• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

So, if Falco and Ganondorf make it back, who wants to see them Luigified?

BurningCrusader777

Smash Journeyman
Okay, first let me start by saying that, yes, I want those two back. Most people probably want them back.

And Luigified, if you don't know, is a term meaning that a character was a clone in one game, then given a unique moveset in the next.

Personally, I want to see Ganondorf's sword do something in the game.
As for Falco, I have no idea how to "Luigify" him. Anyone have ideas?

DragoKnight

Smash Cadet
I do want both back, no doubt. I reckon Falco could maintain the basic close-combat attacks, though his B moves can be changed around... Perhaps he could use the weaponry found in Assault? I would hope he would control similarly.
As for Ganondorf, I still would prefer he limit his sword to only special situations (a B move or somesuch).

LukeFonFabre

Smash Lord
Falco will most likely be luigified, still playing similar to what he does now, but changing some of his specials and attacks. I'm not sure how far he'll be decloned, but I'd assume that he'd still be fairly easy for melee Falco users to pick up.

Gannondorf however will probably get an overhaul, as it seems that they had a lot of potential for him in melee but ran out of time. He also has WW and TP for inspiration, so I wouldn't be surprised if he's like a totally different character.

petre

Smash Lord
closest to Sterling Heights, MI on your wii foreca
one thing im worried about, i hate how ganondorf looked in wind waker and TP, the older looking guy is just dumb. theyll probably give him some sword moves, based on both WW and TP, but im hoping they dont change his look, like they did with fox.

HiddenTiger

Smash Lord
Yes Ganondorf will probably have a sword. I'm not going to say any more about that.

As for Falco, call me crazy, but I don't think he should be changed at all. Falco should play exactly as he does in Melee. Why? Because from what I can tell, Fox is going to be a very different character. The look, the blaster, the stance, the gear. Fox looks like he's going to play very differently in Brawl that he did in Melee. So, by changing Fox, you can 'de-clone' Falco without ever touching him.

Sadnap

Smash Cadet
I really hope they make the new ganon accessible for old players as well.

D

Deleted member

Yes. I agree entirely with this topic. They should however, still be recognisable to those who played Melee.

gamefreak55

Smash Cadet
I think They should give Ganon his sword and maybe his green laser ball he shoots out in OOT as for falco maybe give him wepons from assult. How is Fox diffrent?

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
I agree that Falco should stay more or less the same. He doesn't seem to have any great flaws in his moveset, and it does look like Fox will be changing significantly. Though, I wouldn't be horribly saddened if they changed Falco some.
I hope they don't update his look... I'm not a big fan of his newer outfit.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:FalcoSFA.jpg
Mmm... I think Petre will be disapointed. Gdorf's look will most likely change to match up with twilight princess Link. I think he will have a sword, and I think he'll have more energy based attacks. I'm hoping that another character will be created that has a similar moveset to SSBM ganondorf.

btk Ace

Smash Apprentice
Ganondorf needs his Sword to **** everyone
a huge moveset with it

But falco should stay the sae

Scar

#HarveyDent
Mmm... I think Petre will be disapointed. Gdorf's look will most likely change to match up with twilight princess Link.
Yeah I think the way Brawl's gonna see it is if you want to play OoT's Dorf, play SSB. For the people, admittedly fewer, who want to play as TP's Dorf, Brawl's your game.

Kinda sad since the Triforce of Power's weilder should be young and badass, but they usually make it work out so everyone's happy.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Yeah, I want them Luigified. Btw the term is also well known here. ;) I was happy when I heard that Ganondorf was in Melee, but I was kinda disapointed that he was a clone... For Falco I didn't cared as much, because I was and still am pretty unfamiliair to the Star Fox franchise *coughexceptforStarFoxAdventuresthoughcough* .

Ganondorf should imo have his TP look and the Sword of Sages. His moveset is pretty much set now, I want the new Ganondorf to be a very deffensive character, with huge reach and power but alot of lag... So he should be really careful to place his hits, but in the mean time his enemy should watch out to! His moves should come out faster than expected from him... And I hope his Aerials stay pretty much the same.

For Falco, I hope they suprise me somehow. I still hope they keep alot of his old features from Melee, as his good jumps and fast falling.

Wrath`

Smash Master
They better have them back,there my two of my three mains(other being ness).
Falco needs to keep his arial moves and needs better weaponry.

Gannon's look in tp is cool so they need to have that and his big sword,not the two littler ones from WW.

The_Corax_King

Smash Lord
I think everyone wants ganondorf to have his sword...
And falco with a rocket launcher and other guns would be cool...

^^^ like in wrath's sig...

OysterMeister

Smash Journeyman
Well, I main Ganondorf, which I suppose makes me something of an authority when it comes to determining how he should change, seeing as I stand to be directly affected by it.
First of, he should be somehow decloned, because it just doesn't make sense for him not to be. However, I will say tha there are some moves which he should keep. His neutral A and Fair are both fantastic moves as well as Ganondorf originals, he should keep both of them unchanged. Similarly, his Dair, up smash, and down B are also all terrific moves which suit his play style perfectly; but, since they're Captain Falcon's moves, they should be replaced, but with moves that function basicaly the same.

Of course, his sword should be in there, as well. Maybe he only has it for his smashes, magiking it out of the air from a purple and black could of evil just for the occation or something, I don't care as long as he has it somehow. Speaking of which, Ganondorf needs more magic in his moveset, even if it's just adding particle effects to his attacks, because you can never have too much awesome.
And his warlock punch and volcano kick need to go far, far away and never come back. Seriously, one is too slow to be effective, and the other is too slow while exposing Ganondorfs crotch. Ganondorf never needed a "please attack me in the gonads" move then, and he still doesn't need one now.

The_Corax_King

Smash Lord
Having ganon play the same wouldnt be fun...
i hope every character changes a lot... so getting good starts all over again... :)

Tera253

Smash Ace
Tera personally thinks that all the clones should return solely for the fact that the people who got professional (or at least halfway decent) with them wouldn't be like: "What the heck?" when they played them. Yes, even Young Link has a fanbase... somewhere... (Pichu's is actually quite large)
~Tera253~

Scar

#HarveyDent
This is true. Who knows, maybe in SSB4 Wolf'll have to get Luigified.

I thought that the only reason there were clones in Melee was because of a push to get the game released... so do we think there are going to be any clones at all in Brawl?

mariomanrevived

Smash Rookie
I hope they do come back, and hopefully Ganondorf will have his sword and have a completely revamped moveset. As for Falco, I'd like to see him back too, but I have no idea how his moveset could be changed enough. Maybe a more martial-arts based moveset?

RVD_fan

Smash Ace
Yeah I got confused, when you divide both sides by Andross you need to add in a Panther>everyone else.

I knew I should have checked my math.
Well it's quite simple.
Let's assume Fox=x and falco=y

x>y - andross + (slippy x 5) - (wolf o donnel\number of new SSBB characters will be from the starfox series to the power of peppy) + the sqaure root of Kristal x pi.:psycho:

Solve for X:psycho:

Scar

#HarveyDent
Well when you put it like that, of course Panther>everyone else.

(p.s. I loved the raising to the power of Peppy, nice touch)

zerosin

Smash Apprentice
Falco's B moves could change (except the shine ^_^) and I sure hope he doesn't lose his pwning dair.
As you guys have said, I hope Ganondorf gains his sword, especially the TP one. However, I'd feel a little down b/c I like Ganondorf's uair, bair, and fair, as well as his ability to recover his double jump with down+b in the air (unlike Falcon's Falcon Kick).
Now, back to Falco, though I mention the shine and the dair (which combine into the ****ed pillar), I wouldn't mind a change in his moves entirely. Fox has a ridiculous ground game while Falco relies more on his aerial pwnage (this is my opinion, so don't flame me). If wonder if they'll change Falco's aerial and ground setup at all, and if they do, how that will affect such techniques as the pillar.
Meh, w/e. I feel like I'm rambling. I just want both of them back 'cuz I use 'em both in Melee.

Scar

#HarveyDent
Falco is a masterpiece in my eyes...he should'nt be altered, unless they make him more of a beast. then i will be satisfied :)
lol Top tier not high enough for you?

However, I'd feel a little down b/c I like Ganondorf's uair, bair, and fair, as well as his ability to recover his double jump with down+b in the air (unlike Falcon's Falcon Kick).
The Falcon Kick works in the same way as Dorf's Wizard's Foot, it's just not as effective since he goes much farther down.

But I think you're going to have fished your wish for Brawl -- I can definitely see TP Dorf with his sword in the next game.

xanderWii

Smash Rookie
I don't use ganondorf much so I'm not completely worried about what they do.

However I used Falco as my main character in Melee and I don't want him to be changed much. I especially like his shine and his dair. And as others have said before, Fox is supposed to be changed a lot and they weren't exactly alike in melee so i'm hoping in Brawl Falco's moveset isn't changed greatly.

V E X

Smash Rookie
Ganondorf's moveset should be changed from being a falcon clone into his own character(sword or not, but im hoping for the sword (: ) Falco shouldnt be changed, that much atleast, even though falco was a fox clone, his fighting style was completely different.

Slash & Daniel´s

Smash Rookie
Neither falco nor dorf are my mains . however i like playin with them to have fun , in my opinion if fox is gonna be changed then there is no need to do some major adjustments in falco, i would just like some moves changed ,his shine shouldnt be touched at all , but bside and blaster , well im not so sure about them , even though i like bside for recovery and blaster cause of its effect maybe a new image instead of blaster a sniper , if someone could come up with a new b-up great , the truth is if they leave falco exactly the same every1 will remember him as a clone ( in a way ) and im sure many prsons wouldnt like that besides that is if nintendo bothers to , think about it in a game were every1 is asking for new chars like megaman and geno why should we just insert an old SSBM char ? (because he owns yeah but nintendo is interested in making ppl buy a new SSB not a high definition quality of SSBM that stuff doestn sell like OoT Master Quest for GC name me some1 who has one of those , wii is already out and i got friends who never knew MQ exists ) theyve got to make falco something special and new to return. About Ganon , its the same theyve got to make him special and they will inevitably change his look to adjust it to TP , so if they bother making him a new look, they might as well adjust his movset , (yeah sword is coming ppl ) in my way of seeing it theyve should have put Dorf first instead of falcon , who suits more a fighting game , an ultra strong half human - other half i dont know waht who is as powerful as a god or a Strange type of high speed vehicle racer ? His Aerials all suit him , but his bdown left me dissapointed , he should have a new bdown ( LIKE A GANON MONSTER FORM TRANSFORMATION !!! ) or somthing tell me what you think. ( by the way , ppl have been arguing on transformations with bdowns so ive just come up with an idea of how to fix it , instead of using bdown for transformations you should press A+B to make em what do you think ??)

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
It's the term used when Luigi was changed from a Mario clone to a variation character from SSB to SSBMelee. Luigi still has similar moves in Melee, to an extent, but they're quite different overall.

If you compared their attacks, there's still less differences except for major effects of the attacks.(like Mario's Dair is a drill, while Luigi's Dair is now more of a power attack).

A better term for it is; "Changing a clone to be different enough to be his/her own character.)

zerosin

Smash Apprentice
Generally, it seems from the overall consensus that Ganondorf's moveset (and overall style as a result) should (if not must) change, but integrate some of his "clone" features into his new gameplay.
As for Falco, changing him altogether does not seem like the best choice. As mentioned by V E X, though Falco had similar moves, his style was completely different. The same is true if you compare Luigi and Mario (as said by HyperFalcon). I don't want Falco's style to change, which entails doing minimum if any changes to his move set (e.g. dair, shine, laser effect, even bair). But, tis not about what I want. If they change Falco's move, I hope for the best. I'll adjust (I'm a casual gamer, so I always have the time to learn a new Falco)

Top Bottom