• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Snake Discussion

6Mizu

Smash Champion
Somewhere in the SubspaceEmissary(NC, Morrisville)
no no no no no

when u throw them off u have 2 options depending on what snake does. either immediately jump and fair him and do the whole fair fair fair follow up kind of thing and gimp him
or if the snakes gonna dj nair, wait a sec and uair the nair

fair fair fair uair makes no sense lol
OH! Sry, I that's why I was arguing...I didn't understand the explanation.

But, anyway...the point is this'll work.

Wait, what about if Snake uses Cypher as soon as he's thrown off stage. This means he'll make it back on stage faster right?

Sudai

Stuff here
I actually like FAir > FAir > FAir > UAir to gimp spacies (and a few others, it's just most common on them since it requires short recovery options). It's super occasional but it's hilarious because you FF the UAir so you don't hit them with the hit that goes up (or go up past them using Up-b, but same idea) and then you just recover and sing the "My Up-B is Awesome"* song.

*My Up-B is Awesome-
"Tralalala, my up b is awesome~
Your up b is woesome~
Tralalala...
Tralala.
Trala.My up b is awesome!"

As for actual discussion:
-If he immediately cyphers, grab him. Now you get to gimp a Snake who's doing C4 recovery.

-UAir is a legit counter for DJ NAir. I thought people had been doing that since Snake's just asking for it putting himself in that position? If you can't do it fast enough, just time the powershield and go from there. Snake's NAir is one of the easier things to PS if you're just standing there.

Afrayail

Smash Ace
True story. I quit Olimar because his up B just can't compare to our robotic operating buddy's.

Silhouette

Smash Lord
if you never would've thought of this then I just dont know what to say
Well I would have, but hadn't put much thought into it because I don't run into many snakes here. Took Chibo awhile, but he was good enough to post it and make sure we all knew.

I've heard a lot of people that have had decent ish ideas or may have found something potentially useful, but they're too afraid to post on the boards because they've seen people get torn down or called a noob; and this is across all of the SWF.

Perhaps it's naive, but I think it would benefit everyone if posts all around were a little less prideful/hostile when it came to things like this. We all just want to help our beloved R.O.B. and his community succeed, so it's silly to try and detract from helping others.
^^^THIS^^^

Why would you run into this. It's very slow. From what I remember it takes Snake's Fair 23 Frames to come out, it has no IASA, and it ends around Frame 68 or so.
If you throw Snake off and he tries this...wait on the ground and simply punish his horriblebad Fair or grab his landing.
lol snake fairing in that sit. is awful. ur fair will always hit him first. all u need to watch out for is nair
Exactly, our Fair is Frame 6...compared to him double jumping > Fair.
Also, Nair is no problem, because you can:
- DI out and maybe counterattack, and you'll only get 23%.
- Since he pretty much has to land with and the fact that his Double Jump will only take him so high up... punish it with Shield Grab, Pivot Grab, Gyro, Laser, etc.
Guys, calm down, it was a typo. I meant to say Nair.

OH! Sry, I that's why I was arguing...I didn't understand the explanation.

But, anyway...the point is this'll work.

Wait, what about if Snake uses Cypher as soon as he's thrown off stage. This means he'll make it back on stage faster right?
I'm guessing you got caught up in my typo and missed what I was trying to say, no harm done though, I saw the confusion going on and was trying to clear it up.

TeeVee

Smash Lord
jabx2 them offstage - charged up smash if you can predict the double jump nair for an early kill

(works more than you would expect)

stingers

Smash Obsessed
get snake offstage -> get lots of damage

because its the only way you have to rack it fast in this matchup

Teh Future

Smash Master
Robs view of the matchup:

get snake offstage -> get lots of damage

because its the only way you have to rack it fast in this matchup
Snakes view of the matchup:

hit rob with any move -> instant lots of damage

because any of the moves you have rack it fast in all matchups.

and its even right?

loooooooooooooollllllllll

Teh Future

Smash Master
he really doesn't though.... anytime you camp snake can just run forward and powershield > 21%

plus your rob so once you get hit you get ***** almost as badly as snake does lol

but whatever I think snake is dumb and broken so anything i say about him is probably exargerating because nothing he does makes sense to me =D

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
yes. rob doesn't need to rack damage fast to win. he gets a lot more hits in compared to snake.
are you kidding? yea you do. damage is so important in this matchup. all of snakes attacks do more damage than rob's (except uair) are a lot easier to land, and then snake kills rob MUCH earlier than the other way around. you know how I killed takeover 3rd match last stock? he was at 0% and i was at like 100 or so on halberd at kill percent. I ledge camped and chipped off damage and seized opportunities till I got him all the way up to 160% or so without me taking more than 20% from playing safe then landed a kill move. one botched thing and i would have gotten utilted.

Bees!

Smash Ace
idk. I don't have a particularly hard time vs Snake(then again I haven't played any amazing snakes.) But generally it seems like ROB outcamps and outranges Snake so as long as you play it safe you should not take much damage. idk though. I guess its like as long as you poke at the right moments and stay away from tilts its easier imo.

Afrayail

Smash Ace
I think I have a terrible time with spam/camping in general. Seas of grenades make me @_@, and I have ridiculously hard times with spammy Falcos
then again, are there any other kind?

best tips when snake is spamming grenades?

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
dont worry if you have a problem with a spammy falco, ur supposed to lol. i HATE that matchup. im waiting for my big epiphemy vs falco lol

do what sudai said but be careful. if snake catches on he can time it so grenades are flying at u as u laser making u blow them up in your face, which is hard to stop from how slow shooting a laser is. lately iv been doing is depending on when he throws em (like if theyr not about to blow up) il shield it then when it pops up jump up and insta throw them back at him. if it doesnt make him go boom then it stalls himself to stop throwing em for a sec

Sudai

Stuff here
dont worry if you have a problem with a spammy falco, ur supposed to lol. i HATE that matchup. im waiting for my big epiphemy vs falco lol
I seriously don't think it's that hard? PSing lasers is easy. It's easy to reaction grab armor through his DACUS if you PS the dash attack (and no "What if he follows a laser for the DACUS?!" because it's super rare they'll dacus without a laser right there, you just PS both.). FTilt range means our FTilt hits him at the end of an IAD, granted you'll have to PS that too. So you have a way to get in FTilt range. All he can do from there is IAD, Laser, or Shine, IAD and shine being punishable, laser being punishable too, but you have to do a preemptive ^FTilt once you see him jump.

What exactly gives you issue, Chibo?

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying it's easy, but it's not really hard either. Just have to learn how to PS. lol

TeeVee

Smash Lord
well, im going to a tourny today in ct (ny/nj is going) and im going ALL rob (i know i said this before and i went back to diddy/mk/wario, but im serious now) and ill make sure to get some vids recorded vs bizkit and/or fatal (both are INSANE vs rob...bizkit has beaten every single rob hes faced in the past like 5/6 months including me, raffi, joebot, and chibo too i think and fatal has beaten holy in a money match and ***** every rob he faces). i found some new tricksies vs snake and hopefully they will work.

Snake vs. ROB is a bad MU imo. There are so many things that Snake can do to screw us over. Snake can render our Gyro game useless if he places his nades and mines right, although if you're in the air you've got a slight advantage.

Laser makes me cry.

His aerials are all heavier than ours, and grounded Bair can just come out of ****ing nowhere.

Granted we've got a better offstage game because his jumps are sort of meh, but he pretty much controls the ground, which is bad because that means no more FTilt pokesies.

Idk, I may just be really emo about this MU or whatever and we may have not as bad of a time as I think we do, but nobody can really argue that Snake doesn't give ROB a hard time.

Bees!

Smash Ace
It depends for me. Whenever Snake does a full ftilt you are generally out of range of the first hit of another and can ftilt oos and hit him. Also gyro is amazing(as always) but more so in this MU. Helps retreats, punishes landings and so on. Can blow up grenades. Generally if I start having grenades blow up in my face I just reset my camping. (Use irregular patterns and rhythms) Honestly Yes Snake is tough but not as much as others I have fought. Then again the only Snakes I have beaten are the Snakes here in Colorado(Who aren't top ranked snakes) and the top player from El Paso. No East coast Snakes or Cali Snakes. Or oos snakes. So idk. But I haven't lost to a Snake in tourney since last October. I guess I need to go oos and change that. :bee:

Also the easiest thing to avoid imo is Snakes bair. Just shield, or pivot grab. The only time that move gets me is when I get greedy.

Zwarm

Smash Hero
I have a mental block against Snakes when I play ROB, so I usually just go Dedede. =D

I hate the ROB vs. Snake MU, I'm so terrible at it.

Bees!

Smash Ace
I love it. Not killing doesn't bother me in the least. So long as I can camp the Snake its quite fun.

Afrayail

Smash Ace
I'm just bad against spam in general. I absolutely despise Falco with a burning passion anyway, he's so stupid.

Anyway, yeah.. I guess I gotta work on PSing better. I just have a hard time on flat stages; approaching/etc.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
I hate how some people think that Spacies **** Rob because they outcamp him. Not talking about you Afrayail... I find the spacies MU easy. PS the lasers, enjoy your ftilt. Bair then phantasm. You don't need your projectiles. Also if you shoot a lazor when Falco is offstage at the level of the ledge, if he reflects it, he dies.
One of my most played MU's. I don't really have any problem with lazors. The worst you can do is get annoyed by them, the best thing that can happen to Falco.

And oh yeah, this is Snake discussion. I have played some against my country's best Snake. The matchup is tough, I lose most of the time. It's evenish MU IMO. I gotta play more against him with Rob, usually I just go MK :p

napZzz

Smash Hero
run away, do your best to avoid nades, and **** up snake once he's in the air/offstage. Simple but the obvious

Blindman!

Smash Apprentice
or throw them back it may leave opening for gyro or laser if he screws up there be lil more damage in r favor...... but i also have really bad time with this match up so is it better just to avoid trying to dair him for early kill? and also i find picto chat to be amazeing place for snake mu anywhere without platfourm is good i think...

Top Bottom