• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

So Ike is the first __________ character in Smash Bros series. (PoR & RD spoilers)

RedMage8BT

Smash Lord
If Ike is homosexual, what does that matter? It doesn't make him any less awesome. No other character has displayed any sexuality either way (except maybe Snake), so it won't affect anything.

Fugitive Panda

Smash Rookie
Ike is completely asexual. Judging by his dialog and overall attitude in his games, I doubt he has any intention to ever have a relationship ever. Although if he ever were too, it would probably be with Soren.

Smash Ace
after FE10, he leaves, never to be seen again.
(if certain conditions are met, Soren goes with him, but that's only for fools who give Ike and Soren a support bond. Soren is way too much his own man in that game)
Soren on the other hand, has like 4 different things he can d, the only one I remember being living the rest of his dark secluded days in a prison camp err... branded colony.

=2007=

Torchik

Smash Ace
Okay, completely off-topic but I have to say: Cless, I love your sig. Don't know why, but it's cool.

Ugh, I can't believe I'm posting in this thread...Ike isn't homosexual. He probably won't have any relationships, if he does it won't be with Soren or any other male. Maybe Mia or Elincia or something. Doesn't matter anyway. Last post in this thread, unless I see another awesome sig or I have to own someone who's going to argue.

Dragnil

Smash Cadet
Seriously I think i saw same support chat thing and I don't think that he is homosexual :urg: he is part of a war team and when you are in those you get close to the people you are fighting with, not close like love, but more like a brotherhood.

(edit)

sorry didn't see last post.:ohwell:

Musica Amante

Smash Apprentice
I like how girls can be affectionate towards girls and no one gives a ****.

But if a guy is affectionate towards a guy it means they're 'auto-gay'.

Are people really that afraid of platonic love? Love isn't always sexual.

It's no surprise that true 'brotherhood' is dead.

In many non-western cultures (japan included) platonic love between men is still strong in culture.

Even in Japan it's in TV and their cartoons. But people in the west react to this two ways;

The conservative shotgun-cocking rednecks who hate everything foreign go "lol, gay! wtf!"

And the liberal Gaia-kids who get-off to going against the grain go "omg! yaoi! japan is so pro-gay! ^-^"

Both are just beyond ********.

OrlanduEX

Smash Lord
I like how girls can be affectionate towards girls and no one gives a ****.

But if a guy is affectionate towards a guy it means they're 'auto-gay'.

Are people really that afraid of platonic love? Love isn't always sexual.

It's no surprise that true 'brotherhood' is dead.

In many non-western cultures (japan included) platonic love between men is still strong in culture.

Even in Japan it's in TV and their cartoons. But people in the west react to this two ways;

The conservative shotgun-cocking rednecks who hate everything foreign go "lol, gay! wtf!"

And the liberal Gaia-kids who get-off to going against the grain go "omg! yaoi! japan is so pro-gay! ^-^"

Both are just beyond ********.
This post contains so much f***ing truth.

Dragnil

Smash Cadet
I'm not saying that i'm against it, I'm just saying that I really don't think that Ike is like that. And really why does this matter to the Smash Bros. world.:confused:

Titan05

Smash Journeyman
I agree with most of the above posts.
Americans have this amazing ability to polarize society on all issues.
You are either pro-choice or pro-life, pro-gay or anti-gay, pro-republican or pro-democrat.
Its no surprise therefore, that any sort of "brotherly" relationship in a video game would be considered homosexual. Ladies and Gents, thats not the case.

Shame on you for perpetuating this belief, people!
If some conservative, "family" oriented organization gets a hold of these kinds of posts, Brawl will be out of a few 100 thousand copies.

As for the subject, itself. I don't think it should be that taboo. As for Ike himself, true or not (if you look at the second page some guy actually confirmed its not), it doesn't really change anything for me.

Althalus89

Smash Cadet
Oh other countries do it too, just with different issues.
Absolutly now we shouldn't discuss about culture differences or political things here because I KNOW that any human being with any sense whatsoever wouldn't vote for Bush but somehow he got the president post? It says something about the current state of the ppl there, then we can all go bak and look at mistakes of many European countries. So let's drop this subject okay?

HOWEVER I think this talk about Ike being gay is much like some person confirmed here simply the same as Naruto's & Gaara's relationships, Naruto/Ike have been the only true friend to Gaara/Soren. It's so obvious this is a real close friendship so why does it have to be a gay relation? No reason whatesoever. As for the facts that Ike even want to come with Lethe to Gallia at the end of RD I think well wouldn't that be a more interesting aspect because she says she'll be looking forward to it. It's just a hint but it's much more likely since Soren and Ike both states that they are FRIENDS, CLOSE FRIENDS and that's all they want while Lethe is more subtle with wat she's after and that is more a flirty signal because otherwise she might've said something like "Ike you were the beorc that changed they way I see beorc" that would've been more like a friendship line I think atleast.

As my final word IF I'm wrong and Ike & Soren have a relationship it's still possible for him to be with a woman? Can't ppla count here? 1+1=2 by that I mean he might be bisexual? Anyone thought of that? He might be into both girls and guys it's simply what CHARACTER/PERSON he falls in love with rather than the sex...

Althalus89

Smash Cadet
Oh other countries do it too, just with different issues.
Absolutly now we shouldn't discuss about culture differences or political things here because I KNOW that any human being with any sense whatsoever wouldn't vote for Bush but somehow he got the president post? It says something about the current state of the ppl there, then we can all go bak and look at mistakes of many European countries. So let's drop this subject okay?

HOWEVER I think this talk about Ike being gay is much like some person confirmed here simply the same as Naruto's & Gaara's relationships, Naruto/Ike have been the only true friend to Gaara/Soren. It's so obvious this is a real close friendship so why does it have to be a gay relation? No reason whatesoever.
As for the facts that Ike even want to come with Lethe to Gallia at the end of RD I think well wouldn't that be a more interesting aspect because she says she'll be looking forward to it? It's just a hint but it's much more likely since Soren and Ike both states that they are FRIENDS, CLOSE FRIENDS and that's all they want while Lethe is more subtle with wat she's after and that is more a flirty signal because otherwise she might've said something like: "Ike...you were the beorc that changed they way I see beorc" that would've been more like a friendship line I think atleast.

As my final word IF I'm wrong and Ike & Soren have a relationship it's still possible for him to be with a woman? Can't ppl count here? 1+1=2 by that I mean he might be bisexual? Anyone thought of that? He might be into both girls and guys it's simply what CHARACTER/PERSON he falls in love with rather than the sex...because if he can fall in love with a woman or a man that means bisexual right?

D

Deleted member

If you followed Ike and Soren completely though, there's nothing gay about them. Ashnard meets Amrita and abuses her power as a black dragon, ashnard tries to get a child from her for more power abuse, but neither her nor the son had any special powers so he ditched them. The son being Soren of course.

Ike meets Soren abandoned in Gallia, but Soren won't go anywhere with him. The next day, Greil goes berserk and kills a lot of people. Ike goes north to Crimea, and Soren follows them, but they don't meet up for a long time. In this time, Soren learns language, magic, and mannerisms. Then he finds and joins the mercenary group and continues to be Ike's friend through player support conversations, Ike's memory scene, and a few rare base conversations. There are no hints to ike being gay in any way. Heather on the other hand...

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
I think it's implied that Ike and Soren are gay.

But so what if he is? He is still a bad ***. But it's kinda funny that everyone calls Marth a fairy when he is the one with a gf in his game pretty much. LOL.

Cless

Smash Champion
People only call Marth a fairy because of ignorance and the tiara. I stand by my claim that Ike is sexually unaware or does not care at all.

Windlord

Smash Journeyman
If you followed Ike and Soren completely though, there's nothing gay about them. Ashnard meets Amrita and abuses her power as a black dragon, ashnard tries to get a child from her for more power abuse, but neither her nor the son had any special powers so he ditched them. The son being Soren of course.

Ike meets Soren abandoned in Gallia, but Soren won't go anywhere with him. The next day, Greil goes berserk and kills a lot of people. Ike goes north to Crimea, and Soren follows them, but they don't meet up for a long time. In this time, Soren learns language, magic, and mannerisms. Then he finds and joins the mercenary group and continues to be Ike's friend through player support conversations, Ike's memory scene, and a few rare base conversations. There are no hints to ike being gay in any way. Heather on the other hand...
I agree Heather is the only character I've ever seen in the american games that seemed homo in the slightest.

People only call Marth a fairy because of ignorance and the tiara. I stand by my claim that Ike is sexually unaware or does not care at all.
I agree with the latter.

ThreeX

Smash Lord
Wow, is that true? I actually find that to be quite ironic. Ike is such a rugged manly kick *** character, Marth on the other hand...
LMFAO @ THIS POST XDDD i know where your coming from though, ike does look like a real bad ***, and i used to always rag on my friend's that used to play marth, calling him a fruit because of his tiara, and ankle warmers.

WFL

Smash Journeyman
I knew Ike was gay and now when someone is playing him and I say that he is gay they'll try to argue against it, but they can't.

SmashBro99

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4957-2747-2945
So I haven't played any FE games, but this really doesn't matter.

Ike is still badass in my eyes either way.

I laugh at anyone that looks at him differently now, especially if you originally a fan.

And who said Sonic was gay? Lol.

blueriku

Smash Journeyman
Whose to say Yoshi isn't a female? If I recall correctly, didn't Birdo used to be male but then was changed to female to avoid the issue?
actually NOA for some reason keeps changing his sexuality(mostly female) he is really male you can look it up he referred to as a male in japan, here in America at first birdo was a female to avoid controversy but in the most recent game i think its strikers like nothing rhymes with circus say birdo is referred as a boy. so possible NOA decided to say screw it and keep birdo his original sex.

as for ike being homosexual all i really have to say about that is....so

Chowmein987

Smash Rookie
i have conformation guys, its a circlet. Fire Emblem OVA. LOL. but hell ike is pretty savage gay or not. he just obviously doesnt seem gay. ill play him either way

Althalus89

Smash Cadet
Yes of course,he might be bisexual, I've said it like 3 timesbut ppl seem to be a bit blind unable to read my post :SPpl might not want the truth, same for some other posts similiar to mine that are quite detailed, ppl ignore them :S

Cless

Smash Champion
i have conformation guys, its a circlet. Fire Emblem OVA. LOL. but hell ike is pretty savage gay or not. he just obviously doesnt seem gay. ill play him either way
It's not a circlet; it's his sister's tiara. Circlets are worn around your forehead anyway. Not in your hair.

RoK the Reaper

Smash Lord
I'm really REALLY Ike is not gay. With Roy being out of the game, and me hating Marth to the point it isn't stupid (Roy's reason for not being in the game), Ike is the closet thing for me to main. And my Crew would never live the **** down if I played a homo character, ughhhhh. I'm gettin' Owned here.

Cless

Smash Champion
Well, I didn't want to say anything, but he is from Texas. Can't really blame him specifically for the culture there.

Kirby knight

Smash Lord
Not one person can say Ike is 100% straight.
Not one person can say Ike is 100% gay.

Unless Nintendo says something in the matter.

I'm honestly surprised this thread is still up to be honest.

-Knight

RoK the Reaper

Smash Lord
Then your crew is bunch of prejudice close minded morons.
Prejudice - First off, we aren't prejudice; and we don't have anything against gay people. It's just the fact we think it's nasty to have sex and a romantic relationship with another man. That's a personal belief, and because I don't like it I don't want to main someone who is; Though I will probably main him anyway since I can say "Yoshi was gay man", and we'd be even.

Close-minded: Close minded is when you havent' examined something and has come to a rush decision without hearing all the facts behind it. Seeing as I've accessed the facts and all, and they said Ike, MIGHT be. They have no definate evidence he is versus isn't. For all we know he's bi-curious or something. Though as long as he isn't I'll main him. That and he doesn't seem gay from what I've witnessed.

Though, you're an idiot yourself for forcing your beliefs of how a open-minded should act. Just know my beliefs are my beliefs, yours are yours. I'm not forcing them on you say shut the **** up =] Thank you.

Well, I didn't want to say anything, but he is from Texas. Can't really blame him specifically for the culture there.

I'm from Texas? WTF that's got to do with anything? These are my own personal beliefs and perception of things. To be honest, I have nothing against them.. Just rather not hang out with them, or play a character that likes buttsecks with guys, thank you.

Cless

Smash Champion
One common stereotype of a Texan is that they gay-bash. Ike's being gay shouldn't have anything to do with whether or not you play him. The only factor should be whether or not you like his fighting style and you can make it work for you. This is a fighting game. It's not a rights march or anything.

Top Bottom