• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

So Palutena apparently has 12 unique special moves, which 4 do you hope are the default?

SS2000

Smash Apprentice
7:23
Michael "TYP" Cole:
You can select amongst 3 moves for each special attack slot
7:23
Neal Ronaghan:
Mario has a fireball, a fast fireball, and a fire orb. not usable in For Glory

7:24
Neal Ronaghan:
Palutena is different. she has unique special attacks; not derivative
This is from a liveblogger at the Q&A. It seems many characters have customizable specials that are variations of their existing moves, but Palutena has 12 completely different moves. That would explain the big show off of moves in her trailer.
This brings up the question: which 4 moves do you think are her default moves? And since customizable moves can't be used in cases such as For Glory, does this mean she will have 8 moves that may as well not exist in certain cases?

Which moves do you hope are her default ones so that you can always use them?

Personally, I think I'd prefer that reflecting wall move, the teleport one, the one that made Sonic slow, and the pillar of light.

Last edited:

Luminario

Smash Lord
For me its hopefully:
B - Auto Reticle
Side B - Reflect
Down B - Heavenly Light
Up B - Jump Glide
but thats just me being wishful
Reflect is probably Down B and Side B is probably Explosive Flame

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
Auto Reticle, Light weight, Explosive Flame, and Counter. ( I mean. she needs a recovery move too lol)

Heavenly light has no knock back... Angelic missile seems... alright... Reflect just no... it doesn't seem too useful in a 1v1 maybe... Celestial Firework?? hahahah!! Warp would be a decent sub for lightweight but lightweight is better. Rocket jump looks about as useful as Little Macs up B... Jump glide isn't too bad recovery wise. She probably won't be able to act out of it in the air like Peach so that doesn't seem very good. Super speed is basically angelic missile with a different name. You can probably angle angelic missile though.

If none of those first four make it into her default there isn't much hope for her.

Last edited:

Lugubrious

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Lugubrious
I think I would go for a totally fire-based moveset of:

Neutral: Explosive Flame - nice crowd control, good size
Side: Angelic Missile - damage and recovery in one
Down: Celestial Fireworks - supreme antiair to help with zoning
Up: Rocket Jump - a beefed-up version of Rising Uppercut, with a huge explosion and greater vertical distance

I think we have enough counters, reflectors, and teleports, so I hope none of those are default.

FrostShock

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ClockworkWizard
Personally, I'm hoping for
Up - Jump Glide
Down - Reflect
Side - Super Speed
Neutral - Auto Reticle
*I'd like to have Heavenly Light in here, but I really can't tell which special that is.

I'll probably use this for my customizable moveset, but since I plan on maining Palutena online, I need to get used to her default moveset.

「 Derk 」

4th times the charm...
NNID
D3RK-SSB4
Switch FC
SW-6389-5985-3965
I am hoping for:
Neutral: Heavenly Light
Up: Teleport.
Side: Explosive Flame
Down: Counter

If those are not default I will probably be switching to that very quickly since it seems to fit my playstyle best.

Edit: All these different movesets posted is exactly why custom movesets should happen for casual and tournament play. So many different possibilities and it really shows your style in a character. Even ditto matches could be 2 completely different character styles.

Last edited:

Ragna22

Smash Ace
I feel like everything we've seen in her trailer is part of her default move set if only because it's very possible that she's like Megaman in that her normals are ranged attacks as well or at least vertical projectiles, I could be wrong though, I just feel like it'd be a shame to show a bunch of attacks in a trailer that you won't be allowed online, the Mii Fighter makes sense with that yeah cause they're the most customizable characters in the game but not someone like Palutena or even Pac-Man, just doesn't make sense to me.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Whelp.

B: Explosive Flame
Side: Reflect (Although it's probably the Down)
Up: Jump Glide
Down: Auto-Reticle

That sounds good to me, although it's probably:

B: Explosive Flame
Side: Super Speed
Up: Jump Glide
Down: Reflect

Terradrius

Smash Apprentice
I feel like everything we've seen in her trailer is part of her default move set if only because it's very possible that she's like Megaman in that her normals are ranged attacks as well or at least vertical projectiles, I could be wrong though, I just feel like it'd be a shame to show a bunch of attacks in a trailer that you won't be allowed online, the Mii Fighter makes sense with that yeah cause they're the most customizable characters in the game but not someone like Palutena or even Pac-Man, just doesn't make sense to me.
That's highly unlikely. http://www.smashbros.com/us/howto/entry2.html - Palutena has entirely different moves for her customization options, and we've just seen so many things that would be bizarre as non-b moves, especially with 3 good recovery moves.

Anyway, I'm hoping for...

Up-B: Warp
Neutral-B: Explosive Flame
Down-B: Heavenly Light
Side-B: Reflect Barrier

Or some combination thereof; explosive flame could be side-b, Heavenly Light could be neutral, Reflect Barrier could be down.

I'm also really hoping (and expecting) that the pillar of light that she uses against DK is actually her upsmash. Because that is just awesome.

TeenGirlSquad

Smash Master
This is from a liveblogger at the Q&A. It seems many characters have customizable specials that are variations of their existing moves, but Palutena has 12 completely different moves. That would explain the big show off of moves in her trailer.
That info is on the official site: http://www.smashbros.com/us/howto/entry2.html

"However, Mii Fighters and Palutena don't have spin-off variations, but rather completely unique types of attacks."

extremechiton

Smash Lord
NNID
Extremechiton
3DS FC
1590-4719-6526
Switch FC
SW 5498 9796 6766
my default:
up b: jump glide
side b: explosive flame
down b: reflect
neutral b: auto reticle

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Up B: Jump Glide
Neutral: Heavenly light
Side B: Lightweight
Down B: reflect

Please,

Altais

Smash Champion
Starbase, where no turtle has gone before.
Mine favourites amongst her special moves thus far are Heavenly Light, Explosive Flame, Warp, Reflect, Auto Reticle, Jump Glide, and Counter. I am hoping Auto Reticle travels much further that it did in the trailer.

This is the moveset I am hoping for:

• Heavenly Light
◄► Auto Reticle or Explosive Flame; I will settle for either one.
▲ Warp
▼ Reflect

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

All her moves look cool. I'm fine with anything so long as counter is not a default. If Substitute is a counterattack, that's 3 new characters with a counter. Paletuna plz dun hav a conter...

extremechiton

Smash Lord
NNID
Extremechiton
3DS FC
1590-4719-6526
Switch FC
SW 5498 9796 6766
All her moves look cool. I'm fine with anything so long as counter is not a default. If Substitute is a counterattack, that's 3 new characters with a counter. Paletuna plz dun hav a conter...
Peach also has a counter so thats....5 including ike

Opana

Smash Lord
NNID
PINKYz
3DS FC
0748-3814-1504
So, there's no way to allow her access to any non-default moves? I'd hate to miss out on some awesome attacks, but I'd understand.

D

Deleted member

Peach also has a counter so thats....5 including ike
7 if you add Marth and Lucario. I was only counting the new characters, but yeah. Please don't make Paletuna one of many who have a counter. I'll take anything over counter as a default special.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Not the Black Hole
Not the Mega Lazer
Not the Super-Speed
Not the Teleport
Not the Counter
Anything else is fine.

Also it has been shown that Black Hole + Mega Lazer can be used together.
2OP4Me.

Last edited:

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
Not the Black Hole
Not the Mega Lazer
Not the Super-Speed
Not the Teleport
Not the Counter
Anything else is fine.

Also it has been shown that Black Hole + Mega Lazer can be used together.
2OP4Me.
That's because Black Hole + Mega Laser is her final smash, broham.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I really get the feeling Reflect will be the default Down-B.

Not only was it used first in the trailer, but it was featured in the anime part of it as well.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I do want Reflect Barrier for sure. I expect Palutena to be defensive in a way so I want that happening. Jump Glide for Up-B, Autoreticle for Neutral-B and Explosive Flame for Side-B would fit me well.

Glaciacott

Smash Lord
For me, I don't plan on using custom movesets too much, I'd rather stick with the default to be consistent and have a good time online.

The four I hope are standard:

Down B: Reflect
Side B: Angelic Missile
Up B: Warp
Standard B: Auto Reticle

Warp and Angelic Missile seem nice for movement and both are relatively fast for good surprise/escape. Auto reticle seems like a good keep away projectile, and Reflect seems like a great defensive move that's more unique than just any counter/shine,

Last edited:

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
• Heavenly Light
◄► Super Speed
▲ Jump Glide
▼ Reflect

Please and thank you.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
:GCN: Heavenly Light
:GCR: Super Speed (Angelic Missile is fine too)
:GCU: Warp (because of the trolling possibilities) Jump glide is fine too.
:GCD: Reflect

greenluigiman2

Smash Ace
Anyone excluding Heavenly Light... C'mon now. She's the Goddess of Light, at least one of her default specials has to involve light.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Heavenly Light seems ****ing ridiculously good is the only reason I excluded it. I know it has to be something, but I can't even fathom it being a simple neutral B or down B based on what I saw.

Maybe I can't fathom the true strength of the goddess after all.

extremechiton

Smash Lord
NNID
Extremechiton
3DS FC
1590-4719-6526
Switch FC
SW 5498 9796 6766
to me heavenly light looks like an epic up smash.

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
:GCU: Jump Glide, because flying.
:GCN: Celestial fireworks, because it's funny and suits her trolly personality. (She's technically celebrating herself). Does look useful though.
:GCR: Angelic Missle, Also suits her trolly nature, and fun.
:GCD: Reflect, Defense.

Last edited:

RIDLEY is too SMALL

Smash Journeyman

Given that this screenshot is the only image on Palutena's character page that actually shows her attacking instead of posing, I think it's safe to assume that Explosive Flame is one of her default specials.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Huh. Hadn't noticed that...

Well, I still assume Reflect will be default because it was in the anime scene, so I think that's two that are safe.

I hope. (It also helps that explosive flame is a simple enough neutral for Kirby to use.)

ProjectAngel

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-3179-5530-9222
Neutral Specials: Autoreticle, Explosive Flame, Celestial Firework
Side Specials: Angelic Missile, Super Speed, Lightweight
Up Specials: Warp, Jump Glide, Rocket Jump
Down Specials: Heavenly Light, Reflect, Counter

Default specials: Autoreticle, Super Speed, Jump Glide, Reflect

Heavenly Light seems ****ing ridiculously good is the only reason I excluded it. I know it has to be something, but I can't even fathom it being a simple neutral B or down B based on what I saw.

Maybe I can't fathom the true strength of the goddess after all.
It's likely her down special- down specials are the more gimmicky attributes of a character, and an AoF attack such as that is quite a gimmick.

Last edited:

Ryan.

Smash Lord
It's awesome she has 12 unique special moves. I don't mind which ones are her her default, they all look awesome. As long as her up special is a good recovery haha.

Last edited:

andimidna

Smash Master
I'm not 100% sure on the neutral b, but I'm pretty much sure these will be her other default specials:
Side B- explosive flame
Down b- reflect
Up b- rocket jump
I think Heavenly Light would fit her best for a neutral b. but I could easily see it being auto reticle or even celestial fireworks.

But I'm going to be able to make my own Palutena, right?
So far, this is what I think I will do:
Up b- jump glide
Down b- counter
Side b- explosive flame
Neutral b- heavenly light
I like auto reticle, but these 4 I see myself using more.

Oniric Spriter

Smash Ace
:GCU: Jump Glide, because flying.
:GCN: Celestial fireworks, because it's funny and suits her trolly personality. (She's technically celebrating herself). Does look useful though.
:GCR: Angelic Missle, Also suits her trolly nature, and fun.
:GCD: Reflect, Defense.
I don't know if those are the actual ones but I know that those are the ones I'll have for my Palutena settings and amiibo.

Pieman0920

Smash Master
The reflect mirror is likely in her default moveset, since Pit lost his mirror, and the series name is the Mirror of Palutena in Japan. Also given the precedent for reflects and counters, its likely her down special.

I'd hope Jump Glide is her default up special, since its not quite as generic as Warp or Rocket Jump. Other than that, I guess maybe Angelic Light for neutral (its more in tune with with Palutena than most of the other powers which were originally made for Pit) and maybe either Super Speed or Light Weight for the side special...though I'm honestly not that sure what the difference between those last two are.

Glaciacott

Smash Lord
The reflect mirror is likely in her default moveset, since Pit lost his mirror, and the series name is the Mirror of Palutena in Japan. Also given the precedent for reflects and counters, its likely her down special.

I'd hope Jump Glide is her default up special, since its not quite as generic as Warp or Rocket Jump. Other than that, I guess maybe Angelic Light for neutral (its more in tune with with Palutena than most of the other powers which were originally made for Pit) and maybe either Super Speed or Light Weight for the side special...though I'm honestly not that sure what the difference between those last two are.
Super Speed seems to be an offensive attack that sends her forward and strikes opponents. Light weight seems to be more of a status thing that removes weight to make her lighter and faster, probably at the risk of getting KOd easier if it's anything like the game.

Top Bottom