• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

So...Ness' up and side tilts clash with Marth's Fsmash

_clinton

Smash Master
Just saying...I think I'm going to start some experiments on just what Ness' tilts can screw around with (kind of like that other thread...only this will be on smash attacks)

Gaussis

Smash Ace
Ness's ftilt can clash with anything that doesn't have a high knockback. I'm not sure what is considered to be high knockback, though. In my experience, stuff like Lucario's fully charged sphere and Ike's fsmash (you know, the attacks with high KO power) beats ftilt.

Levitas

the moon
ness's tilts can clash with moves that aren't laser projectiles that deal damage within 10% of the tilt in question at the time of the attack.

don't try to clash smashes that hit before frame 15 as a general rule. And lucario's fsmash is exempt because of wierd priority.

Neon Ness

Designated Procrastinator
Ness's ftilt can clash with anything that doesn't have a high knockback. I'm not sure what is considered to be high knockback, though. In my experience, stuff like Lucario's fully charged sphere and Ike's fsmash (you know, the attacks with high KO power) beats ftilt.
Actually, Ness' forward tilt beats a fully charged Aura Sphere. I was fighting someone over Wifi, and the Aura Sphere got cancelled out by the foot. I dunno about Ike, though, he probably does have higher priority.

Forsworn

Smash Cadet
I got Ness's F-tilt to clang with Ganondorf's F-smash in a wi-fi match today and got it saved on replay to boot. It was pretty neat. :psycho: PM me if you want me to send you the replay.

Gaussis

Smash Ace
ness's tilts can clash with moves that aren't laser projectiles that deal damage within 10% of the tilt in question at the time of the attack.

don't try to clash smashes that hit before frame 15 as a general rule. And lucario's fsmash is exempt because of wierd priority.
I've seen several exceptions to that rule, though. I better test as well and see what I can find. Priority is weird in this game.

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
Yeah Ness' utilt and ftilt have very good priority despite what people think. Ftilt clanks with a lot and utilt beats a lot of aerials.

Alphatron

Smash Champion
Kirby's dtilt can cancel out a fully charged aura sphere. The move isn't that impressive on it's own. I'm pretty sure priority increases when Lucario's dmg goes up though. Can anyone test if Ness' ftilt still blocks aura sphere from a Lucario at 180%+?

Wait? Blocking Aura sphere when you're playing as Ness? lol.

His ftilt clanks with a ton of stuff. It can clank with Dedede's ftilt too and other stuff that normally outranges it.

Top Bottom