• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Meta Smooth Lander and Heavy Gravity (SLHG)

BlueFury

Smash Cadet
On a side note, I've been thinking about a mode that allows for the customization of all the mechanics presently in Sm4sh that could be toggled or adjusted (with a slider or on and off switch) at a whim that would reach out to those die hard melee guys but still keep Sm4sh as a game of its own. I believe if I could somehow find a way to get it to the Sakurai and Sm4sh team they would consider it if presented properly. I will explain briefly what I mean by all this.

These mechanic toggles or adjustments I spoke of are as followed:

Character Hit Stun
Shield Hit Stun (shield punish)
Dodge Roll Speed
Aerial Lag Reduction (Smooth landing pretty much)
Gravity
Game Speed (similar to special smash but can be adjusted better with a slider with a set number scale)

When I researched what people complained about I believe these were the most common, I might have missed some I'm not sure but these are the majority of what people complained or wanted to be implemented or adjusted through patches. I bring this up because if this "Custom Mode" as I call it, were present Sakurai wouldn't have to balance anything for this mode because that's the risk you take for setting up however you wanted to play. If you wanted to set it up like melee and you find a character/characters "op" in custom mode you can't get upset because it has nothing to do with the original Smash 4 mode which Sakurai made an emphasis on by making it one of the main modes. My point is he wouldn't have to balance as much, he would pull in more competitive players, and the casual players can play however they wanted to "Everybody wins."

It may be a pipe dream but if I could get this to the right people it could help the community immensely.

TheDerp

Smash Cadet
Roses are Red, Violets are Red, Everything is Red.
NNID
DerpynessRules
On a side note, I've been thinking about a mode that allows for the customization of all the mechanics presently in Sm4sh that could be toggled or adjusted (with a slider or on and off switch) at a whim that would reach out to those die hard melee guys but still keep Sm4sh as a game of its own. I believe if I could somehow find a way to get it to the Sakurai and Sm4sh team they would consider it if presented properly. I will explain briefly what I mean by all this.

These mechanic toggles or adjustments I spoke of are as followed:

Character Hit Stun
Shield Hit Stun (shield punish)
Dodge Roll Speed
Aerial Lag Reduction (Smooth landing pretty much)...
I've actually had something close to the same about that in min for a while, it would be really cool to share certain settings that you uniquely made in the Share menu Online as well.

ZADD

Smash Journeyman
NNID
zaddthemadd
To keep the spirit alive I made another compilation. I tried to focus more on the aspects that define SLHG from Vanilla. More inescapable combos, or setups that force a decision. Hope ya'll like the video!

BlueFury

Smash Cadet
I've actually had something close to the same about that in min for a while, it would be really cool to share certain settings that you uniquely made in the Share menu Online as well.
Yea that would be pretty cool man so far it was meant for offline play but I'm sure it could work for online as well.

Do you think this could be more balanced then Vanilla Smash?

Also great video! I liked the Meta knight Combo, that was pretty cool!
I can't say if that'll be the case or not but it would open up a lot more characters. I mean honestly think of it as a more enhanced version of the already present SLHG.

To keep the spirit alive I made another compilation. I tried to focus more on the aspects that define SLHG from Vanilla. More inescapable combos, or setups that force a decision. Hope ya'll like the video!

Nice vid man hope this reaches more people and the combos were beastly =P

Last edited:

KeithTheGeek

Smash Ace
NNID
bkeith
3DS FC
5026-4475-8239
Do you think this could be more balanced then Vanilla Smash?

Also great video! I liked the Meta knight Combo, that was pretty cool!
I think that since we now have some characters that gotten the boosts they need, from both the mechanical changes and Smash 4 balance patching, we'll have more characters that are balanced towards the top tier. Basically we'll probably have more viable characters, since most of the characters that are good in vanilla stay good and we get some more characters that needed a small push like Marth raising through the ranks.

I'd like to think even among the mid-tiers and low-tiers the difference in power is reduced since characters generally become safer to use and can potentially rack up more damage. But I do worry that we may see some of the lower characters drop off because of fundamental issues with their kits.

I honestly think a character like Bowser might be worse off in SLHG despite gaining buffs. His punish and edge-guarding game is more powerful because characters simply die sooner, but he doesn't have much in terms of kill confirms and he doesn't gain that many new combos coming in from vanilla. Additionally he's even easier to combo than before, and the heavy gravity makes successful edge-guarding attempts against him more devastating.

For the most part though, I think balancing only stands to be improved from vanilla.

ArtfulHobbes

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ArtfulHobbes2.0
3DS FC
4339-2578-0811

I really like the combos in this one man. This is your best one so far. Keep it up!

ZADD

Smash Journeyman
NNID
zaddthemadd
If you guys have any suggestions for my videos, I'd love it. Specifically on what the content should be represented.

If you want all of the combos to be true and defined, it might take a lot longer to make a video simply. Personally, I like the concept of showcasing the insane punish game SLHG has to offer. Where missing a single tech, incorrectly rolling, or whiffing a hit will lead to an inescapable setup. (whether or not that finishes with a stock).

As myself and other players get better and better, I believe the combos will become truer and truer. Just like Melee.

Last edited:

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
The problem with this is the Moon Launcher Protection badge. This make it harder to knock fighters upward. It punishes those who kill sending foes upward and it makes stages with high ceiling silly.

Muro

Smash Lord
If you guys have any suggestions for my videos, I'd love it. Specifically on what the content should be represented.

If you want all of the combos to be true and defined, it might take a lot longer to make a video simply. Personally, I like the concept of showcasing the insane punish game SLHG has to offer. Where missing a single tech, incorrectly rolling, or whiffing a hit will lead to an inescapable setup. (whether or not that finishes with a stock).

As myself and other players get better and better, I believe the combos will become truer and truer. Just like Melee.
Ok then, I'll try to give some helpful feedback.

Good:
- I like the intro, short simple and to the point.
- Your choice of music seems to be on point for every video, and I like the volume ratio (music vs in-game).
- Video length is alright too, It's better to have a shorter video only with the best combos than have a long video with lots of filler.
- You stopped putting a lot of clips just because they end in a kill. It's ok to show combos that don't end in kills.
- More true combos and less reads/hard reads.

Could be improved:
- Still too many clips show hard reads into kill moves. That doesn't show very well why SLHG is awesome since it's also present in base smash. The best example here is the Zelda kill on marth with Up B in which the only difference would be the % it kills at.
- Seeing players pick the same answer to a situation over and over after it didn't work before could lead to people thinking these combos only work when the opponent doesn't know what he's doing. To escape combos you can: air dodge, double jump, aerial, tech and DI mixups. In order to properly showcase SLHG depth it would be nice to see frame traps on airdodges and techchases too. Some of the combos showed only worked because the juggled player kept trying to combobreak with an aerial time after time. The mewtwo clip in this last video is a good example of what every clip should be like: you set him up with an up tilt, he jumps away to avoid a followup. Comes down with an aerial and you beat it, comes down with an airdodge and you frame trap him. That's the kind of variety I'm talking about. If it had a tech chase somewhere in there it'd have been perfect.
- To reiterate:
1) It's fine to show a player being punished for missing a tech, but a clip where he misses 4 techs in succession is not that impressive.
2) It's fine to show a player getting juggled after trying to break a combo with a nair, but getting caught in that same thing again is not that impressive. If after getting caught the first time they tried to air dodge and you frame trapped it, then it'd be fine.
- There are still clips where the person at the end of a combo SD's. If you pull a cool combo and the person SD's, it's better to leave out the SD imo.
- Not enough edgeguards (personal preference here).

That said, I'm sure a lot of it can be improved with time as you and your friends get better and also a better selection of the clips you use. I hope my critique doesn't seem too harsh because I really enjoyed the video, but at the same time it still has room to grow.

Last edited:

BlueFury

Smash Cadet
I think you're doing fine ZADD with the combos since we're still at the learning to intermediate stage of SLHG honestly but
I guess if it's really up to reaching a certain target audience then yea we need more actual set ups/true combos present. Like Muro stated try to pull in more of what SLHG is all about but other than that keeping doing what you can it's appreciated regardless.

Last edited:

ZADD

Smash Journeyman
NNID
zaddthemadd
Ok then, I'll try to give some helpful feedback.
That said, I'm sure a lot of it can be improved with time as you and your friends get better and also a better selection of the clips you use. I hope my critique doesn't seem too harsh because I really enjoyed the video, but at the same time it still has room to grow.
I like this feedback, a lot of it are things I want currently in terms of footage.

Most of this vid was stuff from weeklies, and small eventss where I had the chance to show/play real players. A lot of it is surface-level tech, but it really shows a different perspective imo. Ill try to go to more events with my own setup, I just want as much exposure as possible.

Last edited:

Hyper_Kirby

Smash Cadet
I think that since we now have some characters that gotten the boosts they need, from both the mechanical changes and Smash 4 balance patching, we'll have more characters that are balanced towards the top tier. Basically we'll probably have more viable characters, since most of the characters that are good in vanilla stay good and we get some more characters that needed a small push like Marth raising through the ranks.

I'd like to think even among the mid-tiers and low-tiers the difference in power is reduced since characters generally become safer to use and can potentially rack up more damage. But I do worry that we may see some of the lower characters drop off because of fundamental issues with their kits.

I honestly think a character like Bowser might be worse off in SLHG despite gaining buffs. His punish and edge-guarding game is more powerful because characters simply die sooner, but he doesn't have much in terms of kill confirms and he doesn't gain that many new combos coming in from vanilla. Additionally he's even easier to combo than before, and the heavy gravity makes successful edge-guarding attempts against him more devastating.

For the most part though, I think balancing only stands to be improved from vanilla.

Professor Oats

Smash Cadet
NNID
Professor_Oats
Hello all! I just read through a lot of this thread (not all since it's huge). I'm a South Florida player, and our local weekly does side-tournaments every few months, and this format is the next one, so I decided to look into it, and it's really interesting. Some characters feel a lot like PM, and it's a very cool variant of the game.

I might make some videos eventually and post them here if no one minds, but first I have to lab this pretty hard. These settings aren't available on training mode, are they? Since I kinda want to check to see what are true combos with the changed engine, and can't think of a reliable way to do so besides just wailing on a low-level CPU.

blargh257

Smash Apprentice
NNID
blargh257
Hello all! I just read through a lot of this thread (not all since it's huge). I'm a South Florida player, and our local weekly does side-tournaments every few months, and this format is the next one, so I decided to look into it, and it's really interesting. Some characters feel a lot like PM, and it's a very cool variant of the game.

I might make some videos eventually and post them here if no one minds, but first I have to lab this pretty hard. These settings aren't available on training mode, are they? Since I kinda want to check to see what are true combos with the changed engine, and can't think of a reliable way to do so besides just wailing on a low-level CPU.
No. Just wail on the bot and you will have a list of things to try out and then you can see what works.
Please do be sure to use build 2 and good luck with the event.

Hyper_Kirby

Smash Cadet

Thats awesome. Also, the only thing we really have to change the weight in training mode in anchor jump. Really you're better off practicing when you can jump, when you must tech, the optimal di on a buddy. If not possible, you could try experimenting on a lvl 1 cpu and then see if it works on a lv 9 (since they typically airdodge everything)

ZADD

Smash Journeyman
NNID
zaddthemadd
Really you're better off practicing when you can jump, when you must tech, the optimal di on a buddy.
unfortunately, this.

It would be nice if I could test in training for true combos, but TBH at this point I can kinda see visually whether it's true or not based on hitstun, animation, DI etc. Also, since there are so many more potential combos (infinite technically), it'd be better to focus more on capitalization of individual setups (U-tilt, D-throw, D-tilt etc.), as opposed to full-fledged combos.

One thing I have noticed, is the amount of DI the game gives you can vary a lot. For example, Meta Knights U-air can barely be DI'd at all, but Diddy Kongs U-air can be DI'd to avoid any followups. This I feel is an unintended aspect of SLHG, whether follow-ups for certain moves are more true than other similar ones. This plays into character strengths more than anything, as it's up to you to know the DI options you give your opponent when using certain moves.
(Palutena's D-throw for example, which can always be followed if you read their DI..)

Last edited:

Muro

Smash Lord
That's awesome man, let us know when the tournament is about to go down. If you have any questions don't hesitate to ask too.

We do love videos so be sure to post them. About the labbing, as others have said, the only option is really playing a friend or the CPU (though CPUs have lousy DI).

ZADD

Smash Journeyman
NNID
zaddthemadd
Here's a follow-up video. I tried to focus more on what @ Muro Muro said. There's some great players in my area that I want to stream/record matches with. I'll work on that.

As always, I love feedback good and bad. Not sure If I want to post this to reddit, but if ya'll want to, be my guest.

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
YES. That's what I like to see, ZADD! Good work!

While there's still some problems with the clips featured, it's a HUGE step in the right direction. Also, the music is amazing.

The main things you're gonna want to improve on is just the general play featured in the clips. You showed a lot more confirmed stuff, but it ended up being a bit short. Try to teach your friends how to play their disadvantage properly, instead of attack/airdodge mashing every time. Teach them how to DI properly against the characters they're facing, how to land properly, landing options, etc. so you can start going for more read-based combos while keeping them within the realm of possibility. While things like DI are obvious, your friends aren't applying it when needed. Also, imo there should be some more character diversity. Show more of the Original 12 doing some work, along with traditionally bad characters like Ganondorf, Zelda and Bowser Jr. doing things.

But seriously, emphasis on THIS IS A HUGE IMPROVEMENT! Like, I seriously want you to know that. Keep up the good work!

Also, do you happen to have a Skype? Would be cool talking to you about SLHG.

ZADD

Smash Journeyman
NNID
zaddthemadd
Teach them how to DI properly against the characters they're facing, how to land properly, landing options, etc. so you can start going for more read-based combos while keeping them within the realm of possibility. While things like DI are obvious, your friends aren't applying it when needed.
I'm not actually in most of these clips haha, I'm just Palutena, Peach, and Mega Man. Sadly, most of the people I used to play with moved away (around the same time). Now I'm having to explain SLHG to newer players who have far less experience with it. I'm making a bigger effort to go to local tournies, that's where the clips with good exchanges came from actually.

ArtfulHobbes

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ArtfulHobbes2.0
3DS FC
4339-2578-0811
Hey guys, me and Reserved did some more research on recoveries and we made some discoveries with Duck Hunt and Sonic.

So first off with Duck Hunt, we feel like his custom should be changed to Duck Jump Snag. It goes higher than his standard Up-B and adds a hitbox that comes out frame 1 making it a great Out of Shield option.

Second is Sonic. Watch this video and hit the lab because this is going to be required for Sonic players in this mode.

clydeaker

Smash Journeyman
When playing Smooth Lander Heavy Gravity (S.L.H.G.) Should I:

A - Only use the Smooth Lander equipment regardless of its stats.
B - Use any equipment to not only even out the Attack Defense Speed ratio, but to make that character better over all.
C - Use alternate equipment to get as close to the 0 0 0 attack defense speed ratio as possible.​

I'm still really new to using equipment and smooth lander heavy gravity so I don't know that much about how I should set it up.

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
Hey guys, me and Reserved did some more research on recoveries and we made some discoveries with Duck Hunt and Sonic.

So first off with Duck Hunt, we feel like his custom should be changed to Duck Jump Snag. It goes higher than his standard Up-B and adds a hitbox that comes out frame 1 making it a great Out of Shield option.

Second is Sonic. Watch this video and hit the lab because this is going to be required for Sonic players in this mode.
To elaborate because Hobbes didn't really give any details...

Duck Hunt Snag is better because it has similar horizontal distance to the default recovery while having a slightly lower vertical distance when compared to Duck Hunt Jump. It has a hitbox so Duck Hunt isn't as vulnerable and is f1 which gives him an amazing OoS. This further accentuates his defensive playstyle which is great considering Moon Launcher already helps with it in several aspects. I don't know why this wasn't used from the get-go.

Sonic's Spinshot is pretty much necessary when recovering and is pretty darn good at it. It lunges Sonic a little over half of Final Destination and even then will carry over into air speed if you're using it high up. It gives him an amazing horizontal recovery option and allows him to get close to the stage in time to use Spring Jump.

His recovery is actually really good when you start using this as he can lunge himself above the stage, to the ledge, or under and then snap. He can also lunge straight into the stage to gain his wall jump. If he recovers onto the stage, there's no landing lag so he can act immediately. Along with that, during the Spinshot, Sonic keeps all his airborne options so he isn't incredibly vulnerable.

Basically, Sonic, Duck Hunt and Mega Man are completely fine in the recovery department. Recoveries like Link and Samus that are overall underwhelming (but still usable) even have alternate methods in incredible tether recoveries. SLHG really doesn't make any recovery unusable, anybody who says that isn't knowledgeable on the mode.

nannerham

Smash Apprentice
NNID
nannerham

B - Use any equipment to not only even out the Attack Defense Speed ratio, but to make that character better over all.
C - Use alternate equipment to get as close to the 0 0 0 attack defense speed ratio as possible.​

I'm still really new to using equipment and smooth lander heavy gravity so I don't know that much about how I should set it up.
The fist page of the thread tells you which pieces of equipment to use and how to get them, shouldn't take more than 20 mins.

Edit: this is pretty much to avoid double posting so here's a video

Here's Mii gunner's traits in a nutshell: his tools give him a fantstic neutral game, he can camp and cover a ton of options, he can choose to go offensive or defensive on a whim and has a decent punish game. The thing holding him back is that his recovery is awful, you literally have to use down special 3 for him to make it back and even then his recovery becomes very linear so he's pretty easy to edgeguard. I also find it hilarious that mii gunner is just straight up better than samus, his missles have less end lag, he can camp better than samus, he can dish out way more damage (reference: samus dtilt 16%, gunner dtilt 20%) while having the same follow up potential, and his moves actually link properly. If you guys have questions just let me know.

Last edited:

cerealkiller

Smash Journeyman
Yes. The Spinshot is already pretty standard move among Sonic players as a recovery option and in this mode is indispensable.

KeithTheGeek

Smash Ace
NNID
bkeith
3DS FC
5026-4475-8239
Just personally speaking, I think I like Duck Hunt Jump more because it makes Duck Hunt's game offstage more versatile. You can afford to go just a bit deeper and there's probably some shenanigans you can do with the wind hitbox on it. But idk I haven't played the character extensively, so I'll leave it on Duck Hunt Snag for now.

I'm really liking DK in this mode. Uthrow/Cargo Uthrow (depending on weight and fall speed) gives you guaranteed combos from low percents to mid-percents, and even after that it seems like you can frame trap people with Uair. If they don't dodge it, they eat a beefy hit and can potentially be juggled hard by DK, if they do dodge it they usually tend to land and catch the air dodge landing lag, and since DK's uair has so little lag if you're fast enough you SHOULD be able to hit them with like dtilt or something, or maybe regrab them. I would need to see how this plays out against a human opponent of course, but DK can basically dish out like 70% off a single grab if you're on point.

Muro

Smash Lord

D - unlock challenges A7(smooth lander badge), B2 (moon launcher badge), B6 (item hitter badge). Equip the badges obtained to have a stat spread of -4a/+2d/+3s. No need to get into random equipment or random stats.

Btw guys this is a reason why we have to change the name, It's not just about smooth lander, it's about the 3 badges. This name makes people think it's just the smooth lander badge. "Smooth Gravity" sounds cool and doesn't suggest any badge.

That sonic tech is just perfect, couldn't have happened to a better character.

KeithTheGeek

Smash Ace
NNID
bkeith
3DS FC
5026-4475-8239
DK's buffed cargo uthrow is pretty crazy. I definitely gotta find people to play with, I'd like to experiment with him some more.

blargh257

Smash Apprentice
NNID
blargh257
While we're on the subject of demonstrating broken stuff on bots, I comboed a DK with Ness for a bit and the last stock got me really hype.
These demonstrations are meant to show what happens in SLHG if the opponent does nothing, and it can get a bit ridiculous.

meleemaster500

Smash Lord
HOW TO OBTAIN ANY EQUIPMENT AND MODIFY THEIR STATS

guide to install homebrew: https://www.reddit.com/r/3dshacks/comments/3hotq6/guide_to_make_homebrew_and_themes_work_on_99026/

using 3ds homebrew (still possible with tubehax if you dont have ironhax) you can:
1. run one of the new save data exporter/importers (i use this, https://gbatemp.net/threads/save-data-manager-and-editor-for-firmware-up-to-9-9.396245/)

Follow the instructions on that post CAREFULLY and it will likely only show a glitchy black screen, this is fine, just remember press A to backup, and B to import. after doing so, i always press X to exit and hold down the power button (twice) until the blue light turns off

2. extract your save file
3. backup a copy of your save file
4. run gudenaurock's smash save editor (https://gbatemp.net/threads/wip-sm4sh-save-editor.382699/)
5. modify your save (see below)
6. save the changes
7. follow these instructions https://gbatemp.net/threads/wip-sm4sh-save-editor.382699/#post-5434756
8. replace the files on your sd card and use the save data importer to replace your save file
supposedly if you want to change things after booting up a game with a new savefile, you may need to re-extract that save file before doing more edits (and do those edits on the newly extracted game file

you can go into your equipment and change both their stats and their special ability.

so lets take your basic brawn, agility, and protection badges. you cant give them the stats 0 0 0, but you can give one of them the stats (2 2 2) and smooth lander and make the other 2 badges (-1 -1 -1) so you can interchange their stat bonuses if needed.... why?

because now you can also automatically give yourself anchor jump.

doing testing with anchor jump seems identical to heavy gravity's buffs, except recoveries arent nerfed. plus you can use it on your 3ds. i noticed doc's and luigi's down B recoveries sucks with this but it probably did with H.G.... but duck hunt, sonic and megaman have regular recoveries.

Now i know moon launcher is a common favorite here, but i urge you all to try glider with the set, its addicting to follow up so fast in the air. but you can have the 3rd item be anything, so experiment
suggestions:
glider
moon launcher
dodgy dodger
shield degenerator
(not hard breaker, that doesn't let you dash dance, trust me)

other editors allow you do unlock all custom moves: https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-super-smash-bros-3ds-save-editor.382239/

or even copy all your preset custom sets to other people http://smashboards.com/threads/smash-3ds-moveset-save-editor.403931/ including the evo sets which can be used as a base.

and i guess since this is just equipment, you can use it online

now the downside, you may not be able to transfer this to your wiiu. without step 7 (which i dont know if it works or not) this doesnt change the in-game name of the equipment, and if that doesn't match the ability on the badge, then it wont let you transfer it. some people are working on making the editor do this, but they need help if anyone can assist modifying the program.

again, try step 7 for getting the item names correct if possible

I want to see the smash 4 competitive scene evolve, and hopefully the ability to now hack in all these neutral custom equipment pieces and sets will help calm peoples fears with trying out smooth lander heavy gravity. Maybe having a couple of online tournaments with this will get some notice. Good Luck!

Last edited:

ZADD

Smash Journeyman
NNID
zaddthemadd
This would all be fine and dandy if Nintendo werent immeditately prepared to patch this out, or make it as difficult as possible. I don't think people are gonna choose a homebrew setup over all future DLC.

We dont even have tournaments yet of the current SLHG build, (even with it being so easy to unlock), so I doubt making the scenario 10x more complicated will help with anything.

Last edited:

meleemaster500

Smash Lord
we'll have to see if nintendo patches it, but it doesnt seem likely. also, even if the homebrew exploit was patched (far more likely) any changes to your save will stay that way after you cannot access homebrew anymore.

and this allows you to all have anchor jump, allowing heavy gravity without the need for special smash. that means at least friends can use it against each other online and if enough people do it, you can host an online tournament, which you cannot do with your current build, it appears.

finally, this can address a LOT of the negative concerns over trying SLHG. Many people think its too hard to obtain the right pieces, that any stat changes cant occur for it to be allowed, or that it specifically nerfs 3 character's recoveries entirely making the game unbalanced. this method fixes all of those concerns, so people may be able to take another look at SLHG as a viable competitive option and a far greater improvement over smash 4 as it currently is

ZADD

Smash Journeyman
NNID
zaddthemadd
finally, this can address a LOT of the negative concerns over trying SLHG. Many people think its too hard to obtain the right pieces, that any stat changes cant occur for it to be allowed, or that it specifically nerfs 3 character's recoveries entirely making the game unbalanced. this method fixes all of those concerns, so people may be able to take another look at SLHG as a viable competitive option and a far greater improvement over smash 4 as it currently is
I see your point, but I don't think this would entirely help the SLHG cause. People already know what SLHG is, and I highly doubt that basing SLHG's engine on a homebrew would be better. It would be even MORE isolating for the player, hell as it stands now, most people don't take the 5 minutes to unlock/try our setup when it's IN-GAME. I think adding logistical complexity will just throw more people off.

BTW Characters' recoveries are not broken in any way by HG, they are just changed in a few ways.

Its not hard to unlock the pieces, it takes 5 minutes. Whoever said that never even tried...

Last edited:

meleemaster500

Smash Lord
again, the people who haven't tried. these are the people who shunned away at the "complications" of using SLHG before. While using homebrew takes a bit to set up, its not as hard as it seems, and there's no "adapting to what we have" mentality if we can for sure fix the equipment in the first place. It's like Project M, brawl wasn't how we wanted, so we went in and fixed it ourselves, and everyone needs to set up homebrew for that.

take it or leave it, but this is a way to get SLHG accepted more, because as it stands, people on the outside believe there's too many complications to accept this for competitive play (balancewise) and don't give it a chance.

please try it yourself if you want to use SLHG online

Last edited:
Top Bottom