• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

So, my brother kinda sucks.

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622

Ochobobo

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1075-1052-5472
I'd have to say practice his Farore's Wind recovery a bit more. In both videos he died because of a Farore's failure, in the second one twice.

When Zelda is below the stage, almost perpendicular to the ledge, if she teleports straight up then she will still end up a few feet away from the ledge. If she teleports diagonally then she'll reappear slightly below the edge. Two ways around this:

1. Move Zelda directly underneath the ledge and then teleport straight upwards to grab the edge. This one is very risky and extremely dangerous. If you teleport too high you'd float helplessly back down to the ledge, while a nearby opponent could take advantage of your helplessness. If you teleport too low then you won't grab the edge and you'll fall to your death. Even if you teleport right at the edge, at the spot where you would grab it immediately, a smart opponent could try to quickly edgehog before you could reappear. I would not recommend this method unless you're sure you could grab the edge and that your opponent's nowhere near the edge.
  2. Move Zelda away from the edge and then teleport diagonally towards the edge. The added horizontal distance away from the edge should make it so it's easier to land the warp. If you still have your second jump then it's even easier to move her to the correct teleportspot. Remember to keep your cool when recovering and to not immediately press up and B. Remember the second jump. I know that must sound incredibly obvious, but just remember it, lol.

If your brother would like some reading material, you could direct to him to a very indepth guide on Farore's Wind.

Also, it might be also be good if he watches some videos of a pro Zelda. NinjaLink's videos are not only inspiringly epic, but should also have some examples of the second recovery method I listed. I probably didn't explain it very well, hopefully a video should help.

Here are two of my favorite NinjaLink videos: (both chosen for their amazing d-air use lol)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cnFtHNAjwV0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tg-2JssmAzg

ExCeL 52

Smash Lord
I would help your brother out Meno.. Since my best friend mains as Zelda...
But....You hate me sooo... :(

(*Cough*UpSmash*Cough*)

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
FSmash / dtilts on a grounded peach. Grabs for some mixups or whatever ^^ Predict the height of her float and lighting kick sweetspot. Dair sourspot or sweetspot her recovery to kill her. Jab when she's floating as an annoyance. More nairs, but you need to pick and choose your time carefully with those.

Short din's burst to get her scared works well at getting her grounded. He needs to avoid Fair with his life, otherwise he may be able to sneak in a dsmash if he spotdodges it, but this is unlikely. OoS USmash is perfect for Dairs. Sometimes even running USmash is a good approach against a floating peach as a good mixup.

There's just too much dash attack =( He just needs to play nice and defensively and he'll be fine =D

Sukai

Smash Champion
Well, people have already gave you the best advice so I can only add on to.
Naryu's Love to punish rolldodging. It's a beautiful charm.
Just for future reference.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
gosh. other than the glaring problem with dash attacks, his problem is just that he has no idea what's safe with zelda in given circumstances. I'd give specfic advice, but really, he just needs to get better... doesn't help that peach is a hard matchup for Zelda.

P.S. I <3 you Meno

Half-Split Soul

Smash Lord
I´d say that he needs to be less passive. Zelda has problems approaching, but that doesn´t mean she just has to keep foxtrotting and/or running away until enemy is close enough. Some surprise Din´s or aerial every here and there should help keeping the enemy on his toes. (I´m not overwriting Kataefi´s advice of playing defensive, just telling that running isn´t needed all the time).

Other than that, he just needs to get more experience in and play some more with Zelda until he´s familiar enough with her to start inventing new creative and effective strategies and his own playstyle.

P.S. What´s with all these strong feelings towards/against Meno?

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Top Bottom