• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

So Brawl Has No Tech Skill? Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
blackfox stop posting. Please. Not even to be a jerk, just please stop embarrassing yourself and the Brawl community.
There will always be people who say a game sucks no matter how good it is.

Judging from you already completely missing my point, no, I'm not assuming you won't understand, I'm assuming it would be a waste of time, seeing as how I've explained enough to the extent where one should at least be on the subject of what I'm getting at, let alone someone with an IQ of over 140.
EDIT - Also, if you did understand, it doesn't seem like it would change much.

PassWurD

Smash Journeyman
We're not saying Brawl is a bad game, we're saying its a bad game to be played *COMPETITIVELY*

Alsoo, just watch any match of M2k vs _______ in Melee, and there's your and there's your real teching and mindgaemz.:upsidedown:

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
Did Silent Wolf just go from a Smash BRoomer to a mod, or was it just my imagination?

blackfox2765

Smash Rookie
Judging from you already completely missing my point, no, I'm not assuming you won't understand, I'm assuming it would be a waste of time, seeing as how I've explained enough to the extent where one should at least be on the subject of what I'm getting at, let alone someone with an IQ of over 140.
EDIT - Also, if you did understand, it doesn't seem like it would change much.
Well I skimmed over your post I get what your getting @ I think. But you have talked about it a lot lol so no point in continuing. I just started a new subject saying that any one who screams Melee rules Brawl sucks is a moron. Both games are great one involves more tech skill and it is stupid to argue about it.

IShotLazer

Smash Journeyman
Massive what everyone is trying to say is that the title itself is what is adding controversy.
It's not like we find it distasteful, it's almost guaranteed to draw people in comparing the games.
The title implies a comparison to Melee, which as already stated is much more technical. The title is why people are making the comparison in the first place.... though I'm sure someone else would make a comparison to it and being unnecessary.

blackfox2765

Smash Rookie
Massive what everyone is trying to say is that the title itself is what is adding controversy.
It's not like we find it distasteful, it's almost guaranteed to draw people in comparing the games.
The title implies a comparison to Melee, which as already stated is much more technical. The title is why people are making the comparison in the first place.... though I'm sure someone else would make a comparison to it and being unnecessary.
Agreed.
I feel stupid as **** for arguing this.
I feel both games are fine for tourneys I honestly would love to see tourneys held for both still so people can choose, but thats not how its going to be. :( Sad

Oracle

Smash Master
Wait, silent wolf, weren't you not a mod like 3 hours ago?

Holy crap! Congrats.

On topic, brawl is a party game. It was made to be a party game. Melee is a fighting game. It's better suited for the competitive community. Most everyone knows that melee is better, but people simply give up and play brawl because it's new. Just stop playing brawl and play melee, and we'll go back to melee.

Wait, silent wolf, weren't you not a mod like 3 hours ago?

Holy crap! Congrats.

On topic, brawl is a party game. It was made to be a party game. Melee is a fighting game. It's better suited for the competitive community. Most everyone knows that melee is better, but people simply give up and play brawl because it's new. Just stop playing brawl and play melee, and we'll go back to melee.
I was, I just chose to have my name purple instead of red.

blackfox2765

Smash Rookie
Well I guess its your opinion that melee is comp. material and brawl isn't. I totally agree that melee has more tech skill but I think brawl will be fine.

blackfox2765

Smash Rookie
Okay I agree the tripping is complete bull****, and I hate how the shielding works in Brawl too

blackfox2765

Smash Rookie
Agreed, idk I think that Brawls dodging system is okay. What I really like about Brawl at times is there is no OMFG super advanced metagame so that you could practice with ike a lot and still beat a ROB or DeDeDe

Oracle

Smash Master
Agreed, idk I think that Brawls dodging system is okay. What I really like about Brawl at times is there is no OMFG super advanced metagame so that you could practice with ike a lot and still beat a ROB or DeDeDe
wait you're happy that you can only win w/ high tiers?

blackfox2765

Smash Rookie
Wow Ankoku mean much lol

Um idk the high tiers are hard to beat in Brawl and super ****ing hard to beat in Melee. I like that in Brawl its easier to beat the higher tiers.

PassWurD

Smash Journeyman
Your movie did absolutely nothing helpful. Stop trying to take credit for people forming opinions ON THEIR OWN. O_O
Mhm, agreed. :p

good at least that means my movie did its job. Thank you
\

To that i say

Most of it was chaingrabbing, woop-dee-doo, but thanks for *trying* to prove to me that Brawl has tech skill, it just dont work...
:upsidedown:

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
-_-
It's so obvious whats going on.
And what each persons role is in this. And what they think about it.
Why do posts keep appearing?

PassWurD

Smash Journeyman
Wow Ankoku mean much lol

Um idk the high tiers are hard to beat in Brawl and super ****ing hard to beat in Melee. I like that in Brawl its easier to beat the higher tiers.
To blackfox: C'mon man you were on a role but the whole easier thing just ruined it...

That is why we usually dont like new Brawl players because they don't want to take time to learn stuff, they just want it easy.

E.M.

Smash Apprentice
That is why we usually dont like new Brawl players because they don't want to take time to learn stuff, they just want it easy.
It's not about that. The game, brawl, was made to be easy. Brawl players are trying to find useful stuff, no matter if it's hard or easy. I don't know why but it seems that melee players are pissed because brawl's metagame is being improved by small easy things here and there while melee took a large amount of effort to get useful advanced techniques down.

But you cannot DENY the FACT that the stuff you could pull off in melee was not meant to be used in such fashion (save for L-canceling, so far it seems it was placed in on purpose). It seems like the developers didn't know that wavedashing would exist because of the "land fall special", that jumping out of a shine could be used in so many different and efficient ways, that the combination of a short hop, pressing B, and fast falling would create one of the most sickest approaches in the game (falco).

There IS technical stuff in brawl whether you guys like it or not. The difference is that it's much easier and faster to perfect than the stuff in melee.

And seriously, melee only had a handful of AT's that every character can use....and yet, about half the cast sucked with them. Many characters' wavedash was garbage. Many characters didn't have personal AT's to further their metagame. For example who else can short hop fast fall laser and jump cancel shines other than Fox and Falco? If they didn't have these personal AT's, they wouldn't be top tier.

The only gamplay differences between brawl and melee is hitstun, l-cancelling, and the fact that you can't fast fall specials anymore. Not including obvious engine differences.

Laijin

Smash Hero
The only gamplay differences between brawl and melee is hitstun, l-cancelling, and the fact that you can't fast fall specials anymore. Not including obvious engine differences.
and that the game is also not very fun to play? For a competitive fighting game to last, you must be able to get better at it. You said it yourself, all the ATs in brawl are much easier to learn and perfect than in melee. You can get better at brawl, it just does'nt take very long to get better at it, and therefore less work. Once your good, there really is not much room left for improvement at all. Which in the end, makes the competitive side of brawl very boring.

If you look at other competitive fighting games such as Guilty Gear, 3S, Tekken, mVc2, etc etc. Those games all have a steep learning curve, and their fun to watch and fun to play. The steep learning curve rewards players who spend their time playing the game and learning it by allowing them to get better at the game and not lose to someone who just started playing the game a few days ago or someone who does'nt nearly practice as much as they do. Sure this exists in brawl, but its not no where nearly as much of a difference as in other games(which is why people say Brawl is too easy).

Also, fighting games really should not take longer than a few minutes per match. Everyone knows that your average brawl match takes a long time. That makes for longer tournaments. It would'nt be so bad if the game was fun to watch, but its not. Its extremely slow paced, but thats not even the reason its not fun to watch. Its just..not fun. I can't explain any better than that.

geekd

Smash Apprentice
i don't think this is the right place to harbor this argument but what the hell.

if i remember correctly melee wasn't too technical either after being out for less than a year. lets give brawl some time to develope before writing it off completely.

Silentwolf: your video was raw
please take into consideration how much more practice you've had at meele than massiveguns has had at brawl. Of course your video would win in a fight.

i also don't think anyone (hopefully) is saying that brawl is currently more technically difficult than melee because that would be laughably rediculous. I do give massiveguns props though for attemping to push the envelope for brawl players. You did bring this upon yourself though. Lets all chill and let this thread die in peace

Kata

Smash Rookie
Some of these posts are equivalent to a 10 year old who thinks swearing is cool. Brawl and Melee are too different games and I would have to agree with the poster above. Though, from personal experience I'd rather not spend a week or more learning to wavedash so I could show it off in College. Even though it -does- get you all the females and farther in life. I did see some people playing Melee though, they had sweat on their back, like huge blotches. Oh well. Sakurai did say Brawl wouldn't be competitively for the most part. Just for fun.

Mr.Fakeman

Smash Journeyman
That's what I believe too, melee in fact is a completely diffrerent game due to the changed game mechanics that brawl features. However, what I have been noticing with most brawl players around my local area is that they treat it like melee and I can understand why since I experience playing with those people and they got that melee spirit like they put a melee feel into the brawl game. I'm not trying to get corny or anything, what I'm trying to say is that I believe people think differently competative-wise because of the different layouts and mechanics between melee and brawl (which are both juxtaposed in this thread). While melee is much faster and few characters might be stronger, slower or weaker and brawl having a slower movement that melee. Yes! of course there will be differences on how to utilize stratergies in both games. I remember play brawl for the first time, I was so bad at it considering I was used to melee and I couldn't do my combos! now I'm not as good as I was before but still developing.

Resident_Smash_Genius

Smash Journeyman
Some of these posts are equivalent to a 10 year old who thinks swearing is cool.
We don't hate brawl because we're bad at it. We hate brawl because immature 10 year olds who think swearing makes them cool, like you, are the main people who play the game.

You know what isn't cool? Plagerism. Did they teach you that in college? (LOL)

I remember when melee wasn't that technical, and it still felt different than this. You have to remember that in melee's beginning we weren't "searching" for specific things the way that we are now. The community is huge and yet, somehow I doubt anything that massive is going to come along.

It'd be wonderful however if someone could prove me wrong. I really like Brawl a lot.

PassWurD

Smash Journeyman
You know what isn't cool? Plagerism. Did they teach you that in college? (LOL)

I remember when melee wasn't that technical, and it still felt different than this. You have to remember that in melee's beginning we weren't "searching" for specific things the way that we are now. The community is huge and yet, somehow I doubt anything that massive is going to come along.

It'd be wonderful however if someone could prove me wrong. I really like Brawl a lot.

All the smart people went back to Melee. :p

Dynomite

Smash Champion
NNID
GA_Dyno
You do realize that all of your "combos" were escapable and were against an opponent that did not DI?

You are pathetic. Not only do you keep trying to prove the false point that brawl has tech skill, you are incredibly terrible at it. Everything in brawl takes about a minute to learn in training mode, which is why it has no tech skill.
dont be a **** about it cuz u have no skills, god ****.. i liked. It DID take skill to pull off combos like that, most of the combos u cant even DI out of.. so saying that its bs combos or some **** like that shows how much you know. and most others are about control and knowing ur character... Great vid mate :laugh: :mushroom: power-up for brawl please?

PassWurD

Smash Journeyman
dont be a **** about it cuz u have no skills, god ****.. i liked. It DID take skill to pull off combos like that, most of the combos u cant even DI out of.. so saying that its bs combos or some **** like that shows how much you know. and most others are about control and knowing ur character... Great vid mate :laugh: :mushroom: power-up for brawl please?

Everything takes minimal time in Brawl to learn, it doesn't feel challenging enough, most of it was chaingrabs, woop-dee-doo, that's like a basic you SHOULD know in Brawl, since like every character is coming up with one...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom