• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

So... When will we get the demo?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NekuShikazu

Smash Journeyman
Reggie filzameh isn't japenese. Ever heard of nintendo of america. It's made by them too.
I don't know where NoA takes part. I could only see translators and that's it. Besides that it's being made by Japanense.

Edit: Those demos are from the E3 Build (if I can recall correctly). I don't see the point in giving out demos since most demos that Nintendo gives out allow you to play a certain amount of times. If you bug out during one of those play through that's one less time you get to play.

Last edited:

Gamecube Kid

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SuperSonicX2014
3DS FC
3325-3644-1635
Double Post
No, it definitely isn't. But it will definitely hurt the online for smash 3ds. We will be going up against people that already know almost everything about the game. While we don't know what we are doing in terms of characters and even controls. That's the reason Pokemon X and Y was a worldwide release. It is a competitive game and having Japan automatically being better than everyone else because they had more time with the game. They also didn't want japan to ruin the game for the world because of spoilers. I think they should have done a worldwide release, or at least give us a demo, it would be perfectly possible.
I got a cool way to practice the 3ds controls. If you have classic controller play brawl and set the controls for 3ds for your classic controller without useing the smaller shoulder buttons or c-stick. I've already mastered and gotten used to the controls. But it's not fair since not everyone has a classic controller. I do.

Even if it is a japenese game they'll still lose money if it never came to different countries. Pokemon is a japenese game but x and y came worldwide meaning on the same day.

Last edited by a moderator:

NekuShikazu

Smash Journeyman
Even if it is a japenese game they'll still lose money if it never came to different countries. Pokemon is a japenese game but x and y came worldwide meaning on the same day.
I don't know if you were trying to reply to me (also, just edit your double post instead of making a new post), but I don't see what you're trying to point out. I understand that Nintendo benefits from selling their games in multiple areas of the world, but Pokemon XY being released on the same day has nothing to do with the discussion we are having.

Crome

#ROBSquad
NNID
sboles66
3DS FC
1289-8218-1492
Switch FC
SW 7896 6401 6209
H

How am I troll? :(
You're either a troll or 10. Nintendo of America doesn't make the games, they port them over. Nintendo makes them, then NoA localizes them and advertises them for America. Reggie "filzameh" doesn't even work on the games, he works on advertising them.

Gamecube Kid

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SuperSonicX2014
3DS FC
3325-3644-1635
You're either a troll or 10. Nintendo of America doesn't make the games, they port them over. Nintendo makes them, then NoA localizes them and advertises them for America. Reggie "filzameh" doesn't even work on the games, he works on advertising them.
I'm not either of those. I'm #1. Still they should release it the same way they did with Pokemon x and y. And lifes not fair is completely irrelevant to having a 3ds version demo. They should atleast give us a demo before it releases.

Crome

#ROBSquad
NNID
sboles66
3DS FC
1289-8218-1492
Switch FC
SW 7896 6401 6209
I'm not either of those. I'm #1. Still they should release it the same way they did with Pokemon x and y. And lifes not fair is completely irrelevant to having a 3ds version demo. They should atleast give us a demo before it releases.
Why would they do the latter. Name one other Nintendo game that released a demo to the public before it released.

Last edited:

Gamecube Kid

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SuperSonicX2014
3DS FC
3325-3644-1635
Naruto shippuden. MK8. Pokemon mystery dungeon for 3ds. Sonic lost worlds. And more I think.

Crome

#ROBSquad
NNID
sboles66
3DS FC
1289-8218-1492
Switch FC
SW 7896 6401 6209
I said before release, and I don't mean at a GameStop of some kind. What main stream Nintendo games got a downloadable demo in the eshop before they were actually released?

Gamecube Kid

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SuperSonicX2014
3DS FC
3325-3644-1635
I said before release, and I don't mean at a GameStop of some kind. What main stream Nintendo games got a downloadable demo in the eshop before they were actually released?
Mario Kart 8 demo came before release.

Last edited:

TerminalMontage

Smash Ace
NNID
TerminalMontage
MK8 did not get a demo. Dream Team and Awakening getting a demo was a treat, but for other huge Nintendo titles like MK8, or Pikmin 3, or Wind Waker HD or any other Zelda game, we didn't get a demo. Us getting a Lego Game or MGS demo doesn't raise the chances of getting a Smash demo, those aren't Nintendo games.

If they made a demo with 4 or so characters some people would just be happy with that and not buy the game, although that wouldn't really hurt sales since I think that would be a very small group of people, I digress. They don't need a demo to sell this game.

I'd love a demo, but don't get your hopes up.

Last edited:

Gamecube Kid

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SuperSonicX2014
3DS FC
3325-3644-1635
MK8 did not get a demo. Dream Team and Awakening getting a demo was a treat, but for other huge Nintendo titles like MK8, or Pikmin 3, or Wind Waker HD or any other Zelda game, we didn't get a demo. Us getting a Lego Game or MGS demo doesn't raise the chances of getting a Smash demo, those aren't Nintendo games.

If they made a demo with 4 or so characters some people would just be happy with that and not buy the game, although that wouldn't really hurt sales since I think that would be a very small group of people, I digress. They don't need a demo to sell this game.

I'd love a demo, but don't get your hopes up.
They should atleast add a demo in stores so people can get an experience of what it's like. Plus this is 3ds we're talking about not wii u.

No it didn't? Are you just making things up now? There wasn't one before it came out and there isn't one now.
Awakening did and that's mainstream isn't it. And I also mean by in stores too so I'm not making it up.

Crome

#ROBSquad
NNID
sboles66
3DS FC
1289-8218-1492
Switch FC
SW 7896 6401 6209
Awakening did and that's mainstream isn't it. And I also mean by in stores too so I'm not making it up.
I don't mean at a GameStop of some kind.
Okay, so you got one awakening got a demo after it's Japanese release, but before it American release. I said main stream. Like the big 3. Mario, Metroid, Zelda. Not even Mario party: island tour ( one of the worst Mario party games) has a demo on the e shop.

TerminalMontage

Smash Ace
NNID
TerminalMontage
They should atleast add a demo in stores so people can get an experience of what it's like. Plus this is 3ds we're talking about not wii u.
Should? No, they could, but it won't happen my friend, I'm sorry. I wish I were wrong.

I feel like the Smash site's Pics of the Day help relieve our desire for Smash, that probably compensates for the lack of a demo a little bit.

Store demos are different than downloadable demos. But if we did get a store demo, that would probably be for the Wii U one, if at all. Smash is a party game, they wouldn't put one 3DS with Smash for display, and I can't see them going through the trouble of setting up 4 3DSs on display so people can demo it together.

Last edited:

Gamecube Kid

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SuperSonicX2014
3DS FC
3325-3644-1635
Mainstream meaning mario huh. Mario golf.

Okay, so you got one awakening got a demo after it's Japanese release, but before it American release. I said main stream. Like the big 3. Mario, Metroid, Zelda. Not even Mario party: island tour ( one of the worst Mario party games) has a demo on the e shop.
I guess mario golf for 3DS counts.

Gamecube Kid

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SuperSonicX2014
3DS FC
3325-3644-1635
The only 2 Mario games to receive a demo before release were Mario golf and Dream team, some spin off games,
Still counts as mainstream. Plus they made a very first official tournement before release so why not a demo.

Crome

#ROBSquad
NNID
sboles66
3DS FC
1289-8218-1492
Switch FC
SW 7896 6401 6209
Still counts as mainstream. Plus they made a very first official tournement before release so why not a demo.
What does a tournament have to do with a demo. The build they've used for the tournament is not yet ready for release, sakurai said that about 5 times. It was glitchy and unfinished. And they don't count as main stream, really.

25%Cotton

Smash Ace
NNID
Samu.S
3DS FC
4785-5442-4678
go to the store after the game comes out. they'll probably have some stations running the full game that you can play at.
there's your "demo."

if you want a chance to play the game BEFORE it comes out, then what you can do is go to the store for the midnight release where i assume there will be a brawl-like release party so you can play the game an hour or two before they make you line up so you can buy it.

to answer you're question,
"why not a demo?":

because they have no reason to put out a demo. they know that everyone knows what smash is and they know that we'll all buy it. with games like fire emblem awakening that are less big in the US, they're giving people who don't know much about it (since fire emblem is not huge here and only came in the first place because of Smash) a chance to try it and jump on board.

Last edited:

RPGatWill

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1118-0962-1816
go to the store after the game comes out. they'll probably have some stations running the full game that you can play at.
there's your "demo."

if you want a chance to play the game BEFORE it comes out, then what you can do is go to the store for the midnight release where i assume there will be a brawl-like release party so you can play the game an hour or two before they make you line up so you can buy it.

to answer you're question,
"why not a demo?":

because they have no reason to put out a demo. they know that everyone knows what smash is and they know that we'll all buy it. with games like fire emblem awakening that are less big in the US, they're giving people who don't know much about it (since fire emblem is not huge here and only came in the first place because of Smash) a chance to try it and jump on board.
This is the sound argument here. Smash is their biggest seller. They don't need or even want to spend money on a demo when they already know the game can sell well.

With Fire Emblem Awakening (Even though I love the series) the situation was one where the series was literally ABOUT TO BE CANCELLED. If FE: A hadn't sold enough there would be no more fire emblem. So when they brought it over to the american market they put in a bit of extra work and money to provide a demo as incentive for more people to buy the game.

With smash brothers, no incentive is really needed. Almost everyone is already going to buy it. If they do give us a demo, it'll be nice, but they don't have to.

HenryZusa

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HENRYZUSA
3DS FC
2793-0702-9089
There's not gonna be any demo.
It would kill the hype, people would be like 'meh, I think it would be better' or 'meh, I already played it enough there's no need to buy it.'
It's better for the hype to keep everything as a surprise for the customers

Gamecube Kid

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SuperSonicX2014
3DS FC
3325-3644-1635
Warning Received
What does a tournament have to do with a demo. The build they've used for the tournament is not yet ready for release, sakurai said that about 5 times. It was glitchy and unfinished. And they don't count as main stream, really.
If nintendo is going to be willing to have most of their WII U's bricked at smash-fest which would cost like over a thousand dollars then they should just give us a 3ds version demo.

There's not gonna be any demo.
It would kill the hype, people would be like 'meh, I think it would be better' or 'meh, I already played it enough there's no need to buy it.'
It's better for the hype to keep everything as a surprise for the customers
The hype already got killed at smash-fest. The hypes gonna be killed when the game comes out anyways. You don't have to get it if it were to be released.

Crome

#ROBSquad
NNID
sboles66
3DS FC
1289-8218-1492
Switch FC
SW 7896 6401 6209
If nintendo is going to be willing to have most of their WII U's bricked at smash-fest which would cost like over a thousand dollars then they should just give us a 3ds version demo.
That was just a rumor. And if it did happen I'm sure Nintendo told best buy if it happens it's not gonna come out of their pocket.
The hype already got killed at smash-fest. The hypes gonna be killed when the game comes out anyways. You don't have to get it if it were to be released.
How was the hype killed? How is the hype gonna be killed?

HenryZusa

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HENRYZUSA
3DS FC
2793-0702-9089
Not exactly, because even though every one of us just watched gameplay videos, but didn't play the actual games.
We still haven't 'felt' the game as it is, if they make a downloadable demo a lot of people would be like 'I wanna play Smash Bros., I'm just gonna give it another shot at the demo' instead of actually buying it. Maybe that won't happen with us because we are actually interested in the game, but think about the casuals.

Gamecube Kid

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SuperSonicX2014
3DS FC
3325-3644-1635
That was just a rumor. And if it did happen I'm sure Nintendo told best buy if it happens it's not gonna come out of their pocket.

How was the hype killed? How is the hype gonna be killed?
It wasn't a rumor. People were actually there when it happened. How would nintendo make them do that if they were the ones who made the game and systems. It's basicly best buy's so it would come out of nintendo pocket because best-buy is letting there games to be at the store. I don't see why not put em in all stores and made it so exclusive to certain best buys.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Demos/beta releases are made for one of two reasons: Promotion, or testing.

Nintendo-- and Japanese developers in general-- don't release early builds for bug or server testing. They've never done it before, and I seriously doubt they'll start now. They're confident that they can produce a quality product on day one without user input.

That leaves promotion. But honestly, Smash is already well-known, and we know exactly how it plays. Global demo promotions are usually reserved for games that need to earn some more goodwill, or let potential buyers see what the game actually is. That's why games like Bravely Default get a demo. Smash doesn't need one.

I think they'll promote and hype their product with limited demo releases and large scale events, but they'll never release an actual "anyone can download this and try it" demo on the eShop.

Hope I'm wrong, of course.

Norm

Smash Lord
NNID
Sheldon86
I'm usually Mr. Positive attitude when it comes to these things. This time not so much. I would bet money on us not getting a demo. No chance in hell.

Gamecube Kid

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SuperSonicX2014
3DS FC
3325-3644-1635

Nintendo-- and Japanese developers in general-- don't release early builds for bug or server testing. They've never done it before, and I seriously doubt they'll start now. They're confident that they can produce a quality product on day one without user input.

That leaves promotion. But honestly, Smash is already well-known, and we know exactly how it plays. Global demo promotions are usually reserved for games that need to earn some more goodwill, or let potential buyers see what the game actually is. That's why games like Bravely Default get a demo. Smash doesn't need one.

I think they'll promote and hype their product with limited demo releases and large scale events, but they'll never release an actual "anyone can download this and try it" demo on the eShop.

After seeing brawl they better give us a demo. There were alot of problems with brawl. Slow frame rate and tripping for example.

Aureola

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Queenrider
I would love a demo, if only so I could try out the controls. I would be surprised if we got one, and I'm not completely sure I really even want one. I'd get too attached, and it wouldn't be unlimited.

GameStop and Bestbuy demos won't help me- neither are close enough for me. And I don't want to wait in lines for hours.

NekuShikazu

Smash Journeyman

Got to agree with this here, couldn't have said it better.

Last edited:

Gamecube Kid

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SuperSonicX2014
3DS FC
3325-3644-1635
Got to agree with this here, couldn't have said it better.

Fire emblem is well known but they had a demo before release.

Crome

#ROBSquad
NNID
sboles66
3DS FC
1289-8218-1492
Switch FC
SW 7896 6401 6209
It wasn't a rumor. People were actually there when it happened. How would nintendo make them do that if they were the ones who made the game and systems. It's basicly best buy's so it would come out of nintendo pocket because best-buy is letting there games to be at the store. I don't see why not put em in all stores and made it so exclusive to certain best buys.
They would say "Hey, want hundreds of people lining up at your stores? Well we'll give you an exclusive demo for you guys to display, but it might crash systems."

Aureola

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Queenrider
Fire emblem is well known but they had a demo before release.
I forgot about that. Though, it admittedly isn't that big out of Japan. Awakening helped a lot, though. The demo might have helped with that, but Smash doesn't really need it.
They would say "Hey, want hundreds of people lining up at your stores? Well we'll give you an exclusive demo for you guys to display, but it might crash systems."
People will still get it.

Gamecube Kid

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SuperSonicX2014
3DS FC
3325-3644-1635
Nintendo makes project m illegal which is an awsome game mode. But action replay is legal it also mods games. Face it nintendo doesn't make good dissisions sometimes.

I forgot about that. Though, it admittedly isn't that big out of Japan. Awakening helped a lot, though. The demo might have helped with that, but Smash doesn't really need it.

People will still get it.
After what happened to brawl it would.

Crome

#ROBSquad
NNID
sboles66
3DS FC
1289-8218-1492
Switch FC
SW 7896 6401 6209
Nintendo makes project m illegal which is an awsome game mode. But action replay is legal it also mods games. Face it nintendo doesn't make good dissisions sometimes.
Nintendo has never made a statement about project m.

NekuShikazu

Smash Journeyman
Warning Received
I don't know the reasoning against Project M being illegal, and I don't know how this relates to having a demo.

Nintendo has never made a statement about project m.
From what I know, this is true. And I haven't found a article discussing about it being illegal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom