• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

so what characters can we say bye to?

cubican62

Smash Cadet
shiek, the legend of zelda theme for brawl is twilight princess which shiek wasnt in

Pieman0920

Smash Master
The ICs and G&W have a better chance than any of the clones. I really do not thing they will be excluded.

Also, Sheik is up in the air. On the one hand, the style for Zelda is TP based (Though not 100%) but there is still a chance, as Sakurai seems to update transformations separately.

hectichobo

Smash Ace
I can't stand clones... Falco, Dr. Mario, Ganondorf (Possibly They might change him to Ganon), Pichu, young link, and roy have to go... And i also think Marth, Ice Climbers, & Mr. G&W Need to go... I'm not saying this just because i suck with them... I'm saying this cause my leat used characters (Probably yours too) are Mr. G&W, Ice Climbers, & Roy/Marth.

RBinator

Smash Journeyman
What's up with this topic?! It seems like almost every single post is mindlessly saying a character and hardly backing it up, besides "their a clone lol". Come on people, let's at least show some logic here.

cubican62

Smash Cadet
I can't stand clones... Falco, Dr. Mario, Ganondorf (Possibly They might change him to Ganon), Pichu, young link, and roy have to go...
i definitely don't think ganondorf is leaving. instead i think he will be given a completely new moveset and be a clone no longer.

hectichobo

Smash Ace
Sheik may be included but as a seperate character than zelda. But if you cant switch from sheik and zelda no one is gonna like zelda anymore... I dont think i have ever been zelda and not changed to sheik for morth than 3/4 of thre match...

hectichobo

Smash Ace
i definitely don't think ganondorf is leaving. instead i think he will be given a completely new moveset and be a clone no longer.
Ya but still theres rumers that he will just be ganon or have a sheik/zelda transformation from gannon to gannondorf... But a new move set would be nice && I dont think of him a C. Falcon clone... lol when you really think about it...:dizzy:

RBinator

Smash Journeyman
Sheik may be included but as a seperate character than zelda. But if you cant switch from sheik and zelda no one is gonna like zelda anymore... I dont think i have ever been zelda and not changed to sheik for morth than 3/4 of thre match...
That was mostly because of the massive lack of balance between those two. Besides, going by your logic, if Sheik returned as a separate character and was still far more powerful then Zelda, then what would stop people from overlooking Zelda completely?

Brino

Smash Cadet
Why take Falco out? I think they are keeping him and adding Wolf O' Donnel. Falco and Fox will have differn't movesets of course.

I agree with Cubican about Ganondorf.

hectichobo

Smash Ace
That was mostly because of the massive lack of balance between those two. Besides, going by your logic, if Sheik returned as a separate character and was still far more powerful then Zelda, then what would stop people from overlooking Zelda completely?
It would make people overlook her cause of her lack of powerful moves, speed, and power without sheik... SHeik is Fast, Strong, and has a veriety of good moves... When i play ssbm normally when i play as Zelda i hold R & L at the begining and be sheik the whole match...:cool:

RBinator

Smash Journeyman
It would make people overlook her cause of her lack of powerful moves, speed, and power without sheik... SHeik is Fast, Strong, and has a veriety of good moves... When i play ssbm normally when i play as Zelda i hold R & L at the begining and be sheik the whole match...:cool:
So what's stopping them from actually making Zelda much better this time? Surely they saw how unbalanced Zelda and Sheik were from each other and would have corrected it. Even if Sheik doesn't return, I still see Zelda being a lot more powerful one way or another.

hectichobo

Smash Ace
Well i would like to keep Falco, but if he is a clone again Fox or him is gonna be underplayed... All the unlockavble clones sucked... LIke how pichu got damaged when he attacked, ganondorfs speed, falcos speed/lasor speed, dr. mario's damage was lower than mario's, and young links chain for grappleing was shorter/ his fire arows were weaker (and wend less far) thank links light arrows... And when roy did his b move it does 10-20 damage on him...

dantemasta

Smash Apprentice
Ganondorf out? I can gurantee you he will be in Brawl. There is no way they are going to drop the biggest, meanest and most malicious Zelda bad guy there is. Nintendo made some mistakes in Melee, well they made alot of mistakes.*cough*Mewtwo*cough* I still say G&W, IC and Doc are out. Possibly Falco, and Sheik.

hectichobo

Smash Ace
So what's stopping them from actually making Zelda much better this time? Surely they saw how unbalanced Zelda and Sheik were from each other and would have corrected it. Even if Sheik doesn't return, I still see Zelda being a lot more powerful one way or another.
Can't argue with your logic but if she haws the same speed/moveset shes gonna suck and noone wil llike her... unless she still has the transdormation ability

hectichobo

Smash Ace
Ya ganondorf is gonna stay... unless they keep him a clone... i think there gonna get rid of the clones this time around... atleast i hope so..

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Dr. Mario, Young Link, and Pichu are the only ones I can say are most likely leaving.

I like Young Link, but he's not only a clone, but also the same character as Link. Dr. Mario and Pichu are self explanatory.

dantemasta

Smash Apprentice
Zelda won't have the same moveset. I mean they are using the TP Zelda, and she has a sword. I'm sure they will get that in there some how.

hectichobo

Smash Ace
i bet if kirbly wasnt included (but he is, im not stupid), people would mob and sakari or whatever the creators name is would get a bullet in the brain

Lupo Aro

Smash Ace
Well i would like to keep Falco, but if he is a clone again Fox or him is gonna be underplayed...
Both characters are overplayed.

Dr. Mario, Young Link, Pichu, and possibly Marth and/or Roy probably won't be in Brawl. The first three are obvious, and Marth/Roy may have been replaced by Ike.

dantemasta

Smash Apprentice
Well i would like to keep Falco, but if he is a clone again Fox or him is gonna be underplayed... All the unlockavble clones sucked... LIke how pichu got damaged when he attacked, ganondorfs speed, falcos speed/lasor speed, dr. mario's damage was lower than mario's, and young links chain for grappleing was shorter/ his fire arows were weaker (and wend less far) thank links light arrows... And when roy did his b move it does 10-20 damage on him...
It makes sense though. Like Ganondor is a big man so he's not gonna be as fast, but he's gonna be strong. In the Pokemon show/games it says because Pichu is so underdeveloped when he uses electrical attacks he hurts himself. Falco has feathers to press the trigger with, nuff' said. Dr. Mario was just plain gay. Young Link was too young to carry a bigger one, and he wasn't as strong so he couldn't shoot as far or cause as much damage. Roy stands in the midddle of an explosion, and you expect nothing to happen? Let's use some common sense here.

hectichobo

Smash Ace
They said Zelda's magic was gonna be much stronger (i never saw no sword?) And i beat the game

dantemasta

Smash Apprentice
Both characters are overplayed.

Dr. Mario, Young Link, Pichu, and possibly Marth and/or Roy probably won't be in Brawl. The first three are obvious, and Marth/Roy may have been replaced by Ike.
They aren't going to replace two characters with just one. I'm sure the Black Knight will get in there too or another FE character like Hector or Lyn.

hectichobo

Smash Ace
It makes sense though. Like Ganondor is a big man so he's not gonna be as fast, but he's gonna be strong. In the Pokemon show/games it says because Pichu is so underdeveloped when he uses electrical attacks he hurts himself. Falco has feathers to press the trigger with, nuff' said. Dr. Mario was just plain gay. Young Link was too young to carry a bigger one, and he wasn't as strong so he couldn't shoot as far or cause as much damage. Roy stands in the midddle of an explosion, and you expect nothing to happen? Let's use some common sense here.
i get what ur saying but like why would you have to unlock sucky clones and G&W? I meen the only people that were good when unlocked were Luigi, Jigglypuff, and Mewtwo...

RBinator

Smash Journeyman
Have you even experienced the difference between Fox and Falco that much? While those two share a similar move set, they play very differently from each other. The differences between their moves like shine, zip, lasers, dair, and more changes how they play quite a bit. I don't think I could really consider them clones due to the big difference in their play style, even if they do share some similar moves. Underplayed, compared to who? I seen Falco played quite a bit compared to Fox.

Clones sucked? Do have any idea of what you're talking about? Pichu damaging himself is a moot point, at least when he's high enough because if he's already in the position to have to recover, adding on a little damage to himself isn't really gonna make much of a difference. Ganondorf was slower, but that doesn't mean he was worse. Didn't you notice the damage increase on his moves compared to Captain Falcon's? Again, just because Falco wasn't as fast as Fox doesn't mean he was worse. His lasers were slower, but they had one big difference, stunning, something Fox's lasers don't do. Dr. Mario actually had more damage on most of his moves, with slightly toned down speed. He's the only one I would agree that was almost truly a clone. Young Link may have weaker moves, but he's faster and some of the moves work differently, like the spin attack, bombs, boomerang, his dair's sweet spot, and more. Marth's B move can break shields if fully charged for two seconds. Roy's B can do 50% damage if fully charged for four seconds and he only hurts himself 10% as a result.

You should really learn the differences about the "clones" from their counter parts, because at the moment this lack of knowledge isn't gonna help you're arguments.

dantemasta

Smash Apprentice
i get what ur saying but like why would you have to unlock sucky clones and G&W? I meen the only people that were good when unlocked were Luigi, Jigglypuff, and Mewtwo...
........... Mewtwo good? Mewtwo sucked, and Falco was godly if you knew how to use him.

Shiek 84

Smash Rookie
I would like to see the following characters make their exodus:

Pichu: A clone. And a crappy one at that. Damages itself. Very weak.

Mr. Game and Watch: To me, he seemed like a one time gimmick. Not very useful. His value was in "shock value" (if you can call it that), which would be negated by a return.

Dr. Mario: I think the game would be better suited dropping him in favor of Paper Mario.

Jigglypuff: Clear the way for new Pokemon. The same idea might apply to Mewtwo (even though I think he is fun)

Young Link: Replace his model with WW Link. Makes him less of a clone.

Marth: Replace with Ike.

Roy: Replace with Isaac from Golden Sun

Ness: Unless they drastically improve him (which I personally would prefer).

Personally, I hope Sheik stays. I admit it doesn't make much sense since they are going with a Twilight Princess theme for the Zelda characters and Sheik only starred in one game (and that game wasn't Twilight Princess), but she's simply too good to drop. Zelda would be "defanged" without her. This same logic applies to Falco. I am anything but a Falco fan, but I acknowledge that he is a very popular character. Getting rid of him would needlessly piss people off. The way I see it, this game can have two clones: Luigi and Falco. Both are too similar to their counterparts to have significantly different move sets, and both are necessary characters. Ganondorf must be given an original move set as well.

RBinator

Smash Journeyman
The Zelda we seen in Brawl may be based off her TP counterpart, but that doesn't explain why she seems to share most of Melee Zelda's moves. Heck, we have yet to even seen her use a sword, which seems to be considered a trademark of TP Zelda, at least during the previews of TP.

Hetichobo...do you know anything about competetive Melee?
Based on the replies so far, I don't think so and yes, I know you wasn't asking me.

BlublacMH

Smash Apprentice
Pichu, Roy, Doc, & Possibly G&W are the only characters in danger of the axe.

Pichu: Almost Universally disliked, the few where were good with him are outnumbered badly by those who dont. Popularity obviously makes a good impact (otherwise why would Pit be in?) and he has very little in the Smash community.

Roy: Was only put in to promote his game, and now that its come and gone and we have a brand new (& IMO better) FE character, its pretty much bye bye Roy.

Doc: Complete waste IMO. Was only in 2 games and couldnt possibly have been that popular. He provided a good challenge in Melee but he should give up his spot to another more deserving character and be a Mario alternate costume.

G&W: He was good for shock value, and really is the ultimate in retro. However he wasnt that revolutionary (besides looks, him being flat didnt really affect anything). But he is pretty popular and has great historical signifigance. Its a toss up.

There is almost no way Jiggly will be removed. She is like the second most popular Pokemon ever (behind Pika of course) and is one of the Original 12, Ness too, was in the first game and his games (I believe) still do well in Japan.

From what I've heard countless FE fans and Wikipedia say Marth is like the first "lord" or watever in the games and has great signifigance to the series and removing him would be like taking Samus out of Metroid.

Falco's a toss up too because he is popular and recurring in the Starfox series, but he might be scrapped for Krystal and/or Wolf (Sakauri said he wants more villians and females)

IC wont leave because they are retro and now popular, plus they actually brought something original to the game.

hectichobo

Smash Ace
Okay , first of all i've had melle 4ever... sience like the 3d day it came out... I let lvl 9's team me on stock and i lovse mabey 2 of 5 lives... And second of all... Clones are worse then the originals... Okay yes Falco was very good but com' on Fox is truely better... I would concider them the same if falco was as fast... if falco was faster than i would say get rid of fox and keep falco.. .but i meen why do we want clones... Alls they do is take up space of other people... I meen its okay that they realease Ike... If you didnt already know... but if marth or roy comesin with the same moves it gonna be gay... IU meen its okay to like clones better.. but really we dont need technically 2 of the same characters... Does anyone know what i mean?

Wreked

Smash Lord
I agree with BlublackMH except for IC. There is a lot of evidence saying that they got the cut and Animal crossing girl and boy( I really hope not) or Diddy and Dixie replaced them.

Top Bottom