• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Snake? Snake! SNAAAAAAAKE!

Kirby King

Master Lameoid
Premium
BRoomer
As a few readers pointed out in the comments in the last entry, SSBDojo updated as expected and gave us some <a href="http://www.smashbros.com/en/characters/chara5/index.html">information on SNAAAAAAAKE!</a> As we’ve heard, Snake won’t be using guns but rather a variety of explosives.

Actually, Snake’s page didn’t really reveal anything new… other than that we’ll have to “wait and see.”

Hey, tell us something we don’t know.

S

Shadow Mario

Why doesn’t Snake use both guns and explosives why didn’t you give him guns too? you should make him have and use both guns and explosives but instead you just gave him explosives and no guns why?

D

dave

The game publishers didn’t feel it to be very “Nintendo” if Snake used real life guns.

G

Goldenmuffin

As if explosives aren’t any worse? They already HAVE explosives, in case you weren’t paying attention i.e. Samus’ bombs, Link’s bombs, bomb-ombs, motion sensors, electrodes, and Clefairys to name a few.

D

Danny

BRING BACK GANNONDORF!!!! DONT MODEL HIS MOVES AFTER ASSHOLE FALCONS THOUGH. MAKE HIM ORIGINAL AND ABLE 2 USE HIS WUNDERFUL SWORD

D

dave

Goldenmuffin, do everyone a favor and learn to comprehend what you read before you respond, moron.

M

Mathew

Maybe Snake will just be another Falcon clone, I mean his movements do seem to loke a lot like his (falcon)!
Just think about it (if you saw the screenshots of him) one of the screen shots has him in a “bending over” position in midair. Kinda like Falcons up B move.
Not to mension EXPLOSIVES instead of GUNS, come on.
Althought I could be wrong……..

D

dave

It’s possible Mathew. Then again, the producers of the game hinted that’d he’d use “Mainly explosives”, if anything, I’m sure he won’t be anything like Falcon this time around.

It’s really hard to say. He’ll probably turn out to be a character that takes a bit of practice and timing to use properly.

xatm092

Smash Apprentice
The reason nintendo are using explosives not guns is because all characters should be able to pick up guns. Also it is easier to make explosives look comical and fun then it is guns.

I don’t really care, as long as they keep Marth. I have not lost a battle using Marth in over 2 years. Then again I don’t have any worthy competition, so I guess that doesn’t really count for much.

xatm092

Smash Apprentice
Sorry for double posting, but I forgot to say ROY SUCKS!!! DONT ‘T USE HIM! He is the slow, skill-less powerful version of Marth!

My friend used to use Roy until I completely owned hiim with Marth, now he has seen the light. Now we have fairer duels (I still win of course). And just so this doesn’t go too far off topic, I don’t like the idea of snake really that much because Smash Bros. has always been nintendo characters, and mostly the cute and fun-to-play ones like Mario, Young Link and Pikachu. But Snake is a bad-ass guy with a gun and explosives! I don’t get how they are going to make him fit in.

Oh yeah, and Zero-suit Samus looks hot.

S

Squish

There will be no dupe characters in this one, all the clones will be revamped. Check a couple post’s down on the removed char post. read the link. XD

D

Dark Link

the lastest update just in three new characters were just mented here is the website for it http://www.codenamerevolution.com/?p=809

they are Bowser Jr., Wind Waker Link, and ridley I think

Ryuuseiken Marth

Smash Apprentice
Bowser Jr, WWLink, and Ridley are NOT confirmed!!!!

I do not want ANY original characters taken out!

By the way, When will Sakurai update the site again with more characters? Or will it rot with no updates until the Tokyo Game Show? I’m anxious for more information!

Ryuuseiken Marth

Smash Apprentice
By the way, that comment originated from a fake poster. Santa Claus Mario is confirmed(Yeah right, satire).

T

Tim

http://www.gametab.com/news/591957/

In case you didn’t already know, folks.

T

The Mario fan Boy

originaly posted by Mathew.

I think you have a point. It seems that Snake will be very similar to Flacon though with projectiles. Even though he is confirmed I don’t like the Idea of him being in the game just because it should be little fun nintendo characters and possibly sonic and shadow thats it for me

N

Nintendo veteran

Snake should be cool, and the explosives thing doesn’t sound to bad, but I recon the game should have more retro characters like megaman! Or even some of the sega retro’s like sonic, alex the kid or even shinobi! Now that would be awesome!

S

SUper Flash Bro

It is a good thing that snake wont hae guns because if he does he will killl everyone

S

SUper Flash Bro

The Mario fan Boy u suck because who the **** is flacon

G

Goldenmuffin

Wow @ Super Flash Bro.

1st post: Not true at all, if Snake did have guns, they would find a way to nerf them and stop them from completely unbalancing the game. Look at Fox. Falco. Samus.

2nd post: Obvious, and pointless as well.

3rd post: Unneeded and stupid flame. Anyone with half a brain stem can tell that he meant captain falcon.

A

Aunysia

zero suit samus better be good cuz in the game when she didnt have her shoulder suit on she only had a stun gun ….they better give her a good weapon :(

A

Aunysia

hey and xatm092 roy is hot and marth looks like a queer… it looks like he has a head band in his hair (a girls head band)plus roy is maybe slower but he is stronger so Xb

L

lilko

all i know is that pichu should GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. imean look it gets hurt by its own powers and so easy to beat ican beat my cousins and sisters if they have pichu

K

Knucklehead Shark

Super Smash Bros Brawl

Playable Characters at the Start

Mario
Link
Pikachu
Kirby
Samus
Zero Suit Samus
Wario
Pit
Solid Snake
Ridley
Bowser Jr.
Cell Shaded Link
Bowser (He will appear in Super Smash Bros Brawl)

L

lilko

knucklehead shark how abot they put Giga bowser as a playable character

K

Knucklehead Shark

Why sure but you know I am not the one who made the game to was the company and yes Bowser is a playable character in Super Smash Bros Brawl but I will try to get the company to tell them to make Giga Bowser a hidden character.

K

Knucklehead Shark

So the playable characters at the start is Mario, Link, Pikachu, Kirby, Samus, Zero Suit Samus, Wario, Meta Knight, Pit, Solid Snake, Ridley, Bowser Jr., Cell Shaded Link, and Bowser are the playable characters at the start.

R

Ridley Fan #46

Hey lilko now lets think who the hidden characters are.

R

Ridley Fan #86

I think one of the hidden characters is Kanden and Spire

Top Bottom