• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Snake boards i need your help with the wolf match up..

Sake-Hato

Smash Apprentice
I have no clue how to fight wolf.. i dont know what beats what it seems like we cant out camp him or anything, maybe its just a wall of mine but i need help on this matchup.

so i played choice this weekend for 2nd place and his wolf beat me pretty bad and i had no clue how to play this matchup.. please help, back air is to good :(

CP him to lylat cruise, learn to PS his laser. Camp i don't care if you think he out camps you he can't stay far away and kill you. I don't think you can beat his bair perfectly spaced because i read a while ago a frame or two before the foot goes out the hitbox appears. Maybe crouch to avoid bair and use it to punish his landings.

Next time put something like this in general. Now we're gonna see this for like 4 months if not longer

napZzz

Smash Hero
powershielding is really important in this matchup.....i like pivot grabbing too if you can use it correctly

be careful up close, wolfs can be tricky with **** like jab/shine/smashes/grabs MIXUP GAME

MoNrA.1

Smash Cadet
i think in this MU is very very important read wolf move, cuz they re very fast.
Jab is useful in this MU and Pivot Grab > Wolf's Nair, whatever ..my english sucks. :p

Bizkit047

Smash Lord
Bair is the single reason this matchup can be tough for Snake in any way. Just walk away from it if you can lmao. You can ftilt the landing or powershield the Bair and if it's not perfectly spaced you get a grab.

Sake-Hato

Smash Apprentice
so its looking something like this.

PS Everything XD and space his back air for me to punish right? but either its me or it seems wolfs bair is lag-less
as for camping he can just reflect or destroy them with is reflector but i see, im going not to jump at all and stay grounded 24/7 lol
X__X

thx guys

etecoon

Smash Hero
reflectors are only really viable against snake if you allow them to be. throw them overhead and strip them, medium lob them so they don't come back, shield drop and dacus out of nade stance if you see him starting to use it, cook them and throw them so they detonate on contact etc., snake has plenty of options against it

I usually don't need to camp wolf anyway though so idk, snake wrecks wolf really hard up close in terms of risk/reward

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
some tips

dont use second hit of ftilt on shield (good advice in all matchups, but wolf can punish with fsmash so its important here)

dont try to punish bair unless you can make wolf space it wrong, which is done my moving in and out to skew out his spacing, harder to do then it sounds so if its not working for you, dont keep trying it in a tourney match.
best punishes I found were timing a dash attack on his landind (not a good thing to spam as it will get picked up on and punished) and doing a sliding slide in which, if spaced right, gives you a grab.
crouching can beat bair too, keep that in mind.

you cant really outcamp a good wolf at medium range, but at longer ranges you can, as etecoon said, throw your nades and strip them in front or behind him so reflector doesnt touch them, cook them, land them above him on platforms etc.

Top Bottom