• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

So what is the deal with the Delfino Plaza Glitch?

MdrnDayMercutio

Smash Champion
I did a search and found that it's definatly known, but I didn't see anything that managed to explain the how/why of it.

It happened to me recently in a friendly and I was surprised, to say the least, YouTube and the boards have shown me that it can actually happen in several of the transformations, I've heard the beach mentioned, Shine Sprite Tower, and to me it happened in the walk off area with the two stair cases.

Has this been figured out like the Seel Glitch yet? Just want to be prepared if the level is CP'd on me. And have any other glitches like this been found?

DKKountry

Smash Ace
Corneria... Fourth Planet of the Lylat System
This glitch has been explained to be an in-game manifestation of Sakurai's disdain for you. If the glitch happens to you, just assume it's because either Sakurai does not deem you worthy of a glitch-free Smash bros. experience, or he really likes your opponent.

Usually it's the first one.

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
The glitch where your character can fall through the stage during the transformation? Yeah, that happened to me too.

I smell a ban if this happens too much.

Dai Tian

Smash Journeyman
*Watches the vid* Holy...

That's a hell of a glitch alright. Now is this glitch something that's been seen consistently or does it only occur at random moments? I mean neither one's good but it -would- be the difference between using the stage less often and an outright ban.

NOW

Smash Cadet
Oh yeah this happened to me before
Are there any rules on what they would do if it happened during a tourney?

Kit-Tsukasa

Smash Cadet
This has happened to my opponents several times on several stages already, it's not just Delfino....it works on most (if not all) moving stages
-Rainbow Cruise
-Summit(this one seems random, but I don't play on this stage that much so I don't know for sure and it has only happened once)
-Deflino Plaza
-Halberd
-Castle Siege
-Rumble Falls
-Port Town Aero Drive
-Spear Pillar (read description for Summit)
-Frigate Orpheon (this could just be the stage flipping though)

All these stages listed where the teleportation/transformation glitch has occurred for me were done accidentally.....but some stages have happened numerous times including Halberd, Deflino Plaza, Castle Siege, and Port Town Aero Drive... I have yet to see it happen on non-moving stages....

KSUkid

Smash Apprentice
I'm still thinking it's if you are performing any ground-action when the moving platform crosses through the stage, you'll stay on the platform instead of moving to the stage. That includes rolls, item-throwing, grounded neutral-b attacks (in some cases), etc.

AlexX

Smash Ace
wow some glitch there. this stage is gonna get banned for sure now
Unless it happens fairly frequently, I highly doubt it. Moreso if we find out what the cause of it is, since we can then simply avoid it during a match.

CDCP

Smash Apprentice
Unless it happens fairly frequently, I highly doubt it. Moreso if we find out what the cause of it is, since we can then simply avoid it during a match.
I agree, if there are any melee'ers out there, then you remember that this could happen on Pokefloats, and Pokemon Stadium. Although rarely.

Luigi player

Smash Master
Does this glitch happen if you jump off the platform?

This happened to me on Castle Siege =/ I fell through the last platform with the lava. And I once was too low while the stage was moving. I jumped and used my upB and when the stage was there I landed on a platform... >_>

Ragnar0k

Smash Master
I'm still thinking it's if you are performing any ground-action when the moving platform crosses through the stage, you'll stay on the platform instead of moving to the stage. That includes rolls, item-throwing, grounded neutral-b attacks (in some cases), etc.
I'm pretty sure that this man speaks the truth. Every time I've seen it happen that was the reason.

IKOU

Smash Apprentice
most likely. this happens to me and my friends a lot, and every time one of us has been doing something.

MonkE

Smash Rookie
This happened to me wen i was using peach. i either just picked up a radish thing or was throwing one. so it definitely has to do with some sort of action with an item.

wangston

Smash Lord
Why didn't you jump or try to get back up??? Why did you just shield and then fall to your death???? I've had this happen to me on Halberd accept I was stuck in the middle of the ship, I was ike so I could still hit people with my sword but no one could touch me.

DTP

L o s t - in reality~
I hope it isn't banned. Delfino is one of my favorite stages

Wallehh

Smash Cadet
Hmm, I don't understand the glitch at all. Could you explain a bit more?

Top Bottom