• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

So i went to a tournament this weekend and...

BattleJesus

Smash Cadet
and ended up getting owned by the IC's.
he had the infinite chaingrab-spike combo on lockdown, and basically I had no idea on what to do and how to handle it. getting grabbed once meant i lost a stock no matter what.

what should i do?

AvoiD

Smash Lord
NNID
AvoiDMe
Don't get grabbed.

lol..

Just camp him. Lasers, and phantasm to the other side when he comes for you. See an open spot, you can take a chance with an attack.

J4pu

Smash Champion
Counterpick strange stages (stages that aren't primarily flat and stationary)
I know it messes up Falco's game too but I think it allows you to destroy Nana pretty well.

ixdnL

Smash Journeyman
Watch Sethlon's vids against Melee_1's ICs. The vids are a bit old but you'll get the gist of what to do.

gunterrsmash01

Smash Champion
I think IC's are Falcos toughest matchup. You gotta camp, lasers and Side B but don't make it predictable.

tGwarr10r

Smash Apprentice
against ice climbers, i switch to toon link sometimes because its much easier battle for me
but as falco, i'd say spam lasers,illusions, and you MUST kill off the nana early on, or that *****'ll be trouble later

TheKneeOfJustice

Smash Lord
Ban Final Destination. Hope you win game one. Most Ice Climbers players just aren't that good to be honest. For you, it is all about working platforms, and camping them into situations where they are forced to separate. There are an insane amount of counter picks thankfully. Jungle Japes, Norfair, Rainbow Cruise, and Norfair are just a few.

J4pu

Smash Champion
Ban Final Destination. Hope you win game one. Most Ice Climbers players just aren't that good to be honest. For you, it is all about working platforms, and camping them into situations where they are forced to separate. There are an insane amount of counter picks thankfully. Jungle Japes, Norfair, Rainbow Cruise, and Norfair are just a few.
I think he advises Norfair.

ixdnL

Smash Journeyman
No, Jungle Japes IS one of Falco's best stages. No IMO necessary.

SlashTalon

Smash Ace
and ended up getting owned by the IC's.
he had the infinite chaingrab-spike combo on lockdown, and basically I had no idea on what to do and how to handle it. getting grabbed once meant i lost a stock no matter what.

what should i do?
if he's doing the Fair spike CG you can actually tech the fair when you hit the ground.

Don't ban FD, on FD you have more room to play. Ban BF or Smash

No, Jungle Japes IS one of Falco's best stages. No IMO necessary.
Japes is awesome for falco, but make sure you DO NOT get grabbed, getting spiked here is still very bad

J4pu

Smash Champion
JJapes is generally an awesome choice for Falco but in this match-up you may want to choose a more "abstract" stage where it is hard for them to CG you, You can't CG them anyways so it really doesn't change much for you.

if he's doing the Fair spike CG you can actually tech the fair when you hit the ground.
You can tech the Fair even when it doesn't knock you on your ***? IC's can only link the Fair into their CG while it hits you into standing position on the ground, so teching the part where you fall down isn't of real great use.
Wait, can they Ice block you to make you just stand back up again after the Fair that knocks you on your butt? If so disregard this first portion as I'm am a bit out-of-date on IC's CG knowledge.

Umby

Smash Master
Wait, can they Ice block you to make you just stand back up again after the Fair that knocks you on your butt? If so disregard this first portion as I'm am a bit out-of-date on IC's CG knowledge.
No, that full on sets up an ice lock if you're down on your ass.

Uffe

Smash Hero
If all else fails, learn IC's so you can never get grabbed by another IC. Nana will hit the opponent if you get grabbed.

Top Bottom