• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashing Composers FINAL: Music to Brawl By! (BETA)

WiiPlaya77

Smash Cadet
Haha, hey, no wonder it sounded like RPG music, my boy Mitsuda! Guys, I'm really wanting some Diamond/Pearl music in here, it's got some good tunes...

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
Yeah, if anyone could find the original source version for the Pikmin World Map theme, I would be appreciative. I haven't had any luck finding it! :ohwell:

Gaul

Smash Rookie
Haha, hey, no wonder it sounded like RPG music, my boy Mitsuda! Guys, I'm really wanting some Diamond/Pearl music in here, it's got some good tunes...
As I was listening to the intro, I thought to myself: "Why am I reminded sligtly of Chrono Trigger?" Lo and behold, Yasunori Mitsuda.

This just makes me pray for Crono's inclusion. Imagine re-worked Chrono Trigger music.... mmm.

courte

Smash Lord
this so doesn't belong here but here goes

after watching a couple of speedruns i've come to a realization... i don't really like Live and Learn, or Open your Heart, but then again i probably haven't heard it enough that i'm sickeningly addicted to it... maybe i just don't like crush 40

Not dissing the music, i just don't like it; doesn't suit my taste

http://profile.imeem.com/Yh65q/music/VVUHx9LQ/sonic_adventure_red_hot_skull/ Red Hot Skull
Be it in the game, on my Zune, or in a combo video this song and smash will go together with god as my witness

----------------------------------unrelated----------------------------------
1. Beating heart baby and 2.Brooklyn is burning by head automatica def on my Zune playlist for brawl
1 for samus, i could see the song in a combo video--why do i suggest it, well it's nice but above all else...

cowbell solo, i could see a little mini montage in video to the cowbell, be it spikes stupid bomb kills or even charge shots at point blank doesn't matter since the cowbells makes this god mode

2. well we simply must have it as they did http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T6YrW4_uWT0&eurl=http://www.youtube.com/user/itorres32

and you know that beat drop solo at 2:24 is hot

Chidosengan

Smash Lord
Alright... So the songs are up.

Btw, Aeris, you said there are a few other Pikmin songs metioned in the Japanese versions right? The Pikmin commercial songs?

GenG

Smash Lord
I have both songs mentioned, Ai no Uta and Tane no Uta. Do you want them?

SinisterLizard

Smash Ace
Heh.. You all got lucky with Olimar. I was personally against the idea... So I guess I got roundhouse kicked in the face by Chuck Norris huh?

Nice music though. I fix things later. I got to go soon.
How did we get "lucky"? Olimar more than qualifies as a deserving character. The fact that he alone represents a new series is enough, but the fact that he is so awesome and unique multiplies that. Add that to the fact that he was a popular candidate as well as the fact that there will be a new game for the Wii...

Honestly, I don't get where people get off saying this. Even those that say "Well, I'm glad he's in because now it means any character can get in." are full of crap. People who say this simply don't know what they're talking about. So far, there really haven't been any surprise or undeserving characters...

I'm assuming it's from the first one.

And if you can find it anywhere, it should be at Galbadia Hotel. Not the one on FF8, the website. :laugh:
They're from both games. It really is amazing how people have missed out on these two games. People should take the next three or four weeks and play them both before Brawl comes out (it won't take you that long).

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
Alright... So the songs are up.

Btw, Aeris, you said there are a few other Pikmin songs metioned in the Japanese versions right? The Pikmin commercial songs?
Yeah, I was able to link to those a few posts ago. Try the previous page. :grin:

burrito

Smash Lord
How did we get "lucky"? Olimar more than qualifies as a deserving character. The fact that he alone represents a new series is enough, but the fact that he is so awesome and unique multiplies that. Add that to the fact that he was a popular candidate as well as the fact that there will be a new game for the Wii...

Honestly, I don't get where people get off saying this. Even those that say "Well, I'm glad he's in because now it means any character can get in." are full of crap. People who say this simply don't know what they're talking about. So far, there really haven't been any surprise or undeserving characters...
Yeah, I completely agree. I don't know about others, but the reason I was so excited about Olimar in Brawl was because he made so much sense as a character.

Storm Eagle

Smash Lord
NNID
Storm88
The Pikmin music is the best revealed so far. It makes me smile EVERY time I hear it. :) Thx for the upload.

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
Wow...I definitely didn't listen to enough of "View" to realize that it was the same thematic material behind the new Pikmin arrangement! :( I'm so sorry! But I'm glad that you found it, haha.

psyniac_123

Smash Ace
Does anyone know anywhere the entire soundtrack is likely to be leaked when Japan get Brawl? Because to me; that's one of the most important parts about the release (excpet Ridley, Isaac, Lucario, Sukapon, Macaliah, Krystal... and... Ok, I'll stop :p)

Kunato

Smash Apprentice
Maybe a bit off-topic, but I've got a question: When selecting songs in My Music, are the tracks available for, let's say, all the stages based on the Mario universe or are songs like Castle Music/Fortress Boss and Main Theme (New Super Mario Bros.) only available for Delfino Plaza?

In this picture, we can see that the songs available are 6 or above. But can these songs be played on other Mario stages, like Mushroom Kingdom (if that's a stage in Brawl)? I find it hard to believe that each stage has 6+ songs, and on top of that there are CDs. Well, there's an incredible amount of composers, but still...

Sorry if my question's a bit confusing, I find it pretty hard to express myself properly when not using my first language.

del-boy

Smash Journeyman
Has any one noticed that the 'Composition Supervisor' for the Main theme is Nobuo Uematsu? I'm not trying to get any Cloud fanboys exited, but I did find it odd that he wasn't mentioned in the original list of composers.
He has done many FF games music.

Uchiha.Sanosuke

Smash Journeyman
i knew it had to be somthing from a kirby related game (battle on halbred 10 times)
thats great news more kirby music now all we need is some mario music.

i think i found it on you tube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3puus-tISB8&feature=related

anyways will we hear about other song in this thread once the game is released in japan?
I really like that music. The name made me think of Ice Climbers at first, but when I heard it I realized it was the perfect track for the Halberd.

Maybe a bit off-topic, but I've got a question: When selecting songs in My Music, are the tracks available for, let's say, all the stages based on the Mario universe or are songs like Castle Music/Fortress Boss and Main Theme (New Super Mario Bros.) only available for Delfino Plaza?

In this picture, we can see that the songs available are 6 or above. But can these songs be played on other Mario stages, like Mushroom Kingdom (if that's a stage in Brawl)? I find it hard to believe that each stage has 6+ songs, and on top of that there are CDs. Well, there's an incredible amount of composers, but still...

Sorry if my question's a bit confusing, I find it pretty hard to express myself properly when not using my first language.
No, I get what you're saying. The way it looks, you'll only be able to play the My Music selection, on that stage, regardless of whether or not there are stages from the same world.

It's kind of a shame, but that's really how I'm seeing it. :ohwell:

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
In light of WHOBBY impressions and today's DOJO update... NEW MUSIC!

* Frozen Hillside (Kirby Air Ride): http://dl1.ffshrine.org/soundtracks/dl/1365/7354ce/Kirby Air Ride Gamerip/07.frozen_hillside.mp3

* Gourmet Race (Kirby Super Star): http://dl1.ffshrine.org/soundtracks...nal Game Audio/27_gourmet_race_stage_1,_3.mp3

NOTE: Because there are two Gourmet Race tracks in KSS, I'm posting both, because the WHOBBY impressions do not specify which version is used.

* Gourmet Race 2 (Kirby Super Star): http://dl1.ffshrine.org/soundtracks...iginal Game Audio/28_gourmet_race_stage_2.mp3

All of the other songs mentioned have already been posted here.

Devastlian

Smash Lord
Gourmet Race 2 > Gourmet Race...<_<

Frozen Hillside is rather good. I wanna see Castle Lololo(KD)/Dyna Blade Intro(KAR)/Mag Mount(KCC), though. :/

2-5 from KD3, too. <_<

BraveDave88

Smash Apprentice
Just heard the Frozen Hillside music, that'll be great!

Dedede's theme song still needs to be in the game, though. The one that usually plays in the background when you fight him, that is.

geogaither

Smash Apprentice
I love this thread, keep up the good work, and thanks for including the new kirby song!

Tenkai

Smash Cadet
Chidosengan:

In the first post of the topic, when you're talkin' about Hirokazu "Hip" Tanaka, you should indicate as previous work: Metroid (Nes), Kid Icarus (Nes), Baloon Fight/Kid or Mario Land (Gameboy) instead of Pokémon Colosseum which is not his best work.

He is an older composer than Koji Kondo, then he worked on most every early Nes game.

courte

Smash Lord
i'm here to enter the SPAM of the day contest;
you know that feeling you get when you hear a new song on ht e dojo for a franchise and you say to yourself... i wonder what other song would make it in... so you go and listen to the album to find the one they just updated. Like with pikmin world map, i thought it was level select on pikmin worlds, but it's actually view, and i don't know what the pikmin 2 inspiration for that song is so i wouldn't recongnize it because i haven't player that game...

Then you think "i bet this one song i really remember over the others will me in!!" so you go listen to it, and after a while you think "is this it?? i'm not sure anymore"
-------------------------------------
completely unrelated, i had a dream about that Crank dat song with 4 of soulja boy's friends warning him against sleeping with a diseased girl and then they talk about how he got the STD's he deserved... i'm gonna tell that idea to my cousin

Top Bottom