• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

so i am truely finally ready to upgrade...

link2702

Smash Champion
...to one of the brawl hacks, after all the ******** stuff in brawl that i delt with, ranging from planking mks, to the IC with their broken ******** chain grab(that STILL needs to be looked over, since the current ruleset for it is still pretty ridiculous) to having bad luck and tripping right into someones move and losing the match from it, i just have finally gotten sick of it, i'm ready to truely try one of the hacks out there.

my question is though....

do any of em have a large enough scene that i'll have NO problem finding folks to play anytime i want? since i'll be mostly playing online(the smash scene in my state is like a 1-2 hour drive away, and considering that most of em haven't bothered with a hack yet....ya....) so i wanna know that i'll be able to find enough people to play in em so that i'm not stuck with just cpus.

and also....which would most of ya'll consider the most fun AND most BALANCED?

Isatis

If specified, this will repl[0x00000000]ce the
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
Depends on what you'd prefer. Check out the "Code Sets" subforum and check 'em out when you want to.

* Brawl+ is the most widely used code set out there, which is basically a more balanced and competitive fighter (as well as putting back hitstun, plus several other elements from Melee/64). There are numerous Brawl+ tournaments around as well.

* Balanced Brawl is like Brawl, but as the name implies, more balanced than the original, with removing infinites and locks, and stage viability. If you're still into a Brawl a bit (but want balance), I suggest checking out BBrawl's site and reading about it.

* Brawl- has this goal to make everything in the game broken. Not really infinite type of broken, but if do want a bit of fun, I really suggest trying them out.

* Project: M isn't out yet but it aims to be a Melee 2.0, so if you liked Melee a lot, you'll want to try this out when it's done.

NNID
Budget_Player
Brawl+ is likely to be the most balanced (it's been around for a while and is currently in gold; it won't be updating much any more). BBrawl is also quite balanced. If you're looking for balance, you might want to hold off on Brawl- for a little while; we're working on our **** but it's hard.

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
Let's see...

Brawl+ is aiming for balance, speed, competitiveness, and being true to the smash series. It adds hitstun and subtracts hitlag. It also removed infinites and chaingrabs and planking. It's got the biggest scene as well.

Brawl- is aiming for balance, fun, and wildness. Each character has been made 'broken', Ike has interruptable sideB, Pikachu has flying bair, ROB has laser barrage, etc. It adds hitlag, hitstun, and fun. Its scene isn't too big right now but who's to say that won't change?

Balanced Brawl is aiming to be balanced without straying from Brawl too much. It doesn't add hitlag or hitstun, and it doesn't subtract them either. It has codes that prevent planking, chaingrabs, wall infinites, jab locks, and other things that made Brawl imbalanced. Unfortunately, it seems to have the smallest scene of all of the Brawl codesets.

Pick your poison.

STUFF2o

Smash Ace
I suggest either Brawl+ or Brawl-. Personally, I have an SD card for each one, but really I just use Brawl-. If you're looking for competitive, fair gameplay, use Brawl+. If you're looking for more fun, choose Brawl-. You'll find more skillful stuff in Brawl+, but Brawl- is funner and more chaotic to play. If your focus is on winning or losing fairly and seeing who performs better, use Brawl+. If you don't care who wins or loses too much, as long as you have a good time, choose Brawl-. That doesn't mean that Brawl- in unbalanced though, but it's just not as balanced as Brawl+ due to its age.

libertyernie

Smash Ace
I think the reason BBrawl doesn't have much of a scene is that it's so similar to regular Brawl, you can use most of the same techniques. One of the project's stated goals is that you shouldn't have any problem switching back and forth between that and vBrawl. So if you play a lot of people in Brawl who don't use hacks, BBrawl might be good.
If you want a more complete overhaul, go for Brawl+. Brawl- is fun too, so put that on a 2nd SD card.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
also, if you really want something cool... try out melee =D

project M is pretty fun, and brawl- is def the most fun one with brawl gameplay.

link2702

Smash Champion
as much as i'd like to go with melee, like i said in my original post, all i'd have would be the cpus to face, the smash scene in my state is like 2 hours away from where i live, and then there are only like 5 people left who actually play melee,

that would mean i'd basicly only get to play against real people maybe...once, or twice a month? if that...

libertyernie

Smash Ace
The nice thing about these Brawl hacks is that you can run all of them with no permanent modification to your Wii using an exploit in the Brawl stage builder. So you can just take an SD card with you.

TL?

Smash Ace
Definately try em all and see what you like. Personally I like to play Brawl+ and Brawl-. It's not hard to find wifi matches for B+ if you go over to their chat on smashmods.

link2702

Smash Champion
suppose i should of just posted this in here instead of the codeset one X_X sry, late here, wasn't thinking

so ya....i downloaded b+, tried it out and....

its.....interesting........some things i didn't like, some things i liked, and some stuff i just downright was scratching my head wondering "why did they change that?"

many of the changes made to pit, flat out made me hate how he played in b+, link....well...kinda confused with him atm(keep in mind i did nothing but cpus atm in training mode, since i'ma bout to get to sleep soon, was just testing out how some characters felt) fox....supprisingly, i found fox to be quite fun, chances are he'll end up being my main in b+

IC....omg...i love you guys for what you did to IC....disableing the Cpu controlled ic's grab, to make it impossible to chaingrab, was exactly what was needed, it makes me wonder why nintendo didn't do this themselves when making brawl(oh who am i kidding, its nintendo....didn't put an ounce of thought into balancing the characters) zelda was another strange one i liked that i honestly didn't think i'd end up playing, sheik on the other hand, hated how she felt in b+ i'll be avoiding using her like the plague, sonic....like link, still scratching my head wondering about him, i'll find out when i can get anyone to play me to see if i like his new style in b+

mk, i was loling about his whorenado and the changes, also tried to do the IDC to see what ya'll did about that, was suppprised, figured you'd just disable it, instead of making it so when its attempted, it goes immediatly into the slash.

falco felt.....akward.....espicially when i tried to fire his lazers in the air, i know ya'll obviously did that to make it hard to spam lazers with him....but....IDK...just taking that away by itself made him feel strange to play for me(but then again thats probably cuz in brawl i camp my *** off with the spambird)

zss....another one who i didn't really like the way she played compared to her brawl counterpart... samus and ganondorf....like link and sonic...still not sure on them.

C.falcon, was ok...i'll definatly have to use him in a real match to see if i like his playstyle.

anyway, thats how i feel so far.....keep in mind i've had nothing to play but a cpu punching bag in training mode atm, if i can get some folks to play in it, i can really find out who i like to play as, makes me very sad sad on how pit plays, but nothing i can really do to change it, really was hoping he'd be my main in b+ like in brawl, but he just felt too strange in B+ to me

certain other things also felt kinda awkward, like trying to short hop aerials, i'm used to the timing of G.dorfs and C.falcons short hop dair in brawl, so that its perfectly timed to avoid any ending lag, when i tried it in b+ it didn't wanna seem to register the aerial move alot of the time, like maybe i was pushing it to fast? all they'd do would jump, i'm sure its just me not being used to the timing at all, still though....feels awkward

also noticed the auto-lcanceling, that was something else that felt strange, considering that the second i noticed the speed of the game, i kept wanting to perform manual L-cancels like in melee, took me awhile to realise i didn't need to push the L/R buttons.

on a side note, i went and watched a replay saved to my wii from an old regular brawl match just for lolz, wanted to see how wacky it got when it desynced, everyone had a score of around -5 at the end.

pointless info is pointless, but eh....just kinda found it funny. :p

TL?

Smash Ace
suppose i should of just posted this in here instead of the codeset one X_X sry, late here, wasn't thinking

so ya....i downloaded b+, tried it out and....

its.....interesting........some things i didn't like, some things i liked, and some stuff i just downright was scratching my head wondering "why did they change that?"

many of the changes made to pit, flat out made me hate how he played in b+, link....well...kinda confused with him atm(keep in mind i did nothing but cpus atm in training mode, since i'ma bout to get to sleep soon, was just testing out how some characters felt) fox....supprisingly, i found fox to be quite fun, chances are he'll end up being my main in b+

IC....omg...i love you guys for what you did to IC....disableing the Cpu controlled ic's grab, to make it impossible to chaingrab, was exactly what was needed, it makes me wonder why nintendo didn't do this themselves when making brawl(oh who am i kidding, its nintendo....didn't put an ounce of thought into balancing the characters) zelda was another strange one i liked that i honestly didn't think i'd end up playing, sheik on the other hand, hated how she felt in b+ i'll be avoiding using her like the plague, sonic....like link, still scratching my head wondering about him, i'll find out when i can get anyone to play me to see if i like his new style in b+

mk, i was loling about his whorenado and the changes, also tried to do the IDC to see what ya'll did about that, was suppprised, figured you'd just disable it, instead of making it so when its attempted, it goes immediatly into the slash.

falco felt.....akward.....espicially when i tried to fire his lazers in the air, i know ya'll obviously did that to make it hard to spam lazers with him....but....IDK...just taking that away by itself made him feel strange to play for me(but then again thats probably cuz in brawl i camp my *** off with the spambird)

zss....another one who i didn't really like the way she played compared to her brawl counterpart... samus and ganondorf....like link and sonic...still not sure on them.

C.falcon, was ok...i'll definatly have to use him in a real match to see if i like his playstyle.

anyway, thats how i feel so far.....keep in mind i've had nothing to play but a cpu punching bag in training mode atm, if i can get some folks to play in it, i can really find out who i like to play as, makes me very sad sad on how pit plays, but nothing i can really do to change it, really was hoping he'd be my main in b+ like in brawl, but he just felt too strange in B+ to me

certain other things also felt kinda awkward, like trying to short hop aerials, i'm used to the timing of G.dorfs and C.falcons short hop dair in brawl, so that its perfectly timed to avoid any ending lag, when i tried it in b+ it didn't wanna seem to register the aerial move alot of the time, like maybe i was pushing it to fast? all they'd do would jump, i'm sure its just me not being used to the timing at all, still though....feels awkward

also noticed the auto-lcanceling, that was something else that felt strange, considering that the second i noticed the speed of the game, i kept wanting to perform manual L-cancels like in melee, took me awhile to realise i didn't need to push the L/R buttons.

on a side note, i went and watched a replay saved to my wii from an old regular brawl match just for lolz, wanted to see how wacky it got when it desynced, everyone had a score of around -5 at the end.

pointless info is pointless, but eh....just kinda found it funny. :p
If you feel like your moves aren't registering then you might want to increase your buffer. It's 0 by default in B+ but in regular brawl it's 10 frames. Buffer is how many frames the game will remember inputs for. If you input a jump 8 frames before an attack ends you will jump with a buffer of 8+. For pit you have to try out his dtilt spike. For falco, you can fast fall his aerial lasers.

NeoKronos

Smash Apprentice
B+

Its its own game in its own right. I wouldn't call it more like melee or more like brawl, its simply B+.

"It's simply the best".
Go with the crowd, B+ is where its at.

Top Bottom