• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

So I've decided to try out R.O.B: I love him.

IxxI

Smash Fence
His offstagegame is so awesome. Fairs are awesome for gimping. And Nair is crazy for getting back on-stage. The projectiles are great. Gyro glide toss>ANYTHING is fun to do. Overall, he's just too fun to play as and an all around great character.

DRaGZ

Smash Champion
Cool.

You'll find that at a higher level of play he's somewhat stressful to play properly since a lot of his game becomes dependent on excellent spacing, but it's really rewarding.

Nintendevil

Smash Ace
Cool.

You'll find that at a higher level of play he's somewhat stressful to play properly since a lot of his game becomes dependent on excellent spacing, but it's really rewarding.
This. It's been said a lot but he's almost exactly like Samus in Melee.

Ftilt for spacing, Utilt for combos, their own slide (initiated by a Down B.) Two projectiles, great recovery, Nair is a KO move, Uair for damage. Just freaky.

WarmSoda

Smash Apprentice
His offstagegame is so awesome. Fairs are awesome for gimping. And Nair is crazy for getting back on-stage. The projectiles are great. Gyro glide toss>ANYTHING is fun to do. Overall, he's just too fun to play as and an all around great character.
Welcome home.

SwastikaPyle

Smash Ace
Exact same experience.

I think I'm a ROB player for life now.

His tilts are amazing, his recovery, projectiles, whatever. The only thing he somwhat lacks is killing power, and I don't even care.

I didn't WANT to love him, but I have to now -.-

smasher?o.0

Smash Journeyman
he is really fun but
as dragz said
hard at high levels
(rob also has considerate amount of lag)

zzz99

Smash Apprentice
ROB is harder to play once you play better people...but he's just so much FUN to play i don't even care anymore xDDD

WarmSoda

Smash Apprentice
Exact same experience.

I think I'm a ROB player for life now.

His tilts are amazing, his recovery, projectiles, whatever. The only thing he somwhat lacks is killing power, and I don't even care.

I didn't WANT to love him, but I have to now -.-
It's the ROB Charm. Don't fight it.

soloSHADOWROB

Smash Journeyman
Its funny cuz when the game first came out and I unlocked ROB I was like wtf who would use this character, a few weeks after I played a random free for all match and I was ROB and I rapped so ever since that day I made him my main lol.

ShadyEagle7

Smash Rookie
I always loved ROB, even when he was announced. I played as him almost immediately. Even after trying other characters, I came back to him.

ROB FTW!

CJTHeroofTime

Smash Lord
Played him since the second day of brawl ( I was over my friends Day 1, so I didnt unlock him til Day 2). I almost picked Mk lol.

Jamnt0ast

Smash Journeyman
One of the main things that lured me into ROB was his Bair. It is probably my favorite move in the entire game. Used well it has SOOO many spacing options and can be used to follow people when they are returning to the stage. :D <3 ROB

frdagaa

Smash Journeyman
Samus main in Melee, here. Tried her in Brawl, got disgusted, then switched to the REAL mechanical beast.

I just like having projectiles; I want to feel like I've always got a way to hit them, even if they're miles away. Sniper kills are greater than life itself.

jjvirus

Smash Champion
I was just drawn to ROB...first it was Lucario but I didn't like him...so I just started picking ROB for no reason and now I use him :)

But now I wonder, if I love how ROB plays as far as his gameplay..why da hell did I use Ganon in Melee? X_X

CJTHeroofTime

Smash Lord
One of the main things that lured me into ROB was his Bair. It is probably my favorite move in the entire game. Used well it has SOOO many spacing options and can be used to follow people when they are returning to the stage. :D <3 ROB
Also, it is incredible for punishing rolls. And punishing anyone who tries to drop from the ledge to challenge ROB offstage... stagespike!

Top Bottom