• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

So who here will be try to main Corrin when he comes out?

ShinRPGamer

Smash Rookie
I know I will. I'm excited for Fates and Corrin looks awesome.

Also minor thing. Please avoid spoilers for Fates.

Dededork 649

Smash Rookie
Doubles main maybe. I'd rather pick up Bayonetta. His side B looks godly in Doubles. (0_0)

oddzxc

Smash Cadet
me, but people right now are but hurt....because their waifu didn't get in

Smashifer

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CRYN1ME
3DS FC
5129-3686-1647
I know I am, but the wait until February is gonna take foreeeveeerr.

Zoramine Fae

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2895-8088-7214
Im honest, I'll be using him/her not only for the fact that it is yet another Fire Emblem character, but they happen to NOT be a true clone or even a semiclone of Marth.

Sure, Roy is a really nice addition to the cast and I'm glad to seem him back after all this time of him being missing, but the fact he still had some moves from Marth (Minus Double-Edged Dance, I really love that move) was a bit of a dissapointment. Thankfully, he turned out better than Marth did, so there's that for an advantage. But Corrin seems to take only a few things from Marth, and then again that would be expected since lots of characters take things from others. But I feel like Corrin actually had a significant amount of thought process put in and must have taken ages to put into the game - Just when did they start working on Corrin? Was it around the time Fates was announced, if my time isn't wrong? Or did they have time before the game was released to decide on their moveset?

Either way, I'm sure as hell going to get all of them - Cloud in two days, and Bayonetta and Corrin in February. My own birthday happens to be then, and I'll gladly be looking forwards to that.

ArcanaXIII

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ArcanaXIII
I'm pretty interested, but probably as a secondary. Put way too much work into Dark Pit.

Prepare_Yourself

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3067-6422-0231
She looks like she's going to play similarly to lucina or meta knight, but I'm going to wait for the boards' verdict.

Nah

Smash Champion
It is extremely tempting to drop Rosalina as my second main and dual main :4robinf:+ fCorrin

But we have to wait until Feburary for Corrin to even be available....

FairyLip

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SmoothJazz
I'm liking how Bayo looks, but I do want to play as Corrin. She looks so cute. :3

Might end up playing Cloud or just sticking to Roy and Paku.

It is extremely tempting to drop Rosalina as my second main and dual main :4robinf:+ fCorrin

But we have to wait until Feburary for Corrin to even be available....
Forrin and Fobin would be an amazing dual-main setup. You should do Lucy and Fobin for awhile.

DoleNath

Smash Rookie
If Corrin plays how I think they are going to play, I certainly will pick her up as a secondary. Also hoping to hell that cancelling the pin of side b just has normal landing lag for easy jab locks if they don't tech

Funkermonster

The Clown
NNID
Funkermonster
3DS FC
3308-4834-0412
Not exactly as a main, but definitely a competitive pocket. Bayonetta and Cloud don't interest me as much as I have never played any one of their games before (I do plan to play Cloud just for fun though), I've only played Fire Emblem Awakening and only recently started Sacred Swords but the game has really grown on me and I do so look forward to both Birthright and Conquest when they come out. Damn does Corrin look sooooo much fun, I simply have to play him. As a player of :4megaman: and :4greninja:, I've been struggling to find my 3rd and last character to play and I've had the unfortunate habit of playing multiple characters and spreading myself thin. I decided to wait a little for the DLCs to be announced and Corrin looks like my type of character so I can quit looking for more.

Now I just have to try and avoid playing anybody but MM and Gren until February is here. Its gonna be a long wait tho...

Nah

Smash Champion
Forrin and Fobin would be an amazing dual-main setup. You should do Lucy and Fobin for awhile.
I used to main Lucina actually. But for a while I haven;treally been feelin it with her and so I picked up Rosa. I still play Lucy, just not as a dedicated main anymore is all

ILOVESMASH

Smash Ace
NNID
Marioman123450
3DS FC
3368-1022-7382
He'll probably be my new main if he doesn't have atrocious landing lag on his moveset. I'm a huge fan of FE, but my biggest issue with the other FE characters is that their endlag / landing lag is atrocious. Hopefully corrin doesn't suffer from this issue.

sadweather

Smash Apprentice
I definitely will try. I really don't like how most of the characters feel in this game, but corrin looks hella fun.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Depends on how well he/she plays compared to Robin. But then again, I'm gonna play as him/her anyways.

M@v

Subarashii!
Definitely at least going to try them, as I was getting Fates regardless. Whether they become my main/ a secondary/ I stop playing them will depend on how much I like the character's playstyle. I haven't played their game since its not out yet to see if I actually like them in their story.

Cr0n

Smash Apprentice
NNID
liquidbassist
3DS FC
4184-4537-7536
I might. I main Roy right now, and he is my boy, so it will just depend on how Corrin feels.

ArcGale

Smash Cadet
NNID
Enderores
I will literally main this character and drop Pac-Man no matter how broken or how bad Corrin is. :grin: His/Her/Their play style and concept are so intriguing. After all, I did vote for this character so might as well main them!

Last edited:

Benstartri

How do you work this thing?
NNID
Benstartri
3DS FC
2079-7560-2416
Switch FC
SW-4205-4368-3902
I definitely want to try out this character before i decide. So far he/she has been my favorite fighting-wise, especially with pinning down opponents

Diamond DHD

Smash Journeyman
I think Fates looks like a bad game, and the trailer itself shows this with the big brother crap. Corrin looks fun though, I like the transformation thing, I don't quite understand the lack of shoes, but they look fun and I want to pick them up. I respect Corrin for being a choice that people didn't want, because it's better than Wolf or Shovel Knight or any of that kind of stuff.

MagiusNecros

Smash Master
Out of the 3 he is the only one I said I want to play right now. Got the DnD Warshaper feels from his transformations.

ClinkStryphart

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ClinkStryphart
3DS FC
1891-1406-8889
I'm interested in trying Corin out seems like will be more to what I like. For one I love fantasy stuff like Dragons/wizards etc. Also my favorite type of weapon is the lance/javelin type which seems to part of his moveset considering how Corrin's arm transforms. I can't wait but have to till February.

LordShade67

Smash Ace
NNID
LordShade67
3DS FC
2148-8642-9915
Labbing on Day 1. Whether maining him/her depends on if I enjoy the character.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Depends on whether or not I like how he plays, but by virtue of the character alone, I absolutely want to.

Pega-pony Princess

Smash Lord
NNID
auraoftwilight
3DS FC
2938-6383-8579
I'll test Corrin out. Hopefully I'll be able to get the hang of and eventually main him when the time comes. I love how Sakurai incorparated Corrin's bloodline into smash. Those dragon attacks look amazing. The sword isn't bad either.

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
I can't say for sure, as I always like to feel how a character plays before I commit to them, BUT, what I've seen of Corrin makes me REALLY interested.

I might just end up maining him.

PK Gaming

Smash Lord
I definitely plan on maining for her for sure

Dragon Girl, come to me~

Last edited:

MintChipper

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TonyEH
3DS FC
2793-1055-4457
He/she looks very fun, I just wanna know whether side b is techable or nah, and if he has Shulk frame data, guess we'll have to wait 2 MONTHS.

KokiriKory

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
kokirikory
3DS FC
2148-8224-6270
I'm compelled to give him some time..........because his name sounds like mine

It's human nature okay??

Drippy

Smash Ace
I've already learned from my Mewtwo / Lucas mistake back in the day and been saying it for Cloud too. Not going to main a character until they come out. Right now even Cloud doesn't look that promising to me despite him being apart of my favorite franchises and overall among my favorite protagonists of video games but I'm still going to play with him a lot and test him out since it's Day 1 impressions. On the other hand Corrin's trailer got me absolutely hooked, I was actually sad at first expecting another Marth / Roy but then his moveset with the dragon astonished me. Not only that he has ZSS's Neutral B that looks way cooler and can bite, a completely unique Side B, an incredible Down B, and his Up B looks awesome as well. Overall his transformations being implemented into his moveset is so smooth and I really want to main this character but again won't promise anything. :p

C0rvus

Pro Hands Catcher
I'm willing to give any character a shot. Corrin looks fun. I want to be competent with every character anyway. Who knows, maybe Corrin will be my soulmate?

Top Bottom