• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Snake VS Ike

Mike444

Smash Cadet
Snake has a big advantage over Ike due to Ike's recovery.

When Ike is coming back to the stage using his side b, fly the nikita in front of him. he will hit the nikita and fall to his death.

When Ike is coming back to the stage using his up b from under, fly the nikita to where he will jump up before catching his sword, hitting him and sending him further away.

Fafnir

Smash Apprentice
Why not just Nikita spam? Don't worry about any advanced stuff against a guy like Ike, Nikita and 'nades should be all you'll ever need. Perhaps a martial attack every once in a while to push him back, but most of this fight should be done at range.

Jeff Highwind

Smash Ace
Yea Nikita edgeguarding is a standard tactic devised by Crom. It's only easy on Ike because he's so sluggish.

abit_rusty

Smash Lord
NNID
Rontuaru
3DS FC
2895-8974-0662
Well I dunno...sure, you can gimp his recovery pretty easily but I wouldn't underestimate a good Ike. Luckily Snake is heavy because Ike can usually finish the job in a few key attacks, as long as he's good at capitalizing on your mistakes. The Ike player is definitely working harder in this matchup :p

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
General rule of thumb.

Whoever has to work harder is at disadvantage.

Rangles

Smash Rookie
This snake vs. ike match made me the happiest man.

Nothing like beating a trash talking Ike without losing a stock and then being cussed at.

Race

Smash Lord
I've played a lot of decent ike's and if they use him the right way he's deadly. . even for snake, a know a few ike players who can beat me 2 or 3 out of 7 matches I play them. Dont underestimate set-ups into fsmash. . they kill!

B.A.M.

Smash Lord
NNID
Bambatta
well in all honesty as long as ur cromslide throw some cromkitas here and there. crom tilt with a flipping cromdrop, then edgeguard with a cromcancel then u should be fine easily. Infact just make ur taunt say crom as u edgeguard them with the box. instant 4 stock kill.

Snaaaake!

Smash Cadet
Now to make legible the hilarity, in case some of you failed to undersand the bad typing skills.-

In fact, just make your taunt say "Crom!" as you edgeguard them with the Box, instantly killing 4 of their stock, making you win.

Announcer voice: Actually, Boxguarding, as I shall call it, could be viable. Face away from the edge of the stage, and put on and take off your box very quickly. The box falls off the edge of te stage, screwing up the recovery of whoever is in its path.

Top Bottom