• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

So this is going to sound stupid...

LEEEOOOOO

Smash Rookie
But why can't I do the double jump pill?

Is it not just X, B, X, B? Whenever I jump and press the B button to shoot a pill, Dr. Mario flashes and I can't do my second jump. Any help?

Cosmo!

nerf zelda's dsmash
taking 2 pills can be hard even for a doctor. i recommend going to great bay (termina) before your important matches to get a drink of water, should help getting both pills down

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
you pretty much have to pill immediately as you go up, because the window when you can jump and pill again is already small, but then you have to add on that there's a window of time when you are about to land when you cannot throw a pill.

SpruceTengu

Smash Journeyman
Thats helpful, Bil. : P

Anyway LEEEOOOOOOOOOOOO (your name reminds me of LEEEEROOOOOOOOY)
I'd have to say Dogy's the only one you want to listen to so far, he's hitting it right on the nose. You have to make sure that your first pill came out fast enough, otherwise you won't have enough time to Double-jump. It's a bit harder when you try DIing simultaneously, so try it stationary first. Practice getting your thumb from the jump button (X or Y, some people say Y is faster) to the B button as fast as you can. Try just Fulljump pilling that way a couple times first to get the hang of having the pill already coming out as you're still moving up toward the apex of your jump. After you've tried that, try just a pill-Doublejump; so jump up, get a pill off as you're rising, then right after you've pressed B start pressing jump again, maybe even a couple times, so that you make sure Doc jumps at the soonest frame he's able to. If you do it right, he should double jump, and you can pill again from there.

I think it needs to be almost perfect, but if you get extremely fast, I'm pretty sure you can waveland the DJ-pill; I've done it before, but never very consistently.

St. Viers

Smash Champion
You are most definitely able to waveland after double pill. Either that or I'm really haxx at this game.

But as I'm not haxx at this game, it's obviously possible.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I want to be haxxXx plox. ;[ Me try double jump pill to wave land. :]

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I use control stick and X sometimes. :]

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
Oh manz, Dogy is a moderator now?
Yup. Smashboards has come into hard times. I've been drafted into the Selective Smash Service. I'm one of them now. >.>

You can probably find the story of the day I got modded in the general thread (i cant remember, i know i've posted it on the boards), It's actually hilarious as ****. Turns out they dont really TELL you you're about to be a mod, you just get on one day and your name is red.

_____

As for thread relevance.

Doing the double jump with control stick its probably the easiest thing way to go about it since you dont have to move your thumb across the continent known as the A button, making it easier for you to get more time out out of the pill (because you should be able to waveland, u.air, n.air, and b.air after a FH pill or DJ Pill if you throw the pill fast enough).

However, if you're used to pressing one of the buttons and sliding down to B, do that. That's what I do. Im not saying it's the best way, but what's important is what works for you.

elvenarrow3000

Smash Master
Yeah, the timing for the fulljump pill to whatever afterwards isn't really that hard to do.

Top Bottom