• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashfest T.O. FEB 10/07

NB$

Smash Cadet
yo yo yo calm down........ whats wrong with you. You told me to ask seed if i can go?

NB$

Smash Cadet
T_T I said if you want T_T
O RLY thats not what i heard, so yeah most likely if he does say if i can come most likely i wont because i have to go to the mall sat with my parents

Bob Lablaw

Smash Journeyman
Mini Tourny sounds dope. Either for free or we could all throw down a dollar. And how about a crews tourny or atleast some crew matches. I say we make up some crews on the spot, either pick some names out of a hat or have a couple captains pick out some teams or something.

Soushirei.

Smash Cadet
I suppose if enough people want it, it'll probably happen or try to become.

In the case if it does, I'd like to see some rules and guidelines for it before Saturday.
I haven't done any tourneys or crew matches before so I'm a complete newb on exact details and need an online newbie pamphlet for a quick read before the 10th. (lmao). Nothing big, just a list of banned stages, stock distribution for crew matches, stuff like that.

If that isn't possible I'll just sit out for that particular part of the day, or bum out on a setup that isn't being used for the tourney, lol.

Volasko

Smash Ace
hahah your taking this too seriously.... man it takes like 5 seconds to learn the rules. Crew matches are easy to pick up, i vote for what Kio said we do a random crews match with captains... like maybe only two crews of 10 ppl, that would be dope

Bob Lablaw

Smash Journeyman
You'd be my first pick if I was captain. I have a soft spot for Link players.

Soushirei.

Smash Cadet
Well, I'd rather take it seriously than not care about what's important to know, lol.
Don't wanna hold anybody down.

Scintillatedseed

Smash Journeyman
Me and xCUREx might be coming so is there any spots left?:confused: I can only bring a power cord and a Cube if needed.
I think with me opening my room, we probably can fit in a few more people. I've just got to make a little more arrangements if that's happening, so for those trusted NNR members, I'm going to ask you for some favours helping me moving things around.

As for the situation wtih the tv's, I hear noah's goign to bring me a tv, and liam will as well. So if we can fit the tv's in that one car then we're down for 4 tv's. I still have to figure out how I can get more, how many tv's can you bring Vol?

That tourney should be fun though I'm definitley down for that if andy could bring his laptop. A buck ro two bucks? Hell yaaa.

and don't worry vol, I don't think it'd be hot like las ttime. There's practically no heat on in my basement so we'll more likely freeze, in which case, I do have heaters. But dont' forget to wear your deoderant, just because you don't sweat on your arms doesn't mean you won't sweat under your arms :p. Any stinker's will be humilated and mocked and then washed down in the tub with the shower or kitchen hose.

Volasko

Smash Ace
Ill be bringing two small tv's. Seriously lets do a big crews match with captains!!! cause you know once everyone starts smashing that nothing will ever get accomplished....

Snow Blind

Smash Cadet
Ahh Volasko, way to take charge buddy :) Those tournies soud like a bomb idea, but if you get second you get your money back...bahahahaha. Anyways, it's been a while since i've been ABLE to come out to one of these, alas i have been absorbed by the working world, not fun. So i sadly say that i feel out of practise and unaware of the new skeet skeet leet moves of "today", i wish to be taught.

btw i'm down fer some money matches with almost anyone, offers are game and appreciated :)

Back on topic. Can't wait to come out. V is gonna have one of my TV's for sure and if he brings 2 i have no idea where he's gettin it from. Sounds like a lotta little crew members are gonna be there too eh? well i think Team Anger Management may have to make a cameo :) Saturday....why must you be more than a day away?

Extra long post cuz i've been a shadow these days.

**** you...**** you....**** you...Sheik, you're cool....**** you, i'm out!

Stos

Loves Pink Poodles
I suppose if enough people want it, it'll probably happen or try to become.

In the case if it does, I'd like to see some rules and guidelines for it before Saturday.
I haven't done any tourneys or crew matches before so I'm a complete newb on exact details and need an online newbie pamphlet for a quick read before the 10th. (lmao). Nothing big, just a list of banned stages, stock distribution for crew matches, stuff like that.

If that isn't possible I'll just sit out for that particular part of the day, or bum out on a setup that isn't being used for the tourney, lol.
Don't sit out man, i mean smashfest is the day where you get to meet new smashers and learn, if you bored come to me and we'll smash :p

Volasko

Smash Ace
Yo Tai, I know ur place is getting pretty packed already...... but can another one of my buddies come, he was at the last mississauga tourney (my partner in teams, went by JB). If he comes we can officially bring 3 tv's, which I know you want lol. Let me know, and if u want us to come early to help you set up just holla at ya boi

Stos

Loves Pink Poodles
Yo seed, can you give me exact directions from main, but don't be like walk 2 seconds and turn right at the door. So any direction, but not only seed, if theres any other smasher that could help me. and yes ive checked www.ttc.ca and mapquest

Soushirei.

Smash Cadet
Quick question, are *all* the TVs being supplied going to support composite inputs? Or do I have to pack an RF cable just in case?

Snow Blind

Smash Cadet
Meh, i'd say if it's just one cord, might as well bring it in case one tv decides it doesn't wanna work without it.

And yeah, our buddy Bowdy (jb....Jack Bauer fer you enlightened ones :p)
...yeah....he's alllllriiiight i guess, he tries and i think that should be commended, eh buddy? eh?

Stos

Loves Pink Poodles
I am getting excited too, but i donno how to get there, thats why i asked for directions on my last post.

NB$

Smash Cadet
I am getting excited too, but i donno how to get there, thats why i asked for directions on my last post.
Rejected. I asked Seed or tried to ask seed if i can go but Stos thinks he's the one holding the smasfest and saying no. I still never got a response from seed i would apreciate a response you know.

Bob Lablaw

Smash Journeyman
I got a lap top that I could bring. I'd have to know what program it is that Lanowen uses for the brackets.

Runawayfire

Smash Lord
Tourny? Runawayfire will prevail...
So you can eat a john sandwich and go to hell?
Jigglypuff...

Bob Lablaw

Smash Journeyman
Volasko and Snow! Or should I say team Anger Management? Law and Order challenge you both to a $5 teams MM (that's 5 a piece just to be clear) Do you accept?

Scintillatedseed

Smash Journeyman
Rejected. I asked Seed or tried to ask seed if i can go but Stos thinks he's the one holding the smasfest and saying no. I still never got a response from seed i would apreciate a response you know.
I responded, i said I can fit a few more people. So you can come. Vol, yup, you can bring your other buddy too, it looks like we may have a little more open room, since a friend will leave early.

Directions on how to get to my place from main station will be posted on the first page.

I apologize about not being on lately guys.

And I'm pretty sure all the tv's have composite cable's. if not, the people who do supply the tv's will know enough to supply me with the needed cable's-- or I can just ask. But don't worry on that, just bring ur composites.

Stos

Loves Pink Poodles
thanks ill check later on the "main station" thingy thnx a lot. And yes i will bring a cube, memory card.. smash, controllers and i guess thats it. Seed is you want me to bring some other stuff ill try to bring it, ill post later again. :D

Scintillatedseed

Smash Journeyman
i just wanted to confirm volasko, how many cubes are you getting?

And yes, if someone can bring their laptop(or i can just use my computer to save you guys the trouble of the laptop, just tell me the program.) then we can set up some brackets and have a mini-tourney. I vote 2 bucks each!

I'm going to be announcing that early, when about 10+ people arrive. So we can get the brackets started.

Volasko

Smash Ace
Yeah Ill only be bringing one cube with me, I figured getting cubes would be easier than TV's. Law and order eh? who is order? and we will let u know at the tourney. Give us some time to warm up and im pretty sure we will accept. Yo Tai is there a space to park my car?

Bread-Butterer

Smash Ace
Bad news, turns out I have a stupid freaking drama rehearsal tomorrow till 5, so I'll be late. That also means I won't be able to bring a T.V. Is there anyway we can postpone the tourny till I arrive?

Stos

Loves Pink Poodles
I guess ill be there around 1:30- 3:30 and leaving arround 5 or 5:30 since me and my friend are going somewhere, too bad I can't stay any longer. So yeah right now imma cath some sleep for the fest tomrrow/mini tourney :p

Scintillatedseed

Smash Journeyman
Yeah Ill only be bringing one cube with me, I figured getting cubes would be easier than TV's. Law and order eh? who is order? and we will let u know at the tourney. Give us some time to warm up and im pretty sure we will accept. Yo Tai is there a space to park my car?
There better **** well be, my father should be at work, and unless someone else is bringing a car, there should be no reason there shouldn't be. IF there isn't, one(usually right in front of the backdoor to my place) then gimme a call before you come, I'll PM you my phone number.

hmm.... and stos actually wanted to do the tourney earlier since they were going to leave, but maybe we can postpone it, we'll do it by a vote. I'll probably postpone the team tourney, can't be a tourney without law and order :p. So what's the situations with the TV noah? We're only going to have 4 till liam and noah arrives then. UNLESS, everybody can pitch for vol's gas and then we can get the tv's once V arrives.

Bob Lablaw

Smash Journeyman
there's not going to be a cube shortage is there? That would be pretty unfortunate. And who says we need to postpone the tourny? If we're doing it for a buck (or possibly nothing) we could have a couple of em.

Edit: I totally forgot to do any MM challenges! Now it may be too late but are there any takers out there? I'll put forward my Falcon in any match up in a best of 3 or 5 for any amount up till 5 bucks. 1 2 or 3 bucks is just fine too. I'll put up my Link in any match 'cept Sheik (cause she's a ho). And anything I manage to win I'll put into the pot for the mini tourny, just to make things more interesting.

Jagg

Smash Journeyman
Would it be okay if I was to attend? I can bring a cube and perhaps a TV if I'm not feeling too lazy to carry it >_> Also, I really wanna whoop Kio's *** with my G&W. It's been too long!!

Top Bottom