• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

So Fludd is completely useless.

startoonhero

Smash Apprentice
if i remember correctly, Sakurai sed it doesnt do any damage at all.. so im assuming, it doesnt make them flinch also.. meaning it CAN and WILL be a good edgeguarding technique :)

pyroroth

Smash Journeyman
haha
yeah that really helped us discuss mario!
i now know that mario's fludd isn't useless!! ;)

why would people say it's useless though?
who has actually done a lot of experimenting with it??
I read somewhere that it has the effect of the tree that blows you around in the kirby stage.

Santini

Smash Journeyman
Well it definitely takes time to discover all the uses for every move. So don't give up on it now, even if it seems useless.

But, even if it does end up being useless, judging from Gimpy's reports, Mario will still be godly.

Got Blood?

Smash Lord
At this point,I wish that his tornado wasn't replaced. I know we still have it, but I like it in the down b position and it doesn't really sound like Fludd is workable so far.:(

Granetdud

Smash Cadet
yeah, I bet you can make up a lot of uses for FLUDD...

now I know this isn't a Luigi topic, but I got one question.
Does this Maen Luig will get to use his Poltergust 3000?

It would suck up people instead of blow them away. it would be useful for saving others in team battle and for getting opponents to come to you, ya!!!

...sorry.

mario brawler

Smash Journeyman
Playing Brawl until I have a seizure,nah im kiddin
yeah, I bet you can make up a lot of uses for FLUDD...

now I know this isn't a Luigi topic, but I got one question.
Does this Maen Luig will get to use his Poltergust 3000?

It would suck up people instead of blow them away. it would be useful for saving others in team battle and for getting opponents to come to you, ya!!!

...sorry.
well this could give it a possibility,maybe it can be used fro more than one move(b-moves,smashes,grabs)but yea that's not mario topic,the thing im intrested in the most is the charging capabilities F.L.U.D.D. has while shielding that awsome imagine being about to get shot rapid fire by the super scope(lord know's that's hell)but you shield then charge F.L.U.D.D. up to max and hose your attacker down that's awsome:chuckle:

Edu_

Smash Rookie
Yup, coming back to the stage if playing against Mario will be a problem I'm guessing...

Lone Spectator

Smash Apprentice
Imagine someone throwing a bomb-omb at you and you use the Fludd to push it straight back at them in a soaking jet of explosion and humiliation.
Can't the cape do that already?

FLUUD's basic use is to edge guard I guess...

freetyme

Smash Cadet
I think it provides Mario a really nice long rang attack. I know it took the place of the down b, but do you know if the fireball is the side b now? If so is the cape gone?

A bit off topic, sorry. At first I hated FLUDD, because it reminded me of Sunshine but it's a part of Mario's history (Galaxy is much better, but Sunshine was not awful) and should be included, along with in my opinion a galaxy stage.

Fludd is a welcome addition I'm sure many new Mario strategies will come from it.

Kips

Smash Ace
It seems to open a new avenue of play for mindgaming, edgeguarding and all-around badassery. Perhaps you can tilt it at the ground and it reduces their traction making them suddenly slip at you? Or you can push yourself off the ground? OR IT MAKES PLANTS GROW THAT DEVOUR THEM! DEVOUR THEMMMMMM! MORE BLOOD FOR THE PIRANHA PLANT GODS!

Dynamism

Smash Lord
There has to be more to it than that.
The people at the demo weren't going to spend their time experimenting with a move when the whole character was undiscovered...sort of.

Also, charging it while sheilding has gone overlooked. If you block and begin the charge imediately, it could prove as a complete wall move. Any anticipated attack will just be pushed away (or washed off)

Top Bottom