• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

So, what nerfs are we gonna see?

pichuthedk

Smash Lord
I am kinda wondering if downsmash although it already is super short will be chainable via the footstool implant (granted down smash stun time will have to last longer via higher % in order for this to be a possible).

Maybe her up b distance will be shortened a bit in the air since down b -> jump -> up b seems a little bit like overkill.

Wronskian-Physics

Smash Cadet
Hopefully none. If there is one nerf, I'd say her uptilt is a little too good at breaking the smashball, hehe.

Zero suit seems like a decent character who's up there but not broken. If this is about the Grand finals of the invitational, I would like to say the problem does not lie with ZeRo or ZZS, but with the fact that the game isn't combo-y, still promotes defensive play and oh yeah. Kirby sucks nads like he does in Melee and Brawl. :/

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Sakurai seems to be taking the demo results with a grain of salt. Which he should. According to him and his dedicated testers, Samus is the best one right now. Not Zero Suit. Just Samus, the character that Hugs passed on. I really think they aren't assessing these characters well enough.

Regardless, as W-P mentioned, the game thus far still looks like it's actively trying to avoid any sort of combos or reliable chains. All signs point toward that result. It worries me. Brawl combo videos were always the most boring to watch.

KingBroly

Smash Lord
That's not what he said. He said Samus was the strongest. We don't exactly know what that means. It could just mean attack strength and not overall playability. Also keep in mind that Nintendo and Sakurai viewed ZSS as weaker than Samus in Brawl and...yeah, lol @ that.

KingBroly

Smash Lord
I'll play her in smash 4 regardless of nerfs because no more up-b tether. I can see down smash being nerf and maybe jabs/dash having more endlag.
I think the new Up+B is a nerf, to be honest. It's harder to hit people with it, and while it may offer a modicum of variety to Zero Suit's moveset, it's ultimately a drawback.

Empyrean

Smash Champion
NNID
Arnprior
Up-b kills though. And with no SDI, it's guaranteed to always connect, assuming you land the first hit. Now all we need to know is if it's a good OoS option. I prefer it over the whip too.

KingBroly

Smash Lord
Up-b kills though. And with no SDI, it's guaranteed to always connect, assuming you land the first hit. Now all we need to know is if it's a good OoS option. I prefer it over the whip too.
if you miss, you're completely vulnerable though. With Up Tether, the recovery is rather quick.

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
Hopefully none. I plan on maining her if Marth is ass. Which he probably is.

Ryan.

Smash Lord
I definitely thing Up B is a buff more than a nerf. I've seen people use it very successfully a lot and it is really powerful. I did like her original Up B too though.

Mrkrabs06

Smash Rookie
I like both up b's , but I would say that the up b in Smash 4 is a buff. Seems like a great kill move as long as the player can't get out of it since it's very hard to DI and SDI

Last edited:

Dohz

Smash Cadet
Judging from this video (http://youtu.be/rijQQ7i0Gpc?t=1m45s), her Up-B doesn't put her into helplessness as she was able to act again immediately afterwards. I'm sure those who've played with her can confirm or deny this. I see it as a buff. It kills, can possibly combo, possible good oos option, better recovery.

Last edited:

ClinkStryphart

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ClinkStryphart
3DS FC
1891-1406-8889
Her upB from brawl is a buff in more than just one way. Sure the tether was cool but that was her major drawback in Brawl. Considering all people had to do is Ledgeguard even with I-frames being off a tether due to occupancy would automatically make them go into helpless state. Ya it would hit the enemy on the holding on to the ledge but ZSS and others like her return such as Ivysaur, and Olimar(hence why they changed his return also) couldn't return. This new Up-B is way better.

Last edited:

Krynxe

I can't pronounce it either
3DS FC
4511-0472-1729
I ctrl+f'd "zair" and got no results

did you all not catch zamus' lagless zair that's similar to brawl samus. If that nonsense isn't removed, I might play this character out of her sheer brokenness.

TeamFlareZakk

Making Super Smash Bros a more beautiful world!
I'm wondering about her up b, in Brawl you could practically use it on somebody on a platform above her and just spam it for a huge beat down right before up kicking them off the stage, I wonder if that will still be in?

TeaTwoTime

Smash Ace
I'm wondering about her up b, in Brawl you could practically use it on somebody on a platform above her and just spam it for a huge beat down right before up kicking them off the stage, I wonder if that will still be in?
Definitely not, considering her up-B is now totally different. :p I did like that trick, but I think the new up-B will provide its own set of tricks to compensate. :)

TeamFlareZakk

Making Super Smash Bros a more beautiful world!
Definitely not, considering her up-B is now totally different. :p I did like that trick, but I think the new up-B will provide its own set of tricks to compensate. :)
Its also for the better since I'm not really a fan on rely on tether recovery.

KingChaos

Smash Journeyman
Won't she have a tether recovery still? She still has side b and a zair! One of those gotta be a tether.

KingBroly

Smash Lord
Yeah, Side B is still there, but Up B as a Recovery is worse. While Up B is a definite KO move for ZSS, I think it has a great deal of negatives about it. Like other Up B moves, it stops all button inputs until you touch ground afterwards. With Up B before, you could just spam it and get lucky.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
z air? I guess I need to refamiliarize myself with Smash lingo.
Using a tether grab in the air for the purpose of attacking rather than trying to grab the ledge.

Basically pressing Z (on the GC controller)/using a grab in the air results in an attack now, similar to regular Samus' Grapple Beam or Link's Clawshot.

KingBroly

Smash Lord
Using a tether grab in the air for the purpose of attacking rather than trying to grab the ledge.

Basically pressing Z (on the GC controller)/using a grab in the air results in an attack now, similar to regular Samus' Grapple Beam or Link's Clawshot.
Thank you. That's good.

Zero Suit Roxas

Smash Cadet
NNID
LeBabbo
3DS FC
0748-1742-4057
Her up special isn't much use for combos anymore, but it's a really great KO move. It's not entirely useful for recovery unless you're directly under the ledge. It doesn't have a lot of horizontal recovery, but you should use Flip Jump or Plasma Whip for that anyways. I think her new up special is a nice counter for meteor smashing, but for recovering, her up special from Brawl is better, especially since she doesn't become helpless after using it.

Top Bottom