• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

So who are the top 3 IC players?

Chaco

Never Logs In
People that don't use Ice Climbers find 0% death grabs entertaining to watch from what I've been told. And they are a lot harder to pull off when everyone's watching because you get nervous, and there's the pressure of winning, which makes it easy to mess up.
They get really hard to do when your nervous, my hands get really sweaty when I'm nervous and I mess up the controls. But I've got a tourney this weekend, so I'm going to 0 Death if possible. It's not a major tournament so I should win easily.

KRDsonic

Smash Master
It's official, Hylian's Ice Climbers are godly xD. I played some friendlies matches against him before the HOBO 5 tournament started and he beat me in every match but 1 (we had about 5 or 6). The footstool to Ice Block combo that makes you stand up was scary too o.o

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
LOL I really wanna see ICs wrecking tournaments, come on Hylian, smack them snakes out of there.
Well, I just got back from a tournament.

Pretty interesting.

Basically, I was in winners until semi-finals and Roy_R knocked me into losers. I made some bad decisions when it came to stages and such, and Roy_R is really good so no johns :). After beating someone I was up against Sethlon.

Now earlier in the tournament I 2-0'ed Sethlon and knocked him into the losers bracket. And because of the rules of the tournament, he would of had to beat me in two sets to move on. Since that probably wasn't going to happen, and Sethlon is my teammate, I had an idea. I am pretty much the only person in texas that can beat Sethlon, and I am 5-1 against him in tournament sets right now. Roy_R got knocked into losers by Stiltz, who plays Metaknight. Since Roy_R wasn't going to beat stiltz, and I was probably going to beat Sethlon we decided to just forfeit our matches to sethlon and let him go to the grand finals.

Sethlon 6-0'ed him in the grand finals :). We then split around a $800 pot.

Characters were:

Sethlon(Falco)
Stiltzkin(Metaknight/Olimar)
Roy_R(Marth)
Hylian(IC's/GW)

No snakes :). Sethlon, Roy and I all split 1st and 3rd >_>.

Cat Fight

Smash Lord
NNID
NoGoodEndings
Nintendude beat me in a MM at Esticle the other day (very close match though), and since then... I am officially scared of ICs.

Still, I'd love to play you Hylian.

Miller

Smash Lord
Im not trying to sound pompous, arrogant, or anything of the likes, but I believe I am one of the better IC's on these boards.

Switch FC
SW 1721 4573 3132
I take my post back from Hylian. I say Void now. His videos taught me to be a good player offline. I'd like to show some of you guys. ^^

kackamee

Smash Master
NNID
SlushCream
3DS FC
3480-3017-1332
I wish I had the equipment to record videos, but sadly I don't. I know I'm good. Probably atleast 4th or 5th best (not to brag or anything) Only thing I don't do is alt grab. I CAN do it, but usually only like 6 times.

kackamee

Smash Master
NNID
SlushCream
3DS FC
3480-3017-1332
Same here. His Ice Climbers are better offline than online too, I could barely dodge his grabs offline, and even without chain grabs his Ice Climbers are beastly.
Sorry for DP, but usually IC players tend to be better offline then online

Fogo

Smash Shinigami
i beat melee1's IC's today, with Dedede on FD.

let it be known.

lol but yeah i still think hylian is the best, the VV, then possibly melee1?

void's luigi is **** though.

Nintendude

Smash Hero
What are some reputable tournaments that these other ICs players (besides Hylian) have placed well at? What known players also attended these tournaments?

Miller

Smash Lord
Well Im not sure if you guys know of the GTA's success in Melee, but that's the area I'm from. Recently there was a Tournament with Niagara and GTA, I placed 5th at it.

Just so you know, the GTA is the greater toronto area, in Ontario Canada

Sliq came down to the tournament aswell. He placed 7th

Top Bottom