• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Meta Smooth Lander and Heavy Gravity (SLHG)

ArtfulHobbes

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ArtfulHobbes2.0
3DS FC
4339-2578-0811
Yeah man, GGs.
Lemme tell you, this man's Yoshi is the truth. I got curb stomped. That might not have happened again and again but the one fight was crazy.
You seem like the better overall player, I wanna Falcon ditto you next time.
Bruh, I don't even play Yoshi. He's just too good.

I totally forgot to Falcon ditto... damn. Next time for sure.

Muro

Smash Lord
damn I always miss the gameplay sessions lol #justyuropthings

I'm only gonna talk about things I disagree with since there's not much to say about the rest.

Anyways, I think you're all overrating shulk.... by a lot. I don't see what he gains that other characters don't, he's still very slow moving and attacking (startup lag). Granted I only played once or twice with him but I don't really see how he's that much different from base sm4sh.

Also I'd rank G&W a lot higher than you guys too, I think a character with such a ridiculous recovery and edgeguard potential is at least a mid tier. The biggest thing holding him back is his weight and slow running speed.

I think slow characters are always gonna be at a disadvantage against the top tiers who can run circles around them.

Marth is better in SLHG, but still not a high tier imo, he's got some nice stuff but his recovery is still lacking and he doesn't hit particularly hard nor does he have low lag even with SL.

MK is also another character I can't place in high tier. His range is still bad and for a character with multiple jumps his recovery is not that good vertically. Also, unlike pikachu, his hurtbox is not that small, he sometimes seems bigger than shiek lol.

Luigi is a candidate for top tier on his combo game alone but I don't really play too much with him so I can't say.

Falco is still low tier :/. He's just too slow IMO, I don't play with him much because of that (being slow, not low tier lol).

I think Diddy is probably top tier, or just a tier below that. He's more gimpable but has a good neutral still.

Again, I don't play wario, but I think he could be really good, like high tier. Villager is definitely high tier. He can go offstage and not give a **** about spending or not spending his jump, he doesn't fear gimps at all vertically or horizontally, pretty much the only character who can do that (pika too most of the time).

Sonic is a mid tier. His recovery is not even that bad. He can do run offstage, do an aerial, double jump and up-b back to the stage with all aerials except dair. Most characters can't even do that. Also I tested his recovery by hitting him with a falcon d-tilt at 100% (both him and falcon) he still survives, and his up-b doesn't leave him helpless (can still airdodge attack etc on his way back). Again I don't play with him very much, but just making a point that his recovery is not all that bad if you compare him to characters like doc little mac and ganon for example. And he retains his onstage game after all.

I mostly agree with everything else, gonna steal blargh's mold again and just do a top tier + high tier (more or less ordered):

A :

:4sheik::4pikachu::4falcon::rosalina::4mario::4yoshi::4zss::4fox: a row of killers each in his own way.

B :

:4ness::4diddy::4villager::4luigi::4pacman::4wario::4greninja::4peach::4pit::4metaknight:

ArtfulHobbes

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ArtfulHobbes2.0
3DS FC
4339-2578-0811
I'm liking this setup of top tier and high tier speculation tier list...

Top Tier:
:4sheik: I really don't need to explain too much why Sheik is Top tier. I mean she can just throw out some aerials and they usually combo together. She has a guaranteed anything out of her throw, including bouncing fish from forward throw. Fair chaining into bouncing fish, good projectile that can also gimp, invincible and attacking recovery. She's good.
:4yoshi: Yoshi though. Good aerials mobility allows him to approach and retreat within one aerial attack so good spacing. Up-tilt shenanigans into up-air. Downthrow to Up-tilts, up-airs, or an upsmash depending on DI. Good recovery. And her neutral B gimps very easily while on the edge.
:4zss: Zero Suit is still good no surprises there. Down throw leads into anything. Up-smash, up-air, nair, or into an Up-B for the kill. Neutral B is a fantastic projectile. Up-air keeps opponents in the air. ZSS rarely even needs to go offstage. Her edgeguarding isn't the best, but onstage she's a monster. And she has a tether for recovery purposes.

Out of these 3, I don't think I have a definitive best character.

High Tier:
A:
:4mario: Up-tilt shenanigans. Up-air juggles. And edgeguarding options with fair, bair, or Fludd. The only downside I see is his range.
:4falcon: Down throw to dash attack, into nair or up-air. Or down throw into Knee sometimes. Knee can be used less sparingly now due to the reduced lag thank god. And stomp now truely combos into knee. Falcon's recovery can be gimped, but besides that I don't see much faults.
:4shulk: Dude. Duuuude Shulk is good with 1 thing: Monado arts. Speed helps with grab and combo game, jump helps with edgeguards or killing off the top, and smash is...well smash. But the lag reduction helps him move so much quicker and he can abuse his monado range a lot better. Speed mode nair to f-smash is nice.
:4fox: Oh yes Fox. Fantastic recovery, and the ability to fire off nairs like nobody's business. Up-tilt shenanigans into an up-air on occasion, and the return of the glorious Up-smash.
:4diddy: He's kinda like a ramped up Little Mac honestly. Incredible onstage combo potentials from Down throw, but man he can get gimped easily. Play smart against Diddy and you'll be alright.

B:
:4luigi: :4myfriends::4lucario::4ness::4pikachu::4greninja::4megaman::4bowserjr::4kirby::4mewtwo:

Overrated/Need more info Tier:
:rosalina::4pacman: Maybe I just don't see the true potential of defensive characters in this mode.
:4olimar: Haven't seen enough stuff with him in this mode yet.
:4gaw: I really don't see Game and Watch potential.
:4pit::4darkpit: Need more info as well. I don't see too much potential from these guys besides good recovery.

ZADD

Smash Journeyman
NNID
zaddthemadd
I'm only gonna talk about things I disagree with since there's not much to say about the rest.

Anyways, I think you're all overrating shulk.... by a lot. I don't see what he gains that other characters don't, he's still very slow moving and attacking (startup lag). Granted I only played once or twice with him but I don't really see how he's that much different from base sm4sh.

I think slow characters are always gonna be at a disadvantage against the top tiers who can run circles around them.

"Marth is better in SLHG, but still not a high tier imo"

"MK is also another character I can't place in high tier. His range is still bad and for a character with multiple jumps his recovery is not that good vertically."

Falco is still low tier :/. He's just too slow IMO..."
:4falco: -Falco doesn't need speed, he has so many options it would almost be overkill if he were as fast as fox. At 0%, Falco has a grab to 70% true combo on all characters that aren't extremely light. His N-air autocancels perfectly into downsmash, and his D-tilt perfect combos into D-air ~80%. His offstage game is unparalleled in Heavy gravity, and he has the best aerial mobility BY FAR.

:4marth: -Ya'll are sleeping on Marth. Dare I say it, Melee Marth is back! U-air and Up-tilt juggles from 0% into around 80%. Unbelievable follow-up options (If you fair and they miss the tech, dash attack can hit them low on the gound.) I would love to see someone like M2K play Marth in this mode and zero to death me over and over...

:rosalina:= Neutral. Neutral. Neutral Game. She is so impossible to hit when someone spaces N-airs correctly, also her Up-air can be MORE than a *****. She is far more vulnerable in SLHG than vanilla sm4sh, but at the same time much more deadly.

:4shulk:-All I can say is Buster monado + U-air cancelled Upsmashes = S-tier character. Not to mention his offstage game with jump monado wowwwww.

:4metaknight:-Ahhhh Meta Knight. He isn't what he used to be in Brawl but if there's ever a character with high potential in SLHG it's Meta Knight. He has so many true combos, the problem is they take skill and precision to work. I'd put meta knight in B tier solely because he is more than capable of being as powerful as say Yoshi, but it would take more dedication from the player himself to win consistently.

I just want to say that all my character judgements come from the 400+ SLHG PvP matches that I've either watched or played. I've seen what a lot of talented smashers can do with certain characters like Olimar, Marth, and Meta Knight and I implore you to leave your Sm4sh For Glory biases at the door. The rules have changed, and so have a lot of character's viability.

ArtfulHobbes

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ArtfulHobbes2.0
3DS FC
4339-2578-0811
I just want to say that all my character judgements come from the 400+ SLHG PvP matches that I've either watched or played. I've seen what a lot of talented smashers can do with certain characters like Olimar, Marth, and Meta Knight and I implore you to leave your Sm4sh For Glory biases at the door. The rules have changed, and so have a lot of character's viability.
I'm not sure I agree with Marth, but we'll have to see. I'd be willing to play you online when I get the chance later today.

ZADD

Smash Journeyman
NNID
zaddthemadd
I'm not sure I agree with Marth, but we'll have to see. I'd be willing to play you online when I get the chance later today.
Sorry, I wont be able to play online for a few weeks, the netcode in my dorm in very strict and wont let me connect to private games. Gives me the oppurtunity to record local matches between a lot of players though.
Just for reference of Marth: Grab(Pummel) > Up-throw > SHFF U-air > U-tilt > SHFF U-air > U-tilt > U-smash > Fair or U-air or D-air etc.

Octavium

''Fear doesn't stop death, it stops life.''
Your retina to your occipital lobe as you read.
Although I disagree with the hate some people have to this mode and I seriously think the smooth lander badge could help a ton for competitive play, probably even increase character balance since heavies with high landing lag usually benefits the most from this.

I feel like combos are practically ''given'' in this mode, the throws, jumping and knockback distances change alot, and this gives a ton of possible kill setups out of nothing else than a grab, having heavy gravity along with free smooth landings makes follow ups nearly brain dead easy. And stocks will most likely burn as fast as rocket fuel.

I won't say anything too bad about it though, this is yet to be fully developed, and it could potentially turn out great.

Muro

Smash Lord
Only up to a point, then it starts taking good execution and setup. You got some autocombos at low % but after that is free flowing combos where you have to think about your followups, what will link and what won't. Every time I go for another training session I learn a new combo or combo setup, or another finisher which sets up edgeguarding better etc etc.. I guess that's what's so captivating to me, is that the learning process is so enjoyable. Give it a try if you haven't and maybe you'll be surprised.

ZADD

Smash Journeyman
NNID
zaddthemadd
We also gotta see how DI affects combo game as well.
DI is a factor for sure in SLHG, i made a post about it earlier. Just becuase what you're doing works on a lvl 9 CPU, it doesn't mean it will work on an "educated" opponent. N-airs out of combos are ESSENTIAL in this mode, and CPUs rarely ever do that. Teching is also much more important when you're constantly sent into the stage and not the air, CPU's miss techs all the time. These so called "guaranteed" setups im referring to are guaranteed whether or not it's a CPU or Human. I tested mashing out of Falco's grab combo and it is indeed TRUE, but that doesn't mean it will work at any %, or even every time for that matter, it just means it's possible.

blargh257

Smash Apprentice
NNID
blargh257
"Combos are given to you."
Against computers, absolutely every time. But against a real player not as much. I can still get a couple hits in off of every grab or dash attack as Falcon, but finishing is pretty difficult against a really good defensive player, and it gets really complex.
For example, down throw knee is a good kill setup at about 60, but it can be airdodged/attacked/jumped out of by most characters, if not all of them. This leads to an RPS scenario where if you do go for the knee and hit it or if you go for a bait (the move of which varies on the character) and hit it you probably kill but if you don't you eat a pretty big punish against most good characters because you're Falcon and that's his biggest issue.
In what little experience I've had with this game I've found that punish game, at least for Falcon, is a two or three hit combo depending on percent and then a situation similar to this where if the defender wins he's hitting you now.
As you said, let it develop. We have no idea what could happen and be discovered. The game may turn out to get more satisfying with time, or it may stagnate. But for now it's fun, so I'm playing it.

ArtfulHobbes

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ArtfulHobbes2.0
3DS FC
4339-2578-0811

And you are correct. Ness is very good.

Also I got a room open if anybody wants to hop in.

Last edited:

JCOnyx

Smash Ace
NNID
JCOnyx
I've always been really interested in SLHG, and since online special mode has been discovered I went ahead and decided to get build 2 put together. I'd be up for some games to finally try this out against other players. Tag is JCOnyx lol.

ArtfulHobbes

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ArtfulHobbes2.0
3DS FC
4339-2578-0811
I've always been really interested in SLHG, and since online special mode has been discovered I went ahead and decided to get build 2 put together. I'd be up for some games to finally try this out against other players. Tag is JCOnyx lol.
Room is made.

VeggieSteel

Smash Cadet
NNID
VeggieSteel
GGs, Blargh257! Obviously my SLHG needs some practice, but it's always really exciting to play!
Megaman's standard recovery sucks so bad, lol

Tomorrow, I'll try to set up a matchmaking thread, so we don't get too bogged down here with game requests.

Last edited:

blargh257

Smash Apprentice
NNID
blargh257
GGs, Blargh257! Obviously my SLHG needs some practice, but it's always really exciting to play!

Tomorrow, I'll try to set up a matchmaking thread, so we don't get too bogged down here with game requests.
Good idea. Use Up B 2 on Megaman, it's mandated by the current ruleset for build 2 I think.
I suck at rest, lol.
(Context: Jiggs vs Kirby and I missed rest four times. One was off a shieldbreak.
Luckily I hit it three times vs D3 in the next game.)
GGs.

Muro

Smash Lord
Megaman's standard recovery sucks so bad, lol

Thanks veggie, that's a good idea. As soon as you're done I'll link it in the OP.

Here are the current shared nnids:

super77
hellachill42069
VeggieSteel
Jugoken
jota281usa
Geek4Jesus
SaturnFrost
JCOnyx
blargh257
ArtfulHobbes2.0

sorry if I missed anyone.

It seems like build 2 won out the popularity contest. I think it shows it is the best build, I'm gonna update the OP with some notes. I'll also update it with a tentative ruleset later.

Last edited:

SaturnFrost

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SaturnFrost
Thanks veggie, that's a good idea. As soon as you're done I'll link it in the OP.

super77
hellachill42069
VeggieSteel
Jugoken
jota281usa
Geek4Jesus
SaturnFrost
JCOnyx
blargh257

It seems like build 2 won out the popularity contest. I think it shows it is the best build, I'm gonna update the OP with some notes. I'll also update it with a tentative ruleset later.
yea I've converted my roster to build 2 and don't mind it at all...as long as we all come to common ground.
Question...Does any or Sonics alt recoveries give his distance/height on recovery? How about the double spring?

Last edited:

Muro

Smash Lord
yea I've converted my roster to build 2 and don't mind it at all...as long as we all come to common ground.
Question...Does any or Sonics alt recoveries give his distance/height on recovery? How about the double spring?
not really, he's got a custom side b that gives him a better initial bump he can jump out of, but that's it.

edit: new OP, check it out guys and tell me if you see something you don't agree with.

Last edited:

Pippin (Peregrin Took)

Formerly “ItalianBaptist”
Switch FC
SW-0542-4021-7641
I'm down with build 2 but it's gonna take me a while to get the hammers for it, especially since I wasted that one hammer earlier :p

My current "homemade" build isn't that much different statwise (-1/-3/7) but it's missing moon launcher. Will that be too much of a problem for friendlies?

Edit: I should be able to pick up a moon launcher badge soon in smash run if that helps. I'll check its stats and such and let y'all know.

Last edited:

Muro

Smash Lord
I'm down with build 2 but it's gonna take me a while to get the hammers for it, especially since I wasted that one hammer earlier :p

My current "homemade" build isn't that much different statwise (-1/-3/7) but it's missing moon launcher. Will that be too much of a problem for friendlies?

Edit: I should be able to pick up a moon launcher badge soon in smash run if that helps. I'll check its stats and such and let y'all know.
no worries, they're friendlies anyway :). How many hammers have you spent total? If you only wasted one the first four are really quick to get and the fifth is also not that bad.

Getting hammers (5 total):
- Clear All-Star
- Clear 100-man smash
- Clear crazy orders while playing as villager
- Clear solo classic at intensity 2.0 or more with 5 or more characters
- Clear all of the solo events

edit: don't miss again lol

Last edited:

Muro

Smash Lord
Isolated here to save space in the OP (should have reserved a second post *sigh*).

All the badges + stats:
In this section:
"-" = can't use hammer on this challenge
Code:
Challenge  Name  Stats  Description
A1(-)  Double Final Smasher Protection Badge  0a/+43d/-42s  After using a Final Smash, you have a 20% chance of being able to use it again
A2(-)  Vampire Brawn Badge  +25a/-38d/0s  recover damage relative to damage dealt
A7  Smooth Lander Brawn Badge  +36a/-35d/0s  2/3 landing lag on standard aerials
B2  Moon Launcher Protection Badge  0a/+37/-30s  1.3 attack power when launching enemies upward
B6  Item Hitter Agility Badge  -40a/0d/+33s  1.5 attack power to battering items
D7  Caloric Immortal Protection Badge  0a/+26d/-38s  5 second invincibility after eating
E1  Desperate Specialist Agility Badge  -33a/0d/+25s  gradually increases attack defense and speed for 20 seconds when damage reaches 100%
E4(-)  Perfect-Shield Helper Brawn Badge  +20a/-35d/0s  makes it easier to perfect shield
E5  Unharmed Attacker Agility Badge  -27a/0d/+32s  1.5x attack while at 0%
G1  Trade-Off Attacker Protection Badge  0a/+28d/-25s  start with 30% and have 1.15x attack.
I5  Unharmed Swift Striker Agility Badge  -27a/0d/+23s  gradually increases attack and speed while at 0%
J3  Speed Crasher Agility Badge  -25a/0d/+20s  dash deals damage
K7  No-Flinch Smasher Protection Badge  0a/+15d/-29s  super armor while charging smash attacks
K9  Hyper Smasher Brawn Badge  +16a/-28d/0s  charge smash attacks for longer, smash attacks  get 1.3x power
L6  Nimble Dodger Agility Badge  -23a/0d/+23s  gives a little extra time to dodge an enemy attack
M2  Air Attacker Brawn Badge  +20a/-19d/0s  1.15 attack when in mid-air
N6  Shield Regenerator Protection Badge  0a/+10d/-16s  shield regenerates faster

Last edited:

ZADD

Smash Journeyman
NNID
zaddthemadd
Hey guys I uploaded a few more matches including some with Olimar and Meta Knight. Give em a like or comment.

And here's a video for all the Marth nay-sayers.

ArtfulHobbes

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ArtfulHobbes2.0
3DS FC
4339-2578-0811

super77
hellachill42069
VeggieSteel
Jugoken
jota281usa
Geek4Jesus
SaturnFrost
JCOnyx
blargh257

Me. ArtfulHobbes2.0

Hey guys I uploaded a few more matches including some with Olimar and Meta Knight. Give em a like or comment.

And here's a video for all the Marth nay-sayers.

Marth is definitely looking really... uh smooth in this mode.

I've always felt Lucina comboed a bit better, but I guess personal preference at this point.

Remember to use your Upward Side-B, because it's pretty much guaranteed to combo and thats a lot of free percent. Also, you should really be going for more offstage edgeguards with Marth. Because Marth/Lucina have an extended hit box and slower falling speed with a good vertical recovery, they can pretty much guarantee a successful death against a low recovering opponent like Falcon or a Diddy thats charging on the side.

Last edited:

Muro

Smash Lord
Me. ArtfulHobbes2.0

Marth is definitely looking really... uh smooth in this mode.
Goddamnit I knew I forgot someone...

Marth gets exposed by rosaluma tho :p

Remember to use your Upward Side-B, because it's pretty much guaranteed to combo and thats a lot of free percent. Also, you should really be going for more offstage edgeguards with Marth. Because Marth/Lucina have an extended hit box and slower falling speed with a good vertical recovery, they can pretty much guarantee a successful death against a low recovering opponent like Falcon or a Diddy thats charging on the side.
Yeah, I liked the match (actually put it in the OP as the main one), but falcon is not punishing hard enough and marth isn't edgeguarding enough. Also falcon looks really vulnerable while being comboed, he doesn't have any quick gtfo aerials and airdodges got so nerfed in SLHG.

ZADD

Smash Journeyman
NNID
zaddthemadd
falcon looks really vulnerable while being comboed, he doesn't have any quick gtfo aerials and airdodges got so nerfed in SLHG.
Similar to Melee eh? Marth takes very deliberate inputs, and he struggles against characters who can mix-up quickly. (Sheik, Rosaluma, Diddy) However, he is for sure a fast-faller killer, as he traditionally should be. In SLHG he obliterates Fox, Cpt. Falcon, Meta Knight, Falco etc.

I don't main Marth, and TBH he's one of my least played characters. I was just unsatisfied with how my friends used him, I knew in the right hands his combo potential is incredible. Sometimes I wish I could play against myself haha.

Muro

Smash Lord
Arguments for use of build 2 (to be linked in the OP).

Build 2 allows more horizontal combos and since it buffs vertical damage doesn't suffer as much from u-tilt shenanigans. It is logistically harder to unlock, but not by much (certainly not when comparing with custom moves for example). Build 1 is easier to unlock, and has increased damage and knockback. I like increased damage for 1 main reason, it also affects shield damage. Shields are still very strong even with SLHG, so nerfing them is quite alright. However build 1 makes some followups impossible especially horizontal followups. The increased KB also kinda makes up for the lack of moon launching in the up-tilt stuff. Build one also makes every attack deal more damage, which makes it so that the combo % range doesn't last as much.
I've had A LOT of experience with PVP concerning build 1 and 2 and I can honestly say Build 2 is more of what we expect from a balance standpoint. In the right hands, Up-tilts to U-airs in Build 1 can be absolutely absurd (Think Rosalina). Build 2's increased knockback is a GOOD THING, believe me it gives you just enough time and knockback to DI yourself out of a 70% Up-tilt storm into Up-smash. Also for Fox, Up smash is one of his defining kill moves, and Build 1 really hurts that. Moon Launcher allows for knockback to function (relatively) similarly to vanilla sm4sh, but at the same time including the extra hitstun that comes with heavy gravity. Both builds are technically SLHG, but honestly I believe you would have much more "competitive" matches from Build 2. Just my opinion.
build 2 is still more balanced IMO the vertical knockback nullifies the gravity effect quite nicely, build1 is fun with some characters though.
I think the biggest difference comes from combo potential, characters who rely on vertical combos are way better than the ones that rely on horizontal ones with build1, build2 has potential for characters that rely on both type of combos.
Build 2 because kill moves are more balanced. If you're a character that rarely kills by anything except off the top, such as Mewtwo, in build 2 you have a chance and a decent counterpick (Halberd.) That isn't true in build 1- horizontal kill moves are always superior compared to vertical ones with the same damage output due to the heavy gravity.
Moon Launcher also helps get to kill percentage a little faster for a lot of characters who have good up tilts, up airs, and up smashes. VERY few valid characters are unable to use this, the only two I can think of are Sheik for sure and maybe Peach.
There are also the points already made, but this is what I think is good about build 2.
And from the brief couple of hours or so of fooling around with Build 2, I can clearly see that it is the better build. Some characters like Mario still have some bull**** up-tilts, but Yoshi's has been nerfed (thank god) and a few others. Vertical kills are now balanced out between horizontal kills pretty much, and we can run it without a change to launch rate. Counters are also not as bad as build 1, which posed a serious issue.

Last edited:

ArtfulHobbes

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ArtfulHobbes2.0
3DS FC
4339-2578-0811

Muro

Smash Lord
the only thing I don't like is the "Friends of SLHG", shoulda been "SLHG bros" lol

ArtfulHobbes

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ArtfulHobbes2.0
3DS FC
4339-2578-0811
Arguments for use of build 2 (to be linked in the OP).
I made an argument too on Page 8 unless you didn't add it in because I said the word bull****.

Also, petition to start calling this mode "Smooth Gravity"

Pippin (Peregrin Took)

Formerly “ItalianBaptist”
Switch FC
SW-0542-4021-7641
the only thing I don't like is the "Friends of SLHG", shoulda been "SLHG bros" lol
But what about gender equality? Bros and Sis's? I mean, I'm a bro but still.... ;)

I made an argument too on Page 8 unless you didn't add it in because I said the word bull****.

Also, petition to start calling this mode "Smooth Gravity"
I prefer "PMHD" but that might be a tad controversial :)

Also I did a plug for SLHG on the 3ds hack news post. I like that we're trying to be creative and use what we're given to get close to Melee physics rather than just hacking it in.

ArtfulHobbes

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ArtfulHobbes2.0
3DS FC
4339-2578-0811
I prefer "PMHD" but that might be a tad controversial :)

Also I did a plug for SLHG on the 3ds hack news post. I like that we're trying to be creative and use what we're given to get close to Melee physics rather than just hacking it in.
It does add in comboes and all that, But I won't go shounting Melee HD or PM 2 from the rooftops. It still plays like Smash 4, just a faster, better version of it.

Last edited:

Muro

Smash Lord
yeah, this is sm4sh, it's just customized to be cool.

But what about gender equality? Bros and Sis's? I mean, I'm a bro but still.... ;)
humm, that's true. Still friends of slhg sounds kinda lame lol.

edit: we meta now

Last edited:

blargh257

Smash Apprentice
NNID
blargh257
GGs again Artful. I still want to Falcon ditto and beat the Shulk but I have a hard time playing for long lengths of time since I'm new to playing Smash I like.
EDIT
Woops, the online thread exists.
I won't be putting these here anymore.

Last edited:

Muro

Smash Lord
GGs again Artful. I still want to Falcon ditto and beat the Shulk but I have a hard time playing for long lengths of time since I'm new to playing Smash I like.
EDIT
Woops, the online thread exists.
I won't be putting these here anymore.
It's fine to chat about the experience here, this thread also serves to discuss the metagame and the experience playing each other counts towards that. Posts about setting up a room etc are definitely for the other thread though.

@ VeggieSteel VeggieSteel I have a couple of suggestions for the other thread.

1. Divide the nnid list in the OP into zones. Something like Europe, North America, South America etc. That's important information I think.
2. Rulesets are still pretty much up in the air, but there should probably be some mention of 3-stocks. A lot of sm4sh players are gonna be expecting 2 stocks which is really unnecessary in 'slug'.
edit: 3. some mention about mega man's up-b.

Last edited:
Top Bottom