• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

So Fludd is completely useless.

Smashbros_7

Smash Ace
Is there ANY way, fludd could be used. Anything, besides sucking i mean. I want it to be good, fludd was on of my favorite characters way back in sunshine, but if he doesn't do anything. (I heard it produces the same pushing effect of that wind from the kirby level back in melee.

Smashbros_7

Smash Ace
Thank you for the positive thinking, ya Mario will come back with some crazy glitch, GO MARIO!

Nicktendo

Smash Ace
Maybe itll be buffed up in the final game? Maybe you can charge it

I hope its a good edgeguard in the final game, that seems like its purpose :)

Goat12000

Smash Cadet
maybe the reason it looked like it sucked was because no one probably charged it up. it probably needs to be charged quite a bit to actually get good knock back. kinda like samus charged beam except fludd does no damage.

kunai_abuser

Smash Journeyman
I hope something good comes from the move, if not it is a waste of Mario's alternate recovery...

SSBBKingster

Smash Apprentice
Well ill tell you somethings. You use it when your opponents about to hit you, second, use it when they are near a cliff, and third, no, no it doesnt sound like kirby's Inhale.

iron blade

Smash Ace
It goes straight and disappears in midair if you don't charge it. If you do charge it, it goes farther and does the same thing.

iron blade

Smash Ace
Not very far... You can see it charged here at 1:01. Trying to find a vid with him using it uncharged.

EDIT- Found one, you see a glimpse of it uncharged at the very beginning of this video. You get a better view of it at 0:43, it shows how smoothly it aims even without charging.

Naota21t

Smash Champion
I believe what would make FLUDD viable as a edgeguarding move would be if you could charge it up and just hold the charge. Think kinda like Sheik's needles. That would make it a lot more useful to just pull out randomly and start edgeguarding, since you probably won't have enough time to charge up and then shoot it (since they'll probably be back on the stage, or too close for it make a difference). Also increasing the knockback of the FLUDD the more it is charged would be a good way to buff the FLUDD and still make it pretty balanced.

Aaryk

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Aarykk
3DS FC
0834-3787-5311
The way I've been looking at it is something you can unexpectedly pull out and catch someone off guard as they recover. Suppose that it moves them no matter what, even if they are shielding. Then you could pull some pretty fantastic mindgames with it. If theres a will, theres a way.

and at least the tornado is still here. Keeps his recovery intact while adding depth to his defense.

Professor X

Smash Apprentice
This is just speculation (like everything else on the board), but I think FLUDD might best be used against items. Obviously you can't pull things toward you, but perhaps you could knock the Smash ball away from the opponent before they grab it, or perhaps stall Link's bombs or Wario's bike parts in mid-air.

Granted, this isn't that great of a proposed use. Mario still has the cape, and the FLUDD probably has cool-down lag. But it seems potentially more effective to use it against items that can't DI, rather than people who can.

iron blade

Smash Ace
Lol, if it does that it would be an even better edgeguard and a new mindgame... I'd do that just to piss off Fox players. :chuckle:

miztavcruz17

Smash Rookie
i dont think fludd will be useless..if u think about it, it wud be the perfect edge guarding technique

Knickknacks

Smash Journeyman
lol if FLUDD can be charged and saved for later liek sheik's needles then jump off ledge-->fire FLUDD--->cape-->recover

Naota21t

Smash Champion
hey F.L.U.U.D. is actually pretty usefull I've seen videos were players are sent flying the distance of around 3/4 of the final destination stage,AND you can charge it while your shielding!
If you can charge it while you shield, then F.L.U.D.D. just became one of the most versatile new moves in Brawl.

iron blade

Smash Ace
It wouldn't matter if the opponent flinched, they would be pushed to far to recover anyway. Unless that enemy was Pit...:p

Top Bottom