• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashfest at Rayku's!

ArtDude

Smash Rookie
Is this still going on this Friday? If so and there's going to be a few people there then I'll probably drive down and make an appearance. I haven't Smashed in almost a week. Just got done acing my Digital Design Lab Practical and writing some research papers for TTL DIP chips vs FPGAs. By Friday I'll be begging for a good Brawl session...

Rayku

Smash Lord
Big update

Friday (tomorrow, July 3) is the last day I'm going to be able to have people over for the smashfest. Mom said she was returning sometime after July 4, and it's at an undisclosed time. I'm going to need time to clean up the house and such, and get the sweaty man stink out.

So, get your butts to my house tomorrow for the last day of smashing. We'll do a tournament or something cool if enough people show up :)

D0N

Smash Ace
--Idea--

If you had lots of people showing, or theres another event with lots of people, theres this crew battle type thing you can do with multiple games for $$$. You organize a team and have a list of games you can play. So we could have teams of 3 and play SF4, melee, brawl, and diddy kong racing for example. Basically, one team starts by challenging a member of another team to a game of their choosing. Loser is eliminated and losing team issues next challenge, but the same game cannot be played again. it works round robin style for all teams.

So lets say I am on a team with Zom-B and Rayku, against Marty, Billy, and Desu. I could get challenged by Billy to play melee and if I lose, my team loses their only SF4 player and has a huge weakness there. The same game cannot be used twice against the same team, so now Rayku and Zom~B can't play melee and we lose a big advantage there. My team issues next challenge and the process repeats until one team is eliminated. Its good to have a team with multiple talents.

Edit: Sorry, I meant to say the process continues until everyone has played a game

Purple

Hi guys!
--Idea--

If you had lots of people showing, or theres another event with lots of people, theres this crew battle type thing you can do with multiple games for $$$. You organize a team and have a list of games you can play. So we could have teams of 3 and play SF4, melee, brawl, and diddy kong racing for example. Basically, one team starts by challenging a member of another team to a game of their choosing. Loser is eliminated and losing team issues next challenge, but the same game cannot be played again. it works round robin style for all teams.

So lets say I am on a team with Zom-B and Rayku, against Marty, Billy, and Desu. I could get challenged by Billy to play melee and if I lose, my team loses their only SF4 player and has a huge weakness there. The same game cannot be used twice against the same team, so now Rayku and Zom~B can't play melee and we lose a big advantage there. My team issues next challenge and the process repeats until one team is eliminated. Its good to have a team with multiple talents.

Edit: Sorry, I meant to say the process continues until everyone has played a game
look ******s, pick my *** up tomorrow.

ArtDude

Smash Rookie
I need to decide if I'm going to this or not... it's an hour drive so I'm kind of reluctant (due to also being kind of poor -_-) but if there's going to be Smash and peoples....

Rayku

Smash Lord
I need to decide if I'm going to this or not... it's an hour drive so I'm kind of reluctant (due to also being kind of poor -_-) but if there's going to be Smash and peoples....
Yeah. So far no one is here yet. I don't know who else is coming; no one has contacted me about anything yet.

If less than four people show up, I'm going to make an effort to go draft Magic tonight. This will mean my house will be off-limits.

So people should come. As in, four or more.

bigman40

Smash Master
Sry bout not showing up yesterday. My dad bummed my chance to go (my car is still broken so I can only use his car) to go somewhere, and he's going out again tonight. So, I'm still stranded here :(

Rayku

Smash Lord
Hope everyone who came enjoyed themselves! Now to clean up after everything :p

Thread can be closed now, although I don't think it needs it.

BigLøu

Smash Lord
Thanks for the loads of housing dude. I had a blast playing games there. brought back some good memories aahh...

BBQ°

Smash Champion
Thanks everyone for the matchup experience and seriouslies, etc. I learned a lot from this and hopefully I'll start doing a lot better now.

Top Bottom