• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

So, if Falco and Ganondorf make it back, who wants to see them Luigified?

justdontcare

Smash Rookie
The game play of falco, at the competitive level, is guarenteed to change. While i doubt they will get rid of shl, i do believe that pillaring will get removed. I would expect that if shines are in brawl they will be altered to make much of the broken comboing impossible. Expect either the stun effect, the ability to jump straight out of shines, restricted distance of the hit of shines or bring-out time of shines (both fox's and falcos) to be altered in such a way that competitive falco and fox players will no longer be able to abuse them. What I am saying is, if Falco or Fox is your main and you are a tournament smash player expect to make a huge transition with brawl. While you may dislike these changes that fact is they level the playing field of the game. Expect to relearn your charecter, it is a new game, get over it.

I once posted this somewhere else but I beelive for falco I have a good idea of how luigification should go.

Bdown: keep all the same reflecotr properties, or maybe make it like fox's reflecotr where there is a set distance of how much they bounce up, that would make his combos even crazier.

B: same laser, keep the shl please :)

Bover: rocket launcher - has all the same capabilties as the on found in assault or command or whicever one I'm thinking of.

Bup: Thunder Bird - mix of his current B over and B up. Think pika's quick attack, but it has to charge and during charge time he is surrounded by a ligtning aura that damages like mewtwo's shadow ball (while charging). thunder bird and fire fox :chuckle:

So what you want is to take one of the top charecters in the game, make his shine blind better, make his recovery better and give him the option of a powerful range attack? That makes sense. Why dont we just make his laser's to 10% damage and act as spikes?

The_Corax_King

Smash Lord
Hasnt it been confirmed that characters will be decloned?

I hope every character changes... remember how different melee was from 64? I hope brawl is that much better comparitively (if that makes sense)... I hope the whole tournament scene changes, because all the characters will play totally differently...

Justin

Smash Apprentice
If Falco's look is changed, he needs to get that SF Command look. It's pretty much how he looks in Melee..just a concept/updated look.

Tera253

Smash Ace
Hasnt it been confirmed that characters will be decloned?

I hope every character changes... remember how different melee was from 64? I hope brawl is that much better comparitively (if that makes sense)... I hope the whole tournament scene changes, because all the characters will play totally differently...
clone character should stay at least for those who played them, particularly Falco.
However, Derp's suggestion wasn't too bad. *debating...*
~Tera253~

zerosin

Smash Apprentice
The more I consider it, the more I feel that characters need a change. Ganondorf will change no matter what. Falco, well, I'm torn, but I think it'd be better to experience a totally new Falco.

The_Corax_King

Smash Lord
I dont understand why people want characters to stay EXACTLY the same... that takes ALL the fun out of buying the new game... ugh... even if the moveset is the same the moves should do different things or affect you in different ways...

zerosin

Smash Apprentice
I agree. Learning a new character wouldn't be too bad. Also, I'm sure the shine is gonna take on a different role, so even Falco's strategy will change if he kept the same moves.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
The popular contenders for Brawl in the StarFox slot include Krystal, Wolf, and Falco. Let us assume only one of the three can make it in to save slots for other franchises and third party characters. Therefore, we want to pick the most unique character that can offer new and exciting moves.
FALCO

It can be argued that Wolf can have a move set based around his mercenary, ruthless space pirate attitude. Krystal almost has a predetermined move set. Falco already had a move set and it was copied from Fox. Now of course the creative design team can come up with something, but it would be difficult. Plus Wolf represents a villain, and Krystal is a female character. Falco doesn’t really offer any of those fulfillments. But in any case he was already in a game. I think the opportunity to battle should go to another StarFox character.

GANNONDORF

Gannondorf deserves a new move set, one that reflects his moves from past games. I have to say that his personality was definitely captured with the clone style despite the similarities in visuals to Captain Falcon’s attacks. But this is a new game. Because Zelda games are pushing Gannondorf’s sword wielding prowess (I have not played Twilight Princess), I think a sword will be incorporated as a special move or smash attack.

Don’t forget Gannondorf is also a wizard. He could still have a sword and not be a sword character like Kirby. His Toward Smash could be raising his arms above his head. The air near his hands would distort and grow black and in a flash of purple lightning, Gannon could pull his huge sword out of the darkness and down toward the ground (while screaming like a rabid rhinoceros). The floor would crackle with purple energy and his weapon will disappear.

I think his latest form should be used.

zerosin

Smash Apprentice
His Toward Smash could be raising his arms above his head. The air near his hands would distort and grow black and in a flash of purple lightning, Gannon could pull his huge sword out of the darkness and down toward the ground (while screaming like a rabid rhinoceros). The floor would crackle with purple energy and his weapon will disappear.
Sounds more like a move to replace his Warlock's Fist. Yes, Ganondorf is a wizard, but you also mentioned his sword prowess has become more prominent now. I don't think it should just be one move that lets you use his sword; rather, the sword should be an integral part of his arsenal.

Slash & Daniel´s

Smash Rookie
Sounds more like a move to replace his Warlock's Fist. Yes, Ganondorf is a wizard, but you also mentioned his sword prowess has become more prominent now. I don't think it should just be one move that lets you use his sword; rather, the sword should be an integral part of his arsenal.
They probably should include it , but i think we need ppl to realize ganondorf is more of a wizard than mostly any other thing, every time we talk abou the prurple thingie it involves magic , he should get some projectile moves to remind ppl he is a wizard.

Stryks

Smash Hero
Ganondorf, like I have said so any times, will SURELY have the sword of sages from TP, his mian weapon from his most updated appearance in the latest zelda game, tough yes ganondorf has to use some magic atatcks, he used magic in OoT (dont know about WW) and TP, its only fair he has his sword and some magic...

zerosin

Smash Apprentice
In Wind Waker, he more used two swords (he looked pretty sweet in the last battle), but I don't remember him particularly using magic.

Stryks

Smash Hero
Alright, thanx for the info, yeah I know WW ganondorf had 2 swords, but his sword in TP, the sword of sages is freaking awesome, and he will surely have that sword in brawl, seeing how everyone will be updated to his/her/its latest game look, and ganondorf being a clone in melee, he will surely have his TP look and sword to make him look way better and declone him...

rsc_390

Smash Apprentice
Well, I main Ganondorf, which I suppose makes me something of an authority when it comes to determining how he should change, seeing as I stand to be directly affected by it.
First of, he should be somehow decloned, because it just doesn't make sense for him not to be. However, I will say tha there are some moves which he should keep. His neutral A and Fair are both fantastic moves as well as Ganondorf originals, he should keep both of them unchanged. Similarly, his Dair, up smash, and down B are also all terrific moves which suit his play style perfectly; but, since they're Captain Falcon's moves, they should be replaced, but with moves that function basicaly the same.

Of course, his sword should be in there, as well. Maybe he only has it for his smashes, magiking it out of the air from a purple and black could of evil just for the occation or something, I don't care as long as he has it somehow. Speaking of which, Ganondorf needs more magic in his moveset, even if it's just adding particle effects to his attacks, because you can never have too much awesome.
And his warlock punch and volcano kick need to go far, far away and never come back. Seriously, one is too slow to be effective, and the other is too slow while exposing Ganondorfs crotch. Ganondorf never needed a "please attack me in the gonads" move then, and he still doesn't need one now.
Actually, i think that because you main Ganondorf, your opinion counts less. You are very used to him (obviously since he's your main) and thus you naturally fear losing your comfort in his playstyle. Yet, despite having differences from Falcon (plz don't hammer me w/ differences, i know already), they are still clones. When I found out G-Dorf was a clone, i cried myself to sleep.

Why should Ganondorf be forced to stay a clone? Ness, IC, and Yoshi are some of the most enjoyable characters in the game, adding variety to your smashing session with their unique play sessions. The more unique play-styles, the better. Not to mention, Ganon is way to beastly to be stuck with someone else's moves.

Innovation is extremely important. If Ganondorf's Brawl moveset matches C. Falcon and not Ganondorf, it'll be a sad day for gamers everywhere. I just hope he changes and that you can get used to Falcon so that all's well for you too ^_^.

petre

Smash Lord
closest to Sterling Heights, MI on your wii foreca
...Innovation is extremely important. If Ganondorf's Brawl moveset matches C. Falcon and not Ganondorf, it'll be a sad day for gamers everywhere. I just hope he changes and that you can get used to Falcon so that all's well for you too ^_^.
unless the give captian falcon a sword, and magical powers. then i wouldnt mind ganon being a clone again.

Top Bottom