• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

So the melee mario thread is disappearing

dablackpacman

Smash Ace
idk last time we played, i did beat u 2 straight n then u won 1. but we can settle the dispute next time (since i heard tony didnt let u come out wednesday). ay foreal tho smashfest on the 7th n 17th juggleguy/moose/duck/tremor ect. we need to be on that n get our teamwork back down tight

condemned_soul

Smash Champion
what? tony? he dont even live with me man come on

i thought I beat you on rainbow cruise and that kongo jungle board

j3ly

Smash Champion
i think if mario could beat link, his board n this thread might have a lil more activity.
dablackpacman said:
its a match-up that favors mario.
your mind has changed, my work is done.
you are welcome to your own opinion on who would win out of me and c-soul.
i'd not say anything like that to anyone ever, because smash is about adaptation and you cant judge off vids. especially outdated ones

more importantly who won last tournament set - its a whole different game when one player is maybe camping the edge of the stage 1/2 the game. who gives a crap about friendlies, you should be sandbagging with techniques you need improvement on anyway

dablackpacman

Smash Ace
no my opinion hasnt chaged. link should always win the mario vs link match-up. it favors mario. but once u understand the match-up, u kno wat to avoid and its harder for mario to be able to adapt wen he lacks the range. and of course i sandbag, i dont own the game so the only time i get to practice is during our friendlies

j3ly

Smash Champion
there is still so much to see then. get in touch with the best player for miles and miles around, play friendlies with him for hours. still bickering over whether you won 2 or 3 games outta some random friendly set, making sure people know you dont actually own the game, stating link > mario - all of these are signs of inexperience - my friends played for 4 years until i got them into advanced techs. they had been playing a while, yet had no experience. tournament experience is where the rapid improvement is at, no question.

if ur beating some players who do attend tournaments thats serious potential, dont throw it away not going :(

dablackpacman

Smash Ace
well there arent that many tourneys ovr here to attend. n i dont take this game that serious as it is. id rather hit the club n get on sum females then go across state to do a tourney. u keep repeating urself ovr n ovr which i think shows ur inexperience. u keep talkn bout puttn vids on, but then u say vids dont matter wen i check out vids of u n am not rlly impressed. i kno tourneys are where the experience, but i dont care to get much bettr then i am. i wanna play the bettr kids in my state (which is wat im doin if u actually read these messages) if they beat me, they beat me. who cares, i dont own the game n i dont invest time in it. wat for? its a video game

condemned_soul

Smash Champion
Well now that thats over, lets get back to mario. I notice that my F-tilt has been saving me lately. I catch a lot of people when they SHFFL with the F-tilt in the upward direction. I may add that to the mindgames that I concur.

j3ly

Smash Champion
i agree!! ftilt is ****!

you say to use up angled.. i will try against my friend today to beat out some approaches

j3ly

Smash Champion
technically docs is better for offence, and marios is better for defence and making walls cos it stays out a frame longer. isnt docs up 1 frame before or something?

condemned_soul

Smash Champion
U-tilt> U-air>Grab>U-Throw> U-air onto platform>F-smash in upwards direction on fox on Yoshi Island
Grab>D-throw>Grab>U-throw>U-smash>U-tilt>B-air>B-air>F-smash on link on Pokemon Stadium
U-tilt> U-air> U-air>F-tilt (he then upBs over me to get on the board)>N-air>U-air>F-smash ganon on fountain of dreams
F-air> U-tilt> long jump U-air> DAC (Dash Attack Cancel)> F-air> U-tilt> U-air> F-smash on captain falcon on Battlefield

I think i need to go get a capture card because im amazing right now.

MarioMariox2

Smash Ace
NNID
KunehoKun
3DS FC
0748-3131-6459
Doc has more hype. What's the status on our community combo video?

VGmasta

Smash Lord
Well I gotta admire you guys on your passion and dedication to keeping Mario alive. It's you same five Mario players that post in here all the time. I remember when I used to main Mario 2.5 years ago. I only dropped him because I couldn't kill as easy with him like I could with Doc. So I failed to hold my passion for Mario and switched over. It is unfortunate for you guys that Doc has more hype than Mario. But at least you guys have a more lively thread than say Bowser or Pichu. Some of those threads are starting to grow cobwebs. And as long as you five are consistently hyping up Mario, melee Mario will always live.

condemned_soul

Smash Champion
well people need to play doc so they can lose to my mario. I have yet to lose to a doc as mario. Doc is hype and i give him that but mario is the better combo-er. If 4 marios left the melee mario board, i would still be here to hype him up. Mario FTW

MarioMariox2

Smash Ace
NNID
KunehoKun
3DS FC
0748-3131-6459
Heh, I think you'd be glad to know then that I have more confidence (and MAYBE skill) in my Mario than my Falco?

I'd like to be the next Brown Mario/Cape/Eggz/Green Mario.

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
Well you'd be happy to know that I'm on the verge of going with Mario instead of Doc and I happen to be active on the boards. He's just smoother than his clunky counterpart and I think that's the way I'd prefer him. Nice to have the option, but annoying choice to make. There are 2 up and coming Docs and 1 former veteran Doc in BC already so would be a nice change I guess too. :/

You don't need to be a 'next *insert name*'
You just need to be the best you can. Which will be better than *insert name* if you do.

As well, any good Marios around these days? I don't know anything about the modern Mario aside from what I've been experimenting with. LOL

MarioMariox2

Smash Ace
NNID
KunehoKun
3DS FC
0748-3131-6459
Right now we are discussing abusing Dsmash an utilt.

MarioMariox2

Smash Ace
NNID
KunehoKun
3DS FC
0748-3131-6459
Utilt is amazing...
Coming from Doc, it's refreshing. :)
We're not talking about Doc Utilts here.

EDIT: Step it up guys! Marios unite!

Character Rankings List as of 6/19 said:
19. Mario (1 Top8, 2 Top4, 1 Top2, 0 Wins, 4 Total) 9.25 Points [15]
Gotta start working on the commuity combo video. Who's a good video editor?

Top Bottom