• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

So now that the Mario series is up to 5 again...

Ultinarok

Smash Lord
I don't think its out of reason to expect 6 reps considering how massive Mario is as a franchise, but there is always the problem of the sub-Mario characters like Yoshi and Wario being in. Yes, they are their own series, but ultimately they were born from Mario. So in actuality, it is getting, at least metaphorically, more than 5 reps as it is.

Sonicguy726

Smash Lord
I don't think its out of reason to expect 6 reps considering how massive Mario is as a franchise, but there is always the problem of the sub-Mario characters like Yoshi and Wario being in. Yes, they are their own series, but ultimately they were born from Mario. So in actuality, it is getting, at least metaphorically, more than 5 reps as it is.
It seems really likely that we could too, I mean pokemon had 6 in brawl, while zelda had 5 and mario had 4 (5 in melee) so having each one having 6 would give them all the same amount while not taking a rep from pokemon. The question is which characters, personally I vote for Bowser jr, Impa and then mewtwo

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
Honestly, I think the Mario series deserves 5 - 6 reps.
I'm glad Rosalina is in, now if I can get Paper Mario, I'd be one happy man.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
I honestly expect each of the big 3 to have only 5 reps because we are really starting to reach the limit on the roster.

First of all, Sakurai has stated he wants to avoid cuts
There is more evidence suggesting Gematsu is real instead of fake
Every game we have a retro character and Takamaru is looking pretty likely in my eyes
DK will most likely get a character and with the Kremlings in Smash Run could be a hint towards K Rool
It was discovered that Ridley is either just a bit smaller or just a bit bigger than Bowser in the direct
Snake is a tricky one but when we have Kojima for some reason 'not knowing' if Snake is back and then asks Sakurai if he could return along with a suspicious interview saying that some guy would voice Raiden in the new Smash bros but tried to cover himself up by saying he isn't voicing Snake.

So if Squirtle and Ivysaur are the only cuts, that already gives us 52 characters!! Yeah, I don't expect anymore characters from the big 3.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Have you seen how much memory Tropical Freeze and Wonderful 101 uses? If there can be Wii U titles that use over 11 GB, Smash 4 could probably do the same thing, though the 3DS version's 8 GB maximum limit may make you think otherwise.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Have you seen how much memory Tropical Freeze and Wonderful 101 uses? If there can be Wii U titles that use over 11 GB, Smash 4 could probably do the same thing, though the 3DS version's 8 GB maximum limit may make you think otherwise.
Its less space on a disk and more having a roster that is too big and development time.

If the roster is too big, you could have major balancing issues and with each new character, thats new voices needed, new animations, potentially more Break the target levels, potentially cramper roster, All-Star nightmares, new models. Every character would take a while to create and they would have to think wisely before adding a character.

Top Bottom