• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

So... When will we get the demo?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gamecube Kid

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SuperSonicX2014
3DS FC
3325-3644-1635
I don't know the reasoning against Project M being illegal, and I don't know how this relates to having a demo.
It relates to what sboles said.
Nintendo has never made a statement about project m.
They didn't but on miiverse they delete posts about that for criminal activity. They say it's illegal because you need a hacked wii. But people mod gamecubes to be portable and that's legal. They just can't handle the fact that it's better than brawl.

From what I know, this is true. And I haven't found a article discussing about it being illegal.
It was on miiverse but never really stated it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Nicky_Poo

Smash Cadet
NNID
NickyP00
One could also argue that the demo might turn people away from the final version. Especially the 3DS version because some aren't accustomed to the controls and the way it feels. I know I wasn't when I tried it out at smashfest.

And there are people who aren't going to enjoy this game, so I'm sure Nintendo would rather you buy the game, hate it, and be stuck with it than try the demo, hate it, and not get the game.

Gamecube Kid

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SuperSonicX2014
3DS FC
3325-3644-1635
One could also argue that the demo might turn people away from the final version. Especially the 3DS version because some aren't accustomed to the controls and the way it feels. I know I wasn't when I tried it out at smashfest.

And there are people who aren't going to enjoy this game, so I'm sure Nintendo would rather you buy the game, hate it, and be stuck with it than try the demo, hate it, and not get the game.
There's always a re-fund. Plus either way they can just tell others not to buy it.

Last edited:

NekuShikazu

Smash Journeyman
If there ever is a demo though, I'm downloading it on 3 3DSs which is awesome :3

But then again, Smash Bros is popular and I think with all the information that Sakurai has given us and has yet to give us is enough.

TerminalMontage

Smash Ace
NNID
TerminalMontage
I've seen a lot of good points for why a demo probably won't be made for us. And then I hear the kid saying they should do it because he wants it.

It would be a waste of money for Nintendo to make us a demo, I think most people can see one of Nintendo's biggest titles doesn't need a demo to boost sales.

And about checking the game for issues.. It's so close to release, they wouldn't make any huge changes if people whined about the demo. If something is unbalanced at release, and it's gamebreaking it'll probably be patched. It seems like they've been doing a lot of testing, at E3, BestBuy and with a few tournaments.

Last edited:

NekuShikazu

Smash Journeyman
I've seen a lot of good points for why a demo probably won't be made for us. And then I hear the kid saying they should do it because he wants it.

It would be a waste of money for Nintendo to make us a demo, I think most people can see one of Nintendo's biggest titles doesn't need a demo to boost sales.
Agree on this. Also, to add on to your statement it would sacrifice time for Sakurai and his team at Namco to make it. Also, from what I've heard, the 3DS version is finished.

Gamecube Kid

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SuperSonicX2014
3DS FC
3325-3644-1635
But still after what happened to brawl I want see how this game is before I buy it.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Please do not double post. Instead, please use the "edit" option at the bottom of each post one has made if you wish to expand upon what you want to say.

yahooda

Smash Ace
NNID
yahooda
3DS FC
0302-0469-6394
I highly doubt there will be a demo, but if there ever was one it might not be until after the Wii U version is released to try to get Wii U players to buy the 3DS version and vice-versa.

Gamecube Kid

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SuperSonicX2014
3DS FC
3325-3644-1635

And about checking the game for issues.. It's so close to release, they wouldn't make any huge changes if people whined about the demo. If something is unbalanced at release, and it's gamebreaking it'll probably be patched. It seems like they've been doing a lot of testing, at E3, BestBuy and with a few tournaments.
If they didn't want to waste money they would have never put the demos for wii u version at smash-fest.

Crome

#ROBSquad
NNID
sboles66
3DS FC
1289-8218-1492
Switch FC
SW 7896 6401 6209
If they didn't want to waste money they would have never put the demos for wii u version at smash-fest.
Best buy probably paid them for to showcase the demo, if they didn't they would've shown it at gamestop too.

Gamecube Kid

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SuperSonicX2014
3DS FC
3325-3644-1635
Warning Received
Agree on this. Also, to add on to your statement it would sacrifice time for Sakurai and his team at Namco to make it. Also, from what I've heard, the 3DS version is finished.
Really!!! So why not release now. And buy waiting for so long they could be still finding bugs. Since it's finished it would make more sense to release it so they can make more mulah.

Best buy probably paid them for to showcase the demo, if they didn't they would've shown it at gamestop too.
Still what about the demos huuuh? Still it was a waste when they could just put the 3ds version demo on eshop for atleast to play 5 times like the same with project x zone.

Last edited by a moderator:

Crome

#ROBSquad
NNID
sboles66
3DS FC
1289-8218-1492
Switch FC
SW 7896 6401 6209
Really!!! So why not release now. And buy waiting for so long they could be still finding bugs. Since it's finished it would make more sense to release it so they can make more mulah.
It's not done yet. They still have a few newcomers to reveal, and balancing and regular tweaks.
Still what about the demos huuuh? Still it was a waste when they could just put the 3ds version demo on eshop for atleast to play 5 times like the same with project x zone.
They're not releasing it because they want to build up hype and have people buy it to play it.
Also dude don't double post. A mod literally just said that.

Last edited:

NekuShikazu

Smash Journeyman
I would rather have a game I could play than a game that bugs out.

Gamecube Kid

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SuperSonicX2014
3DS FC
3325-3644-1635
It's not done yet. They still have a few newcomers to reveal, and balancing and regular tweaks.

They're not releasing it because they want to build up hype and have people buy it to play it.
Also dude don't double post. A mod literally just said that.
What's the point in the double post rule anyways?

RPGatWill

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1118-0962-1816
To prevent people from spamming messages and to show respect to your fellow board goers. You can add any amount of replies to peoples posts in on post, so there is no reason for you to double post except to try and up your post count. And that's just rude to everyone around you.

jacobjeb

Smash Rookie
NNID
jacobjeb
I honestly wouldn't want a demo. Of course if they released a demo i would get it, but i would rather wait for the full game so i can marvel at everything at once. i feel like a demo would lower my excitement and anticipation. but if they do release one it should only have like 4 playable characters and the only mode being a 2 min ko fest

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
It's there to keep people from spamming threads with posts. Please use the "edit" option at the end of each post if you wish to expand upon what you want to say immediately. If you have any other questions feel free to ask within a Private Message, as continuing this discussion within this thread counts as off topic spam.

Narth

Plox
NNID
nathanrinkster
3DS FC
1736-2381-3285
I doubt we'll get a demo. I don't believe it would kill hype, but I think if there was a demo, not as many people would buy the game Day 1 as if they didn't release one. If they did release a demo, they might do a timed thing, not a use system. It could run until October 3rd (except in Japan) and then if you wanted to keep playing, you'd have to buy the full version. I don't know if this is possible, but it's a sound idea.

Totally possible though. I'm just doubtful.

TerminalMontage

Smash Ace
NNID
TerminalMontage
That's super ignorant, you think that was a waste of money?

That was for, at the very least; building hype, advertising and testing the game - they even noted most players feedback. They don't want to waste money, that is why they will not make a demo (downloadable demo available to the public, for clarification), I'm surprised you're still going on about this. Are you trying to convince us, or yourself that there should or will be a demo?

Last edited:

Gamecube Kid

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SuperSonicX2014
3DS FC
3325-3644-1635
To prevent people from spamming messages and to show respect to your fellow board goers. You can add any amount of replies to peoples posts in on post, so there is no reason for you to double post except to try and up your post count. And that's just rude to everyone around you.
Rude? For putting two seperate posts? After I made that mistake I tried to delete it but My computer kept figiting out and pop-ups kept preventing me of doing so.
That's super ignorant, you think that was a waste of money?

That was for, at the very least; building hype, advertising and testing the game - they even noted most players feedback. They don't want to waste money, that is why they will not make a demo (downloadable demo available to the public, for clarification), I'm surprised you're still going on about this. Are you trying to convince us, or yourself that there should or will be a demo?
I'm ignorant? Limited demos would have also build hype and could be for testing.

Last edited:

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
After seeing brawl they better give us a demo. There were alot of problems with brawl. Slow frame rate and tripping for example.
What you listed are subjective or unavoidable problems. When they release betas for testing, it's to test server strength, latency and find gamebreaking bugs that slipped through QA. A beta isn't an invitation to say, "Hey, what do you not like?" They typically release it after the game is mostly finished and just needs to be ironed out and polished, so subjective input is unneeded.

Fire emblem is well known but they had a demo before release.
Fire Emblem actually isn't all that well known, as sales have suggested. FE:A is the first Fire Emblem game to even break a million sales in the U.S. Ever. The fact that it finally did well actually saved the series from being cancelled. Hence, demo.

Smash Bros. doesn't have that problem. They will not see a significant increase in sales if people get a demo.

TerminalMontage

Smash Ace
NNID
TerminalMontage
I'm ignorant? Limited demos would have also build hype and could be for testing.
Bare in mind, when I say that's ignorant, I'm not calling you stupid. You were saying the Smash-Fest was a waste of money, so it sounds like you don't know a whole lot about advertising or game development.

You're right though, they could be for testing. However the game comes out soon, they've already done extensive testing, and the game is finished, or really really close to it. Then the Smash website updates are doing a good job keeping hype at a constant. We would all love a demo, but it (probably) isn't happening.

Last edited:

Jade_Rock55

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4656-7001-2336
Mario only battlefield is probably the best were getting if anything so newcomers aren't ruined.

Narth

Plox
NNID
nathanrinkster
3DS FC
1736-2381-3285
Mario only battlefield is probably the best were getting if anything so newcomers aren't ruined.
They might have Mega Man to build hype, doubt any others however. A few vets, like Mario, Link, Kirby and maybe Pit or something, maybe even Marth and Captain Falcon.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
@ Gamecube Kid Gamecube Kid : I'm not going to keep replying to this thread, so I just wanted to leave one bit of advice. And I genuinely hope you don't take it the wrong way.

You have no idea how game development, quality assurance or marketing in this industry works. I'm not telling you that you have no right to your opinion, but sometimes it's better to listen and learn than to just keep making absolute statements about something of which you're kind of ignorant.

I hope we get a mass-released demo, but it's very, very unlikely that we will, given the circumstances and industry trends. I was, and I think a lot of the people to whom you're replying were, simply trying to explain that to you. That's all.

Gamecube Kid

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SuperSonicX2014
3DS FC
3325-3644-1635
They might have Mega Man to build hype, doubt any others however. A few vets, like Mario, Link, Kirby and maybe Pit or something, maybe even Marth and Captain Falcon.
Let's not forget sonic.
@ Gamecube Kid Gamecube Kid : I'm not going to keep replying to this thread, so I just wanted to leave one bit of advice. And I genuinely hope you don't take it the wrong way.

You have no idea how game development, quality assurance or marketing in this industry works. I'm not telling you that you have no right to your opinion, but sometimes it's better to listen and learn than to just keep making absolute statements about something of which you're kind of ignorant.

I hope we get a mass-released demo, but it's very, very unlikely that we will, given the circumstances and industry trends. I was, and I think a lot of the people to whom you're replying were, simply trying to explain that to you. That's all.
And all I'm trying to say is that if nintendo want to do testing for the game like smash-fest. Then wouldn't it make sense to make it so that EVERYONE can see what it's like. Smash fest could have been downloadable event for the 3ds up until June 14th Kind of like online matches and stuff. Also I am listening to what people are saying. Plus I know how game developing works and I'm not ignorant.

Last edited:

Super FOG

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FOG2006
3DS FC
4253-3752-2801
Tch... are people seriously expecting a demo?

I'm pretty sure that it will never happen, and if happen, it will be limited as ****: usage limitation, 6 to 8 avaliable characters, only Smash and Smash Run, no online feature...

Narth

Plox
NNID
nathanrinkster
3DS FC
1736-2381-3285
Tch... are people seriously expecting a demo?

I'm pretty sure that it will never happen, and if happen, it will be limited as ****: usage limitation, 6 to 8 avaliable characters, only Smash and Smash Run, no online feature...
Yeah no it's incredibly unlikely, and really, I'm happy if there's no demo; it'll make release day all that more special ^_^

Let's not forget sonic.
Meh.

Last edited:

Morbi

Scavenger

A waste of money? Is there not already a demo available to the public? I am not understanding why the cost would not be negligible as it would help affirm sales in the first place.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
A downloadable demo pretty much won't be happening. A retail store demo is always possible though, especially for the 3DS version.

NekuShikazu

Smash Journeyman

I'm assuming the OP read this, understands what people are telling him and he left Smash Boards. Besides that, got a good statement.

D

Deleted member

The E3 event build was too buggy and unfinished for a proper downloadable demo-build to receive proper positive reception if they used the exact same setup.

Preparing a presentable build for a downloadable demo would need the development team to find a sweetspot between their development/cleanup and the game's actual release to release a fully functioning demo for the public.

Basically, we could risk that they'd have to push the release date even further, which will not be what we customers want to see. It would be the Brawl-release all over again, and we'd probably end up waiting until early in the holidays to actually receive the game.

It would be a loss of good publicity for Nintendo, and an even more tedious wait for us fans.

UnleashShadow

Smash Cadet
NNID
Roberto45
3DS FC
0688-5721-1822
I kinda agree with Gidy. I don't think there's a chance if nintendo would ever release one. I want to play Super Mario 3D Land as a demo, but that never happen.

Will there be one? not? maybe? I don't know. We'll just have to wait until it's announced.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom