• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

So whats holding him back =O

Llumys

Smash Champion
D3 does not have the best matchups in the game, he has soooooo many counters.
I don't think you understand me. I'm pretty certain that Dedede has the most great match-ups. For example, Sheik has more favorable match-ups than Fox, but Fox has more great match-ups. It's not the same situation between Meta Knight and Dedede, but you get the idea.

Dyyne

Smash Ace

No, Falco's CG to spike would only work on olimar only if he's at the ledge. Also, you can tether cancel the spike, so it's not even noteworthy in the match-up.
He said it "hurts"....getting cg'd then spiked onto the ground does a hefty amount of damage, I would say it hurts.

Also, all of rob's aerials can be seen from miles away... meaning they're easily whistled... I could be wrong, so please explain how rob gimps olimar?
Throws and his tilts that send oli at a pretty low angle can get the job done.

Oh shi- did they get invincibility frame in the air all of a sudden? Last I checked, you can hit all three of those characters in the air with either spaced aerials or spaced smashes.
"Can't hit" was obviously an exaggeration, and it's funny that you would get angry at that, coming from Mr. "I own the oli boards". And they're priority does make it hard to hit them out of the air often.

Upsmash with a purple pikmin... and then tell me they lack range. Also, purple pikmin toss ravages some match-ups. Reds are probably the least favorite pikmin of olimar users (and whites), though I don't mind them myself. They aren't the best however.
*waits for another infraction*
~Fino
Everybody has their own preference when it comes to colors, Fino. I hate purples with a passion (except when they land me early kills, then I love them for a few secs). I like whites because of all the pikmin, they have the largest impact on making me decide what my next move will be. All others are just there in my eyes.

Fino

Smash Master
Throws and his tilts that send oli at a pretty low angle can get the job done.
Dyyne randomly comes in to get mad at me @.@ lol.

Just DI'ing up on his throws sends you at about a 70-80 degree angle iirc... though it's been awhile since I played a rob, could be closer to 60 or something, the fact still remains that his throws don't gimp olimar. His dtilt and utilt (obviously) send him up, and his utilt sends him out and up (though not much up). These tools aren't even for off stage use, so how to they gimp olimar O.o?

~Fino

Dabuz

Fraud at Smash
today, in two AIB sets in a row, both on last game, both at second stock, when ive had a stock lead i have gotten ghost pikmin glitch...discuss

Fino

Smash Master
today, in two AIB sets in a row, both on last game, both at second stock, when ive had a stock lead i have gotten ghost pikmin glitch...discuss
Stop playing on the edge. I have a solid theory about the ghost pikmin glitch, but hilt won't verify whether or not I'm right, and I'm only waiting for him before I post about it... since he wants to write a guide about all pikmin mechanics

~Fino

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard

Stop playing on the edge. I have a solid theory about the ghost pikmin glitch, but hilt won't verify whether or not I'm right, and I'm only waiting for him before I post about it... since he wants to write a guide about all pikmin mechanics

~Fino
You can go ahead and post it. I have a few theories as well.

Weruop

Smash Ace
post al ur theories in finos new thread that he should make

<3hilt for wanting to make a thread on pikmin mechanics

actually i hearted him b4 that:laugh:

Dabuz

Fraud at Smash
i think i know what they are, and both matches were like 6 minutes, so no replays, but each time it happened when i up-b tether the ledge then immediately jump and fair before my pikmin get back in line/ invincibilty frames end

edit: and i tried whistle, up-b, and everything else olis can think of, but nothing fixed it, i even tried tethering the edge again

BOB SAGET!

Smash Lord
I only got the ghost PKMN once surprisingly. And they r a total pain in the *** though.

DarkPikmin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
zDecoy
Olimar's priority makes me cry when I vs :luigi:. Down tilt his tornado it's too good. Marth is troublesome because of him her range and FSDSDAAdjfj tipper near the edge but all you need to do is outsmart him her. Diddy has really been getting me lately. No FD for him ever. Any tips for diddy?

Fino

Smash Master
Olimar's priority makes me cry when I vs :luigi:. Down tilt his tornado it's too good. Marth is troublesome because of him her range and FSDSDAAdjfj tipper near the edge but all you need to do is outsmart him her. Diddy has really been getting me lately. No FD for him ever. Any tips for diddy?
Yoshi's island + go to stages and turn bananas on high.... have fun, figure stuff out. Z-catching is useful, as well as cancelling your dash with an item pick-up (let go of the control stick and then press a... should be right after the time you are able to dash attack, but before your momentum in completely stopped... you should pick up the item as if it were in front of you while retaining a little bit of your momentum)

~Fino

EDIT:
I only got the ghost PKMN once surprisingly. And they r a total pain in the a$$ though.
I catch ghost pokemon all the time, they aren't too bad in some situations.

DarkPikmin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
zDecoy
Yoshi's island + go to stages and turn bananas on high.... have fun, figure stuff out. Z-catching is useful, as well as cancelling your dash with an item pick-up (let go of the control stick and then press a... should be right after the time you are able to dash attack, but before your momentum in completely stopped... you should pick up the item as if it were in front of you while retaining a little bit of your momentum)

~Fino
lol I thought I was the only one who knew to do that dash cancel pickup thing... Diddy is fun to play against but has so much ground control at times. I just usually go TL against them.

Timbo TX

Smash Rookie
I personally like to got Pit on Diddy just for the side B reflector on the bananas and for control over the air so I don't have to worry about slipping around on the ground. I also get some good gimps on Diddy with Pit as well :]

Xisin

Smash Ace
NNID
Xisin14
Hey Fino! Robs fair is pretty quick and isnt telegraphed in the least!

Also gimps do hurt olimar... i've played against several several olimars and have been behind numerous times when i just gimp them at low %... all it takes is one good throw set up off the stage one good tipper ... just anything that sends him off the stage and out of tether range really... after that edgeguard like made then touch the ledge. Olimars whistle while helps, you still take damage, and yah its been discussed already but if he up bs on to the stage... i can spike the olimar mid up b (ask hilt.) or i can simple roll up and dthrow him back out for a situation reset. The real fight with oli is getting him off the stage. Also something fun and interesting is i get more shieldbreaks on olimar than any other character, and dedede is an easy second, obvious reasons really.

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
Also something fun and interesting is i get more shieldbreaks on Hilt than any other character, and Hilt's dedede is an easy second, obvious reasons really.

Fixed...?
I think this may be what you mean ^^;
But I could be wrong haha

Xisin

Smash Ace
NNID
Xisin14

Fixed...?
I think this may be what you mean ^^;
But I could be wrong haha
Nah, your not the only one, it really is fairly common regardless of what oli im playing, and i never broke you dedede's shield have i? you really dont play it against me much.

Top Bottom