• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

So I've grabbed marth...

St. Viers

Smash Champion
and its my turn to be an annoying *** to HIM. He's at low damage. What should I do? I can't chaingrab (as he can jump up too quickly). U-air doesn't do much to combo yet and Up-smash takes too long. U-tilt seems the best option but I can only get 1-2 before he jumps out of that...

I'm guessing SHBAWD/ FJDBA would get me maybe 2 more hits before he can tech, but is there any really good way to punish? (I'm using the down throw, if that helps)

Should I throw a different way (sometimes I just b-air and start hit-and running again)?

hhliveson

Smash Cadet
from what i've seen, you shuffle a few u-airs. u-tilt can work but at some point the u-air has to come into play. after some time you can start to look into the b-air and docpunch.

Cyphus

BRoomer
BRoomer
at low damage, uptilt is prolly ur best bet if he doesn't DI completely...otherwise, i'm actually fond of a rising d.air, fastfalling the 2nd half of the animation into a UpAir for a nice chunk of damage.

u can also do an immediate shuffled upair and attempt a regrab..works good if they don't expect it, but i wouldn't do it twice.

St. Viers

Smash Champion
Thanks Cyphus. I'll try those.

@everyone else.
I also love u-air, but when I use one (SHFF, if not L-cancled, I'm not sure) he seems to not be able to be hit by another. When I say low percent I mean like 10%, not 30+%. Its always the first grab off of him (usually after he tries to f-smash me after he dies, and I'm at really high %) and it ends up that I lose the advantage by grabbing. When I get him into the less low %'s I don't have as much of a problem.

@thebluedeath100: don't cut my words up to try and make me look foolish (omitting "yet" is kind of major when reading, don't you think?--it makes it clear that I know that u-air is good for comboing people, just not at the percent he is at when I grab him)

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
u can also do an immediate shuffled upair and attempt a regrab..works good if they don't expect it, but i wouldn't do it twice.
Depending on the %, I like that option.

I also like d-throw -> f.smash, just to get some damage and get them away from you.

Until late, i've been lackin pretty bad in the combo department, so I cant really talk for how good or bad u.air-ing. I'd like to think it would work, but I cant say for sure.

U.tilt is always a good option, imo. Sets em up for other stuff.

Bullet Bill

Smash Master
It is annoying that you can't chainthrow Marth. And even if you can't uair combo that well (like me) you can always do a quick fair. It's a short combo but it does a fair amount of damage.

St. Viers

Smash Champion
^ah, okay. Sorry man, no offence taken, I hope?
I read this real late, and I assumed intent that wasn't there.

Top Bottom