• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

So technically these arent Oot moves anymore

Arean

Smash Ace
We know that Zelda's final smash and moves have bean leaked by
http://brawlcentral.com/index.php
This also show her special moves which all have been renamed..

Standard B: Lanayru's Love
Side B: Eldin's Fire
Up B: Faron's Wind
Down B: Twilight Change

Hehe now we can tell that THESE arent ocarina of time moves but moves FROM the twilight princess era BASED from Ocarina of time. So regarding the new Twilight change... this new sheik is NOT FROM ocarina of time... but a twilight princess styled one... who knows if her name is still sheik or just a new name?

Heck who cares... we got the news now to fill our lack of updates! W00T but yeah. I still think its sheik's moveset... but still its awesome.... but it also says that its an ORIGINAL twilight princess version of the sheik transformation... hmmmmm

In my opinion... It could be Midna.. thats just me... midna with sheik's moves and remodeled specials... since it is TWILIGHT change... midna is the TWILIGHT princess afterall... but who knows... hehe thats my opinion anyway. There are a lot out there so yeah....

Possible Characters For Twilight Change

.Cloaked Zelda
.Zelda w/Rapier (Puppet Zelda)
.Sheik
.Midna
.Original Character made by Sakurai

DISCUSS!

EDIT: Disregard this thread... Zelda news updated.. they are still OOT moves

Urser

Smash Apprentice
Zelda's moves is going to by far the best and most interesting revelation on the Dojo. It makes sense that Sakurai is leaving her until lucky last. CAN'T WAIT!

blink777

Smash Journeyman
Yay! Another thread that says the exact same thing as so many other new threads ;) .

Can't think of anything new to comment on though... Kinda been discussed to near-death in the other threads.

Arean

Smash Ace
Lol. Though the other threads talk mostly about Twilight change. I really liked the idea that sakurai renamed her other moves to be twilight princessy :D

Soluble Toast

Smash Ace
NNID
solubletoast
3DS FC
2165-6410-7964
Woah , awesome!

Props to Sakurai for using the Light spirits. Well, looks like Brawl Zelda has next to nothing to do with OOT Zelda, apart from the kirby hat. Zelda is 1 move away from being completely TP based.

I'm half expecting Cloaked Zelda now.Not Sheik.

rageagainst

Smash Journeyman
In my opinion... It could be Midna.. thats just me... midna with sheik's moves and remodeled specials... since it is TWILIGHT change... midna is the TWILIGHT princess afterall... but who knows... hehe thats my opinion anyway. There are a lot out there so yeah....

DISCUSS!
Yeah most people don't see the connection between midna and Zelda in TP, when Zelda sacrificed herself for Midna, for most of the game, "their hearts were one" so they were basically the same person until the end of the game. (not just coincidence Midna was suddenly nicer midgame)

BUT even with that connection it seems kindof a stretch for Zelda to transform into Midna, and I'll be really mad if Midna is the one that steals Zelda's spotlight this time, even more so than Sheik (midna should be in a seperate char spot, get out of Zelda's :p ), though after 6 moths i think Sakurai balanced the transformation thing down.

Original twilight transformation, to me, only fits with 2 things, the most likely being the garb that she had when she was a prisinor, the robes, and have her do sheik moves, the other is her doing things like puppet Zelda (though not ACTUALLY puppet zelda just with the moves) with her having a rapier!! (this possibility is unlikely but too cool)

there wont be a sheik outright, just the moves, since if sakurai went thru all the trouble to rename everthting, this is the TP Zelda.

Iris

Smash Ace
A possessed Zelda seems slightly possible too. I know she can't really possess herself, but it's more of a twilight form than some cloak. She'd still probably have Sheik's moveset.

Actually, something strange occurred to me. Zelda's clothes, cloak or not, really wouldn't work well with Sheik's moves. Not because it would be difficult to see the movement in loose clothing, but because something like Sheik's down smash would look rather... adult if it were to be performed in a dress. Granted, we haven't seen under Zelda's dress yet (haha), so they may be able to use it while innocently and just show long boots and dark stockings, but if she's at all like Peach down there then we won't be expecting Zelda to use it while wearing a dress or cloak.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
It's NOT going to be Midna, and Zelda's not going to purposely possess herself...

It's mostly likely some kind of Shiek form...

I bet it will be names Shiek

Soluble Toast

Smash Ace
NNID
solubletoast
3DS FC
2165-6410-7964
Zelda doesn't need to purposely possess herself.

In a game where we're talking about the possibility of TP Zelda transforming into her ancestor, I don't think it's impossible to think Zelda could be possessed/corrupted by twilight pixels when we press DownB..

And right on que, Smash Boards becomes laggy, I've had to go through " PROBLEM LOADING PAGE SCREEN" 5 times trying to post this. * Sigh* ¬.¬

•Col•

Smash Champion
I wish people would read that article correctly.... D: It says "The translation for the final Special move reads: "Twilight Change (Original Twilight version of Sheik transformation)" A rough translation says "Twilight version Seek Transformation". Seek is the Japanese version of Sheik, so there ya go. We have multiple translators confirming this."

It SAYS in the magazine that the Twilight Change is a version of Sheik... So, yeah... D:

Soluble Toast

Smash Ace
NNID
solubletoast
3DS FC
2165-6410-7964
That could easily mean that Zelda will transform into an original, Twilight version of the Sheik transformation in Melee =/

It doesn't say she will actually transform into Sheik, but a Sheik like character.
I agree Possessed Zelda has next to no chance, but cloaked Zelda has a very good chance of filling the slot.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
That could easily mean that Zelda will transform into an original, Twilight version of the Sheik transformation in Melee =/
Thank you. Why did so many people immediately jump to the conclusion that this MUST mean Sheik is in? Because her name was mentioned?

If anything, this actually makes me more skeptical about Sheik. Remember, in the translation it says "Original Twilight version of Sheik transformation." The word "transformation" is key here. "Transformation" is the noun and "Sheik" acts as more of an adjective.

So based on how it's worded, it sounds more like "Twilight version of the transformation", than "Twilight version of Sheik", which would mean the transformation itself has changed to relate more to TP, eliminating Sheik. Not just updating her look.

Black/Light

Smash Master
Yeah most people don't see the connection between midna and Zelda in TP, when Zelda sacrificed herself for Midna, for most of the game, "their hearts were one" so they were basically the same person until the end of the game. (not just coincidence Midna was suddenly nicer midgame)
Midna was starting to be nice before than. Look at how she got light blasted in the Zant fight. I don't think her becoming nice had jack to do with Zelda's TFoW being inside her. She was willing to die for them before Zelda gave her the TFoW.

But, I do see Midna being a possible out come my self. Not likely but I wouldn't complain.

suzuki brawl

Smash Journeyman
i'm agree with zelda with sword and when she changes she use her black robe with similar sheik move set

OrlanduEX

Smash Lord
How about this.

Zelda swaps with (sexy) adult Midna, who uses Sheik's moveset.
Now everything makes sense (not really) and everyone's happy.

I know that Zelda swapping with Midna is rather unlikely, but a man can dream lol.

Also, to those saying that they're hoping Sheik will be removed so that Zelda will be a "whole character", Zelda's transformation has been confirmed by this update.
We just don't know what she will change into.
In all likelihood, the character or form she takes with her down-b will "outshine" her in Brawl, just like Sheik did in Melee.

OnyxVulpine

Smash Champion
But basically the moves are the same and look the same. New names though, pretty cool.

-Onyx

Stiputation

Smash Journeyman
Where do people get Midna from Sheik?
As much as I hate to admit it, Sheik is Zelda's transformation some way or another.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Faron, Eldin, and Lanayru. Where's a move that relates to Ordona? Seems strange that only three spirits are involved.

San Diego, CA (in Yo Mama's house!) PM ME IF U WAN
Wait, I'm confused. I clicked on the link that was there, but there was no Zelda Moveset. The only complete Moveset there was Mario's (aside from the Down Taunt missing), Peach's was almost half of Mario's for some reason, and Snake had alot missing.
I still haven't played Twilight Princess (I still really want to though) so I don't know if those re-names would make sense (they sound like they do though)

Though what I find weird is that no one has said this (unless something happened to the site recently). So yeah, can someone explain something to me please?

Luthien

Smash Ace
They were never really OoT moves anyway. So I'm good.

And where do you get Midna? As cool as True Midna would be, have you taken a look at her outfit? That's hardly Zelda's banner thing covering her lower body. Imagine that with Sheik's movestet:

Down-smash.
Up-tilt.

...and the fanboys continue to rave. If adult Midna were to be the transformation, I wouldn't be surprised if Brawl got rated M. Prepare, ESRB!

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
Well, seeing as how useless most of her moves are, it's probably just a move that gives the stage an orange tint and increases the gausian blur and contrast. -_- Seriously Zelda is so lazy in Melee.

Arean

Smash Ace
Lol. I thought about midna with sheiks moves.. but yeah.. the up tilt.... O_O
maybe we will see.... shadows? LOL

Ztarfish

Smash Journeyman
Zelda's screwed no matter what the hell happens.

Zelda->Sheik
Once again Zelda's useless alter-ego comes to gender-bend yet again. Will she be better or worse than her Melee counterpart? Well it doesn't matter because her inclusion makes no sense.

Zelda->Cloaked Zelda
Zelda decides her own frail body can't stand the heat of battle, so she turns to her trusty cloak. What does it do? Who knows, but Zelda for some reason needs it

Zelda->Midna
Zelda is so desperate for a transformation this time around she is willing to bend all traces of logic and switch with a completely unrelated character from a different realm. Why? Because we all know Zelda's useless without being able to switch between two characters within the battle.

Bottom Line: Why the freaking hell does Zelda need to switch into ANYONE?!

Stiputation

Smash Journeyman
Ztarfish, I love you.
I need you in my life.

In the Smash bros series, Zelda has become so freaking known for her alter ego Sheik that its not even funny.
The first thing that came to everyones mind when they saw Zelda confirmed:
"LOLOLOLOLZOMGOMGWILLSHETRANSFORMINTOSHEIK"

As with other characters, they are looked upon for their moveset and difference of abilities. I'm just so sick of Zelda having to transform into ANYONE when you finally get the chance to play her in the Smash bros series. Hence the name "Legend of Zelda" Not "Legend of Zelda/-insertrandomtransformationofzeldahere"

-spAzn-

Smash Journeyman
Ha I never even realized the name changes. Though I like the new light spirit names.

Zelda change to Midna that's weird to say the least. Uh Midna with Sheik moves that's even weirder. Midna is like 2x the size of Zelda why would she be able to out run and maneuver her.:p Maybe Zelda should just transform into Zant or Ilia or Colin or even that psycho baby salesman, give them Sheik's moves and call it good.:psycho: I guess Midna makes more sense then them but it's still odd nonetheless.

Ztarfish so true why does Zelda have to transform can't she for once be her own character? Well I guess not so she's screwed then. Stip I have to agree with you too viewing other forums the first thing to pop up when Zelda was revealed Sheik where are you? This is what Zelda's going to be known for, Sheik transformation oh goody.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
It's been confirmed

They ARE Nayru's love, Din's Fire, and howeverthehellyouspellhername's Wind

Arean

Smash Ace
EDIT: Please Check my ZELDA UPDATE thread and close this one up thanks

Top Bottom