• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

So, if Falco and Ganondorf make it back, who wants to see them Luigified?

Paranoid_Android

Smash Lord
Possible Spoilers...

Everyone wants Ganon to return with his sword. Which sword is the only subject of debate here. My personal vote goes to the Sage's Sword that he takes about halfway through TP, and fights til the end with.

... End of possible spoilers

As for Falco, he'd be so easy to luigify, it would be a bad decision not to do so. Give him multiple jumps, floatier physics, and mix up his moves and he'll be awesome.

Mr. Derp

Smash Apprentice
FORMALLY: Ryu777 ...OLD POST COUNT: around 500
I once posted this somewhere else but I beelive for falco I have a good idea of how luigification should go.

Bdown: keep all the same reflecotr properties, or maybe make it like fox's reflecotr where there is a set distance of how much they bounce up, that would make his combos even crazier.

B: same laser, keep the shl please :)

Bover: rocket launcher - has all the same capabilties as the on found in assault or command or whicever one I'm thinking of.

Bup: Thunder Bird - mix of his current B over and B up. Think pika's quick attack, but it has to charge and during charge time he is surrounded by a ligtning aura that damages like mewtwo's shadow ball (while charging). thunder bird and fire fox :chuckle:

zerosin

Smash Apprentice
I once posted this somewhere else but I beelive for falco I have a good idea of how luigification should go.

Bdown: keep all the same reflecotr properties, or maybe make it like fox's reflecotr where there is a set distance of how much they bounce up, that would make his combos even crazier.

B: same laser, keep the shl please :)

Bover: rocket launcher - has all the same capabilties as the on found in assault or command or whicever one I'm thinking of.

Bup: Thunder Bird - mix of his current B over and B up. Think pika's quick attack, but it has to charge and during charge time he is surrounded by a ligtning aura that damages like mewtwo's shadow ball (while charging). thunder bird and fire fox :chuckle:
I like that Bup idea (would look pretty ******** sweet). I want Falco's shine to look different. However, if it floated everyone a certain distance up, that could be abused against floaters (depending on how high the set distance is). That property could make or break Falco into a god (or more of one). And yeah, keep the SHL. I dunno if the Falco Phantasm (SmashB) should be replaced by another projectile attack or another move that could give Falco some form of recovery.

the_air_up_there7

Smash Ace
Laredo Texas (training mode), offseason :)
Yeah I would love to see falco back since he is my main and my favorite. As for ganon I would love to see him back with his big sword and a new moveset. Whether falco gets a new moveset or not I would still use him. I am not going to login to smashboards again until brawl comes out!!!!!!! :lick: :lick: :lick:

READY FOR BRAWL!!!!!!!

The_Corax_King

Smash Lord
I dont understand why people want falco to stay EXACTLY the same... just because you main him does not mean that he will not change...
Poor baby... if he is changed you will have to learn to fight all over again, or... heaven forbid... pick up a new character... *gasp*

It has already been stated that all the returning characters will be redone... so I highly doubt falco will stay the same...

Learning all the characters over again will make the game fun...

(btw, i use falco too... and i really dont care if he changes)

Mccdbz5

Smash Journeyman
The funny thing is, what if things like short-hopping and L-canceling aren't in Brawl? That means that if Falco is exactly the same, they'll have to learn to play different anyway, plus they would be stuck with the same exact character, without being able to use any "advanced techniques." I want Falco to change. They don't have to make him a completely different character. They should just change some of his moves. For instance, doing right+A would just do a different type of kick...I don't see what the problem of doing that would be.

Oh, and if Falco is in the game, don't be surprised when he's changed. He's either going to change drastically, or they will change Fox drastically, and change a bit of Falco. The point is, they're not going to leave him the same.

Justin

Smash Apprentice
I hope all the characters get completely redone. I just hope they atleast don't make Falco look like a douche bag. I'm not sure what game it is, but Falco wears some weird red jumpsuit looking attire and, I'm sorry, but it ruins him.

darkshy

Smash Ace
I would like to see a newer Flaco. He's seems more like a badass fighter than a clean one like fox. THat's my opinion.

Rash

Smash Ace
Falco and Ganondorf should come back, indefinitely. However, 90% of their movesets and attributes should be changed or altered in some way. I think re-doing characters will make Brawl a stronger and more unique game. It'd be great for it to have as many dissimilarities with SSBM as similarities, and this applies to characters like Falco and 'Dorf, especially considering that they were former clones.

zerosin

Smash Apprentice
I dont understand why people want falco to stay EXACTLY the same... just because you main him does not mean that he will not change...
Poor baby... if he is changed you will have to learn to fight all over again, or... heaven forbid... pick up a new character... *gasp*

It has already been stated that all the returning characters will be redone... so I highly doubt falco will stay the same...

Learning all the characters over again will make the game fun...

(btw, i use falco too... and i really dont care if he changes)
Well, Falco would need to change. I think we don't want Falco's style to change drastically. I agree with you though; I'd rather learn the characters again and see who I like in the coming edition.

Stryks

Smash Hero
I want them back, but with original movesets, not luigified clones, falco has potential to be original, give him some better stats, eliminate the fast fall-ness, and give him some weapons from SF assault, ganondor fon the other hand, will use primarly his sword of sages in brawl, seeing how its his primary weapon in TP, thus he will get a new moveset...

Atom Samsher

Smash Rookie
I am TOTALLY against that "old man" Ganondorf look, but i think he should (and will) be luigified, as for Falco he could be in danger of not making the cut or being replaced so i dont think this is his bigest worry at the momment....

M

+9999999999
NNID
Meteor
Even though Falco was pretty legit, he could possibly not make the cut? That seems... crazy
:(
Nah, it's unlikely he won't make the cut. He and the entire Starfox franchise prove to be extremely popular. This doesn't change the fact that his moves should change as with Ganon, and all other clones. Except Doc, for some reason, I think it would be impossible to change his moveset. Technically he is still Mario, so he will always fight like Mario.

Back on topic, I say definately change their movesets.

Tricka

Smash Cadet
Ganondorf should have his sword as a b move, no more than that

As for falco he should stay the same. Fox will be the one changing so there is no need to change falco. His moves are good and perfect for combos, also whats up with the new look for falco.

The_Corax_King

Smash Lord
I liked fox and falcos melee looks the best... the recent games make them look like babies (falco especially)

Justin

Smash Apprentice
the most recent is from the ds game, and his look is pretty sweet in that game, its the adventures look I dont like...

Oh yeah, I forgot about the DS. Anyone have a pic of Falco in the DS game? I want to see if he looks better than what he does in adventures...

Master.Lord.Marth.

Smash Journeyman
Oh god what have they done to my falco =/

Anyways they could change falco's overall moveset but i want them to keep what made falco, well, falco. His shine to start his insane pillaring is something i just want to be a falco thing only., hopefully they will keep that in brawl.

Deathstroke

Smash Rookie
Yeah, I like the SF adventures one better minus the hat. I like that head set he has on the SF command one. For Ganondorf I would love to see him as TP, the thought of his super move from one of those ball things came to mind a while back, to be Ganon and **** the screen for a small amount of time.

Wrath`

Smash Master
am i the only one who likes gannon's dair?Everone says his bair uair and fair are good,but not his dair.

Falco should stick to his melee or assault costume.

Tricka

Smash Cadet
I don't like the tall sleek look for falco, I really hope he looks like he did in melee or maybe a slight change, nothing to drastic.

Rash

Smash Ace
Here's how I see it. Fox's design resembles a kind of hybrid between his Command look and his old look, with some original design choices thrown in. I wouldn't expect any different for Falco. Don't be surprised if he looks mostly like his Command self in Brawl.

A-Laon

Smash Master
As far as appearance, I'd kill (no cliche -- I really would) for Falco's command model with a similar technological upgrade like Fox got.

But anyway, back to luigification:

Falco is already drastically different from Fox in playstyle and the utility of his moves. The only true similarity between the space animals is that they have the same move animations, and I say animation as the moves themselves ARE radically different in performance and utilization. No reason to "declone" or "luigify" Falco as he already significantly differs from his counterpart in all aspects of gameplay.

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
As far as appearance, I'd kill (no cliche -- I really would) for Falco's command model with a similar technological upgrade like Fox got.

But anyway, back to luigification:

Falco is already drastically different from Fox in playstyle and the utility of his moves. The only true similarity between the space animals is that they have the same move animations, and I say animation as the moves themselves ARE radically different in performance and utilization. No reason to "declone" or "luigify" Falco as he already significantly differs from his counterpart in all aspects of gameplay.
Same here bro, same here.

Hey, does anyone remember Fox's forward A Smash for SSB for the 64? The best explaination I can give is that it looks like Cammy's Cannon Drill. Point is, that should be Falco's Forward A Smash move on Brawl.

Tera253

Smash Ace
Eh, but then you can't continuously spam the move with such rapid pace. And, it already held more knockback than Fox's.
on the topic of the evil dude and the boyd...
out of random likeliety, (lik-lee-i-tee) the chances of clone characters returning are in this order:

1. Ganondorf
2. Falco
3. Pichu
4. Roy
5. Dr. Mario
6. Young Link

(and that's not biased, or Falco would have been #1, and Doc #2)
~Tera253~

Deathstroke

Smash Rookie
maybe Likality (Like-al-i-ty) would been a better word? Meh dun matter. I would hate for anyone to come back as clones, didn't Sakurai express feelings for not wanting clones in brawl?

Top Bottom