• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

So Ike is the first __________ character in Smash Bros series. (PoR & RD spoilers)

Wu Tang Gang

Smash Ace
And since lots of other people discriminate against a certain group of people, that makes it the right thing to do, yeah?

Forget about the fact that gay marriage isn't allowed in most places in America (for the record, to my knowledge, there are still a fair amount of states that allow it), forget about the slang term for gay, forget about what everyone else's opinion on gay people is and just THINK FOR YOURSELF.

Now, honestly, does it make any sense at all to look down on someone who literally just has one different preference than you?

P.S. Outlawing things that make you fat? No. America as a whole is just trying to be healthier. Being fat isn't a bad thing; being obese to the point of negatively effecting your health is.
The literal image is quite disgusting. Would you want to see a man kissing another man? The only kind of gay I approve of, is lesbians and female bi/trisexuality.

Micahc

Smash Ace
The literal image is quite disgusting. Would you want to see a man kissing another man? The only kind of gay I approve of, is lesbians and female bi/trisexuality.
I lol'd. Why do people fight with a hugely sarcastic troll? It's like arguing with a speaker, it just spouts out crap and leaves you pissed.

iron blade

Smash Ace
Just because you don't like gay people doesn't give you the right to rant and discriminate them. Personally, I oppose gays as well but you don't see me insulting them.

Wu Tang Gang

Smash Ace
I lol'd. Why do people fight with a hugely sarcastic troll? It's like arguing with a speaker, it just spouts out crap and leaves you pissed.
Actually, I was making fun of the idea in egeneral in the first place and had admitted it. Someone was being an idiot, made a new account, then called me out. So then, I returned back to ignorant self and challenged him in a lulz fest.

By the way, you WIN for saying crap and pissed in the same sentence.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Not liking the "image" isn't a good reason to call gay people "vile". Especially since the you freely admit that you have no problem with homosexuality itself since you don't mind lesbians; you just think gay guys are disgusting.

. . . Trisexuality?

the kilt

Smash Rookie
Oops, accidentally double posted. But on the "Ike is gay" subject, I'd have to say no, he's not gay. There is no cold, hard evidence pronouncing his sexuality. One may speculate all one wants to, but that doesn't make it near to the truth.

Hejiru

Smash Ace
I certainly wouldn't, but if they want to, what right do we have to stop them? That's their choice, not ours to make for them. What if you were making out with your girlfriend and a gay guy comes up to you and tells you to stop because he finds it disgusting. You have to look at it from another perspective.

What I'm saying is, I see a man kissing another man as nasty, but I support people having free choices. People have no right to blast them just becaue they don't like it and think it's wrong.

trisexuality
o_O

EDreams

Smash Journeyman
Oops, accidentally double posted. But on the "Ike is gay" subject, I'd have to say no, he's not gay. There is no cold, hard evidence pronouncing his sexuality. One may speculate all one wants to, but that doesn't make it near to the truth.
Therefore, he can be gay. There's no evidence he's gay, right? Then there's no evidence of the contrary either. It's all up to interpretation.

Saying "Nuh-uh! There's no way he can possibly be gay ever!" is ridiculous. Even if there was canonical and blatant het endings, and even if the only character he ever loved in game was a female (neither of those apply to Ike, by the way), there's still such a thing as bisexuality.

Hejiru

Smash Ace
Therefore, he can be gay. There's no evidence he's gay, right? Then there's no evidence of the contrary either. It's all up to interpretation.

Saying "Nuh-uh! There's no way he can possibly be gay ever!" is ridiculous.
He shows a romantic interet in Princess Elincia.

And don't post here if you havent played the game. Ike is certainly not gay.

Wu Tang Gang

Smash Ace
I certainly wouldn't, but if they want to, what right do we have to stop them? That's their choice, not ours to make for them. What if you were making out with your girlfriend and a gay guy comes up to you and tells you to stop because he finds it disgusting. You have to look at it from another perspective.

What I'm saying is, I see a man kissing another man as nasty, but I support people having free choices. People have no right to blast them just becaue they don't like it and think it's wrong.

o_O
If some gay guy did that, I'd probably slap him accross the face.
Not liking the "image" isn't a good reason to call gay people "vile". Especially since the you freely admit that you have no problem with homosexuality itself since you don't mind lesbians; you just think gay guys are disgusting.

. . . Trisexuality?
Yes, I think gay guys are disgusting, vile, evil, and inhumane.

Oh, and trisexuality is when you pork women, **** men, and screw yourself.

EDreams

Smash Journeyman
He shows a romantic interet in Princess Elincia.
Bisexuality exists. I've heard this "Well, he showed romantic interest in a female character, he must be straight and nothing else" stuff before and it doesn't hold water.

And don't post here if you havent played the game. Ike is certainly not gay.
Says who? This is the kind of ignorance and homophobia I'm talking about.

The fun is in speculating. In Fire Emblem, at least, it can be canon, but who cares if it isn't? There's no proof he's gay/bisexual and there's no proof he's not gay/bisexual. It doesn't matter.

It's up to interpetation. Lighten up, don't take people's personal viewpoints on a character so seriously as if his sexuality is the most important part of him.

Wu Tang Gang

Smash Ace
Bisexuality exists. I've heard this "Well, he showed romantic interest in a female character, he must be straight and nothing else" stuff before and it doesn't hold water.

The fun is in speculating. In Fire Emblem, at least, it can be canon, but who cares if it isn't? There's no proof he's gay/bisexual and there's no proof he's not gay/bisexual. It doesn't matter.

It's up to interpetation. Lighten up, don't take people's personal viewpoints on a character so seriously as if his sexuality is the most important part of him.
Sexuality DOES count. It shows who he feels for(pun not intended), if he's going to heaven, and whether he has kids or not.

Wu Tang Gang

Smash Ace
That's from something...

Hitchhiker's Guide maybe?

There's no Christianity in the FE universe, so there's no heaven.
If some gay guy did that, I'd probably slap him accross the face.

Yes, I think gay guys are disgusting, vile, evil, and inhumane.

Oh, and trisexuality is when you pork women, **** men, and screw yourself.
Nope, it's a real word. Even look it up. In my dictionary, it has a picture of Paris Hilton right next to the definition.

Hejiru

Smash Ace

ON WHAT GROUNDS IS HE GAY?!!?! Geez....

He NEVER gave any reason to suspect he was gay. Even if you look at the conversation between him and Soren that many people use to call Ike gay, its Soren that seems more gay than Ike, and that's not even at all. Soren considers Ike his only friend, after he was beaten and abused, and Ike saved his life. I hate how peopl can't have friends without someone going "OMG UR GAY!!"
/rant

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
He shows a romantic interest in Princess Elincia.
No. Not really. He shows about just as much intrest as he does in Soren's conversation. Frankly, I think he's just asexual.

BTW this homophobia is seriously annoying and un-called for. Gay people aren't neccesarily evil. In fact, most gay guys are actually kind people.

Biggie Smalls

Smash Lord
No. Not really. He shows about just as much intrest as he does in Soren's conversation. Frankly, I think he's just asexual.

BTW this homophobia is seriously annoying and un-called for. Gay people aren't neccesarily evil. In fact, most gay guys are actually kind people.
Oh yeah?!?! Zangeif from Street Fighter was a russian bad guy and it's been proven he doesn't like pretty women! Also, have you ever noticed Magneto wears TIGHT TIGHT pants? These aren't coincidences. Oh, and for further reference, I said I was joking a million times.

Deathparasol

Smash Journeyman
The question is, do you know where you are? HMMM?
The overbearing homophobia makes this thread hard to return to...

But there is no kissing in the game. At all. Because that would be a little odd, as the characters aren't animated like that.

Even support convos like Boyd/Mist or Jill/Haar didn't really make you think they were gonna get married. (although they are nice pairings.)

Like, in the A Boyd/Mist convo (which I never got because I never used Mist XD) Mist is crying about something and Boyd consoles her. (sound familiar?)

Now, appearances have no role in determining sexuality. Just because Ike is all manly-like don't mean nothing. While we're on Street Fighter comparisons, Vega was straight wasn't he?

Aaaand...playing through PoR it seems that the tone that Ike takes toward Elincia is "Well, you're the employer."

If anyone is interested, the fan translation of the hidden Ike/Soren convo exists, and predictably it's different from NoA's translation.

By the way, Elincia gets married to Geoffrey at the end of Radiant Dawn (with A support of course). I did not expect it, as well, Captain of the guardxQueen pairing? Now that is really is fairy tale-like. But I actually liked that pairing for it's fairy tale-ishness.

(Radiant Dawn) Soren: Ike, you're my guiding light!

XDDDDD No seriously.

But no matter what anyone says, there are two camps. One who believes IkexSoren is canon, and the one that doesn't believe so. (the one that I personally think will only give in if they did the nasty in a cutscene lawlz.)

This topic seems to be offtopic and misunderstanding of homosexuality... :/

Cless

Smash Champion
Ike hasn't been and never will be a prince.

Geoffrey was mad in love with Elincia and they grew up together. Just throwing that out there.

Vega is a huge narcissist and he's sadistic. That's about all. They never really go into sexuality in Street Fighter except for Eagle, and I don't feel like checking my Street Fighter compendium to see what it says about Vega.

Deathparasol

Smash Journeyman
The question is, do you know where you are? HMMM?
Whoa, I'm back, sooner than usual. But why...?

But Soren IS a prince. Heir to the throne. I want the conversation in which they find that out. Gah. Evidently the game is full of stuff that you can only find out after doing something really specific. Something about if you attack Micaiah with Soren or something...? Anyone know anything about that? Heard it was an interesting little chat.

I thought Vega had some creepy attraction to Chun-Li? Or is that only in that one anime movie thing I saw a long time ago? Meh. He probably is only in love with himself. Point still stands. Not all gay guys look effeminate.

I like the endings for this game actually.

On topic: IkexSoren= OTP.

Windlord

Smash Journeyman
I really don't give a crap about this topic but I'm getting sick of seeing the word "homophobia"

Just cause you think homosexuality is wrong doesn't mean your a homophobe. I'm sure you all know Phobia= fear, and I don't get scared when I think of homosexuality or homosexuals. Heck I had a homosexual friend for awhile even, but I by no means agree with it or find it acceptable.

the kilt

Smash Rookie

Saying "Nuh-uh! There's no way he can possibly be gay ever!" is ridiculous. Even if there was canonical and blatant het endings, and even if the only character he ever loved in game was a female (neither of those apply to Ike, by the way), there's still such a thing as bisexuality.
Yes, Ike can definitely be homosexual, heterosexual, or bisexual. None of us will know until something official is put out about is sexuality. I never said there was "no way he can possibly be gay ever," I was just commenting on the last opinion I saw that said he was gay. But all this speculation is just that, speculation, and it doesn't seem like Nintendo will officially pronounce Ike's sexuality since he left mysteriously with Soren.

xzakcorex

Smash Journeyman
I really don't give a crap about this topic but I'm getting sick of seeing the word "homophobia"

Just cause you think homosexuality is wrong doesn't mean your a homophobe. I'm sure you all know Phobia= fear, and I don't get scared when I think of homosexuality or homosexuals. Heck I had a homosexual friend for awhile even, but I by no means agree with it or find it acceptable.
Just playing the devil's advocate here...
pho·bi·a (fō'bē-ə) n.

1. A persistent, abnormal, and irrational fear of a specific thing or situation that compels one to avoid it, despite the awareness and reassurance that it is not dangerous.
<b> 2. A strong fear, dislike, or aversion.</b>

WurmTheory

Smash Cadet
Really, when it comes down to the simplest level, the only difference between heterosexuals and homosexuals is romantic and sexual preference, which is really no ones business to begin with (even though we've been psychologically programed from a young age to think it is, but I won't go into thatt). I think it's pretty neat that there is someone representing the homosexual community in Smash. We already have characters representing Males, Females, Turtles, Psychics, Astronauts, Lizards, Pink Balls of Fluff, Penguins (at least, I think Dedede is a penguin... he sure looks like one), Monkeys, Foxes, and Eskimos, why not Homosexuals!?

The_Corax_King

Smash Lord
This is the biggest waste of the thread I have ever seen...

"representing homosexuals"? that is the dumbest thing i have ever heard...

why would nintendo even bother delving into sexuality?

omg bisexuals need representation as well... and transexuals... and disabled people... and hispanics... and jews...

In fact... why don't we put all real world issues in brawl...?

Iraq and an abortion clinic can be stages... Hillary and McCain can be playable characters... with Bill Clinton and Bush as assists...

WurmTheory

Smash Cadet
I was joking, but I guess you didn't catch that.

It is, however, amusing to see such a serious flamed response to something obviously not serious. XD

MR.WIGZ

Smash Ace
This is the biggest waste of the thread I have ever seen...

"representing homosexuals"? that is the dumbest thing i have ever heard...

why would nintendo even bother delving into sexuality?

omg bisexuals need representation as well... and transexuals... and disabled people... and hispanics... and jews...

In fact... why don't we put all real world issues in brawl...?

Iraq and an abortion clinic can be stages... Hillary and McCain can be playable characters... with Bill Clinton and Bush as assists...
I think we do need more colored characters in brawl, every character is either white or asian....

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Mr. Game and Watch is black.
Or red, or green, or blue. HE IS THE ALL PURPOSE RACE.

Really though.

We got Ganondorf, and if you want to count them, Sheik and Peach's Daisy costume, but other than that, everyone is white, asian, or not human. Which, all things considered, it pretty decent. I don't know many other notable non-white/asian characters we could scrounge up for Brawl.

Alphanova

Smash Cadet
My f'ing gawd, there's no definitive proof that Ike is heterosexual, bisexual, or homosexual. the homophobia in this thread is disgusting. Has anyone got to thinking, could link be gay? could Falco be gay? Could f'ing captain falcon be gay?? You can never know, because there isn't really any proof of any sexuality described in these characters.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
My f'ing gawd, there's no definitive proof that Ike is heterosexual, bisexual, or homosexual. the homophobia in this thread is disgusting. Has anyone got to thinking, could link be gay? could Falco be gay? Could f'ing captain falcon be gay?? You can never know, because there isn't really any proof of any sexuality described in these characters.
That must be, like, the fourth or fifth time I've seen someone say something to the effect of "the homophobia in this thread is disgusting" with next to no foundation for it.

As far as I can tell, Wu Tang is the only person in here who's actually said anything blatantly homophobic. And even he could just be shootin' his mouth off for all I know. Most of the posts I've read in here have either been "I don't care, Ike is still badass" or "close this thread because it's not related to Smash".

Fearthesmash

Smash Apprentice
Having played through both the relevant fire emblem games, getting every relationship ending avalible.

It is entirely possible to conclude Ike is homosexual. However in 72/73 cases he is generally believed to be straight and very much sticks to the earlier refrenced "friendship above all, brushes off girls" attitude which is not uncommon in manga.

what overall relevance does his optional sexuality have on the game? Absolutely none.

Alphanova

Smash Cadet
That must be, like, the fourth or fifth time I've seen someone say something to the effect of "the homophobia in this thread is disgusting" with next to no foundation for it.

As far as I can tell, Wu Tang is the only person in here who's actually said anything blatantly homophobic. And even he could just be shootin' his mouth off for all I know. Most of the posts I've read in here have either been "I don't care, Ike is still badass" or "close this thread because it's not related to Smash".
I agree, i even said wu tang was the only homophobe here once, but the uprising of a universal gay: right or wrong debate in the last couple pages, despite the fact that this topic has zero to do with brawl anyway, really got under my skin. I'm just saying that "any of these characters could be gay, why does it matter?"

vato_break

Smash Master
I agree, i even said wu tang was the only homophobe here once, but the uprising of a universal gay: right or wrong debate in the last couple pages, despite the fact that this topic has zero to do with brawl anyway, really got under my skin. I'm just saying that "any of these characters could be gay, why does it matter?"
most homophobes are homos themselves
but any way i dont think it matters if any character is a gay
i used marth and he was homoish

Top Bottom