• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Snake's new 3.0 side-b

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
Sorry for double post but just wanted to separate this, I can understand people preferring Nikita over Tranq and I can't really argue with personal preference, but who is actually of the idea that that Nikita is better than Tranq, as in Snake can hold himself against the majority of the cast better with Nikita?????

I will get some videos up of me playing 3.0 Snake soon, so hopefully I can help people get an insight on some effective ways to use it in your gameplay. Otherwise it's just constant discussion with no video evidence, and it will be helpful since there is no videos of people using it effectively atm.

TommyDerMeister

Smash Lord
did u kno that snake's new utilt is a pretty faithfully replicated sfiv ryu cr. HP?
IDGAF about street fighter, man. I'm not asking for sh*tty SF replications. Plus I doubt they could pull of making a shoryuken animation since they can't make a basic uppercut now. Snake just doesn't look like he's hurting anyone with his current utilt.

Snake has stayed relatively the same relatively since 2.1 except for different KB and angle value changes, so you can't be talking about Snake when saying that you feel you have to get used to new moves every update lol.
I am talking about Snake, I'm not mistaken. The guy from MGS. I know most his major move replacements happened in what I'm assuming was 2.1. But the continual small additions like the high nade toss, and when they made UpB B-reversible didn't happen till the next update 2.6 I believe. Now in 3.0 he has the tranq. Looks like those are changes I've been having to adjust from each update to me. Like I said in my last post, I draw the line at tranq. No more changes, I'm tired of it. Snake has probably changed the most of any character, and it's not exactly fair to players have to relearn parts of character that we've been used to since vBrawl days.

He doesn't feel like Snake anymore.

FlashingFire

Smash Journeyman
Writing Team
Looking forward to the vids.

Also, congrats on over 10k posts.

EDIT:
IDGAF about street fighter, man. I'm not asking for sh*tty SF replications. Plus I doubt they could pull of making a shoryuken animation since they can't make a basic uppercut now. Snake just doesn't look like he's hurting anyone with his current utilt.
Admittedly, I preferred the 2.6 Utilt, but I don't think the new one deserves that much criticism.

I am talking about Snake, I'm not mistaken. The guy from MGS. I know most his major move replacements happened in what I'm assuming was 2.1. But the continual small additions like the high nade toss, and when they made UpB B-reversible didn't happen till the next update 2.6 I believe. Now in 3.0 he has the tranq. Looks like those are changes I've been having to adjust from each update to me. Like I said in my last post, I draw the line at tranq. No more changes, I'm tired of it. Snake has probably changed the most of any character, and it's not exactly fair to players have to relearn parts of character that we've been used to since vBrawl days.
It looks to me like this is mostly your personal preference. I mean, every character that wasn't a Melee high tier has been gradually reworked to some extent as PM has progressed. The fact that Snake is also evolving with time into what the PMBR considers a more viable, balanced character shouldn't be this upsetting or surprising. If you want Snake to feel like Brawl Snake, play Brawl Snake. If you don't like PM Snake, play one of the 40 other viable characters. If you don't like any of them, maybe PM isn't your game.

I respectfully disagree. Snake feels more lethal and well-equipped than ever :)

Virum

Smash Ace
NNID
SiLeNtDo0m
3DS FC
3368-3441-2801

Sonic, Lucario and Wario would like to have a word with you, just to give you a couple of examples of characters who have had MUCH more drastic changes than Snake since Brawl.

The first character in particular is not only so vastly different to how he was in Brawl, but has been drastically changed in every major revision.

TommyDerMeister

Smash Lord
oh yeah, I forget about those two. No one really plays either of those characters in AZ, Brawl of PM. That's fair.

TommyDerMeister

Smash Lord
It looks to me like this is mostly your personal preference. I mean, every character that wasn't a Melee high tier has been gradually reworked to some extent as PM has progressed. The fact that Snake is also evolving with time into what the PMBR considers a more viable, balanced character shouldn't be this upsetting or surprising. If you want Snake to feel like Brawl Snake, play Brawl Snake. If you don't like PM Snake, play one of the 40 other viable characters. If you don't like any of them, maybe PM isn't your game.

I respectfully disagree. Snake feels more lethal and well-equipped than ever :)
If it's what the majority of the PM community wants, then that is what we should go with. But it's clearly a mixed response to the new sideB, so we'll see what eventually happens.

If I have to drop Snake because tranq is staying, fine, Snake is dead to me from that point on. I can go back to Ganon, he's still cool. Though it's feels awful to have to drop a character because the PMBR keeps making unnecessary changes in the form of brand new moves that I don't think feel right, or have even been justified, that I have seen, in any explicit manner. I have loved being able to play Snake since vBrawl and have mostly loved his transition into PM until now. So it should be understandable why I hate most of the new moves. Replacing entire moves takes away part of that characters soul everytime you do it, which is why Snake is dead to me, he doesn't feel like Snake.

NiPPs

Smash Cadet
NiPPs - I find it interesting that this is your summation from playing Rolex lol, from your description of how you feel it is I'm like 95% sure Rolex doesn't know how to use the Tranq, if he can he should upload some videos of him attempting to use the tranq in game. Also everyone I've played against with Tranq can instantly feel how much better it makes Snake in the neutral and how much more you have to respect Snake and no-one has ever felt 'This move is close to useless' or 'Nikita is better than this' and I can also feel how much better Snake is while I'm playing which is why I have a strong feeling Rolex doesn't know how to use it.
to be honest, he probably doesn't as of now atleast and i shouldnt use the word useless but more along the lines of out classed by nikita. he hasnt been able to test it against high calibur players such as dj nintendo or m2k yet so he cant really test ideal times to use it and schools over so there isnt many people for us to verse besides each other anymore which gets rather boring and repetitive.
i mean this with no disrespect at all as you are highly referred to as a superior player but i have yet to see you play someone of high caliber. people such as m2k , dj nintendo, etc. would love too see how you play against them or someone of their level in your region but obviously you being so far away would be so expensive to even get that chance. players like that will easily avoid common things such as snakes up b out of shield that rolex always gets criticized for not doing enough when in reailty it just doesnt work against players like that. I;m not trying to compare up b oos to snakes tranq but the point im trying to make is that simple little tactics can easily be avoided by better players as im not a challenge for rolex for the most part.
How do you feel the Nikita is better in terms of effectiveness in gameplay? If you don't know how to answer you could always ask Rolex?
This is his word for word response: " Zoning, kill move, defensive move to keep them away. 3 things the tranq cant do"

The Nikita is a straight up noob-killer, people who don't know how to play against it get destroyed, people who know how to play against it, just roll or block it and you get NO rewards from it except edgeguarding.
The same can be said about the tranq as it can easily be blocked, dodged, or even just lay on the ground after a grab(dont tech) and it will go over you.

- you can instantly mash out of it before snake can stick/grab/punish you
No, you can't lol, you can even get a free grab at close-mid range 15% if they are close to you unless someone starts mashing frame perfectly the moment they get hit and then buffer rolls immediately, which 0% of the community does. And at higher percents you can most definitely get a free grab, C4, or Fair WITH MASHING. Complete misrepresentation.
Out of every single person (including me) to play against rolex with the tranq, every single one of us instantly mashed out of the tranq sleep. Literally the second after we got hit we all were able to get out. there were over five of us able to do so without any effort at all really.
- Instead of tech chasing them with it, another grab into a chain grab/c4/ side tilts/side smashes is more consequential than getting hit by the tranq gun. The lag from using it doesnt allow snake to reach his opponent in time in most cases before they can mash out. the higher the percent snakes opponent is, the longer he has to run after the tranq gun. (this is not factoring down throw into the equation just f/b throw.)
What do you mean the higher the percent the longer he has to run after the tranq gun....the lag is the same...and this basically was your first point as well which I don't agree with, it obviously is percent dependant, but it would be OP if they were asleep for any longer than they are.
I didn't word this properly. my fault. im basically saying the higher your percent the further the kb of b/f throw which means snake has to run more to catch the opponent after the tranq gun shot unless the opponent has ******** di. they should be asleep longer then what they are but it shouldnt be so easy to mash out.
- a general re-grab follow up can't be shielded which makes grab the better option 9/10 time.
what im trying to say here is that given the opportunity when u can choose to tranq them or tech chase them, a general re grab follow up cant be shilded whil tranq can be sheilded or even if u just lay there you will shoot the tranq right over the opponent(not including bowser and maybe dk)
I'm confused at what this critique for tranq even means :confused:

we dont have recording equipment or anything but here's his most recent videos against dj and m2k from warzone 3. not sure if it will show you anything youd like to see but yeah

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ggF3KUtelDU vs dj

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YMq3ekrFuA8 vs m2k

obvious skill difference between dj and m2k but still shows some cool stuff

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
Computer is being garbage again so I can't quote posts lol, so I'll just copy and paste responses.

NiPPs
'to be honest, he probably doesn't as of now atleast and i shouldnt use the word useless but more along the lines of out classed by nikita. he hasnt been able to test it against high calibur players such as dj nintendo or m2k yet so he cant really test ideal times to use it and schools over so there isnt many people for us to verse besides each other anymore which gets rather boring and repetitive.'
Testing it against high level players wouldn't be necessary lol, if he's struggling to find uses of it against low level players, then playing high level players won't increase the chance of him having more success of it, which is why I want to see him play with it because I'm reasonably confident he is using it wrong if he's finding little use with it.

'i mean this with no disrespect at all as you are highly referred to as a superior player but i have yet to see you play someone of high caliber. people such as m2k , dj nintendo, etc. would love too see how you play against them or someone of their level in your region but obviously you being so far away would be so expensive to even get that chance.'Well I had a set with Arrmada the day before he went to EVO which got recorded and I beat him 4-3, and I still have the footage, but it's corrupted and lags a lot in it so there's no point in uploading it, so I'm obviously not bad at this game against high caliber players.
And as for other people considering me as the better Snake player, I think that's because people have watched me on stream (where the majority of my footage has been) and youtube and they just think I play more effectively or better with Snake.
And no disrespect to Rolex but from watching his matches (and since I keep update-to-date with a lot of PM events I've practically watched all of his) I still feel I understand Snake more and play him better than Rolex and I guess a lot of the community sees that as well, that's just me being honest, he is still good though. Also I am looking to come to the next Genesis or Major US tournament but I am attending a big EU tournament in Feb to hopefully take best EU PM player first.

I'm still EXTREMELY unconvinced that it's useless or inferior to Nikita from what I have played with, and unless video evidence is uploaded that makes me see otherwise then this is just going to be a continuous discussion of experience, and on your behalf it will just be you passing on information of Rolex's reaction to tranq.
Will there be any chance of you being able to get some matches recorded with Rolex or Rolex playing other people using the tranq? I'll try to upload vids or post a stream I'm on with me using it and demonstrating it's effectiveness.
If you can't then fair enough, but there won't be much more for me to add to this discussion if you or Rolex are unable to upload anything lol.

NiPPs

Smash Cadet
Computer is being garbage again so I can't quote posts lol, so I'll just copy and paste responses.

NiPPs
'to be honest, he probably doesn't as of now atleast and i shouldnt use the word useless but more along the lines of out classed by nikita. he hasnt been able to test it against high calibur players such as dj nintendo or m2k yet so he cant really test ideal times to use it and schools over so there isnt many people for us to verse besides each other anymore which gets rather boring and repetitive.'
Testing it against high level players wouldn't be necessary lol, if he's struggling to find uses of it against low level players, then playing high level players won't increase the chance of him having more success of it, which is why I want to see him play with it because I'm reasonably confident he is using it wrong if he's finding little use with it.
He beats us pretty easily so he doesnt even use the tranq gun against us which is part of the problem right there haha. Doesnt use it enough to figure out its opportune times. We have no recording equipment or anything. would love to upload some stuff. Would love to see you stream also so he can watch for ideal opportunities to use the tranq.

'i mean this with no disrespect at all as you are highly referred to as a superior player but i have yet to see you play someone of high caliber. people such as m2k , dj nintendo, etc. would love too see how you play against them or someone of their level in your region but obviously you being so far away would be so expensive to even get that chance.'Well I had a set with Arrmada the day before he went to EVO which got recorded and I beat him 4-3, and I still have the footage, but it's corrupted and lags a lot in it so there's no point in uploading it, so I'm obviously not bad at this game against high caliber players.
And as for other people considering me as the better Snake player, I think that's because people have watched me on stream (where the majority of my footage has been) and youtube and they just think I play more effectively or better with Snake.
And no disrespect to Rolex but from watching his matches (and since I keep update-to-date with a lot of PM events I've practically watched all of his) I still feel I understand Snake more and play him better than Rolex and I guess a lot of the community sees that as well, that's just me being honest, he is still good though. Also I am looking to come to the next Genesis or Major US tournament but I am attending a big EU tournament in Feb to hopefully take best EU PM player first.
Hate when the footage gets corrupted, especially when two big names are squaring off would have love to seen it. I never questioned you being the better snake main as i do believe you are just because of your melee experience and longer experience with project m. Rolex only has a year of experience in project m and never played melee. Sounds dope man wish you luck and im sure you will do extremely well.

I'm still EXTREMELY unconvinced that it's useless or inferior to Nikita from what I have played with, and unless video evidence is uploaded that makes me see otherwise then this is just going to be a continuous discussion of experience, and on your behalf it will just be you passing on information of Rolex's reaction to tranq.
Yeah he doesn't want to make an account because he hates how stupid some of the some of the community is. This isn't the case here though.

Will there be any chance of you being able to get some matches recorded with Rolex or Rolex playing other people using the tranq? I'll try to upload vids or post a stream I'm on with me using it and demonstrating it's effectiveness.
If you can't then fair enough, but there won't be much more for me to add to this discussion if you or Rolex are unable to upload anything lol.
yeah if his gf ever buys stream equipment like she wants then we can start streaming but until then we dont have squat haha. Im sure hell have some stuff recorded at apex unless he scrubs out haha

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
Fair enough, I hope that goes well then as I really am interesting in seeing how he plays with it and MOSTLY how he has adapted his gameplay for it to still have a low success rate with it. Also if you can (that's if you haven't already) show him this conversation just to let him know that it would be good if he could get some footage and just so he knows that I want to see him use the tranq.

Xethos

Smash Cadet
?!
I'm just tired of having to keep adjusting to new moves every update.
This is project m. It's under construction as we speak. If you want a balanced and enjoyable experience for everyone, not just some players, you will have to wait until the pmbr "finishes" project m. Remember, this mod has barely even begun. There are still 7 character waiting to be added, and balances waiting to be made. If you don't want change, you came to project m at the wrong time.

Also, I don't understand you logic on the forward smash in brawl. I found it almost useless; plus, who shoots an RPG at their own feet? The new fsmash represents snake better and is even useful.

I LOVE the pm utilt, but I think the 2.6 animation looked more fluid tbh :|

NiPPs

Smash Cadet
Fair enough, I hope that goes well then as I really am interesting in seeing how he plays with it and MOSTLY how he has adapted his gameplay for it to still have a low success rate with it. Also if you can (that's if you haven't already) show him this conversation just to let him know that it would be good if he could get some footage and just so he knows that I want to see him use the tranq.

hes adapting to it more now. played some friendlies and we both figured out some good times to use it. it's not as useless as i was making it seem either haha. hes already seen it, def gonna try to get some footage too. Hes going to ktar 8 this weekend too so maybe hell get some footage there too

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
That sounds really good, I'm glad to hear that he's adapting to it and finding uses. Remember you can reload after the second shot by pressing shield 6 frames before you shoot, was mistake on our be
Hopefully he gets far enough in the bracket so they will record his matches because I am still interested in seeing how he uses it. :)

edit - I just realized that most tournaments nowadays start recording from pools so I'll probably very likely see him play at some point AND prob be on the livestream.

Zujx

Smash Apprentice
Personally I'm loving the new snake side-b
it makes snake feel more melee I've felt for awhile now that snakes rockets didn't make sense in a melee environment & I'm glad it was recognized.
The rockets can slow down the pace of the game immensely they aren't hard to dodge they are just completely obnoxious.
Snake feels a lot more satisfying to play in 3.0 the tranquilizer gun feels extremely rewarding.
It might not be perfect but, it's really fun. I'm sure it'll be upgraded overtime.

Ibex

Smash Rookie
What if you could change from nikita to tranq with uptaunt, or something like that? Or depending on the skin you pick?

With the transition from 2.6 to 3.0, I can't play snake 1v1 anymore. In a 4 way match there's enough distractions to plant bombs and reload and stuff, but when I'm getting hounded there's really no time for me to do much of anything with the tranq.

FlashingFire

Smash Journeyman
Writing Team
If you're getting hounded, UpB out of shield is a great way to break up pressure and start some combos.

TommyDerMeister

Smash Lord
If you don't want change, you came to project m at the wrong time.
I've been here the entire time, man. What are you talking about? I never said that I didn't want change. I never said PM Snake needed to play exactly like Brawl Snake either, like duh, that would be ********. Moves can be changed without coming up with whole new animations for them, just adjusting properties, hitboxes, etc. is all that needed to happen to Snake, not new moves.

...plus, who shoots an RPG at their own feet?
I don't know, why can Peach fly?

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Tranq gun is way more interesting (and better) than Nikita, I don't miss Nikita at all.

People should watch Rolex vs. Ally, Tranq gun does work.

Rolex needs to get on that Up-B out of shield though. I spent half of that set thinking #snakeplayerproblems when I saw him get tossed into his own mines and ****. I feel that pain. Most of the time I don't even plant them if I'm over 80-90% any more. Not worth the risk.

NiPPs

Smash Cadet
That sounds really good, I'm glad to hear that he's adapting to it and finding uses. Remember you can reload after the second shot by pressing shield 6 frames before you shoot, was mistake on our be
Hopefully he gets far enough in the bracket so they will record his matches because I am still interested in seeing how he uses it. :)

edit - I just realized that most tournaments nowadays start recording from pools so I'll probably very likely see him play at some point AND prob be on the livestream.
i was just about to post the above video and the one against m2k for rolex haha. but yeah looks like i was beat to it. versing ally he made a lot of technical mistakes that ultimately costed him the match but all the sets were so hype. he could of won the ally set especially if he hit that last tranq in game 5. idk if u saw these yet pro but id figured id put them here since u wanted some footage of ktar and these were the only pm matches recorded besides grand finals.

edit: to the above comment. he doesnt up b out of shield a lot against very skilled players like m2k or ally because they crouch cancel it 9/10 as you can see ally doing that alot in that set. against players of lower level where it works a lot more often he does up-b oos more often

edit 2: one more thing professor pro. i was totally wrong about being able to mash out of tranq instantly. only at like 0-25%ish you can do that haha so i stand corrected there with out a doubt. Rolex still hates tranq and you can tell he obviously needs to get a better hang of it still but once he gets it done im sure hell realize how good it really is. some htings i dont understand was how the c4 didnt stick on the opponent sometimes after the tranq.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DHRolTLTxqs&feature=c4-overview&list=UU5WNBHwgluAwWJE5QV-5_TA

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
i was just about to post the above video and the one against m2k for rolex haha. but yeah looks like i was beat to it. versing ally he made a lot of technical mistakes that ultimately costed him the match but all the sets were so hype. he could of won the ally set especially if he hit that last tranq in game 5. idk if u saw these yet pro but id figured id put them here since u wanted some footage of ktar and these were the only pm matches recorded besides grand finals.

edit: to the above comment. he doesnt up b out of shield a lot against very skilled players like m2k or ally because they crouch cancel it 9/10 as you can see ally doing that alot in that set. against players of lower level where it works a lot more often he does up-b oos more often

edit 2: one more thing professor pro. i was totally wrong about being able to mash out of tranq instantly. only at like 0-25%ish you can do that haha so i stand corrected there with out a doubt. Rolex still hates tranq and you can tell he obviously needs to get a better hang of it still but once he gets it done im sure hell realize how good it really is. some htings i dont understand was how the c4 didnt stick on the opponent sometimes after the tranq.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DHRolTLTxqs&feature=c4-overview&list=UU5WNBHwgluAwWJE5QV-5_TA
Well Im glad you've been honest about your reply but Im still a bit confused on how much you and he actually played with it to originally come to the conclusion that it was useless and you could mash out instantly. :confused:

To the Up B comment I dont agree with the 'doesnt work on good players' there were a good few scenarios where he could of and even if they CC you can get a free stick and at mid-high percent CC wont be a beneficial or viable strat against it.
CC isnt as effective against Up B as you're implying.

As for the C4 not sticking after the tranq that was simply because he wasn't close enough.

Is Rolex going Apex btw, I can't go but Jolteon who's really experienced in the MU is going and wants to MM Rolex to take him out lol :p

NiPPs

Smash Cadet
Well Im glad you've been honest about your reply but Im still a bit confused on how much you and he actually played with it to originally come to the conclusion that it was useless and you could mash out instantly. :confused:

To the Up B comment I dont agree with the 'doesnt work on good players' there were a good few scenarios where he could of and even if they CC you can get a free stick and at mid-high percent CC wont be a beneficial or viable strat against it.
CC isnt as effective against Up B as you're implying.

As for the C4 not sticking after the tranq that was simply because he wasn't close enough.

Is Rolex going Apex btw, I can't go but Jolteon who's really experienced in the MU is going and wants to MM Rolex to take him out lol :p
quite a bit but not a lot lol which would explain why i thought that. he was using it at too low of a percent to make it as truly effective as it could be

i dont got as good of an eye when it comes to spotting ideal things to do or proper situations to do something but thats just a lack of experience on my part. based off of your knowledge of the game though ill take ur word for it.

yes rolex will be at apex. his gf is driving us and a few other people. idk what his situation will be money match wise but seeing how competitive he is, i dont see him turning it down haha

Iceman

Smash Apprentice
I've been here the entire time, man. What are you talking about? I never said that I didn't want change. I never said PM Snake needed to play exactly like Brawl Snake either, like duh, that would be ********. Moves can be changed without coming up with whole new animations for them, just adjusting properties, hitboxes, etc. is all that needed to happen to Snake, not new moves.

I don't know, why can Peach fly?
This game is still a demo, so you should have adopted the mindset that any character you decide to play could be changed with any update. If the PMBR have a vision for the final version of this game, then we just have to adjust accordingly. You can continue to play Snake or you can switch to Ganon. If you don't want to contribute to the growth of Snake as a character, then it would be better if you left. Complaining is not very productive. Also Peach could fly in a previous installment of Mario, so it fits her character. I don't remember Snake being able to shoot an RPG at his feet and live in any MGS game.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
yes rolex will be at apex. his gf is driving us and a few other people. idk what his situation will be money match wise but seeing how competitive he is, i dont see him turning it down haha
Sounds good. I actually want to see the MM but sadly I probably wont unless someone records on their phone. I have a feeling Jolteon will win convincingly though :p

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Moves you can feasibly and frequently kill with as Snake in PM:

Uair, Fair, Bair, Dair (offstage). Nair kills later enough than the other ones to not really be worth using as a kill move.
F-tilt (2), U-tilt.
Jab (3).
F-Smash, D-Smash.
STICKY. STICKY. STICKY. (Which effectively turns Side-B, D-tilt, F-tilt (1) Crawl-tilt, U-throw, D-throw and Dair into kill steups)
U-throw.
Side-B. (Into any of the above)

Snake has plenty of killing options.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Sticky is the best kill move. Holy **** its good.

Upthrow upthrow sticky. I love it so much.

Xethos

Smash Cadet
this was huge nerf i loved nikita so much, you drive me to ROB

is it just me or do snakes moves not kill as much anymore, he went from having all moves kill in brawl to barely any
If u cant kill with snake, ur doing something wrong. snake can kill At percents as low as 70 with fair and sticky. Ftilt can kill at 120. I have way too many kill options with snake when I play. it gives me a headache.

NiPPs

Smash Cadet
So jolteon never made it out of pools and we never saw him again so the money match ain't happening I guess :/

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
So jolteon never made it out of pools and we never saw him again so the money match ain't happening I guess :/
He must be there for the third day, I can't see him actually leaving the venue, it's not like he can exactly go home lol.
I'm obviously not at the venue and I can't really contact him so ask Rolex to find him if you can contact him.

Nguz95

Smash Lord
I have to say Rolex did pretty well with the tranq. He adapted and started using it more and more as the tourney went on.

The Milk Monster

Smash Champion
I've been using the Tranq quite a lot. I sometimes use it to read ground techs, and, even airborne, it's nice that it stops the opponent from their current action. In the Sonic MU specifically, since he's always going around doing his own thing, it's nice to get a little breathing room when he's airborne. As long as you keep a mental note of how many tranq's you've used, it's pretty manageable. I like it quite a lot.

this was huge nerf i loved nikita so much, you drive me to ROB

is it just me or do snakes moves not kill as much anymore, he went from having all moves kill in brawl to barely any
A Rolex esque combo, if you land an Over B, sticky, upthrow, Detonate. Sometimes after the sticky, the opponent is able to mash out of the sleep, but most cases, I've noticed they are pretty nervous with the Sticky on them, since you could detonate it at any time. The things I've done in this situation is fake a detonation to trick them into shielding and then going for the grab. Jabbing them to bait something out then hitting them out of it with up or over tilt, or tricking them into shielding and pivot-grabbing into up throw detonation. Over tilt is a pretty good kill, up air has a really good hitbox and can kill pretty early horizontally. Back air is pretty decent for baiting recoveries, down tilt is a good set up at higher percents into up air, and then there's always over air. Down smash is good too.

Snake can still kill very well.

Jonny Westside

S4mus Fiend
NNID
Jonny-Westside
3DS FC
4098-3340-4061

SpiderMad

Smash Master
That looked to be a B-reverse, either one would work for that though wavebounce would flip you back facing forward

Last edited:

standardtoaster

Tubacabra
It works like any other hit in the game. Hitting from backside will turn you around. In the leffen clip he was trying to drift back during the SHDL. He got hit unexpectedly and ended up doing sideb

Top Bottom