• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

So who here will be try to main Corrin when he comes out?

Spark31

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Spark311
3DS FC
4940-5914-5196
I highly doubt I would drop Sheik for Corrin, but I can easily secondary him when he comes out.

Spark31

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Spark311
3DS FC
4940-5914-5196
Also, just realized, isn't this thread kinda pointless? If people are in the Corrin-boards they're clearly maining the charavter

Izayoi

zzz
NNID
iza-tomato
Also, just realized, isn't this thread kinda pointless? If people are in the Corrin-boards they're clearly maining the charavter
Eh, nah. Pretty sure there are people that will actually try Corrin out and decide it's not their cup of tea and go back to their mains.

Spark31

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Spark311
3DS FC
4940-5914-5196
Eh, nah. Pretty sure there are people that will actually try Corrin out and decide it's not their cup of tea and go back to their mains.
After reading through the entire move-speculation thread, I'm personally extremely hype for the character. A f-smash charging animation, a parylizer, combo down tilt, possibly a kill throw, auto-spacing bair, and good recovery. I'm personally very happy with where this character might go.

Izayoi

zzz
NNID
iza-tomato
After reading through the entire move-speculation thread, I'm personally extremely hype for the character. A f-smash charging animation, a parylizer, combo down tilt, possibly a kill throw, auto-spacing bair, and good recovery. I'm personally very happy with where this character might go.
Oh, yes, don't get me wrong. Corrin might not be unique on the level of Bayonetta but they are unique on their own right.

However I do believe that Corrin might have a lot of end-lag for most of their moves. Obviously not enough end-lag to make them lower than say, Lucina's poor frame data, but enough to make them somewhere around mid-tier. Unless of course they have lots of SHFF cancellable frames then lolwelp.

Spark31

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Spark311
3DS FC
4940-5914-5196
Oh, yes, don't get me wrong. Corrin might not be unique on the level of Bayonetta but they are unique on their own right.

However I do believe that Corrin might have a lot of end-lag for most of their moves. Obviously not enough end-lag to make them lower than say, Lucina's poor frame data, but enough to make them somewhere around mid-tier. Unless of course they have lots of SHFF cancellable frames then lolwelp.
I feel like Corrin will have a decent amount of auto-cancel aerials, and his tilits don't look too laggy.

Izayoi

zzz
NNID
iza-tomato
I feel like Corrin will have a decent amount of auto-cancel aerials, and his tilits don't look too laggy.
F-tilt and U-tilt will probably be a little laggy since they seem to be follow-up/spacing tools. D-tilt is probably for early percent combos and at later percents a DI/mindgame initiator. I can definitely see Jab 1 being fast though.

Anyway, if we're intending on talking about moveset theorycrafting then we should probably move to that thread or the Corrin social so we're not getting too off-topic.

Spark31

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Spark311
3DS FC
4940-5914-5196
F-tilt and U-tilt will probably be a little laggy since they seem to be follow-up/spacing tools. D-tilt is probably for early percent combos and at later percents a DI/mindgame initiator. I can definitely see Jab 1 being fast though.

Anyway, if we're intending on talking about moveset theorycrafting then we should probably move to that thread or the Corrin social so we're not getting too off-topic.
There's a specific thread for moveset theory crafting. If we move the conversation over it should probobly be there.

Playat

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Playat
3DS FC
0473-7807-1815
I will try to, at least, secondary Kamui since I like the character and all.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Put me in as a Corrin secondary. Bayonetta will be my number one priority, but I can't ignore how cool Corrin looks. Plus, despite it being an unpopular opinion (as far as the majority of the fanbase is concerned), I'm always very excited to see new Fire Emblem characters announced, so I was very happy to see Corrin. So, basically, I'm hyped for Corrin, and I'm going to dedicate a good amount of time to them.

Kadc

Smash Rookie
NNID
Kadc_network
can't wait for her overall just hoping she got's dem grab combos

TurboLink

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4725-8278-5467
No, I'm honestly sick of all the Fire Emblem bull**** even though I didn't really care for the Ballot in the first place. I'm not letting Corrin's inclusion slide.

Besides, I have Ryu. No need to waste my money on a character who obviously won't be as good as Ryu.

Last edited:

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
No, I'm honestly sick of all the Fire Emblem bull**** even though I didn't really care for the Ballot in the first place. I'm not letting Corrin's inclusion slide.

Besides, I have Ryu. No need to waste my money on a character who obviously won't be as good as Ryu.
Thanks for the input, sunshine~

Last edited:

UniversalDrift

Smash Rookie
NNID
UniversalDrift
3DS FC
5258-0348-6834
I can't wait to main Corrin. I know that I'm not good at this game, but corrin's ranged attacks and his flow are completely different from the other characters. I' wasn't into fire emblem until recently a friend let me play awakening and he showed me the Japanese version on Fates(If in Japanese) Which was really fun...but I didn't always understand what was happening. To me Kamui is a really cool character to look at and the many alts available is gonna be cool.Also I looked turning into a dragon in the game. So much damage.

Last edited:

Bobert

"...And His Music Was Electric"
NNID
MetallicBlur
Switch FC
SW-1415-6753-4608
If he's better than Cloud or at least close then I might main him. His moveset looks very appealing to me. If he's at least fun, I might make him a secondary. But if Ganondorf finally gets really good buffs that put him on the map, I'll finally have no choice but to main my lord and savior and celebrate the second coming......which probably isn't going to happen unfortunately.

Last edited:

Murlough

Euphoria
NNID
Murl0ugh
3DS FC
4828-8253-7746
I might if she turns out to be decent. I need a character to secondary.

Her moveset so far looks fun though.

Last edited:

Mence

Smash Rookie
I will probably main him, since he looks like he'll be sorta similar to Melee Marth. ( Good range, decent combo-game. good movement and bad kill power. Just longer cool-downs, no magnet hands and not as much ground-control. And possibly worse anti-air game. )

More... than Smash 4 Marth at least.. with his stupid dagger.

But, hey, I could be wrong. If so.. I'll probably secondary him instead. And continue on.. sticking with Shulk.

Last edited:
Top Bottom