• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

So I guess ICs are "S Tier" now :) / :( ?

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
I watched the True Life marathon. <.<

JustNoOne

Smash Lord
Can't count KRDSonic =O

Ohh yeah, happy America Day you Americans! (America Day... Independence Day?)

Teh Future

Smash Master
^^omfggggggggg saffron city is my favorite smash level ever! how do you download stuff though?

lol twilight zone

edit: fawk that lol I dont have a computer right now :( I guess I can see if I can do it on someone else's next time I smash. Still Saffron city = best. level. ever. Discuss. Also why did they take out the reg. kirby stage in brawl That >>> battlefield. Do they even have any original stages left? Nintendo is so lame.

Seriously brawl stage list should have been so much better instead they give us all this gimmicky crap.

JustNoOne

Smash Lord
Brawl has no N64 Stage so it's like =.= cause I want Dreamland back 0.0

Saffron city was awesome for reasons idk, I just like it...

Panix

Smash Ace
Panix here, just droppin in to tell you guys i picked up the lovable duo.
Been trolling for a bit and now i think im ready to say IC's are my stable 2ndary.
Picked them up because IC's really compliment snakes bad match-ups (falco,ddd,olimar)
I will be using them in tourneys, I place decent but latley haven't gotten around to going to them (works a snitch)
I can use the little buggers to most of their potential (most) but I have a problem with them.
I de-synch using the blond roll, but I think pivot B might be better for me, except there are NO videos showing pivot b or a. As noob as this sounds (and trust me this sounds noob to me) can somebody explain this to meh?
Hopeing I can contribute to this community, and hope you guys can help me out as much as possible =P

Kage Me

Smash Ace
What's special about July 4th...?

In other news: had that first major tournament today. Eliminated in the first round, obviously, but most of the matches were fairly close. I even beat one of the better Marths with my ZSS (and then lost to his amaaaaazing Ike, who also beat Jumpman's MK). Pokémon Trainer also turns out to be more viable than I thought, at least he will be when my Squirtle gets better. Conversely, my Lucario, Olimar and Zelda drastically need improvement.

As for Ice Climbers: my out-of-grab game is strong enough, to the point where I can hold my own pretty much without grabbing. Chaingrabs under pressure, however, are a glaring flaw in my ICs, and one that I should probably work on. I will, honest.

Also, I hate Toon Link. Campy little spastic gremlin with his boomerangs and bombs and bow... It's not so much a difficult match-up as it is an annoying one. Like Mario. You can get around his annoying moves (Cape and Fireball for Mario, all projectiles for Toon Link), but it's pretty difficult when you're not familiar with the match-up.

Somewhat related: is it me, or is the kebap at railway stations usually better than takeaway kebap?

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
^^omfggggggggg saffron city is my favorite smash level ever! how do you download stuff though?

lol twilight zone

edit: fawk that lol I dont have a computer right now :( I guess I can see if I can do it on someone else's next time I smash. Still Saffron city = best. level. ever. Discuss. Also why did they take out the reg. kirby stage in brawl That >>> battlefield. Do they even have any original stages left? Nintendo is so lame.

Seriously brawl stage list should have been so much better instead they give us all this gimmicky crap.
as far as downloading goes there should be a button on the page that says "Download Stage".

and yes, N64 smash had some of the g=best stages. why did they have to go and ruin brawl with **** like hannenbow? seriously. Dream Land, Saffron, Hyrule Castle, DK Jungle, etc. were fantastic stages. (Metal Mario stage kicked ***!). Melee has a lot of really good stages too like Yoshi's Story and FD (without ****ed up ledges).now we get brawl where we have to struggle for neutrals and essentially all CPs are gimmick stages (Halberd). plus there's no M2.

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
I like Hanenbow and Halberd. ;-;

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
hanenbow is crap. halberd is fun, but its really gimmicky. once the platform lands you have lasers and claws and round, exploding, things flying at you.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Did anyone do anything today? >_> I just sat in the house all day.
I went to the lake with friends and some family.

I'm so sunburned I can't move(even my eyelids are sunburned) and I have a massive headache.

Totally worth it though ^_^.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Lrn2Sunscreen, Hylian.
I put a ton of sunscreen on :(.

I'm sore from skiing/tubing/wakeboarding as well. **** working out I'm just going to the lake every weekend haha.

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
Danng you did a lot of stuff. o.o I need to hang out with you.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Danng you did a lot of stuff. o.o I need to hang out with you.
No objections here. You have to come to texas though because their is nothing to do in your state haha :p.

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
No one goes to the ICs chat do they? o.o I didn't get on AIM before, but I'm on a lot more now. Too bad I rarely talk to people though. :x

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
He consents to hang out with Karina, but he doesn't invite me to do anything other than try to CG me...

I really need to grow some boobs.

JustNoOne

Smash Lord
We need removeable boobs for people now...

I don't go on the chatbox because there's like nothing to do on the chatbox other than talk for a little bit... It's like mehh now but I'll get on it now, I'm kinda bored since I have nothing to do and I already finished watching a whole series of an anime.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
He consents to hang out with Karina, but he doesn't invite me to do anything other than try to CG me...

I really need to grow some boobs.
If you grew boobs I wouldn't even invite you over to try and CG you lol that would just be weiiirrrdddd.

The Filth

Smash Lord
I'd chaingrab me some boobs, if you know what I mean.

Nudge nudge. Wink wink.

Also, hai ice climbers, I'm switching mains to you guys <3

JustNoOne

Smash Lord
If you're gonna playing ICs, learn how to CG MK and you won't have MK problems, it's that simple.

The Filth

Smash Lord
If you're gonna playing ICs, learn how to CG MK and you won't have MK problems, it's that simple.
Oooh, amazing :3

I only just got the B-throw > D-throw chain timing right today, and found metaknight was the easiest to do it on :D

Weirdly I find the timing on sonic really awkward, it's kind of frustrating.

The main thing giving me a headache, though, is desynching. Holy ****waffles my mind doesn't work that way, I swear :<

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
Lots of ICs users yet they don't post on the boards. <.<

Edit: Desynching is really really fun. Learn it! D:<

JustNoOne

Smash Lord
Because we people that want to just CG with IC are like this:

"LOL I CAN GC TEH METANITE!"
"LOL ME 2"

Idk why people don't post here alot... Ohh well.

The Filth

Smash Lord
I'm not going to lie, chaingrabs did tempt me to the dark side.

But only because people were complaining about the cheapness of Snake. Plus I don't think there's any other tourney Icies in England, so HUZZAH! I could be the best in my country, who knows? =]

On the desynching not, what do you guys personally prefer as your startup? Rolling blizzards look too sexy too miss out on D:

KRDsonic

Smash Master
How do Ice Climber users get sunburned? It makes no sense...

*Has only gotten sunburned once in my life before, and it was when I was little*. Getting sunburned is overrated... I think I'm lucky though. I don't know how in the world I managed to not get sunburned when I was at the grand canyon for hours during one of their worst droughts ever with no sunscreen. My Nana got extremely sunburned though, couldn't chain grab with her for a few days.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
How do Ice Climber users get sunburned? It makes no sense...

*Has only gotten sunburned once in my life before, and it was when I was little*. Getting sunburned is overrated... I think I'm lucky though. I don't know how in the world I managed to not get sunburned when I was at the grand canyon for hours during one of their worst droughts ever with no sunscreen. My Nana got extremely sunburned though, couldn't chain grab with her for a few days.
Usually you have to be outside for long periods of time to get sunburned.

JustNoOne

Smash Lord
Forget sunscreen, get vanilla ice cream! Ice cream... it's a tasty alternative to sunscreen!

Srsly I placed ice cream over my hand on a hot summer day and I decided to sleep in the sun, I just had a sticky hand, but good this was that there was no sunburn and it's was a tasty cleanup :3

Teh Future

Smash Master
sunburn sucks....

imo the only new stage besides neutrals that I really like is pictochat.

PS2 is the biggest disapointment though.

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
i like the Sumit stage, but it could have been sooooo much better. i want someone to hack it so:

doesn't change
grabable ledges
more clouds

i don't care about the circling effect of battles (Spear Pillar is still fun to play on regardless).

KRDsonic

Smash Master
Usually you have to be outside for long periods of time to get sunburned.
5 hours straight at the grand canyon in 100+ degree weather isn't long?

My skin just naturally doesn't get sunburned much. I get brown and that's about it, then it goes back to normal a day or two later.

Top Bottom