• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

So Ike is the first __________ character in Smash Bros series. (PoR & RD spoilers)

Donkey_Kong

Smash Cadet
Honestly, Doki Mario Bros. 2 was a better game than Super Lost Level Bros. I'm glad we got that instead of Mario 2: Th Expansion Pack.

xzakcorex

Smash Journeyman
Funny how this thread jumped from "Implications IF Ike was the first homosexual character in Smash Bros. history" to "100 reason why Ike can't be gay!!1!! (Oh, don't flame Yoshi)". [chin_rub]

Donkey_Kong

Smash Cadet
I really don't know which is worse. The fact that I'm arguing on an internet messageboard how a fictional blue-haired swordsman and a talking green dinosaur can't be gay, or the fact that you two are arguing on an internet messageboard how a fictional blue-haired swordsman and a talking green dinosaur can be gay.

**** this, I need to play a video game.

Cless

Smash Champion
I think the possibility exists without the need for random fan pairing logic. Do I think it's conclusive? No.

I'm talking about Ike btw.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
**** this, I need to play a video game.
Most mature thing you've said all thread. Playing a video game is always a good idea. By all means, go for it.

Anyway, I've been trying to do a little more research on Ike and I'm coming up kind of empty. Anyone know where to see any kind of video of this conversation? I know it's in japanese so it probably won't be very beneficial, but I'd still like to see it.

Donkey_Kong

Smash Cadet
You really have no say in a discussion of maturity when you've been defending the homosexual nature of Yoshi the Dinosaur.

Rakath

Smash Ace
Donkey_Kong: Honestly, I'm straight, an incredibly effeminate straight often mistaken for gay. However I find your idea of their being straight more likely than their being gay rather rude. I mean, I rightly doubt that a you've met more straight fictional blue-haired swordsmen and talking green dinosaurs than you've met gay fictional blue-haired swordsmen and talking green dinosaurs. If you honestly don't care on the subject, stop posting here in this thread.

While it is true there is no definite evidence proving either one is gay. In turn you can't possibly bring any evidence to the table proving either one is straight either. In fact, when it comes to Yoshi, we're short of proof he's got a gender and that calling him by a male pronoun is nothing more than 'more polite than a gender neutral pronoun'.

AlphaDragoon2002

Smash Ace
NNID
AlphaDragoon02
First off, Ike isn't gay. Soren may very well be though, and it wouldn't be a surprise if he was.

Secondly, even if he was it wouldn't change a thing.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
You really have no say in a discussion of maturity when you've been defending the homosexual nature of Yoshi the Dinosaur.
The topic itself has nothing to do with maturity. I'm not calling you immature for the opinions you've expressed in this thread; I'm calling you immature for they way you went about expressing them. You got very upset at my posts, despite the fact that I never insulted you once. Essentially (and you even stated this yourself), you got angry at me for the opinion I have. This is, without a doubt, immature.

I think Yoshi has a higher likelihood of being gay than many other characters. I think that Ike could potentially be gay given that there seem to be very slight hints in that favor, and none in the other (from what I'm being told here and what I've found searching the internet). Nothing definitive, I'm just seeing possible implications.

You disagree. That's okay, but you didn't have to attack me to get that point across.

My posts are getting too long-winded. I get the feeling your probably don't read half of what I'm saying anyway so I'll try to keep it short and sweet in the future.

Windlord

Smash Journeyman
Gosh... not this again.

first off I'm a huge FE fan I've beat all four american titles (RD was amazing) and there was NEVER concrete evidence of Ike being gay, the only homosexual in RD is Heather.

pretty much if you want him to be gay, think however you want, but imo opinion he's about as gay as 007.

lastly if you've beat RD then you would know that in the end Ike goes off "by himself" no gay lover by the name of Soren goes with him.

Marthgreil

Smash Journeyman
Ike's sexuality is whatever IS wanted it to be. Why should it matter? He is a great unit and a good character (hopefully) in Brawl. To not use him because of his orientation is to be a stupid idiot.

ALSO, in HP Ron and Harry left Hogwarts together, does that make them gay?

PrettyGoodYear

Smash Lord
Ike's sexuality is whatever IS wanted it to be. Why should it matter? He is a great unit and a good character (hopefully) in Brawl. To not use him because of his orientation is to be a stupid idiot.

It was a different context. AND, they've had girlfriends/are married... Did Ike get any girls?

Micahc

Smash Ace
Or Ike and Soren could just be heterosexual life partners with no interest in dating...

Suoinegni

Smash Apprentice
I haven't played RD yet... seeing as how I don't have a Wii, but I've played through PoR several times, and if anyone's homosexual, it would have to be Soren. People read too much into the "best friends > relationship" thing. Ike and Soren are like Turk and JD from Scrubs.

Jeremy092387

Smash Cadet
I really don't see Ike being gay. Sure, in his endings he doesn't meet up with a woman(To my knowledge.) I know he wouldn't be with Elincia, mainly because he doesn't want anything to do with nobility. He seemed to have some feelings for her, but nothing big, and he just doesn't like the creepy shop lady.:laugh:

Soren does have a deep admiration for Ike, mainly because he feels Ike is the only one that accepts him.(Because of what he is.) Soren feels close to Ike, but Ike never really says anything to hint that same deep admiration, just friends. Some could see it as feelings of romance from eachother, but I really don't see it. I seriously doubt that Ike is a homosexual, but I guess that is up to the player.(Fangirls especially:ohwell:)

I really don't see Ike being gay.

Wu Tang Gang

Smash Ace

I'm an idiot eh? Just because you're pro-gay doesn't mean anyone else who isn't is an idiot, jerk.
But that... that would be lame. Ike being gay is cooler.
You shouldn't joke on such a serious matter.

Cless

Smash Champion
But it's not a serious matter. It's fictional character's questionable sexuality. It doesn't change who Ike is in the slightest.

Cless

Smash Champion
Or they were mid to low tier. I don't remember anymore, but they weren't high tier is my point. Also, tell that to ChuDat. Not everyone is a closed minded as you are.

tirkaro

Smash Champion
Of Course! It's against God's will! He does not want gays, ***s, and etc. in this world! I, myself, make fun of them and call people ***gots alot, because I don't like them (much like the majority of the world). The only kind of it people care for, is female gayness, or female bisexuality, or hell even trisexuality!
for the record, are you at all related to Shirley Phelps Roper? (the lady in this video) if so, I say to get the hell off my internets, you sexist.

Wu Tang Gang

Smash Ace
What video have you seen Ice Climbers used in for Competitive Play?

By The Way, if the guys who voted for Ike knew this, I GUARANTEE YOU, they would of voted for someone else.

tirkaro

Smash Champion
I am not, and how is being against ***gots sexist? At least know what the word means before using it.
well you sure as hell sound like her. And yes, being so outspokenly against gay people is sexist. you're insulting/judging people based on thier sex. in this case, its homosexuality. Basically, you think if people aren't straight, they're just mistakes walking on the face of this earth. and that what makes you a friggin' sexist.

Cless

Smash Champion
Don't just make random assumptions. The poll was largely based in Japan where the hints in FE9 and FE10 are less subtle.

ChuDat uses the Ice Climbers.

well you sure as hell sound like her. And yes, being so outspokenly against gay people is sexist. you're insulting/judging people based on thier sex. in this case, its homosexuality. Basically, you think if people aren't straight, they're just mistakes walking on the face of this earth. and that what makes you a friggin' sexist.
Sexism refers to gender.

kunai_abuser

Smash Journeyman
Ike isn't going to meet Zamus in SSE and go "Ew" Soren would have to be in the game, which is not happening, to expand on the topic.

Superninjabreadman

Smash Lord
As posted by measured, here are some examples:
-ignored it when a cute pegasus knight hit on him
-been completely oblivious that Elincia loves him,
-didn't do the hot catgirl who wanted him
-insulted and ran away from the hot salesgirl who wanted him...and hid in Soren's room.
-has no female endings, despite many girls wanting him
Maybe Hes one of those guys that isnt all like "OMG GET IN MAH PANTZ BEKUZ UR HOTT AND IM HOTT. lOLOLOLOL LETS MAEK BAEBES" everey time a girl hits on him.

Seriously. just because a guy dosent do a girl, dosent make him gay or homo.

Maybe Ike is one of those guys who is actualy modest?

Cless

Smash Champion
Well, the topic was originally about how Ike would be the first homosexual character in smash. It then went to debating Ike's sexual preferences, and now it's gone to this.

Maybe Hes one of those guys that isnt all like "OMG GET IN MAH PANTZ BEKUZ UR HOTT AND IM HOTT. lOLOLOLOL LETS MAEK BAEBES" everey time a girl hits on him.

Seriously. just because a guy dosent do a girl, dosent make him gay or homo.

Maybe Ike is one of those guys who is actualy modest?
I still think it's largely because Ike is sexually immature. Everything isn't always so black and white, but the possibility does exist.

Top Bottom