• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

So i have the complete series of Yu Yu Hakusho and..

Caleb Wolfbrand

Smash Master
Check out Hunter X Hunter. It's made by the same guy, basically the same show with different characters and setting. I love YYH and then I saw HXH and I was like WTFFF THIS IS AWESOME!!!

Seriously, it's great.

and two of my very favorite villains of ALL TIME

Hisoka,

and Kuroro Lucifer, who is my avatar

Mike G

███████████████ 100%
BRoomer
Fine. It was good. Just not "omg best anime evar" good.

There was no solid plot to keep the anime going and each(or a few together) episode felt like it's own story. The movie actually had a good story that carried everything at a good pace.

I'll take the kids. They like me more anyway.

Vts

Smash Champion

There was no solid plot to keep the anime going and each(or a few together) episode felt like it's own story. The movie actually had a good story that carried everything at a good pace.

btw a horse drank a bottle and ****ed a cow

best anime of all time was samuria X

Pi

Smash Hero
I preferred the anime series to the movie (cowboy bebop).

And yes, Bebop didn't really have a standard problem/solution type 'plot', it focused more on character development and if you ask me it's been unmatched in that department. It put spike/jet/ed/faye in a variety of situations which displayed who they were as 'people', and linked things from their past into those situations. It has a perfect ratio of action/funny/baww moments throughout, and showed you a little bit more about each character as it went along.

Just imagine if the whole series was focused around spike & vicious rivalry...
That doesn't even sound good.

Instead you had Faye and her struggle to find her past.
Jet, his girl, police involvement, and relationships with some of the bounties they chase.
Spike, who is usually quite nonchalant, wjp emphasize with when he gets shaken up over tough/offensive bounties, vicious, and Julia.
Even Ed, the seemingly token random character, beckons empathy upon her reunion & decision surrounding it.

To me the movie was an outlier, and overall I did not enjoy it as much as the series.

Bebop is my favorite anime, Champloo was **** good too, trigun & gungrave were 'good' but it's hard to really enjoy an anime when your moral compass conflicts with one of the main characters. Which may be why I enjoyed bebop & champloo so much.

Also Yu Yu was pretty good, but animes with more than 40 eps tend to drop off in quality.
And I hate angry/immature protagonists (Inuyasha, and to a lesser extent Yusuke)

And VTS darling, would you mind shortening your sig?

Purple

Hi guys!

I actually agree with Mike G. It was an interesting series, but only a few episodes (about four to five) followed a serious plot the entire way, the rest were fillers. Granted I still enjoyed the series and I put it up there with one of my favorite series.

Outlaw Star was also a good show to me, in fact I feel I will re-watch the series when I have time, maybe one episode a day.

Top Bottom