cash but hey! It'll be fun.

Last edited:

WindHero

Smash Regalia
3DS FC
3866-8030-1688
I'm totally down for Corrin. I was super happy seeing that reveal, FE characters have been a choice of mine from the start, and Corrin looks sick. I already main Robin, so why not main the next incarnation too?

Corrin is officially king/queen of hitstun too, now. Name one other character who can keep someone in hitstun indefinitely.
(Although, they'll probably put a limit on it. Otherwise, seal a stock, then pin them until time runs out. XD )

BlueTerrorist

Smash Ace
Main, I wont know unless I try Corrin. Kinda miffed FE got another rep at first but it's cool. As long as the moveset looks interesting which it does. Cant wait to give Corrin a try along with Bayonetta.

Besides, Corrin can turn into a dragon. What's not to like :p?

Neoleo21

Smash Apprentice
I've been waiting for a character like this one actually, a stunning projectile with good speed is absolutely insane for sword user. The F-smash looks stupid good and side b mix ups into edge cancels look to be a thing. I think I've found the character to really invest my time into.

Lechteron

Smash Apprentice
I'll probably pick Corrin up as a secondary. I do really well with Bowser Jr. so I'll probably stick with him but I can definitely see some potential.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Absolutely. I'm beyond excited and he/she looks amazing and different. And there's even some lance-esque action with Dragon Fang! Sign me up! Most excited I've been for any DLC character! It's been tough wading through all this salt.

Will probably be making a new home in these Corrin boards!

Luis1234554321

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Luis-Dui
3DS FC
0259-0603-2596
SHE will be my secondary I love female Corrin but Male Robin will always be my main:)

Last edited:

gridatttack

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Gridatttack
I'll try.
If the character does better overall in terms of MU, I'm putting down my monado boy to secondary.

Kalierdarke

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kalierdarke
I voted for Ryu from Breath of Fire for the ballot

This is pretty much the next best thing, so at the very least I'll probably pick Corrin up as a secondary.

Gawain

Smash Lord
NNID
Gawain
3DS FC
5069-4113-9796
I'm going to give him a shot. He looks like he has extremely interesting mobility and mixup options with that lance special. I can think of many interesting uses for that move.

FlynnCL

Smash Journeyman
Definitely going to try him out. Corrin has me the most interested out of all newcomers, just because of how visually creative most of his attacks are (back-air, forward-smash, jab). Dragon Lunge being my favourite out of all; it looks phenomenal and I hope there's multiple mix-ups possible.

Corrin also looks like another relatively fast paced fighter. I think I caught a clip where a player was using short-hop fast-fall back-airs. Bayonetta is a close second in interest, she also looks incredible. In all this was a good broadcast for me.

Bilbao

Smash Rookie
NNID
sebastian.bilbao
3DS FC
2122-6607-0665
I'm gonna main him beside Robin and Roy, but if I feel most comfortable with him, Corri is gonna be my principal main. Can't wait for February!.

Last edited:

MachoCheeze

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MachoCheeze
I've honestly grown pretty tired of Pac-Man. I've never played a Fire Emblem game but, Corrin looks SO DOPE. I love shape-shifting characters and I love her design and her footage from the direct. Definitely have my eye on her.

Last edited:

Aife

Smash Apprentice
Unless I get really addicted to her playstyle, DP's gonna be my main and sticking with it.

Still, interms of personal enjoyment, she might be my favorite DLC character. Bayonetta is cool and all but I just dont feel it with her. Cloud might work given I like Ike, but we'll see. I'm slowly leaning towards trying out Corrin when she gets here.

DekuFlame

Smash Rookie
NNID
TheGreySpider
I'm thinking probably yes. lol I've been trying to find a character that really clicks for me. So far ZSS is the closest but not quite there. When I saw the trailer I was like "Who in the world is this??", but the gameplay and moveset is what's got me really intrigued. Fingers crossed for February! :)

Scurry059

Smash Cadet
i love how Corrin looks already. by the time he comes out, i'll definitely spend my money on the character

Aanuj4444

Smash Rookie
hmmm, i give him a few tries since my marcina isnt looking too well.... But at least he looks pretty unique and cool

[] SUND4NCE []

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
2320-6661-2927
I can only hope that Corrin is top tier material like Cloud.
God knows my time as Roy is near its end. He's good, but he's not as good as Cloud...

(The Ex-SOLDIER is just too fast for Roy, and the hit box on Cloud is ridiculously huge.)

Last edited:

Newtonjar

Smash Cadet
When I saw the female version I knew I had to at least try corrin out. Plus corrin looks like he/she has a lot of potential so I really want to pick corrin up.

Painting

Smash Rookie
Absolutely. Would love to duo main Corrin with Robin. Was already looking forward to playing Fates in february and now it got even better.

I do play some Marth and Roy from time to time, but just really liked Robin for being the most unique FE rep. Corrin seems to be very unique as well.

Last edited:

Kyzael

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Raiyn
3DS FC
0104-3086-6937
I haven't really kept up with Fire Emblem: Fates. I didn't even know the main character's name was Corrin, much less a dragon thing.

But I really love dragons, so Corrin will be my secondary easily. I mean, my logic behind is that..."Its a f**king dragon. Hellz yeah!"

alguidrag

Smash Ace
Hey, do you think that he will go well against Pikachu? He is a dragon, and dragon have resistence against eletric types

ProjectAngel

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-3179-5530-9222
Marth's been neutered.

I have no attachment to Lucina.

Roy's good, but not good enough for me.

Ike was just a practice regimen for Cloud.

Robin wasn't doing it for me as a main.

Corrin, you better the one FE character I end up enjoying.

PIXLEsauce

Smash Cadet
NNID
Cheatingtaco
3DS FC
2320-6152-1291
I've mained every FE character bar Robin so yeah. Plus she's got a chainsaw sword, paralyzer thing, and can turn into a dragon.

Mooro...

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
0989-2879-3341
Definitely, I've been waiting for a character like Corrin to appear in the game and I'm glad she's going to be in. Even if she's not top tier material, she still looks like a lot of fun to play with.

telex

Corrin and Robin <3
NNID
tellex1
totally going to alongside robin. i might drop rosalina but we'll see, i try not to have really strict mains and secondaries.

Zoyah

Smash Cadet
Of course. I've been struggling to find a character I click with (though I have been playing a bit of Ryu recently as a kind of placeholder), but as soon as I saw the trailer start I liked the idea of the character.

This character definitely looks decent at the very least. Marth is my Melee main so hopefully this will be a good transition!

A-money2121

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, definitely

Aside from all the salt Corrin's been getting from half of the smash community, I for one am up for giving Corrin a proper welcome to Smash Bros. Sakurai can add any character he wants; he's the game director. I hate hearing people say, "nobody wanted this," as if the fanbase has the authority to govern the game of what's implemented or not. We should be lucky that Nintendo even considered making a ballot in the first place.

Last edited:

Justinian

Smash Apprentice
NNID
GenoAzelf
I won't make any sweeping commitments two months before he comes out, but he certainly looks fun to play, is aesthetically pleasing and comes from one of my favorite series, so when he's released, I'll definitely be giving him a try, and might main/secondary him if I like the playstyle enough.

Seanp12

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, defiantly.

Aside from all the salt Corrin's been getting from half of the smash community, I for one am up for giving Corrin a proper welcome to Smash Bros. Sakurai can add any character he wants; he's the game director. I hate hearing people say, "nobody wanted this," as if the fanbase has the authority to govern the game of what's implemented or not. We should be lucky that Nintendo even considered making a ballot in the first place.
Well, it looks like a lot of people wanted it. It's just that we presumed we couldn't have it, so we didn't ask.

DarkAuraful

Torpid Dragon
At first, thinking about the addition of Corrin in Smash 4 made sense in order to promote Fire Emblem Fates, but I still thought it didn't make sense to have literally six Fire Emblem representatives compared to every other series. (then again, I'm one to talk, seeing how all I play in Smash are Lucina, Roy, and occasionally Robin aside from Link).

But I don't let those thoughts get to me and try my best to be open about these new characters, especially considering each they have their own unique move sets.

That being said, I am definitely looking forward to testing out Corrin. If I like the move set, he/she will be my pocket character and if it impresses me even more, well, let's just say this character might dethrone Lucina as my main (though she'll only go down to my secondary).

But yeah, definitely looking forward to playing this character later on.

Last edited:

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530
I won't main Corrin, but likely will be a secondary as he/she is my most anticipated DLC.

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
Adding Corrin to my duo (now trio) of dragons Charizard and Meta Knight. I probably won't main Corrin because Zard is my favorite Nintendo character and my main, but I will definitely have Corrin and Meta Knight as my secondaries, ousting Pikachu, because as much as I love the electrical rat, I'm just RUBBISH with Pika. That lance attack from Corrin looks mighty interesting. I've been fishing around for a good third character and Corrin looks to be it.

((Yes I realize Meta Knight is technically bat winged but it still works))

TheLegendaryFoxFire

Smash Journeyman
I've been waiting to see who to Co-Main with my Little Mac as I wanted DLC to end and I think I am finally going to decide on Corrin!
Meanwhile my best friend is going to main Bayonetta alongside Rosalina.

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
This character resonates w/ me on a near spiritual level, I will put my all into playing her if she's fun!

Amadeus9

Smash Ace
NNID
Amadeuswololo
I have no secondaries so I'll give her a shot. Even if she's bad I'll probably use her (doesn't look like that should be the case though)

Top Bottom