• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

So we've got 2 of possibly 3third party chars...

AsILayDying

Smash Apprentice
who do you think will be the next one(s)?
i personally would like two:
Master Chief (='( not happening)
lol
and
Kratos from God of war... but i see none comming =(

Camalach

Smash Apprentice
I think Sakurai will forego his earlier 2-3 third party characters comment and make it four. I dont know why I think that though.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
1) Geno - He has the unique ability to sneak around the barriers and appear as a Mario character. However, they still need Square's permission...which isn't that much of a problem.

2) Bomberman - Has a better chance than people realize. Made by a well known Japanese company that has allowed him to appear in other crossovers....along with Solid Snake!

3) Megaman - A classic...Known and loved by all...No reason for him NOT to be in as Capcom would most likely jump at the chance to have their character in this project...

Procrasticritter

Smash Journeyman
either, Megaman or Geno or maybe Simon Belmont; I really can't conceivably think of any other character who realistically have a chance.

if you think about it, they still won't put a third party character in Brawl unless they have something to do with Nintendo in a major way:

Snake got his start 20 years ago, on Nintendo.
Sonic has had a rivalry for 20 years, with Nintendo.

so the point being, any 3rd party rep will most likely have to have been around for a long-*** time probably at least 10 years, and have some MAJOR significance to Nintendo's history... and at the same time be currently popular as well.

I hate it how people keep making these outrageous (and pretty dumb sounding) statements about wanting Master Chief or Cloud in brawl.

those characters don't have jack **** to do with Nintendo.

WarxePB

Smash Ace
An FF character is feasible, due to the existence of Mario Hoops 3on3. Black Mage would be an awesome, unique experience not unlike Pokemon Trainer - sitting back and casting spells of doom while trying to avoid enemies because of your pitiful weight and attacks? Sounds a bit boring, but cool.
Other FF characters? No. I do not want Cloud or Sephiroth spoiling Brawl. It'll have to be a generic character or nothing.

Other than that, you know, Megaman or Simon Belmont.

CaliburChamp

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-6575-2504
It's a possibility that Isac from the Golden Sun series might make it in. In the smash composer music area on smash dojo, they have composers for the songs of Golden Sun. Megaman would probably have a good enough chance too. And hopefully Viewtiful Joe, he would fit so perfectly in this game. But I believe Capcom will put one of their characters in Brawl since they work closely with Nintendo.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
It's a possibility that Isac from the Golden Sun series might make it in. In the smash composer music area on smash dojo, they have composers for the songs of Golden Sun. Megaman would probably have a good enough chance too. And hopefully Viewtiful Joe, he would fit so perfectly in this game. But I believe Capcom will put one of their characters in Brawl since they work closely with Nintendo.
1) Isaac isn't 3rd party

2) Megaman would get in over Viewtiful Joe, it's assured

Vampire Uprising

Smash Rookie
I find that there are quite a few candidates, but lets look at some of the composers to see if they give way to possibilities:

Masato Kouda Monster Hunter / Devil May Cry - Dante?

Tomoko Sasaki (TOKIOHEIDI) NiGHTS - NiGHTS?

Yasunori Mitsuda
(PROCYON STUDIO CO., LTD.) CHRONO TRIGGER / XENOGEARS - Chrono?

Yoko Shimomura Kingdom Hearts series - Sora?

Keigo Ozaki
(GAME ARTS Co.,Ltd.) PROJECT SYLPHEED
Takahiro Nishi
(GAME ARTS Co.,Ltd.) GRANDIA series /
PROJECT SYLPHEED
Yutaka Iraha
(GAME ARTS Co.,Ltd.) SYLPHEED series - Katana Faraway?

Shota Kageyama Luminous Arc - Alph?

Koji Hayama Cho Aniki / Ape Escape 2 - Ape Escape Ape?

Kenji Ito ROMANCING SAGA series /
CULDCEPT SAGA - Albert?

Masafumi Takada
(grasshopper manufacture inc.) killer7 / GOD HAND - Gene? - Harman, Garcian, Dan, KAEDE, Con, Kyote, and/or Samantha Smith?

The possibillitiess are numbered, but there are plenty of them.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I find that there are quite a few candidates, but lets look at some of the composers to see if they give way to possibilities:

Masato Kouda Monster Hunter / Devil May Cry - Dante?

Tomoko Sasaki (TOKIOHEIDI) NiGHTS - NiGHTS?

Yasunori Mitsuda
(PROCYON STUDIO CO., LTD.) CHRONO TRIGGER / XENOGEARS - Chrono?

Yoko Shimomura Kingdom Hearts series - Sora?

Keigo Ozaki
(GAME ARTS Co.,Ltd.) PROJECT SYLPHEED
Takahiro Nishi
(GAME ARTS Co.,Ltd.) GRANDIA series /
PROJECT SYLPHEED
Yutaka Iraha
(GAME ARTS Co.,Ltd.) SYLPHEED series - Katana Faraway?

Shota Kageyama Luminous Arc - Alph?

Koji Hayama Cho Aniki / Ape Escape 2 - Ape Escape Ape?

Kenji Ito ROMANCING SAGA series /
CULDCEPT SAGA - Albert?

Masafumi Takada
(grasshopper manufacture inc.) killer7 / GOD HAND - Gene? - Harman, Garcian, Dan, KAEDE, Con, Kyote, and/or Samantha Smith?

The possibillitiess are numbered, but there are plenty of them.
What you didn't add was Yoko didn't just do Kingdom Hearts, but Mario RPG as well - Geno?

But the musicians prove nothing

Shuma

Smash Hero
Issac is first party... isn't it? He's owned by Nintendo.

Aniway, Megaman. Unless Geno isn't considered third party since he's part of the mario Universe, i hope for the blue bomber though.

NukeA6

Smash Master
If there's gonna be another third party character, it will probably be Megaman.

tennisthehilife

Smash Lord
1) Geno - He has the unique ability to sneak around the barriers and appear as a Mario character. However, they still need Square's permission...which isn't that much of a problem.

2) Bomberman - Has a better chance than people realize. Made by a well known Japanese company that has allowed him to appear in other crossovers....along with Solid Snake!

3) Megaman - A classic...Known and loved by all...No reason for him NOT to be in as Capcom would most likely jump at the chance to have their character in this project...
I completely agree. All 3 in Brawl would be very very possible and very awesome.

Chrono cool possible, Sora cool but not sure possible, and Nights cool possible.

Isaac!!! Yay hes not 3rd party so hes very very possible.

NO Pacman <-- to me waste of a good perfectly good 3rd party spot.

Meta_Knight_14

Smash Cadet
All signs point to mega man. I'm not sure if this is a commonly known fact, or something I stumbled across and very few people know about, but one of the guidelines for a potential character in a Smash Brothers game is that character must have been featured in a stand-alone title on some Nintendo Console. Then the rights to use that character (i.e. third party characters) becomes a lot easier to obtain.

With that being said, Sura is not completely out of the question.

Won't ever happen, but I wouldn't mind seeing Crash Bandicoot in the game.

Also, if Microsoft didn't own Rare, I'm almost positive Banjo would be in this game.

But, all signs point to Mega Man. Doesn't bother me though, he's one of my favorite video game characters ever.

Arubameleefan

Smash Cadet
Well, remember:
Pac-Man was in the Mario Kart GP Arcade game co-made by Namco, and Nintendo, so that could mean something ;)
I think personally Mega man (cuz my best friend Elliott who lives far away is like obsessed with the GBA versions of Mega Man) and Pac-Man. (just to keep my mom and older sister happy)

Snakz

Smash Ace
All signs point to mega man. I'm not sure if this is a commonly known fact, or something I stumbled across and very few people know about, but one of the guidelines for a potential character in a Smash Brothers game is that character must have been featured in a stand-alone title on some Nintendo Console. Then the rights to use that character (i.e. third party characters) becomes a lot easier to obtain.

With that being said, Sura is not completely out of the question.

Won't ever happen, but I wouldn't mind seeing Crash Bandicoot in the game.

Also, if Microsoft didn't own Rare, I'm almost positive Banjo would be in this game.

But, all signs point to Mega Man. Doesn't bother me though, he's one of my favorite video game characters ever.
Favorite character huh? sounds like a extremely biased opinion to me, commonly known fact? forgive me for being crude, but give me a f*ckin break

Geno has as much of a chance getting in as Megaman, you obviously dont know about him otherwise you MIGHT've mentioned him

Sora....no, just no, ill stab my eyes out before Sora gets in over Geno and Megaman and any other reasonable 3rd party choice

and im not gonna even bother with the other choices....

Ralph_Marquee

Smash Journeyman
I have a feeling the last one will be Rayman, honestly, think about it. I'm not against that idea though.

Enigma14

Smash Champion
As much as I love Geno, Mega and Bomber...However Mega can only use copied abilities only after he has defeated an enemy...So Geno and Bomber

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
Either these guys....

Shadow the Hedgehog. (They played the Sonic Adventure main theme so it could happen as a extra costume or an additional third party playable.

Nightmare- Soul Calibur 3 (Namco associates with Nintendo alot so it's possible)

Megaman - (2 in the polls of popularity and Capcom would probably use this opportunity to get megaman popular again)

Pacman- (a practical shoe in if he were added to the game. Heck, he was even in a Mario Kart game so yes it is a possibility)

marthfreak

Smash Rookie
i really hope viewtiful joe gets in.. i mean, i think its quite possible, but anyways, it would be really cool =)

AsILayDying

Smash Apprentice
well, joe got red hot rumble, so hes got moves that could be used in brawl
and well, i think that on the POSSIBLE and STARTING ON NINTENDO and POPULAR chars RYU HAYABUSA would be perfect, i mean...
he started on nes bla bla bla...
but hes getting his game on the DS... maybe have that ryu? XD it would be awesome... but then lil' kids would look at other ryu games and find ninja gaiden and see blood and think of smash as a bad influence bla bla bla...
RYU!!!!!
lol

RoyalRook

Smash Journeyman
Capcom is deciding between VJ or Rockman, it's causing the delay. I learn it from a friend in a Chinese forum. No BS, you heard it from me. According to him, the problem is from both the past and future licensing mess. Nintendo wants VJ, but Capcom has already published Red Hot Rumble. It's Capcom, so you all know how they love to milk their existing franchise. Besides, the Clover situation and Rockman's popularity is not helping Nintendo's bid for Viewtiful Joe. AsILayDying is actually right on the money.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Capcom is deciding between VJ or Rockman, it's causing the delay. I learn it from a friend in a Chinese forum. No BS, you heard it from me. According to him, the problem is from both the past and future licensing mess. Nintendo wants VJ, but Capcom has already published Red Hot Rumble. It's Capcom, so you all know how they love to milk their existing franchise. Besides, the Clover situation and Rockman's popularity is not helping Nintendo's bid for Viewtiful Joe. AsILayDying is actually right on the money.
Yeah...right...that is TOTALLY believable...

Please do not spread crap rumors...

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Dude I am serious, if I want to spread rumor I would talk about Mewtwo. I don't even care about Viewtiful Joe that much. So forget you.
THat's nothing but a horrible rumor because that's not how business works...

Nintendo would get to chooce the character and nogotiate a pay for Capcom...Capcom WOUDN'T pick the character

RoyalRook

Smash Journeyman
What are you talking about? Rockman or VJ are Capcom's IPs, AND they will represent Capcom as a whole in Brawl. Of course, Capcom will have a say in this. And why am I wasting my time on someone who doesn't even contribute anything?

Top Bottom