• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

So guys...Infinite Second Jump Recovery. We should use it more.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
Mainly with Bair. I can see the uses already and I just decided to learn the **** thing like 30 minutes ago.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fEBYxUlQVTg

I'm totally new at this, but I at least got it down once to show you guys what it looks like.

With Bair especially, this could be great. We could create a wall of Nair with it also, if we wanted. Dair I don't think you can do it with, and Uair/Fair are pretty useless.

What do you guys think?

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
I honestly don't like how you practically can't change directions while ISJRing due to ROB being bad at reaching behind himself.

That being said, it's cool, but I like using Up-B more.

HolyNightmare

Smash Champion
Mainly with Bair. I can see the uses already and I just decided to learn the **** thing like 30 minutes ago.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fEBYxUlQVTg

I'm totally new at this, but I at least got it down once to show you guys what it looks like.

With Bair especially, this could be great. We could create a wall of Nair with it also, if we wanted. Dair I don't think you can do it with, and Uair/Fair are pretty useless.

What do you guys think?
I heard that thing is ****ing hard to pull off constently, but it could be used to retreat against character that doesnt have projectiles. Lmao anyone trying to hit ROB during that would be burn to ashes.

TheMike

Smash Lord
Great!
I'll try to record a video with a longer time =]

It could be hard, but it's a nice ideia =X

stingers

Smash Obsessed
no **** its old. why would you even bother saying that? nobody uses it though. ROB actually has a really good use for it with Bair.

and it's really not that hard. did you even read my post? -.- like i said i practiced for not even 30 minutes and I can already get one, CONSISTENTLY. It's not that hard, at all. just practice.

Mr.E

Smash Lord
Personally, I'm more interested in seeing it with FAir. Does it even work with FAir? I never bothered to pay attention to its development since it seemed useless for ROB. (Not that this has more than situational use anyway...)

TheMike

Smash Lord
It´s not THAT hard to do, but using Up B before touching the ground and then rising Bair is easier =P

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
How the **** do you do it? I've never messed with ISJRs with other characters 'cept Boozer so I don't know the general concept when doing it.

Sudai

Stuff here
It´s not THAT hard to do, but using Up B before touching the ground and then rising Bair is easier =P
You guys missed this. It works. It's how I deal with Diddy bananas when I don't feel like controlling them. It's more fun to play with the bananas though. Really though, I say learn to do this, and learn to mix it in with Up-B'd BAir's to mix up timing very easily. Don't have to worry about fuel really because half a tank will get us back fairly consistently (cept against *****es like MK). Just be smart about when you use the Up-B's. I'm gonna at least try to mix this into a new ROB play style I'm growing into.

Eep.. Practicing Tech Skill for Bawrl. :x

stingers

Smash Obsessed
how would that work? do you have an item that you can keep after you throw it? @.@

or do you mean just like...one time? cuz...i'd assume so.

Nefarious B

Smash Champion
Wait why would you just zdrop bair to pick it up then ISJR. It'd be **** mindgames on a pursuing opponent, cause they'll be trying to get in in between bairs and then they get nailed with the gyro out of no where instead. This sounds like it could help ROB's meta out a lot guys, I duno. Atleast give opponents something else to consider when fighting him. Good job ;)

Sudai

Stuff here
I'm moving back to campus this weekend, but if I get time before then or sometime after and it hasn't been done, I'll make a replay showing off some of the stuff. Can't record myself, so if someone's willing to record it and send it back to me, I'll make a semi-tutorial/show-off vid with these techniques.

TheMike

Smash Lord
I'll be waiting for the video, Sudai
I do not have enough time to make one this weekend as i'll probably attend a championship =Z

Deadweight

Smash Ace
I'm moving back to campus this weekend, but if I get time before then or sometime after and it hasn't been done, I'll make a replay showing off some of the stuff. Can't record myself, so if someone's willing to record it and send it back to me, I'll make a semi-tutorial/show-off vid with these techniques.
If you can send me the vid via wii or w.e i can record it w/ my dazzle then post it on youtube w/ ur account

Overswarm

is laughing at you
WoP bairs doesn't really work against characters with fast dashes, but this would be good for characters like Falco or Diddy. Characters with fast dashes can run up and shield, then run up and grab. This would just make them shield twice. <_<

Top Bottom