• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Snake vs. Zero Suit Samus

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
hrnut on fearless' account

simple on paper not on application...riddle i need to fight you so i can actually learn the matchup that you apparently already know...its unfair that i don't get to play you more lol
I mean, I could just... tell you what to do.
It's really easy, Snake has answers to stuff.

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
Pulling grenades at the last second usually helps when we're in a tight spot.

Bair or Nair can work depending on angle but if Zamus gets under us its really bad. We cannot outpriortize her Up Air lol

Sometimes Cyphering away and attempting the mixup the recovery is the best option. Our options are indeed limited though. B-Reversals are our best mix up.

Dropping C4 scares people sometimes.

napZzz

Smash Hero
snake has the options but its still rough to land

cant she jump back and side b if you try holdin a nade?

I dont really see how to get around her ground game either. On paper it might look good for snake but in game its more difficult between her pistol shots and side b's, they really hurt snakes momentum to get close and camping ability imo, and nades aren't THAT hard to dodge if sent above her..

I shouldn't say how to get around it, more like she has options to what snake has as well

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
snake has the options but its still rough to land

cant she jump back and side b if you try holdin a nade?

I dont really see how to get around her ground game either. On paper it might look good for snake but in game its more difficult between her pistol shots and side b's, they really hurt snakes momentum to get close and camping ability imo, and nades aren't THAT hard to dodge if sent above her..

I shouldn't say how to get around it, more like she has options to what snake has as well
Dash attack beats both paralyzer and side-b.
Clearnly.

Also, for the jumping away with a side-b, just fast-fall.

RATED

Smash Lord
Dash attack beats both paralyzer and side-b.
Clearnly.

Also, for the jumping away with a side-b, just fast-fall.
I play this MU a lot and I agree with you, Snake's dash attack is pretty good against ZSS if used correctly. Learning to play with ZSS armor pieces as Snake helps a lot.

( inb4snakehasnogoodglidetossoranythingelse)

The problem here is that ZSS can juggle hard with Uair and if we lose momentum or get desesperated we WILL get *****.

I never have played a ZSS like yours though( Nickriddle) so that I can't truly say if I am correct or not.

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
I play this MU a lot and I agree with you, Snake's dash attack is pretty good against ZSS if used correctly. Learning to play with ZSS armor pieces as Snake helps a lot.

( inb4snakehasnogoodglidetossoranythingelse)

The problem here is that ZSS can juggle hard with Uair and if we lose momentum or get desesperated we WILL get *****.

I never have played a ZSS like yours though( Nickriddle) so that I can't truly say if I am correct or not.
Snake gets hit 10 times.
Then he f-tilts 3 times.
Even.
Also, unless the ZSS gimps SNake, you should be living around 160 every stock.
ZSS... dies from u-tilt, with good DI, on FD, at like 125. (Gets taken to 125. Gets hit around 108.)

AfroQT

Smash Master
Seriously NickRiddle is right.
this is easily 6-4 Snake.
Unforunately for ZSS, her biggest weakness is YOUR shield. Her grab is not quick, i dont know the exact frames but its extremely easy to react to. Her forward b (during ground game) should NEVER be a problem. It's extremely slow start up, and can be reacted to with a dash attack which will end the move + damage.

Shes extremely light, kill percent on some stages is as low as 90%. A few reads and an uptilt is all it takes for a stock. Grenades also -can- disrupt her game. Simply put, snake isnt trying to get in, ZSS is trying to get in. Once you realize that her forward b is NOT GOOD IN THIS MATCHUP AT ALL it will require an AGGRESSIVE ZSS to take you down. She can do big damage or gimp once she gets in. But when you learn how to avoid/punish her dash attack and her mixup game you'll be fine.

Take no chances when recovering, go high, be prepared to c4 if it comes to that, mixup your recovery. She can hurt you while your recovering. But if you come back, no matter what percent, she has to get in again to land a kill move. (I once lived to 250+ versus Nick).

Thats all i can think of.
Oh and the only way to deal with Dsmash is to not take chances with it. If you see her starting it up and you ARENT already hitting a button. Just avoid it/shield it.

Takeover1806

Smash Champion
This mu is really hard for zss, she has to punish snake in the air and **** his spot dodges.
She also has to know has to space properly which most zss players don't do well.
She dies so ****ing early it's not even funny lol

iFudge

Banned via Warnings
neutrals i prefer fd/ps1, idk zss does really good on bf imo vs snake

ban wise, always brinstar imo, we can wing it at rc pretty well, but brinstar is kinda meh.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
ive never played a national tournament level ZSS, but in my experience i've never had much trouble with the match up.

you just have to be mad patient and don't let her out camp you. dash attack is beast in this matchup. in my experience ZSS basically just try to wait for you to make a mistake. like 90 percent of her moves start up quick and windown quick, so they throw em out hoping you'll try to punish something that you can't punish.

also I think she's pretty good at pressuring your shield.

don't underestimate her grab. it out ranges your f-tilt. but im pretty sure you can spotdodge a grab and land a f-smash if you're quick enough and predict it lol

ZSS isn't really good at getting to the ground safe, not as bad as snake lol but not that good, so pivot grabs kind of wreck her.

in the beginning when she has projectiles its kind of a pain in the *** because they do quite a bit of knockback and keep you from controlling the stage. if she had that **** the whole match she'd probably **** snake, she can do ridicck combos with the items. but after that its not that hard.

ZSS's aerials are quick, but i think that could be to her disadvantage in a way, because they're so quick ZSS players have to wait until you're in their small range to hit you. you could FF a bair or something way before you're in the range of being hit by them. sometimes theyll like up-b you or something but in my eyes, you're just helping me get to the ground faster lol thats where i wanna be.

never try to punish forward b. just let it go. or jump the gun with a dash attack before she gets it fully out. unless the ZSS is an idiot and does like a standing or jumping forward b which you can just powershield and do whatever.

ZSS raps airdodge happy snakes, but good snakes should be mixing it up and playing it safe, and in that case, zss doesn't **** us any harder in the air than any other character

iono

trickyghost

Smash Cadet
I play a lot of friendlies against Zamus and for me just camping with nades and being generally patient always worked best, there's really no reason to go aggro against her (most of the time you're letting her come to you). The only tricky thing in the beginning is the pieces but as long as you can read where she will throw it or try to z-catch you'll be fine. Oh and definitely punish and grab attempts since she has so much lag. 60/40 Snake all the way.

MysteryRevengerson

IT'S A MYSTERY TO ALL
I played three different Snakes with my ZSS, and I gotta say, camping Snake is pretty difficult to overcome. If snake doesn't camp efficiently, the matchup becomes significantly easier for ZSS. Watch out for our flipkick and don't blindly run off stage, 9/10, ZSS is gonna make it back. Also, a note on the pieces, these are awesome at the beginning, and I highly suggest tossing them off-field should you get your hands on it. Not a **** one, but if camping is done well, it's 60/40.

Top Bottom