• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Snake Up B Boost

Staco

Smash Champion
I invented this, while trying to come back to stage, after jumping down + fair
if you make up b, after the jump, the up b starts slow and gets faster and faster
you can start the up b with full speed
just make it directly after the jump
its really a difference
you can test it at final destination

double jump and up b at the highest point of the 2nd jump
you will get out of the screen
now double jump and up b at the start of the 2nd jump (needs a little bit timing)
you will start with much more speed
and you will get out of the screen + you get damage (so you see, its higher)

and its rly useful to come back at the stage, because you have got much more speed at the start of the up b
I made jump, fair down the stage, then recovery with jump + up b
when I used Up B Boost for this, it was a faster back at the stage and much better to recover ^^

Staco

Smash Champion
dont know
I rly didnt noticed it, if I used it
and I didnt know, that I can make this (maybe I made it sometime without realising)

Azgner

Smash Apprentice
it was known. Hey anyone has noticed that in the beginning of the up b, during some really weird circunstances, snake sometimes auto-sweetspots the ledge without letting the cypher go?
I've done this once or twice by accident...

Joker490Frozen

Smash Champion
yep knew it, but anyways does anyone know how to use your jump after using your Cypher, cause i was messing around with the CPU and notice that they will use their Cypher and then jump afterwords, so I just wanted to know it this is possible or the CPU just cheats.

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
Yeah, I've known about this since like the first week the game came out lol.

yep knew it, but anyways does anyone know how to use your jump after using your Cypher, cause i was messing around with the CPU and notice that they will use their Cypher and then jump afterwords, so I just wanted to know it this is possible or the CPU just cheats.
I've never seen it before. But what I'm guessing happened is that he was footstooled when he was doing his cypher. If you're footstooled during it you get your cypher back, so I'm guessing that if you haven't used your jump yet and then you get footstooled you'll be able to use your saved jump as well.

I can't test it right now though. I just tried to do it for ten minutes by myself, but it's way too hard to control two controllers and cypher, switch controllers, footstool out of the cypher, switch back and try to jump haha. I'll try it later when I have someone else to help me. Or someone else could do it and let me know.

and Joker, your sig is sick!! I'm so jealous haha. Wanna see a magic trick?

Azgner

Smash Apprentice
No, they werent, I'm sure. It's a mistery, just like the snake's up-b sweetspot

Top Bottom