• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Snake fixes (#2)

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
Keep this next one secret... apparently any character with an item (I'm assuming, although only Link was shown) can recieve a 0 lag landing... which means people can use our own grenades to do this.. but this also means we can use our own grenades. :) (without having to pull one in air)

We can also use diddy kong's bananas I presume.... and any other one (stating obvious)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pZSpnfdV46Q&feature=related

iirc you can't do any other throw but up for this to work, so the use is situational at best.

JRC LSS

Smash Apprentice
You can platform cancel with a grenade, but I can't get the timing. Somebody NEEDS to look into this.

Also, I can sometimes do a platform shield cancel without having my shield actually come up. Like, I'll instantly go to a crouch or something. I'll be working on this, but having other insight into the situation would take a load off my back. I just want to know the mechanics behind it. Hell, this is probably documented in Tactical or something, but iunno for sure. If it's manipulable, a slow-as-**** character (Snake) gets a virtually lagless platform cancel that goes into some boss tilts.
You need to just lightly hold the shield button as you do it. I haven't tried it myself, but here's where I saw it:

Light Shield Platform Cancel

Reyney

Smash Apprentice
i just posted it in another thread but here agin:
zero lag platform cancel with uair is possible <3

*edit
i experimented a bit and i found out that its possible with bair, too
seems just a lil bit easier than uair

i will be as flashy as mr r soon =D
and i see a lot of platform techchases comin ^.^

*fair works too ..xD

how i do it for those who don't know:
double jump (while holding controle stick down) > csticked fair/bair/uair > let control stick go off at the right timing for not crouching/ or tilt or dash in a direction immediately for spacing ur grab etc.

xDD-Master

Smash Champion
i just posted it in another thread but here agin:
zero lag platform cancel with uair is possible <3

*edit
i experimented a bit and i found out that its possible with bair, too
seems just a lil bit easier than uair

i will be as flashy as mr r soon =D
and i see a lot of platform techchases comin ^.^

*fair works too ..xD

how i do it for those who don't know:
double jump (while holding controle stick down) > csticked fair/bair/uair > let control stick go off at the right timing for not crouching/ or tilt or dash in a direction immediately for spacing ur grab etc.
Additionally:

If you hold a grenade, you can do this:

Hold Control Stick down -> C-Stick side / up

This will result into instantplatform cancel, but still having the nade in your hand :) (0 Lag i think) so not throwing it, as you would if you do it with c-stick down.

I also found another thing out, but it's difficult to explain, especially since english isnt my mother language ._.

But: It's possible to go form grenade holding into air dodge and grabbing the nade.

It works something like that: Be on the very edge of a platform (While looking "into" the platform), then B. While you hold the nade, go BACK (You will drop of the platform now) and now instantly press L/R, you will grab the nade with an air dodge.

Could be somewhat useful I think as well...

Oh and picking up an item when a platform, is easy as well, just ran to the item and press shield+down.

rofljont

Smash Apprentice
So Sheik can jab us eh?

We still need to figure out the naritake-like step **** that's going on in this video...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PXXIyk_Fb6M

I'm assuming it's related to the light-press-down [very precise btw] and then any move you want.... and I'm also assuming it can be used by any character. May prove useful from time to time.

Also these are the grenade tactics I'm going to be testing on how to use grenades to control the field better along with c4+mine setups.

im pretty sure u put up a vid of this a long time ago and explained it, i remember that

Top Bottom