• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Snake vs Samus help (not disucssion thread)

DarkLava

Smash Rookie
so i'd like to know how to play a samus that camps. For example, rockets, lazers, Zair. Bombs go get canceled out by all of its things or blows up. also i do believe that a fully charged lazer can go past nades. So if any tips on how to play against a campy, away-playing Samus.

napZzz

Smash Hero
do your best to powershield the zairs, they always air dodge right before it so if you can catch it hit them, because thats what they do up close

otherwise try to jump or duck around her **** while throwing nades/cooking or w/e you're gonna do, you should be able to win the camping war if you're smart enough, just pay attention to what missiles she shoots and be careful of the charge shot

etecoon

Smash Hero
you can outcamp her for the most part, the only problem I've encountered with samus as snake is if they decide to plank

Sake-Hato

Smash Apprentice
okay all you have to do is simple and you got this match in the bag.

So a samus loves to camp and run,what i usualy do is set a c4 on one side of the stage and work your way to the side shes on with nade approaches once she trys to get out of there and move you place a quick dsmash on the other side so you have both sides covered therfore your forcing her in the middle were you want her.
Ducking/crawling is good in this matchup also nade grab to nair is a great way to force yourself into her.
Your nades block her fully charged B move so always have a nade near you to clash with it or just PS it its not that hard to do.
tilt away when your close :D or just nair since samus loves to shorthop

Reyney

Smash Apprentice
1. powershield projectiles
2. MOVE. throwing her spacing off is rly important in this matchup - don't let her set up them win win situations by standing still and throwing nades

-Ran

Smash Master
Samus is at her weakest when she's ascending with a jump, and at her safest when she's descending with an aerial.

SuSa

Banned via Administration
[color="CEFG78"]Powershield. Everything.

Learn distances you can punish if you powershield. Learn distances that you should retreat.

Easy matchup once you learn the zoning - which I used to have an entire thread dedicated to zones - and why projectiles in Brawl suck except like 4 of them.
[/color]

Savon

Smash Ace
The matchup against Samus will turn into trench warfare easily. It will mostly become a battle of who has better control of their projectiles.
It is worth noting that if Samus can get you off of the stage you are basically screwed. She WILL spike you and no matter what you do the floaty nature of Samus will allow her to go right back at you if you try and recover.

SuSa

Banned via Administration
The matchup against Samus will turn into trench warfare easily. It will mostly become a battle of who has better control of their projectiles.
It is worth noting that if Samus can get you off of the stage you are basically screwed. She WILL spike you and no matter what you do the floaty nature of Samus will allow her to go right back at you if you try and recover.

1) Yes.
2) Snake has better projectiles, and more of them. Samus just has Zair. =|
3) No... she'll wrack up damage, but Snake's know how to avoid Samus's spike. You just have to learn the difference between her and Diddy spiking you. This isn't to say you'll never get spiked, I've been spiked plenty of times by Diddy's and Samus's. But it won't be nearly every time if you're any good and/or willing to take damage over a stock. (Considering Samus can't kill without getting you offstage and spiking you, or at stupidly high %'s..... I'd rather take the damage)

4) Recover far and high. > Samus.

She's floaty with sub-par air movement. B-reversing from high up will just cause you to eat something that isn't an aerial... most likely a zair or missile.

Sync.

Smash Champion
Remember she also has no kill power so make sure you don't lose those stocks until you're pushing 180%.

For her projectiles, make sure you powershield everything she throws out. This is one match-up where being mobile and approaching is beneficial. Know her habits in which she shoots her projectiles. Usually a kill set-up she'll fire two or three missiles of varying type (super missiles and heat seekers) and fire a fully charged charge beam. Your grenades beat a lot of her projectiles and I believe you can jab heat seekers (missiles have HORRIBLE priority by the way). Also, watch the spacing of her zair because a fully extended zair will deal 7% (3% more than any other hit of it) and will deal high knockback.

If you're off stage recover high as to not get spiked. None of her moves break cypher other than spike I believe. Her other aerials are alright, bair is considered one of her kill moves, and fair is used for returning on stage from the ledge. Remember she has a sex kick as well so watch out for that. An approach Samus's use is u-air (always auto cancels and gains priority the longer it stay out) to f-smash or d-smash.

The only things Snake really needs to worry about in this match-up is the edge game (NEVER challenge a planking Samus she has an above-average edge game) and the zair. Zair has amazing range and auto cancels so Samus can do many combos out of it.

Remember though, she has no answer for that f-tilt of yours (as long as you're not terribly predictable) and u-tilt has ******** range on her. If I remember correctly, when you d-throw Samus you can crouch to avoid her get-up attack and stop her back roll so that further limits her options.

Edit: Sorry for the wall of text.

iamjason8

Smash Journeyman
Two words.

UP TILT.

Hyesz!

If she's close, F-Tilt or grab. From my experience she's not hard to tech chase. Then you can out camp her with the aforementioned C4 across the stage and Grenades. Just learn the timing so when you throw them they explode.

Good luck!

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
60:40 samus, her zair beats everything. She kills us early and her missiles are better from melee
60:40 snake. you Reeeeeally should read this thread. if samus is beating you then you need work brah.

All of what SuSa and ... well pretty much SuSa covered everything you need to know.
Sync. did pretty well with it too actually, Napzz kind of has it, I don't usually follow any patterns with my spam, I just do what works and what the moment calls for.

Samus' mix grabs up with their spam because we KNOW you powershield stuff so if we run at you, DUDGE. Snake wins this only because of our lack of killing moves, and your obscene amount of them.

Snakes shouldn't be in the air so our Utilt kill is rendered useless. we have other set ups that are inescapable unless your DI is amazing. our spam gets terrible when your percent hits about 80%, the only thing that still works for damage racking is zair, and we have to be in the air, which isn't a good place to be considering your Utilt hitbox can hit us from like the middle of Zair if you shield it.

Samus jsut sucks, why do you want to know all this? :\

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
Apparently not, but in case his isn't either...you know what, he could still not know what he's doing and should have a decent chance of winning.

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
Screw Attack is fast, Pretty sure you can drop a nade and blow us out of it though if you know we are going to do it. What the hell samus do you play :\ if they miss with SA then you get such a free hit, or you can plant a c4 on us then utilt for style.

Shield also works, just get a bit of MU exp and she should be no problem at all to handle. and read susa' post three times

Top Bottom