• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

So I guess ICs are "S Tier" now :) / :( ?

Rubberbandman

Smash Champion
that aside. you'll quit them in a month, give or take. thats usually how long people last before they get side tracked by their original main or just start getting nana ***** so much they give up.

given your juvenile approach to announcing that you've picked them up, i can predict that you'll probably become frustrated with people either A) complaining about CGs, B) nana getting gimped, C) weird desync problems happening at the wrong time, or D) just getting ***** in general (probably by snakes).

on top of that, these boards are generally dead 11/12 months of the year so you'll have a non existent community to keep you going. unless you are extremely self motivated (which i doubt since you announced the boards you've decided to main them indicating a need for acceptance by a community) i see you dropping them and/or only using them in friendlies.

if you would like to prove me wrong, please do. the last person who tried stayed for a month and then has yet to return. hopefully you'll do better than him.
Are you saying that because I started using Ice Climbers in July that I will create johns for my lack of playing them wrong and give up?

You do not know me very well, sir, but I can tell you that
A) I dont give a **** about what people think about CGs or I wouldnt have picked them up in the first place.
B) My friend had gimped my nana many times in the past, but I dont act like its the end of the world.
C) And I learn to use desynching and such to my advantage(except when it comes out of stage randomly, thats frustrating, but usually due to the fact of me not re-synching through an aerial)
D) Getting ***** in general means there is still much for me to learn, so thats my motivation to continue to play them.

And also, you must not pay attention to the boards since I've been going here for a while and learn from whatever I can find on Ice Climbers. I dont think I'd just give up on Icies because you want to scare me out of using them. I knew these boards were dead from the beginning, yet I still come everyday to see whats going on, then continue to practice.

Don't try and bull**** me out of Ice Climbers, yo.

r3d d09

Smash Master
lol, u mad? but seriously. my moment of not posting was me not even playing. I've been here and active for the majority of the time. and frozen is actually a good player for not using CG's. people come to IC's just for the CG's. He didn't. He can probably contribute a lot to the meta game, but people that just focus on CG's for the win should just leave.

What's the reason you play IC's, and what's your secondary?

Smoom77

Smash Master
Frozen uses CGs now.

I just love ICs. :) I'm starting to relearn the dash desync. Swordgard, I quote, "meh, not worth learning". But why? He didn't answer me after that.

If we could just learn that timing and PERFECT it, we'd take our ICs to a new level.

r3d d09

Smash Master
One of the reasons why i'm trying to get a wii for my own personal use.
being a person that would glitch all the time that requires precise timing, i'm sure after a short period of practice, i could get it down very well.
Since i've never really practiced CG's, I should be doing them worse than what i do as of now.

another thing. Dedicated IC mains tend to get upset when people try to main them because we've seen so many fail at OUR character. So the people that come along and say, haw toooo chen grub dem lught weets.

that's why i made a thread on Prefered CG's for certain chars. tired of hearing people contastly ask what to do >.> and everyone has a bias opinion as well. just an FYI. We, IC mains are legit, and hate new comers :D

Smoom77

Smash Master
another thing. Dedicated IC mains tend to get upset when people try to main them because we've seen so many fail at OUR character. So the people that come along and say, haw toooo chen grub dem lught weets.
QFT! When people say they want to learn ICs, I always tell them, "You MAIN ICS NOW. You don't main who you used before at all. If you plan on playing ICs at all, all you do is play ICs." They just give up then.

Edit: And I hate it when pros just are like, "I play ICs now! =o" >_> You don't play ICs, you play whoever your main is.

T3h Albino

Smash Master
I'm sorry I don't post here much, but whenever I come in here it's usually nothing but spam or dumb arguments ;(.

I try n post more though kuz I love mah ice climbers <3

Rubberbandman

Smash Champion
lol, u mad? but seriously. my moment of not posting was me not even playing. I've been here and active for the majority of the time. and frozen is actually a good player for not using CG's. people come to IC's just for the CG's. He didn't. He can probably contribute a lot to the meta game, but people that just focus on CG's for the win should just leave.

What's the reason you play IC's, and what's your secondary?
Yes, that did anger me quite a bit. When I first started Icies, I didnt love them as much as I do now, I just tried to learn a CG and moved on. But after the first week or so, I tried to learn more than just that and really got the feel for them.

Its been the like guest's drama ever since. <3

QFT! When people say they want to learn ICs, I always tell them, "You MAIN ICS NOW. You don't main who you used before at all. If you plan on playing ICs at all, all you do is play ICs." They just give up then.

Edit: And I hate it when pros just are like, "I play ICs now! =o" >_> You don't play ICs, you play whoever your main is.
My friend wanted to play Icies because I beat him with them some many times. I said "Ice Climbers aren't for everyone." He gave up after the first day.

that's why i made a thread on Prefered CG's for certain chars. tired of hearing people contastly ask what to do >.> and everyone has a bias opinion as well. just an FYI. We, IC mains are legit, and hate new comers :D
I still cant chaingrab falco or mk, so that didnt make me feel better.

I just appeared, lurked the place, and started posting. Screw asking questions.

ch33s3

Smash Lord
We don't all hate newcomers, I like helping! I'm just not giving everything I know away, nobody does, though.

Smoom77

Smash Master
I guess I don't hate them, but I have no idea how to explain to chaingrab at all. When I started, I had some sort of understanding of it. People who have asked me really have no clue what's happening. One person thought it was a glitch.

r3d d09

Smash Master
I don't hate newcomers, but most IC mains do because we are one of the only characters that people know stuff that others don't. and we are afraid to share. Lain, meep, GIMR, ch33s3. Even me *weird i know*

but that stuff that i was taught or learned that others know. I'm glad to help. that's what a lot of my posts are from, newcomers asking questions. and me usually with the first response.

ch33s3

Smash Lord
I don't hate newcomers, but most IC mains do because we are one of the only characters that people know stuff that others don't. and we are afraid to share. Lain, meep, GIMR, ch33s3. Even me *weird i know*

but that stuff that i was taught or learned that others know. I'm glad to help. that's what a lot of my posts are from, newcomers asking questions. and me usually with the first response.
Yea, pretty much this. When you figure something out, like a new desynch or grab setup, if you keep it to yourself you keep novelty effect a lot longer, it's harder to learn what someone is doing from just seeing it versus having it explained to you, and this is especially true for stopping something from working. Anything widely known amongst IC mains, though, should be shared freely, and any questions about it should be answered quickly. This is especially true for matchup knowledge.

r3d d09

Smash Master
Yea, pretty much this. When you figure something out, like a new desynch or grab setup, if you keep it to yourself you keep novelty effect a lot longer, it's harder to learn what someone is doing from just seeing it versus having it explained to you, and this is especially true for stopping something from working. Anything widely known amongst IC mains, though, should be shared freely, and any questions about it should be answered quickly. This is especially true for matchup knowledge.
that's one thing we are open about is match ups.... but it's better if we had a bigger community. we kind of rely on people that are good which we have few of, specially active memebers. although i helped kind of a lot while we had a match up thread >.> me = scrub omnomnomnom

00-Zero

Smash Journeyman
Oo but would an IC main be willing to share information to other IC mains that understand what's going on, but don't quite have it down themselves? I can understand not wanting to share it with everyone and their moms within a thread, but I don't see any harm in sharing with another IC main through a pm or something. Especially when the possibility of gaining new knowledge can come from it. I guess I can understand the novelty effect from it though.

r3d d09

Smash Master
lain and meep i'm sure share stuff because they are mostly rep'n the IC's maybe Ch33s3 is included as well.

all i know is that i came up with a great idea with smooms strat today xD and i got it to work. woot

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
i generally don't share things because i assume it should be common knowledge. if i do find something new, i generally just keep it to myself, the assumption being that if you haven't figure this stuff out yet then you probably don't need to be using it, anyway.

ch33s3

Smash Lord
Oo but would an IC main be willing to share information to other IC mains that understand what's going on, but don't quite have it down themselves? I can understand not wanting to share it with everyone and their moms within a thread, but I don't see any harm in sharing with another IC main through a pm or something. Especially when the possibility of gaining new knowledge can come from it. I guess I can understand the novelty effect from it though.
AIM chats ftw.

00-Zero

Smash Journeyman
i generally don't share things because i assume it should be common knowledge. if i do find something new, i generally just keep it to myself, the assumption being that if you haven't figure this stuff out yet then you probably don't need to be using it, anyway.

That assumption is masterful. I never really thought of it that way. Though, I don't think it would do any harm discussing it with someone that may be better. Or if it's just something so game-changing that you just couldn't stand keeping it to yourself. I mean, would you share something like that? Wouldn't you want the credit? I suppose you could just save videos of it when you discover it, keep it to yourself until it's discovered by someone else, and then share that you've known about it the whole time.

Btw about the double post, my bad. Idk what happened. I quoted and copy pastad as if I didn't know how to shot web.

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
That assumption is masterful. I never really thought of it that way. Though, I don't think it would do any harm discussing it with someone that may be better. Or if it's just something so game-changing that you just couldn't stand keeping it to yourself. I mean, would you share something like that? Wouldn't you want the credit? I suppose you could just save videos of it when you discover it, keep it to yourself until it's discovered by someone else, and then share that you've known about it the whole time.

Btw about the double post, my bad. Idk what happened. I quoted and copy pastad as if I didn't know how to shot web.
think of it this way: if the guy who discovered wave dashing hadn't told anyone how to do it he could outspace and generally **** everyone until someone else figured out the button combos.

its not about taking the credit (which i'm fairly sure i haven't done with any IC stuff), its about advancing my own game and taking it to the next level. leading by example as it were. if i don't tell people its generally because i A) don't care enough to share this stuff, B) expect someone else to find it soon anyway, or C) have seen people already implementing it, just as efficiently as they could. Its not a question of taking credit, its about getting better and learning everything you can about your character. people shouldn't rely on others to tell them about new things, you should be playing with your character and discovering these things on your own. If you step up you game then you will naturally discover new things.

Prawn

Smash Master
If you find new stuff don't announce it to the boards, incorporate it and if it's effective you'll do better and people will see it and pay attention.

Thats how you advance the metagame

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
lol posting at 5 am, i could have sworn everyone was being sarcastic... actually, i'm still not sure...

but anyway, my view is that you need to find stuff on your own. its nice when people post finds and share it with the community, but you get a better feel for things when you find them yourself through trial and error. half of the desyncs i do now i figured out on my own, though i never brought them up because people need to learn things on their own. you never learn anything if its all given to you.

Sieguest

Smash Master
Its been the like guest's drama ever since. <3
Yeah! Now my drama has become a Historical Drama! :D On my way up the awesome list of awesome spoof writing :D

I still cant chaingrab falco or mk, so that didnt make me feel better.
=/ I still have a hard time CGing in general, I've improved since I first started (I can consistently CG a few characters no sweat) but I'm still a LONG way from being competent with them.
"Come so far and got so far to go!"

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
"You seek a great fortune.... You will find a fortune, though it will not be the one you seek. But first... first you must travel a long and difficult road, a road fraught with peril. Mm-hmm. You shall see thangs, wonderful to tell.... And, oh, so many startlements. I cannot tell you how long this road shall be, but fear not the obstacles in your path, for fate has vouchsafed your reward. Though the road may wind, yea, your hearts grow weary, still shall ye follow the road, even unto your salvation." ~ Blind Seer, Oh Brother, Where Art Though?

Sieguest

Smash Master
"You seek a great fortune.... You will find a fortune, though it will not be the one you seek. But first... first you must travel a long and difficult road, a road fraught with peril. Mm-hmm. You shall see thangs, wonderful to tell.... And, oh, so many startlements. I cannot tell you how long this road shall be, but fear not the obstacles in your path, for fate has vouchsafed your reward. Though the road may wind, yea, your hearts grow weary, still shall ye follow the road, even unto your salvation." ~ Blind Seer, Oh Brother, Where Art Though?
ICs in a nutshell?

r3d d09

Smash Master
Yeah! Now my drama has become a Historical Drama! :D On my way up the awesome list of awesome spoof writing :D

=/ I still have a hard time CGing in general, I've improved since I first started (I can consistently CG a few characters no sweat) but I'm still a LONG way from being competent with them.
"Come so far and got so far to go!"
you're in the same boat as me. don't worry.

Ok so I'm leaving for pound4. Wish me luck guys! I'm hoping to bring back the good ol' reacharound >:D
once you come back. tell us your secrets you've been holding out on :D

Lol, good luck.
Get somewhere high up there, plz.
... It's Lain. nuff said.

Zero Hour

Smash Apprentice
Hey guys I just realized that I never actually introduced myself to these forums so here I go lol. You may have seen a few small comments around the boards i've made but nothing groundbreaking.

I'm a casual brawler turned competitive through just wanting to kick my friends' ***** and I have acomplished that goal through my two main, IC's and marth. Some say that they are a strange combo, but they both have a defensive/patient play style that I really love. However IC's are DEFINITELY more fun. I picked up chain grabbing fairly quickly, but I've been a gamer for years so all it really took was one day without friends family or healthy food. Since then I've played in about 4 small tourneys were I actually saw a few amazing player like ninjalink and ally, and didn't get very far. But as I was finally starting to lose my tourney nerves unfortunately my only source of brawl fell to the lack of community in Brooklyn, or in New York. I've been trying to find a weekly/biweekly tourney, but until then I'll just have to keep myself loose against my fail friends.

And that is my wall of text/ intro to the icgd =]

JustNoOne

Smash Lord
Ok so I'm leaving for pound4. Wish me luck guys! I'm hoping to bring back the good ol' reacharound >:D
Have a good time Lain ^.^

Hey guys I just realized that I never actually introduced myself to these forums so here I go lol. You may have seen a few small comments around the boards i've made but nothing groundbreaking.

I'm a casual brawler turned competitive through just wanting to kick my friends' ***** and I have acomplished that goal through my two main, IC's and marth. Some say that they are a strange combo, but they both have a defensive/patient play style that I really love. However IC's are DEFINITELY more fun. I picked up chain grabbing fairly quickly, but I've been a gamer for years so all it really took was one day without friends family or healthy food. Since then I've played in about 4 small tourneys were I actually saw a few amazing player like ninjalink and ally, and didn't get very far. But as I was finally starting to lose my tourney nerves unfortunately my only source of brawl fell to the lack of community in Brooklyn, or in New York. I've been trying to find a weekly/biweekly tourney, but until then I'll just have to keep myself loose against my fail friends.

And that is my wall of text/ intro to the icgd =]
Well welcome ^.^

Also if can come to Toronto, Ontario, Canada in early February, you'll be some Canadian Climbers. Swordgard, Me, Radios and some IC mains that will be there ^.^

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=252441

Zero Hour

Smash Apprentice
I would love to travel around to go to tourneys like that in Canada but I can't drive... **** New York driving age -_-

Top Bottom